Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 18 November

Go down 
+37
norty14
Paulo
Sparta3
LINEKER
riley
oily
Abruzzi
gattuso
dave ash
Edgar
Paul Daniels
Rajiv14
the harrow wookie
Rwhite08
Lks9
Hairy Hebrew!
stav
lbennett86
CSKA Mod
Joey Barton
johnmeode
WILKSY
THE MAGICIAN
BUSFC Zack
mowmacre fc
Aussie Owl
hotshot66
allen654
Bucko
Fccol
driver666
Widds
Ramley_LBFC
Hellboy
NUGENT.
timmy mallet
Gordon
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 18 November Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

Are you a step along the road for a Holmes Park final?

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

would just like to say the ref today was awful, the lino on the other team was biased, the pitch was boggy, i had my boots on the wrong feet and my mummy never came to watch.............whoops im a day early
Back to top Go down
NUGENT.

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012, 7:16 pm

timmy mallet wrote:
would just like to say the ref today was awful, the lino on the other team was biased, the pitch was boggy, i had my boots on the wrong feet and my mummy never came to watch.............whoops im a day early
Are you Bowden manager in disguise?! Razz
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 12:13 am

NUGENT. wrote:
timmy mallet wrote:

only on a sunday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 9:57 am

NUGENT. wrote:

He's in disguise alright, when he takes his vest off the plumage is revealed.
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

Little Bowden 4-0 Birstall Rangers (Stokes)
Evan Watts
Baz Panter
Alex Stanyon
Jamie Dales

We played awful first half and only kicked in to gear last 20 mins. Four goals in the final ten minutes gives us our first cup win in five seasons. Fair play to the Birstall lads who played 60 mins with ten men. Good luck for rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

lost to Thurmaston 5-2 i think.
most of the Thurmaston lads are sound.
losing a lot of love for the game to be honest
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

Widds wrote:

Understandable on a cold muddy wet winter day, i'm sure the love will return, don't get down hearted, keep up the good work, my sweet sweet widds, lets not have any more of that talk, think holmes park...think holmes park.

everyone struggles for players on days like this, they see their car frosted over, and run straight back to bed.
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 1:41 pm

Aylstone athletic 2-1 sporting birstall

Gutted we lost to Aylstone today, we had a goal disallowed for offside when the player was clearly not offside and Aylstone got a penalty when our player clearly got the ball. It might have helped if the ref actually moved out of the centre circle all game, birstall played the much better football today. GUTTED.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Plough wigston 2-3 fccol
Game of 2 halfs n set-pieces. Competative through out but 1st half we pilled on pressure. We got a goal and both teams were set 2 take ko only 4 the ref 2 speak 2 ploughs lino n call offside??? I dont get how wen our striker backheeled it 2 another striker who put it in the net after initial save from keeper. We just carried on tho and got a deserved lead from an outswinging freekick which was bundled over the line. 2nd another set-piece which was inswinger 2 bk post was tapped in 4 a half time lead of 0-2. 2nd half we switched off and a long ball came in and our rm went 2 chest it but bounced the wrong way and he put his arm out. Peno 1-2. Game on now and plought throw everything bar the kitchen sink and a sloppy corner was headered onto the bar and a few faint shouts 4 handball and the ref agreed. We couldnt believe it but after 2 mins had 2 accept it. Peno was taken nicely and 2-2. Into last minute and a counter by us turned nice which left space 4 our cm 2 take a dig from 30 yards which clipped the strikers head and lobbed a diving keeper. Great game 2 b involved in and think overall a draw after 90 would of been fair but think we did jus edge it if i had 2 choose. Plough are a great bunch of lads and deserve a lot of respect.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 1:56 pm

Widds wrote:

Thurmaston went down to ten didnt they
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

Wigston fields 1 - 3 global athletic

Goal scorer: Luke Allen

Poor standard game by both teams was shown in the goals which were all of a dreadful standard by the defending teams. Game of few chances in the first half two slack markings on separate occasions but global 2-0 up at half time. In the second half Wigston upped there game a bit but after a corner was headed down by a global player and then poked home it was pretty much over. Wigston pulled one back through a luke Allen tap in after a good move and the same player had a chance to score his second when probably should have squared up. Other than that not a lot of chances to note. Credit to the global lads for taking advantage and taking there chances.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Bucko wrote:
Widds wrote:

Thurmaston went down to ten didnt they

yes mate. Could have gone down to 9 with one leg breaker of a challenge as well, plus their forward who decide to try and fight with anyone could have been booked on about 8 occasions.

what a shocking pitch as well lol. We had six missing and one lad was playing despite being treated by paramedics last night for a virus. Having said all this, we were shocking today and made them look like Barcelona

The ref did superbly to keep the game going, quality ref to be fair.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

hotshots 5 - 3 wigston united

good game of footy played in a good spirit, we went 1 up fairly early, they got level after a a mix up at the back, as we went 2-1 up one of their lads stayed down with what seemed a bad injury to his knee, ambulance was called and we waited for what must have been 30mins. in the end we all agreed to pick the posts up and move onto the pitch next door, finished the first half on that pitch at 3-1. we went 5-1 up in the second half before we let them have a sniff giving away 2 really sloppy goals. we were lucky today wigston didnt have the firepower to exploit what was really slack defending all game.

good luck in the rest of the season wigston, decent set of lads and played in the right spirit through out.

all the best to your injured lad from everybody at hotshots, let us know what the damage is!
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

Haha the pitch is poor mate worst pitch in the league probably, fair play for still playing the game tho mate alot of teams wouldnt with so many missing.mentioning no names
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
hotshots 5 - 3 wigston united
one of their lads stayed down with what seemed a bad injury to his knee, ambulance was called and we waited for what must have been 30mins. in the end we all agreed to pick the posts up and move onto the pitch next door, !

Well done to both teams. Best wishes for the injured player
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
Fosse 2
Hoskins 2
Abandoned after 43mins.
Less said the better

Editted by Moderator.

The County FA will decide.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:06 pm

and the ref sent our goalkeeper off but 10 mins after he a-a the ref no names said sorry to our keeper (thanks ) but bit late now ref
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:12 pm

Great game today between Blaby and LBT.

Really enjoyed the game.

Blaby went 1-0 up and then 2-1 up before LBT keeper produced a brilliant save to deny a our 3rd goal. Again I think the other team will agree Blaby were holding our own against a higher div team but unfortunately our inability to retain a lead and last longer than 70 mins hit us again. Although LBT were slow to start they definitely finished strong. With a lot of thanks to the two lads they brought on. Clearly high class but I'm certain they already knew that.

Great bunch of lads from LBT, real good game, no dirtiness and very sportsman like. Hope to play you again soon and good luck in the cup.

Your keeper played well but hopefully ill get to play again soon against wade!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

Thought our ref today in our game is as good as they get, Karl Robinson is a tip, top ref.

Unfortunately that's the only thing that was good about our game.

We were starting with 9 men but got 11 on the pitch just on kick off, since i took over I've not had much to moan about so not going to now, missing several key players was always going to he tough but the fact that I gave a team talk to 9 to start the match and they wanted to give it a go says alot about my squad.

Maybe be a few weeks yet until we get one or two back to give us a fighting chance of putting out team to give the oppo a game but we will dig in.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:24 pm

Really happy with our lads for the last two weeks! Absolutely played pheonix off the park last week in the billy walton then done the same this week against st marks in the Ew fosters! Tough test next week against a prem team!
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

Seaton 1 v 6 Fairfield Dynamo

Scorers were Mitch Warner 3, Tom Orton, Ryan Woolley & Adam tester.

We didn't play great today but we got the result, to be fair if it weren't for there Keeper it could have been 10.

Good set of lads at Seaton
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

Superfly 5 - 2 Phoenix

We were awful today, really disappointed with our performance.
Almost certain that if Phoenix had a full team they would have won today.
Phoenix are suffering badly due to injuries, As soon as some are back in sure they start getting some results.

A lot of time for them and hope they take some points away from some of the high flyers for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

North Kilworth First 3-1 CSKA Carnabys Firsts

We went 1-0 up very early on and led for best part of an hour. That said Kilworth had chances to pull level and perhaps should have done so much earlier than they did but we had a stone wall penalty turned down at 1-0 too which could have had an impact.

Second half the game became very stretched with chances at each end and with 25 left Kilworth pulled level and then shortly after tool the lead.

In the final ten minutes both sides could have scored and we missed an excellent chance at the death from which Kilworth broke and made it 3-1 with the last kick. A good game all in all and well contested by both sides. Feel like we should have at least took it to extra time but you have to take chances.

Kilworth are a good bunch though. Hope they progress further.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:

Really enjoyed the game.

Blaby went 1-0 up and then 2-1 up before LBT keeper produced a brilliant save to deny a our 3rd goal. Again I think the other team will agree Blaby were holding our own against a higher div team but unfortunately our inability to retain a lead and last longer than 70 mins hit us again. Although LBT were slow to start they definitely finished strong. With a lot of thanks to the two lads they brought on. Clearly high class but I'm certain they already knew that.

Great bunch of lads from LBT, real good game, no dirtiness and very sportsman like. Hope to play you again soon and good luck in the cup.

I'd say thats a very fair assessment of the game! I'm glad some1 else mentioned my save before I had to! lol Hope you all have a great season and I'm sure the rest of the lads would love to play you again sometime! We were very slow to start, we didn't really get going until we bought on Gonga and Reid, Really enjoyed the game, played in good spirits on what can only be described as a very... uneven... pitch!
Back to top Go down
stav

stav

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:

Really enjoyed the game.

good assessment to be honest, I'd argue we were worthy of equalising at 1-1 but you came back strong and were deservedly 2-1 up at half time. Not our best game but fortunately we had a strong bench to get us off the hook. Blaby are a good bunch with a good team spirit.
Back to top Go down
stav

stav

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

lbennett86 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:

Really enjoyed the game.

I'd say thats a very fair assessment of the game! I'm glad some1 else mentioned my save before I had to! lol Hope you all have a great season and I'm sure the rest of the lads would love to play you again sometime! We were very slow to start, we didn't really get going until we bought on Gonga and Reid, Really enjoyed the game, played in good spirits on what can only be described as a very... uneven... pitch!
did you make a save Liam, sorry mate didn't see it, lol
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 5:01 pm

stav wrote:
lbennett86 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:

Really enjoyed the game.

did you make a save Liam, sorry mate didn't see it, lol

I think I mite have Stav... my left hand hurt for a few mins so I'm pretty sure I made contact lol!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

White Eagles 1-3 AFC Royal Oak

Scorers;
Chris Dexter
Chris Love
Dan Maxwell ( apparently claiming what looked like an own goal)

Good win today against a good Eagles outfit. Think we came out the blocks early and stamped our authority on the game. Got tight and closed down Eagles quickly. First half I thought we played very well and could of gone in 3 or 4 up but just the one goal separated the sides at half time.
Second half Eagles came out the blocks a little quicker and managed to equalise through a free header at a corner, not happy! We then made a couple of substitutions which sparked us back into life scoring a deserved two goals to send us through.

Was Impressed with Eagles especially their two wingers, number 2 was very tricky. Your number 9 was quite queit and seemed to be very frustrated and uninterested.

P.s super stop from the Eagles keeper first half! Smile

I think we definitely deserved the win even with a couple of big players out and we are now at 9 wins in 9! Massive game next week v's Inter Mivan! Roll on next week!
Back to top Go down
Lks9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 5:57 pm

Lks 2-9 Royalists

Less said the better, man sent off after 10 mins for handball on the line.

Glad we were labelled has pot hunters cause a few off our lads believe they are superstars! Big reality check needed after this game.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 6:06 pm

NPE 6-2 St Marks: another really good performance today. We went 1-0 down to a great strike but heads stayed up we dug in and started to create chances and the lads up top were to much for their defence. It was a good game and good luck to St marks for rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

harrow 3 cpr 4
great game today played like we no we can. kyle donnely opening the scoring with a quality lob then cpr going 2-1 up at half time . came out second half and just went for it going 3-2 up but cpr showed there experiance didnt panic and in the end there fitness was better than ours and leveled it 3-3 and then got the winner with 7 mins left all in all decent game . really enjoyed it fookin shattered now though lol
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

decent showing from div 7 playing teams in higher divisions today harrow,sporting,and blaby did well in defeat against div 5 teams and carnabys and north killworth getting wins agaist dukla and mivan of div six shows we can all compete on are day and good luck to fccol and cfa after getting to the next round
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

off what was played today hoskins vs fosse
it was a good battle with fosse trying to play football as the game went into 20 mins we was playing balls inbehind there defence which was poor they try to play too much which aint a bad thing we caught them out easy they are a good div 1 team still shocked how they beat thurmo cus thurmo are better than us but felt that we would off won today never mind some silly decisions all game by both players managers and ref but look forward to replay it will be a close game im sure
Back to top Go down
Rajiv14

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
harrow 3 cpr 4
great game today played like we no we can. kyle donnely opening the scoring with a quality lob then cpr going 2-1 up at half time . came out second half and just went for it going 3-2 up but cpr showed there experiance didnt panic and in the end there fitness was better than ours and leveled it 3-3 and then got the winner with 7 mins left all in all decent game . really enjoyed it fookin shattered now though lol

Good game today, we just couldn't get anything going and only woke up when you guys went 3-2 up. Game was played in the right spirit and Min Conway bailed us out again!

All the best for the season!
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 7:17 pm

Rajiv14 wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
harrow 3 cpr 4

Good game today, we just couldn't get anything going and only woke up when you guys went 3-2 up. Game was played in the right spirit and Min Conway bailed us out again!

All the best for the season!

fair comment fella we all said you really turned it up in the last 20 mins, if we wasnt so shattered think we would of got to extra time but would of been to knakered to play another 30 mins lol

Last edited by the harrow wookie on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 7:21 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
it was a good battle with fosse trying to play football as the game went into 20 mins we was playing balls inbehind there defence which was poor they try to play too much which aint a bad thing we caught them out easy they are a good div 1 team still shocked how they beat thurmo cus thurmo are better than us but felt that we would off won today never mind some silly decisions all game by both players managers and ref but look forward to replay it will be a close game im sure

Why was it abandoned then?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 7:26 pm

Enderby 2 - 2 Royale Barcabullona

Good game of football today, and a fair result. Although I'm pretty sure Enderby are the sort of side that will say they should of won and that we are 'the worst side they've played this season'.

However the scoreline doesn't lie, it was a good even game of which Enderby maybe had more of the first half and us more of the second. A few handbags being thrown around but the referee handled it pretty well to be fair, you don't want reds on a sunday for silly stuff as it wasn't a particularly aggresive encounter.

I'm sure Enderby will be up there as their forward play is good, although not so clever at the back.

We on the other hand, dare I say it, are improving.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

fc hoskins wrote:

Prob cos thurmo had two sent off
Back to top Go down
Edgar

Edgar

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

Bucko wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

Prob cos thurmo had two sent off

Was there last week, sendings off were last 10-15 mins. When you say decisions by both players and managers, you referring to players and managers of both sides? Would be interested to know what these were?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 November   Banter for Sunday 18 November Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 18 November
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next