Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 30 November

Go down 
+11
Pete Mourinho
SuecastleFC
Polska legend II
phil_brown
the owl
The Admiral
allen654
mowmacre fc
Talbotleftback
King_Emile_WRFC
Gordon
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 30 November Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

A sprinkling of postponements (see Results thread) but still plenty to discuss

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King_Emile_WRFC

King_Emile_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 2:28 pm

Union Inn 4
Wigston Rangers 4

Very interesting game as the scoreline suggests - we were let down by a few and had to change plans before KO. We went in at half time 3-1 down and had to start the second half with 10 men due to an injury. We got back into the game at 3-3 then went 4-3 down and down to 9 men after another injury. We fought back really well and scored a penalty before holding on and seeing the last 10 out.

The game was feisty and the big, sometimes risky challenges from Union were put in as expected but our lads kept our heads on and got a valuable point.

Second half performance was fantastic and we're looking forward to the reverse fixture.

Goalscorers: Firth (1), Watson (3)
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

Crazy game today beat humbo 2000 6-4 was 4-4 with 10 left tom Reid scored a worldly of a free kick. Then popped up with the 6th in off the post. All credit to humbo good set of lads there played on a cow field might I add lol. But see u in the return leg
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 4:22 pm

Can't find sielby results anywhere normally have no problem each week !
Oh that's right they must have lost brrrrrrrr
Alliance league is a tough league be prepared
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

Wigston Fields 6 - 1 Mivan

Danny lawlor x2
Mark Allen x2
Steve Toone
Callum marvin

Fields collecting all 3 points this morning and back to winning ways. First half was a close battle with mivan pressing well and causing us some problems. Callum Marvin making some excellent goal saving blocks at centre back. But it was fields who took the lead when the ball was headed back into the area with our player closing in on the keeper. The keeper spilled it (should have gathered it easily) and the rebound fell to Danny lawlor to side foot home from the edge of the box. Both teams created a couple of chances in the first half but nothing came of it. Into the second half and a counter attack saw mark Allen cut inside into his left foot inside the area and slot home. Mivan pegged us back when a ball was failed to be cleared and fell to there striker who finished well into the far corner. After that fields began to wake up and put a bit of pressure on. A Callum Marvin free kick was headed in unmarked by Danny lawlor at the far post. A long ball from a free kick was flicked on and Mark Allen was ran into the area to fire it low through the keeper. Then the goal of the game when Steve Toone curled in a left footed free kick from 25 yards into the top corner. Callum Marvin sealed the win with a 1 yard tap in agree great determination from Danny lawlor to get to a ball he had no right too.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

FAIRFIELD ATHLETIC 2-3 WHITE HORSE WANDERERS (connor,unwin& scotty)

Good start for Fairfield,they went 2-0 up in the first half but we pegged them back to 2-2.
A few handbags were thrown and both teams were down to 10 men,despite facebook reports of puches and headlocks it wasn't that exiting just pushes and threats from both players,who both deservedly saw red.Pretty standard sunday league stuff.Another little chap from the home side saw yellow shortly after for verbals to the ref.

White horse cranked the pressure up last 10 mins and deserved the well taken winner.

Terrible pitch and bad conditions didn't help but was a good contest,cant wait for the return leg
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014, 8:58 pm

mowmacre8 seaton 1
many thanks to seaton for agreeing to the game at short notice,we should have played tomlin.we played some decent stuff today with a great effort from some squad players covering for injuries and suspensions.solid debut from the new centre back,very good addition,bring on the wasps we will give em a tough game.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 10:11 am

mowmacre fc wrote:

Ha what's your problem, i don't even know who you are.

it's also spelt Sileby not Sielby.

On a footballing note, we got a good hiding yesterday, went 2-0 up and thought we would cruise to the end, not the case.

Both teams should of gone down to 10 men, theirs for a bad tackle and ours for reacting, would of been interesting because the Countesthorpe player got subbed off 1st half and the lad that replaced him was v.good. They punished us on the break, they are the best attacking side i've seen for a long time and it was a shock to the system.

Makes the title race interesting, between 5/6 teams now. Last league game of the year for us, big County Cup game next sunday.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 1:26 pm

ac wigston 8 monsell wmc 4

well contested game between two good sides, both halves finished 4-2. wigston flew out of the traps and were 1-0 up on 90 seconds and that pretty much set the tone of the game. I personally have never seen them play as well as they did yesterday and think the monsell lads were a bit shellshocked. they steadily clawed their way back into the game, and wigston's only down side was falling asleep at set pieces which cost them their first two goals. Nathan Rutter was outstanding in the middle and scored 4, and Ross Perry was superb at the back as well - especially in the air. Wigston conceded a penalty in the second half which saw the scores go to 5-4 and they wobbled slightly at that point, but managed to ride it out and score more goals. Amused that the lad the gave away the penalty was still insisting even at the end of the game that it was accidental due to him being pushed whereas the Wigston skipper told me at the end: it was a definite handball, and I just hoped that you hadn't seen it! Well done to both sides, credit to the league
Back to top Go down
SuecastleFC

SuecastleFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm

Friar Lane 1-4 Suecastle

It's always great to do the double over a side in a league season but it was especially pleasing to get a another 4-1 win over a side at the will be in the top few come the end of the season.

We flew out of the blocks and found ourselves a goal up after only a couple of minutes. We should really have increased our lead by another few goals but things just didn't seem to fall for us and Friar Lane came back into the game, missing several chances of their own. We managed to grab another goal before the half and deservedly lead 2-0 at the break.

The second half was a similar affair, we created lots but the Friar Lane keep made several saves to keep us at bay. They had chances of their own but the strikers didn't have their best game (and our keeper had one of his better days!). With around 10 minutes to go we were 4 goals to the good and the game was over but for a small wobble that cost us the clean sheet.

The Suecastle goals came from Jack Hirst (x2), Harvey Jones and Jack Tranter.

Thanks to the Friar Lane lads, we look forward to hopefully playing you again next season.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

On a footballing note, we got a good hiding yesterday, went 2-0 up and thought we would cruise to the end, not the case.

Both teams should of gone down to 10 men, theirs for a bad tackle and ours for reacting, would of been interesting because the Countesthorpe player got subbed off 1st half and the lad that replaced him was v.good. They punished us on the break, they are the best attacking side i've seen for a long time and it was a shock to the system.

Makes the title race interesting, between 5/6 teams now. Last league game of the year for us, big County Cup game next sunday.

It's called banter
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

mowmacre fc wrote:
phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

It's called banter

Calling a team out isn't really "banter", especially when you didn't even post about your own result!!

Anyway, it's flattering that teams above us take an interest in our results. All the best
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeMon 01 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm

phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:
phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

It's called banter

Calling a team out isn't really "banter", especially when you didn't even post about your own result!!

Anyway, it's flattering that teams above us take an interest in our results. All the best

Belive it or not I look at every result we won 8-1 I didn't post but it just a bit of banter as you boys had your first defeat I was trying stir the pot which worked a treat we had the same pal our first defeat came against frolesworth we got some stick we know and now u know what it feels like losing so in future please win
All best to you boys
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 9:02 am

phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:
phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

It's called banter

Coleman will always try and wind you up and to be fair you took the bait good and proper on this occasion Razz

Secondly surely you could see the sarcasm in his first sentence!!
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 9:09 am

mowmacre fc wrote:
phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:
phil_brown wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

It's called banter

Belive it or not I look at every result we won 8-1 I didn't post but it just a bit of banter as you boys had your first defeat I was trying stir the pot which worked a treat we had the same pal our first defeat came against frolesworth we got some stick we know and now u know what it feels like losing so in future please win
All best to you boys

It's good to see people actually care about us haha! See you in the Billy Walton!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 12:06 pm

Banter or otherwise - I cannot agree at all that Sileby's defeat opens up the title race for 5/6 teams. Still totally theirs to lose in my opinion and I don't see anyone getting near
Back to top Go down
wopman

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Banter or otherwise - I cannot agree at all that Sileby's defeat opens up the title race for 5/6 teams. Still totally theirs to lose in my opinion and I don't see anyone getting near
yep have to agree on that one sileby or foxes for the league cant see any other outcome
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 3:09 pm

foxes? drunken
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm

Two separate divisions?
Back to top Go down
wopman

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitimeWed 03 Dec 2014, 8:12 am

clarkeh wrote:
Two separate divisions?
: my mistake lol still suffering from head injury from sunday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 30 November   Banter - Sunday 30 November Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 30 November
Page 1 of 1