Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 11 November

Go down 
+56
Vimto
countesthorpe united
BUSFC Zack
johnmeode
talbotkeeper
Blackie
tobester29
LINEKER
TheSpecialOne
CSKA17
karljackoLKS
Paul Daniels
Hellboy
bretty1
the cat
Skeems
scottyh
driver666
Lks9
NiffyA
Sneijder10
gattuso
scouse1
stav
Polska legend II
the goalie
rocket ledge
Bucko
Hairy Hebrew!
Polingtons
spartamoshdock
dk4632
michael
FEAR_FUFC
Jimmyb
mowmacre fc
mickkkkkky
Pete Mourinho
dave ash
dan_mitchell_WRFC
the harrow wookie
Kilworthsunday
Mivan are going up
Sparta3
lbennett86
allen654
CSKA Mod
Rajiv14
Plough new boy
Joey-Gattuso
Ramley_LBFC
Joey Barton
THE MAGICIAN
dezza
Widds
Gordon
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 6:31 pm

Oscars 1-3 Star & Garter

Good performance from us today I thought. The pitch was surprisingly good and we were able to play decent football. We created a host of chances of which we missed many. George scored 2, his 2nd was an outstanding goal,taking on 2 players and curling on with the outside of his foot into the top corner. They pulled one back from the Gunn but we held on.

Glenfield next week at Gynsil Lane for us, hopefully we can keep going.

In response to Moshdock, I have spoken to my brother who is the manager of Magna 73, he is very downhearted about it all, he doesn't want to make a kneejerk reaction and resign but he is definately considering it. I heard the team they had out today and with 2 of his better players both going within the next week or so, the results will only get worse .

Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

I was thinking the exact same today Kev I feel magna and wcb are defos I pretty much said that at start of season, we need more than 10 teams in the prem there's guaranteed casualties every year
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:05 pm

Niffy c azzurris , both teams missin players, good entertaining. Game. Gutted we lost but fair play to azzurris they kept goin
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:16 pm

Quote :
I was thinking the exact same today Kev I feel magna and wcb are defos I pretty much said that at start of season, we need more than 10 teams in the prem there's guaranteed casualties every year

Car Breakers only had bare today, apparently one of there lads said to one of ours in the changing rooms (they were also playing at Western Park) that they were calling it a day as they "could no longer win anything"

If everyone else at that attituide then we'd lose 90% of teams in the Alliance League, that stinks that does if it was said.

If Car Breakers do fold and it's a big if, then Saff Lounge or FC Azzurri will be dancing through the streets!!!

I didn't expect Magna to be one of the ones that would fold, I'm still involved with the club and we'll be doing everything in our power to make sure Magna continue, even though they'll probably lose every game from here on in.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
good result for fccol today shuan riley is the player theve been missing well done lads

Shaun is well over rated
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:36 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

Car Breakers only had bare today, apparently one of there lads said to one of ours in the changing rooms (they were also playing at Western Park) that they were calling it a day as they "could no longer win anything"

If everyone else at that attituide then we'd lose 90% of teams in the Alliance League, that stinks that does if it was said.

If Car Breakers do fold and it's a big if, then Saff Lounge or FC Azzurri will be dancing through the streets!!!

I didn't expect Magna to be one of the ones that would fold, I'm still involved with the club and we'll be doing everything in our power to make sure Magna continue, even though they'll probably lose every game from here on in.
I hope none of them fold but I think it's more likely they both will than unlikely, wat can the league do to prevent this if it does happen?? It's a tough 1 but I always liked the idea of a 14 team prem so that let's say the teams not competing at the top of the division still had plenty of competitive games between themselves and if a couple did fold u would still be left with a decent number of teams, obviously the group stage Arthur Moore would have to give way
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:55 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

That attitude is abysmal, we have had no real chance of winning anything for 3 years now, surely Sunday morning football should be about more than just winning trophies?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

Totally agree dan
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:01 pm

the cat wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

I hope none of them fold but I think it's more likely they both will than unlikely, wat can the league do to prevent this if it does happen?? It's a tough 1 but I always liked the idea of a 14 team prem so that let's say the teams not competing at the top of the division still had plenty of competitive games between themselves and if a couple did fold u would still be left with a decent number of teams, obviously the group stage Arthur Moore would have to give way

The lads in charge of Frolesworth will be doing everything in our power to ensure the long-term security of our club.

We've had a mass exodus and turnover of playing staff from the side that got us up last year and approaching our sixth season, we have yet to play outside of the top two divisions having never won anything.

I'd much rather that than pot-hunt lower down the divisions, but if we keep getting a bare XI we will have to request to slip down the pyramid to enable us to be competitive.

There is no point in paying subs to get thumped 8-1 in the top-flight every week, there has to be an element of realism as well.

But in spite of having a bare XI today, it is about more than the result. I'd barely get to see plenty of my mates if the club didn't exist and that is what Sunday football should be about. If you happen to be successful as well, then you have cracked it.

In terms of the Arthur Moore Cup, it should be scrapped altogether. A competition exclusively for the top two divisions is madness.

Like you said, the leagues should be increased to 12-14 teams. I'd personally much rather play for league points than group games in a cup competition we have no intention of winning.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

Kev I can 99.9% guarantee you we will not be signing anyone from car breakers if they were to fold which I don't think they will! The only one from car breakers that would possibly come to us is my cousin Kieron and he'll go wherever the rest of them go!! They are a tight bunch lol
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:11 pm

bretty1 wrote:
Niffy c azzurris , both teams missin players, good entertaining. Game. Gutted we lost but fair play to azzurris they kept goin

Brett even I felt gutted for you to lose lol you definitely didn't deserve to
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:13 pm

Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

After receiving our nice shiny new ball as team of the month, I was very pleased with the result and overcoming the curse!
We were 3-0 up at half time and could of been a few more! Everyone of our lads put in a good performance! We seemed to get hacked quite alot by the LKS players, not necessarily dirty tackles but more late and clumsy. The Referee had to put up with alot of poor from the LKS crowd and players but in my eyes I thought our referee was one of the best we have had all season. For a young lad to manage the game the way he did was top notch and he could go a fair way!
Anyway back to the game and in all fairness LKS played alright in fits and starts and had a few efforts from distance but found our keeper in inspired form and was Awesome today showing a massive improvement from recent weeks.
We managed to wrap the game up with a good break and Lovey finishing past the keeper to make it a run of 8 wins out of 8!
Cheers to LKS lads who were alright lads and nice to have a bit of banter with! Good luck with your season
In cracking form right now and can't wait for the next game!

Another impressive result for Bowden today, seems like your season is mirroring your last!

How the ref had a good game! Shocked

Could not wait to blow against us, and how can you say we hacked you lot? Pot calling kettle there.

The ref blew against you as you continuously made poor late clumsy tackles. We made a few also and were duly punished. To get all that grief off you lot and still manage the game very well he got top marks from me!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:15 pm

scottyh wrote:
driver666 wrote:
Sounds like lks9 is a sore loser , I thought you lot were going to win div 6 easy lol.

watch this space from this week onwards pal yeah we aint great at the min but when we done wat we need do in next week ul all c

Huh?? Come again??
Back to top Go down
Lks9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:20 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

After receiving our nice shiny new ball as team of the month, I was very pleased with the result and overcoming the curse!
We were 3-0 up at half time and could of been a few more! Everyone of our lads put in a good performance! We seemed to get hacked quite alot by the LKS players, not necessarily dirty tackles but more late and clumsy. The Referee had to put up with alot of poor from the LKS crowd and players but in my eyes I thought our referee was one of the best we have had all season. For a young lad to manage the game the way he did was top notch and he could go a fair way!
Anyway back to the game and in all fairness LKS played alright in fits and starts and had a few efforts from distance but found our keeper in inspired form and was Awesome today showing a massive improvement from recent weeks.
We managed to wrap the game up with a good break and Lovey finishing past the keeper to make it a run of 8 wins out of 8!
Cheers to LKS lads who were alright lads and nice to have a bit of banter with! Good luck with your season

Another impressive result for Bowden today, seems like your season is mirroring your last!

Could not wait to blow against us, and how can you say we hacked you lot? Pot calling kettle there.

The ref blew against you as you continuously made poor late clumsy tackles. We made a few also and were duly punished. To get all that grief off you lot and still manage the game very well he got top marks from me!

How's your no6 knee anyway? Looked in discomfort, prob the best tackle he made all game Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:30 pm

Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

How's your no6 knee anyway? Looked in discomfort, prob the best tackle he made all game Twisted Evil

His knee is alright thanks! Think he may of jarred it after banging one in past your sloppy defence! Sure he will be fine and able to ride many more clumsy, sloppy and late challenges from u lot in the return
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:36 pm

Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

I bet you don't even know who the ref was.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

i bet you do stew
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 8:39 pm

FEAR_FUFC wrote:
the cat wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

The lads in charge of Frolesworth will be doing everything in our power to ensure the long-term security of our club.

We've had a mass exodus and turnover of playing staff from the side that got us up last year and approaching our sixth season, we have yet to play outside of the top two divisions having never won anything.

I'd much rather that than pot-hunt lower down the divisions, but if we keep getting a bare XI we will have to request to slip down the pyramid to enable us to be competitive.

There is no point in paying subs to get thumped 8-1 in the top-flight every week, there has to be an element of realism as well.

But in spite of having a bare XI today, it is about more than the result. I'd barely get to see plenty of my mates if the club didn't exist and that is what Sunday football should be about. If you happen to be successful as well, then you have cracked it.

In terms of the Arthur Moore Cup, it should be scrapped altogether. A competition exclusively for the top two divisions is madness.

Like you said, the leagues should be increased to 12-14 teams. I'd personally much rather play for league points than group games in a cup competition we have no intention of winning.
I honestly don't think u will be getting smashed every week mate a few of ur lads 2day looked class players just need a couple 2 go with them and to be fair that's prob the best we've played this season especially first half, I hear wat ur saying bout the Arthur Moore but having won this twice I personally don't wanna see it go and remember its not a 1 of a kind cup if the Arthur Moore was scrapped the stokes, ew foster ect would have to aswell
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

the cat wrote:
FEAR_FUFC wrote:
the cat wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

I honestly don't think u will be getting smashed every week mate a few of ur lads 2day looked class players just need a couple 2 go with them and to be fair that's prob the best we've played this season especially first half, I hear wat ur saying bout the Arthur Moore but having won this twice I personally don't wanna see it go and remember its not a 1 of a kind cup if the Arthur Moore was scrapped the stokes, ew foster ect would have to aswell

Thanks a lot, we're hoping to have a full side out at Dunley Way so we can give you a more competitive game. We've had a few injuries etc. lately, but if we can get a decent side out every week we're confident we've got enough to start climbing the table again.

After winning the Premier League last season, you're the benchmark for us so today was a wake up call in terms of how much we've still got to improve but we were more or less full strength against Star and lost 5-4, and we should have got at least a point.

As for the Arthur Moore Cup, if you've won it twice I can see why you've got a strong affection for it and I do also agree with your point about the Stokes and EW Foster Cup.

It's just always been our lowest priority behind the league, county cup and Billy Walton cup and that will probably always be the case.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 9:31 pm

just to add, if the prem was to be expanded who would you bring in? early in the season some mentioned NRI as future members of the prem, and we have now got 3 points from 4 games. You can't just expand the prem to deal with potential withdrawals.
Back to top Go down
Lks9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

Fresh out off primary school if your asking??
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:19 am

Widds wrote:
drew 1 apiece with barcabullona. In what can only be described as a dull game. Barcabullona seem a decent bunch, bit of banter. Thought their centre half was quality and decent do the flanks

What on earth was that game today? Probably the most boring game of football I've ever witnessed. Not through lack of quality mind, it was just a bit of a dull affair as you say.

Anyway, absolute calamity goal for us to concede and to be honest I could see that happening a mile off. Would of been gutted to of lost to that sort of goal but thankfully we got the point which i'm sure you'll agree was the right result.

I'd say we are both very evenly matched sides, 2 teams mainly filled with steady players with the odd bit of quality here and there. Thought the lad Leon was a good player and the lad who went off injured second half used the ball well.

Not sure which centre back your referring too? I'm guessing you meant the lad who scored are goal rather than the captain as he was well below his standards today.

Well played today though seemed a good bunch. 'WELL DONE REFFFF'
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 7:14 am

yeah agree with that, couple of our lads thought you were best footballing team in our division that we have faced. i don't know about that, i was asleep most of the game lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 7:15 am

oh and the big lad who likes to carry the ball out of defence. Think he was your captain
Back to top Go down
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 7:28 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Lks9 wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
A.F.C Royal Oak 4-0 LKS

Scorers;
Chris Dexter (pen)
Own Goal
Michael Haggerty
Chris Love

His knee is alright thanks! Think he may of jarred it after banging one in past your sloppy defence! Sure he will be fine and able to ride many more clumsy, sloppy and late challenges from u lot in the return

think the lads know i like to give an impartial view of things, and i thought oak wanted it more, closed us down really quick, were 1st to every header which is a golden rule, you must win the 1st ball!! over all they stopped us playing our game!!
we made some silly challanges at the back, i know this because as the goalkeeper, you get angry with your team for making them, but come on oak, that ref made some shocking calls too.
we had a new striker come off the bench in the 2nd half who did well and we have a few new lads expected this week, so like scott said, watch this space, vast improvement expected in the coming weeks.
well done oak, despite losing i actually enjoyed the game and the banter ...... until i got KO`d lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 8:00 am

Blaby 3-3 CSKA 2nds

Always going to be a game of two halves on that pitch, not sure that calling it a slope or hill does it justice!! Blaby 2 up at half time, through a defensive mix up and an excellent finish from their skipper, however at half time knew we were still in it going downhill 2nd half. Went 3 down shortly after half time which was a worry, but as soon as we pulled one back knew a comeback was on. Pummelled them for 20 mins to get level, and had a chance to snatch it as blaby were wobbling, but somehow regained their composure for last 5 mins, with no great chances for either side. Fair result.

Really enjoyed playing blaby both times this year. Good set of lads and some decent players. Andy Lapworth looked a good player.
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 8:25 am

That Sun Was A Blinder. Couldn't See A F***ing Thing First Half.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 8:30 am

TheSpecialOne wrote:
That Sun Was A Blinder. Couldn't See A F***ing Thing First Half.

That was out refs excuse for disallowing our 1st perfectly good goal
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:04 am

Widds wrote:
yeah agree with that, couple of our lads thought you were best footballing team in our division that we have faced. i don't know about that, i was asleep most of the game lol

Boring boring Barca!!

Well we try to play football as a team as we're not blessed with match changing individuals to be honest.

I'm not sure where both teams will end up this season. I don't think we should prop up the division but then again I can't see who we're going to beat at the moment, although we are getting a few players back.

Our division is really tight compaired to recent years. No whipping boys this season.
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Joey-Gattuso wrote:
FC Pochin 0 CPR 3

Beaten by a decent CPR team, they didn't have to get out of 2nd gear really, looked comfortable all game.

I must admit after our last game I was expecting a tougher game, but similar to the last game as soon as you guys conceded your heads dropped and you looked resign to losing, we were missing some key players as well and I thought we might struggle.

Still good bunch of lads, im sure you will do alright still this season, just need to get that old boy out your midfield but at least he won 1 header in this game Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:03 am

Widds wrote:
just to add, if the prem was to be expanded who would you bring in? early in the season some mentioned NRI as future members of the prem, and we have now got 3 points from 4 games. You can't just expand the prem to deal with potential withdrawals.
Whoever the league felt was strong enough widds thurmaston , azzuri, foxes, Fairfield, whoever but either way if the prem ends up like last year something will have to be done about it
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:20 am

Of the teams you mentioned there Andy, one was muted for the Prem but told the league they would fold if they went up and the other did fold and reformed in Div 2.

In the cold light of day, this is now the reality of modern sunday footy. If you look at all the other Premier Divisions around the county, LSL have 5, Charnwood have 7 and Hinckley have 9. We still have the biggest and the most competitive.

At the moment we are handling with rumours and nothing else, lets see if this pans out, fingers crossed everyone can get through it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:22 am

rocket ledge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Lks9 wrote:

i bet you do stew

Thomas.
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:35 am

S&G Sec wrote:
Of the teams you mentioned there Andy, one was muted for the Prem but told the league they would fold if they went up and the other did fold and reformed in Div 2.

In the cold light of day, this is now the reality of modern sunday footy. If you look at all the other Premier Divisions around the county, LSL have 5, Charnwood have 7 and Hinckley have 9. We still have the biggest and the most competitive.

At the moment we are handling with rumours and nothing else, lets see if this pans out, fingers crossed everyone can get through it.
Yeh I no wat ur saying mate its just getting frustrating, the lower leagues seem better to play in nowadays, this is prob gonna be my last season Sunday's now I need a new challenge gonna have to give this Saturday larke a go I reckon lol
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:05 am

Global Athletic 5 - 1 Dukla Hillisde
Calum Turner for Dukla

Good game ben though we lost 5-1. Thought the final scoreline was a little harsh on our boys but Global finished very well and punished us when they had the chance.

First half, first 10-15mins we knocked the ball around and caused Global problems with our formation and deservedly took the lead. 5mins later we had a 1on1 which Calum shouldve buriedbut put wide. After this Global came back into the game looking to get down the flanks and scored two goals albeit the 2nd a miskicked shinner from Kris Mort Embarassed Very Happy
Missed another 1on1 when our winger, he went round their keeper but from a tight angle hit the post and it rolled acrossd the goal and didnt go in.

Went in at half time 2-1 down, but in a positive frame as we were still in the game.

2nd half, Global sat a bit deeper and it worked well as they looked to hit us on the break.
We played decent footy again our striker balzing wide from 18yards when he couldve taken it in 1on1 then somehow missed another volleyed chance from 6yards. Global go up the other end and our keeoper takes their striker out 20yards from goal. Resulting freekick they scored a good goal but our goalie slipped.
After that we panicked and lost our shape and tried to force it and Global duly punished us with 3 well worked goals and we also missed a pen Crying or Very sad

Upto half time was a close even game but on the 2nd half performance Global deswerved the victory but not by 4goals in my opinion.
Good set of lads, some good banter with Kris Mort, game played in the right way, bit of moaning from each team but thats Sunday football, and the ref did ok considering he had lost his voice.

Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:44 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Fosse City 3 - 2 Thurmaston WMP

Decent result for us and really pleased after coming back from 2 nil down. To be honest though, the less said about the game the better, for everyone.

I want to know what happened in this game? I'm guessing because it was Thurmaston, then something kicked off? No offence.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:52 am

LINEKER wrote:
Joey-Gattuso wrote:
FC Pochin 0 CPR 3

Beaten by a decent CPR team, they didn't have to get out of 2nd gear really, looked comfortable all game.

I must admit after our last game I was expecting a tougher game, but similar to the last game as soon as you guys conceded your heads dropped and you looked resign to losing, we were missing some key players as well and I thought we might struggle.

Still good bunch of lads, im sure you will do alright still this season, just need to get that old boy out your midfield but at least he won 1 header in this game Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Haha, no idea who the old boy in midfield is?!!

To be fair, I don't normally lose many headers but Danny M is one of the strongest players I've played against for a long time. Credit where its due and must admit I did enjoy the banter with you lads.

You've hit the nail on the head with us mate, we are brilliant when we are winning in a game but awful when we're losing.

As predicted by many CPR are becoming a good, dangerous team - good luck for the rest of the season

Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:38 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Decent result for us and really pleased after coming back from 2 nil down. To be honest though, the less said about the game the better, for everyone.

I want to know what happened in this game? I'm guessing because it was Thurmaston, then something kicked off? No offence.

Two sent off, own worst enermy to b fair thats wot will cost them
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

PM'd you.
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

so mush talk over my red well i got what i deserved end off ref was shocking but not a excuse to abuse him in the way i did when the ref turn up at 10.35 then blames the sun on his woeful performance and then laugh when we ask him y used 1 lino and not ours if not fair if he every ref a game am involved in then i will not be playing had him 5 times in the last 3 season and every time he makes to many wrong decision ............. end off it done and gone just waiting to see how long i will be banned for and time to save 30+ pound ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 11 November   Banter for Sunday 11 November - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 11 November
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next