Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for games played 9th October

Go down 
+44
Spy
tobester29
Katie G
Paulo
Hat Man
lingers
Blackie
greeeedy
BULLIT
norty14
Hellboy
L.K.F.C
browny15lfc
Pete Mourinho
Joey Barton
Bucko
WILKSY
Skeems
Fieldy
A.McNulty
wheel1
LoneRanger38
Cobbo
gattuso
Alan Partridge
newsreader
man in black
mowmacre fc
Sparta3
Murney
dezza
Polska legend II
Rajiv14
Jim royle
Fishandchips
LCFCHOTSHOT
Sneijder10
talbotkeeper
riley
OBSERVER
BOSSMAN
bad tekkers
Kilworthsunday
Aussie Owl
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

kaffir inn fc wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
kaffir inn fc wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
kaffir inn fc wrote:
magna 3 kaffir 1
i dont like coming on here and moanin or anythin but feel like i need to today our ref today was shocking.

it was a very even and lets face it poor game and got worse when the ref gave a penalty decision from about the half way line.

our linesman today is a qualified ref himself and the ref wouldnt even listen to him and he was in line with the incident. how he came to his decision is beond me but there you go. i suppose it didnt help that the lad lept like a salmon to fool the ref. my centre half was livid he swares blind he didnt touch the player.

on a lighter note well played to the magna lads (except the salmon) their keeper was quality and if it wernt for him it would have been different and the lad up top who got two was real good aswell they did deserve the win i think.

probably because of the choice words your lino had for the ref. And as a qualified ref, he should know better than to call him this and that. OK the ref didn't have the best of days, but your lino shouting at him was never going to help the situation!

i admit my lino did loose his temper but if some1 isnt listening to you and using choise words of his own you would loose your temper he should of had his opinion taken into account.

as for my centre bk i admit he should of bin sent off for the second tackle that is certain but doesnt that prove the ref didnt do his job properly. it was a terrible tackle and he will be delt with inkeeping with our club rules because i dont want any of my players tackling like that. your lad could of been injured and i wouldnt wish that on ne1 i am on crutches myself at the min so i no.

he only said he didnt touch him to wind the ref up. he is my bro in law and is an honest bloke and he was so angry about the penalty he went over the top and i appologise for that. like i sed you deserved the result overall you were the better side but u also have to admit that lad would have got perfect 10s for that dive and it did change the game from our perspective and it went in your favour.

as for my player handling the ball he didnt run off celebrating he knew what he had done and walked away.

I appreciate the comments and like i say was a dull game but thought u were still a strong side and like i say impressed with u as a new team

Your incident with your cb, i personally (i am the captain by the way) asked the ref not to bother sending the guy off as i saw him reach for his cards....the game was not malicious in any way shape or form and the guy was having some good banter with ours boys especially our ginger keeper lol. We dont want to see honest well organised teams like your self get unnecessary sendings off etc, it was in the last 5 mins and like u say no one was hurt...not shaking my hand at the end though made me think why did i bother though to be honest...but i guessed it was just frustration

Even IF Hogan made a meal out of it, i am pretty certain there must have been SOME contact purely becuase the rate of knots he flew into the challenge

Any way its done now, good luck to the rest of the season, look forward to the return leg at your place

i agree with you i heard you boys talking to the ref fair play.

on the peno he got the ball anyway so contact with your player if any woulnt make a difference i no wat ure gona say he didnt get the ball but i was rite next to the tackle and he played the ball out of play and with the direction that the ball went i have no doubt he got the ball i dont wana go on anymore im borin myself lets just say u played better than us and got the result well played.

haha i wasnt going to say that, i just said i guess there had to be some contact somewhere, i cant comment if he touched the ball, if he has we will take the luck....sure we will have days like your during the season...plus if we didnt talk about this our match report would be very very short!!! lol

Well played again and like i say look forward to the return leg
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
think there was a mass brawl last week at a Stevenage game because someone wouldn't shake hands after...

haha nothing like that happened.....he was frustrated which I can understand but but still....
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Magna 73 Rangers 2-1 Advance Couriers

Right where do I begin...............

Yes we have beaten the mighty Advance Couriers, and unfortunately I fear that this achievement will get overlooked because Advance were down to 9 men in the end.

We started the game and Advance were the better side but we were well organised and apart from a speculative shot from 25 yards which was tipped wide by our stand in keeper (who isn't a keeper I might add) they didnt trouble us.

Whilst this was happening there were a few physical tackles by us, nothing dirty or extreme just good competitive tackles, they took exception to a couple and when he got the chance mid way in the 1st half, the centre midfielder (I know his name but I don't think I should stay) Stamped on Joe Brown, ref had no choice.

Then Tom Cartwright scored to give us the lead, he ran through, he had a shot which was brilliantly saved by the keeper but luckily it fell to him again and he put it in.

So 2nd half begins and even down to 10 men they still dominated possession, its as if we couldn't get out of our defensive mentality and it was clear Ogden was getting very frustrated and when one decision went against him he was given a 2nd yellow for dissent, they now had 9 men, we couldnt throw it away now surely?

Well we did.........almost, Matty Howarth handled in the area, Stacy Corre slotted the pen away.

Yet still we were on the back foot, its as if we didnt believe we would win or simply we didnt know how to play against 9 men and Advance knew what they were doing, they are very experienced and played it really well with 9 men.

I thought we had thrown in away but with 5 minutes to go, Bomma curled a free kick from about 35 yards out just of the touchline which flew into the top corner - no doubt it was a cross but you take those!!!!

Lucky?? Yes, certainly with the winning goal but you make your own luck, I think we rattled them early on and they lost there discipline a bit.

To there credit, Advance didnt berate the referee and any point (well except Ryan's 2nd booking) and even when they went down to 9, were exceptional - they are so hard to beat.

Typical Tony Maisto thing to do...
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

If I remember correctly Hogan don't go down too easily, I had to kick him really hard up at Uplands Park last year when we robbed you boys of some points lol!

Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

It certainly was robbery Smile always a good game against u boys

Like i said to Kaffir i cant comment if there was contact with the ball, obviously i will defend my player, i dont think Hogan would dive to get any decision. But Kaffir werent happy about it, and if the shoe was on the other foot we may well be in the same position

I personally think these decision even them selves out over a season, so I look forward to gettting some dodgy decisions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Like i said to Kaffir i cant comment if there was contact with the ball, obviously i will defend my player, i dont think Hogan would dive to get any decision. But Kaffir werent happy about it, and if the shoe was on the other foot we may well be in the same position

I personally think these decision even them selves out over a season, so I look forward to gettting some dodgy decisions Very Happy

ive just spoken to my player he appologises for the tackle in the last 5 he said he was way out of line and was just annoyed and also says he didnt mean to not shake any 1s hand again just annoyed.

hope your rite about the decisions evening out cud do with a bit of luck in the billy walton i think.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

Cobbo wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
Didn't think that playing at home was such an advantage on Sunday mornings.

It isn't! we've lost both home games this season and won all 3 away!

Ominous.....

well, just not sure why it's worked out that way so far. Think the noise of the hardcore 4 fans seems to put the players under more pressure each week
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
If I remember correctly Hogan don't go down too easily, I had to kick him really hard up at Uplands Park last year when we robbed you boys of some points lol!

Laughing Laughing can you get red carded retrospectively?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 7:56 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Think the noise of the hardcore 4 fans seems to put the players under more pressure each week

very good.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:

Impressed Pete kept up!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:03 pm

A Polska fixture at the home of Fosse City can surely not be considered 'away'. Can it?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Hellboy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:

we'll see the season out matey even if we lose every single game. hope this will put to bed rumours of us folding as they are simply not true

Good news squire, is the game still on Wednesday night bud?

yes hellboy although i wont be there as im at college wednesday nights so ill be looking to you and kev for a full match report Wink
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 8:31 am

kaffir inn fc wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

ive just spoken to my player he appologises for the tackle in the last 5 he said he was way out of line and was just annoyed and also says he didnt mean to not shake any 1s hand again just annoyed.

hope your rite about the decisions evening out cud do with a bit of luck in the billy walton i think.

have you got a prem side to? we have Glenfield Town which should be fun!
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

wheel1 wrote:
Wheel 3-1 little Bowden

Great result for us today at thoroughly deserved we were on top from the start and the best team over 90 mins. We went one nil down through a dodgy goal as there keeper when he kicked the ball was about 5 yards out his area when he kicked it and abit of sloppy defending by us and the guy scored totally against the run of play as like I said we were by far the better team. It was like that until about 20 mins of the game to go when a few of our lads already carrying knocks had to come off and abit of tactical genius by the assistant manager switched a few players around. Then came our first some great play by steve " Tyson ain't got s**t on me" pridmore saw him hit a low hard shot past the keeper to make it 1-1 they Bowden really went to peices and 5 mins later it was 2-1 se great work down the right saw a great ball put in by Tom "the hands" Dann for warren "the pit bull" ball head in from close range. Not long after we got a corner a great ball in from Andy "4ft and a fag end" driver saw John "fat badger" willows cause some problems in the area and one of there players for reasons only he will know jumped on his back to give the wheel a peno up stepped steve " Tyson ain't got s**t on me" pridmore who pit it to the keepers left and the keeper pulled off a good save to deny him a second but he followed up and put it to bed. Bowden are a great buch of lads apart for one mouthy so and so who was subbed who thought he was rocky balboa and everyone just laughed at him t*t look forward to the return leg at there place the game was played in good spirit cheers lads.

wasn't there myself without a couple other lads out, including our keeper! im surprised we didn't concede more!! I heard there was a bit of handbags with one of our players which is never good to see so i apologise for that. Well done on the win and yes it should be a good game next time round
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

mthompson08 wrote:
wheel1 wrote:
Wheel 3-1 little Bowden

Great result for us today at thoroughly deserved we were on top from the start and the best team over 90 mins. We went one nil down through a dodgy goal as there keeper when he kicked the ball was about 5 yards out his area when he kicked it and abit of sloppy defending by us and the guy scored totally against the run of play as like I said we were by far the better team. It was like that until about 20 mins of the game to go when a few of our lads already carrying knocks had to come off and abit of tactical genius by the assistant manager switched a few players around. Then came our first some great play by steve " Tyson ain't got s**t on me" pridmore saw him hit a low hard shot past the keeper to make it 1-1 they Bowden really went to peices and 5 mins later it was 2-1 se great work down the right saw a great ball put in by Tom "the hands" Dann for warren "the pit bull" ball head in from close range. Not long after we got a corner a great ball in from Andy "4ft and a fag end" driver saw John "fat badger" willows cause some problems in the area and one of there players for reasons only he will know jumped on his back to give the wheel a peno up stepped steve " Tyson ain't got s**t on me" pridmore who pit it to the keepers left and the keeper pulled off a good save to deny him a second but he followed up and put it to bed. Bowden are a great buch of lads apart for one mouthy so and so who was subbed who thought he was rocky balboa and everyone just laughed at him t*t look forward to the return leg at there place the game was played in good spirit cheers lads.

wasn't there myself without a couple other lads out, including our keeper! im surprised we didn't concede more!! I heard there was a bit of handbags with one of our players which is never good to see so i apologise for that. Well done on the win and yes it should be a good game next time round
loving the nicknames!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
A Polska fixture at the home of Fosse City can surely not be considered 'away'. Can it?

It can be based on our home form, believe me!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:

Mark I hope not and Katie I didn't keep up that's why he landed on the floor!!!! lol! Might rest myself against your lot give you a chance lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
kaffir inn fc wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

there a better side than last season and have a few new players. little lad no.4 (dont know his name) when we played them on sunday was a class act although he only looks bout 12 dont be fooled.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

greeeedy wrote:

there a better side than last season and have a few new players. little lad no.4 (dont know his name) when we played them on sunday was a class act although he only looks bout 12 dont be fooled.

I see you had a new ref for the alliance for your game on Sunday, how did he do?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

greeeedy wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
kaffir inn fc wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

cheers greedy expecting nothing less than a Glenfield win, but we will be sure to do the lower leagues proud!!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:

Mark I hope not and Katie I didn't keep up that's why he landed on the floor!!!! lol! Might rest myself against your lot give you a chance lol! lol!
running scared you mean! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

MT Sec wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:

running scared you mean! Laughing

Running????? Me? Unlikely lol!
Back to top Go down
themightystar

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 2:35 pm

Quick question... If your game is cancelled less than 24 hours before kick off, what will be the consequences?

I've heard its only a point deduction and fine (probably not much of one)?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

I believe its 1pt deduction and £50 fine for first offence
Back to top Go down
themightystar

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

1 Point is nothing and neithers £50 tbh... Surely the point deduction should change varying on when the game is actually cancelled as to stop teams from leaving it till the last minute?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

I think a £50 fine at this level is a very strong deterrant personally but if a side just can not get a team out then there is nothing they can do, apart from play a load of ringers which would get them into even more trouble if they were caught. It was such a big game for them against you that they felt they simply could not play it. Doesnt excuse it though pal and you have every right to be annoyed, still you gotta be happy, they are likely to be your main rivals and they are already a point down.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:58 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
I believe its 1pt deduction and £50 fine for first offence

Plus any costs incurred.

The number of points deducted goes up for any further postponements
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

themightystar wrote:
1 Point is nothing and neithers £50 tbh... Surely the point deduction should change varying on when the game is actually cancelled as to stop teams from leaving it till the last minute?

I agree that 1 point is neither here nor there but £50 certainly is! Lot of money at this level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played 9th October   Banter for games played 9th October - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for games played 9th October
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4