Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 10 Febuary

Go down 
+37
LFC for Life !!
Paulo
scottyh
LINEKER
Fishandchips
Sparta3
Jenko
FEAR_FUFC
Hubble1980
Butterfingers
dezza
4 More Seasons
Jimmyb
Mivan are going up
spartamoshdock
Pretty Boy
Jedster
Plough new boy
bulwellian
the harrow wookie
Polska legend II
Skeems
LK_United
THE MAGICIAN
The Plough
Rwhite08
Hairy Hebrew!
Hellboy
Blackie
BUSFC Zack
whiteeagles
Joey-Gattuso
gattuso
johnmeode
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Widds
Gordon
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

LINEKER wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
CPR 3 - 3 LDA
LDA win on pens 5-4

Brad Downing 2
Jacob Gregory

This was a really well competed match but I feel we did just about enough to deserve the win in the end and 5 excellent penalties made sure of it.

Brad Downing got the scoring underway, nodding home a cross from the right. Jake scored direct from a corner but nobody know how it went in!! CPR pulled one back before Brad looped the ball over the CPR keeper to give us the 2-goal lead The pitch made it very difficult or any football to be played but both teams stuck at it. CPR managed to pull it back level and there were chances either way to settle the tie in extra time. A few goal line scrambles had the crowd on the edge of their seats.

CPR are a good side and work very hard. Having a keeper of that standard will always help, too. I'm looking forward to our two league games to come.

Good analysis there, fairly even game on a bog marsh pitch. I think you guys just shaded extra time and all 5 of your penalties gave our keeper no chance.

Look forward to the 2 leagues now, good luck in the cup !

Didn't have to wait long!
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 9:34 am

Sparta3 wrote:
LINEKER wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
CPR 3 - 3 LDA
LDA win on pens 5-4

Brad Downing 2
Jacob Gregory

This was a really well competed match but I feel we did just about enough to deserve the win in the end and 5 excellent penalties made sure of it.

Brad Downing got the scoring underway, nodding home a cross from the right. Jake scored direct from a corner but nobody know how it went in!! CPR pulled one back before Brad looped the ball over the CPR keeper to give us the 2-goal lead The pitch made it very difficult or any football to be played but both teams stuck at it. CPR managed to pull it back level and there were chances either way to settle the tie in extra time. A few goal line scrambles had the crowd on the edge of their seats.

CPR are a good side and work very hard. Having a keeper of that standard will always help, too. I'm looking forward to our two league games to come.

Good analysis there, fairly even game on a bog marsh pitch. I think you guys just shaded extra time and all 5 of your penalties gave our keeper no chance.

Haha I know, mind you unless the legs loosen up after sundays games I cant see it being the most energetic game ever! I dont run at the best of times but at the minute the thought of sprinting makes me want to cry! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:05 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Sure is. Azzurri, Barca and NRi top 3. We will be back where we belong in division 2 next season.

I'm suffering from a slight concussion. Thanks Widds.

This is a load of nonsense. We are currently lingering in 5th. Fosse beat us 6-1, we will not finish above a team who hammered us by 5 goals with our full strength team out.

I think it's about time the Fosse boys stopped playing the reverse psychology card and started acting like the promotion challengers that they are.

Azzuri have a massive squad of decent Sunday league players, I'd expect them to be 1st, Fosse 2nd and to be honest I've not really seen a lot from any other side to suggest that they can earn a top 2 spot.

I think we, like a lot of teams in this league, have the potential to pull out a good result, and then suffer a poor one. Basically the only consitant team are Azzuri, with Fosse being the best of a bad bunch. Sorry chaps.

Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

LINEKER wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
LINEKER wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
CPR 3 - 3 LDA
LDA win on pens 5-4

Brad Downing 2
Jacob Gregory

Haha I know, mind you unless the legs loosen up after sundays games I cant see it being the most energetic game ever! I dont run at the best of times but at the minute the thought of sprinting makes me want to cry! Sad Sad Sad

My kit wont even be clean by sunday! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

No need to explain, it stunk like hell last time.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

johnmeode wrote:
Car breaker's were missing danny gallagher and levi porter only. Other than that full strength inc tom hill, ash Morris and chris goodman. We were without all 4 strikers. Mitch warner, sam taylor, jake wain and adam tester.

Draw your own conclusions

My conclusion is I'd hate to play you when you've got your full team out...which seems to be never, but hey.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Car breaker's were missing danny gallagher and levi porter only. Other than that full strength inc tom hill, ash Morris and chris goodman. We were without all 4 strikers. Mitch warner, sam taylor, jake wain and adam tester.

My conclusion is I'd hate to play you when you've got your full team out...which seems to be never, but hey.

should be in the prem its as simple as that, how a team can finish runners up in div 1 and then reform in div 2 is beyond me

1 consolation is they will surely have to be in the prem next season because they surely wont get away with conning the league again
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

fc hoskins 5 v 8 fc azzurri

this was a game that just needed to get played !!! we were missing 6 regulars but still had a good enough squad to hopefully compete in the game we hoped, hoskins were short on numbers to start with and that helped us settle although got to say i thought hoskins were the better side to start with and we were getting frustrated as we just couldn't get going, then something just clicked and we were 5-0 up at half time, at 6-1 up we put our keeper up top and louis finey-neckles in goal and he was useless haha got lobbed on his line!! to be honest neither team took this game that seriously.

got to say though hoskins are a sound bunch of lads, always have a good laugh when we play them
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

should be in the prem its as simple as that, how a team can finish runners up in div 1 and then reform in div 2 is beyond me

1 consolation is they will surely have to be in the prem next season because they surely wont get away with conning the league again

cant really say that tommy considering most of them didnt actually play for troops
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Sure is. Azzurri, Barca and NRi top 3. We will be back where we belong in division 2 next season.

This is a load of nonsense. We are currently lingering in 5th. Fosse beat us 6-1, we will not finish above a team who hammered us by 5 goals with our full strength team out.

I think it's about time the Fosse boys stopped playing the reverse psychology card and started acting like the promotion challengers that they are.

Azzuri have a massive squad of decent Sunday league players, I'd expect them to be 1st, Fosse 2nd and to be honest I've not really seen a lot from any other side to suggest that they can earn a top 2 spot.

I think we, like a lot of teams in this league, have the potential to pull out a good result, and then suffer a poor one. Basically the only consitant team are Azzuri, with Fosse being the best of a bad bunch. Sorry chaps.

Behave mate, Barca are the best of the bad bunch....
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 7:14 am

gattuso wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

cant really say that tommy considering most of them didnt actually play for troops

about half of them played for throops
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 9:08 am

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Behave mate, Barca are the best of the bad bunch....

hmmm not sure about that. The one thing I like about our squad is how little known any of our players are, allowing us to slip under the radar some what.

However, we only have 1 real interest and that is the Billy Walton Cup. We're all joining NRI next season anyway.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 9:11 am

Excellent news, look forward to the initiation.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 9:35 am

Sorry, but that means you'll have to find a new club.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:02 am

ha ha
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:16 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
Sorry, but that means you'll have to find a new club.

no worries, we found out at the weekend that most of our team have an std, happy to leave! Got a free ball tho
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

May i point you in the direction of the New Players/Team Wanted topic. You can put yourself a little advert in there and I'm sure you'll get a response.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:19 am

Gordon wrote:
Did you beat the weather, the Councils, your opponents?

Pothunters?

:..o(
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 11:52 am

Jenko wrote:
gattuso wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

about half of them played for throops

from the players who started the semi i dont htink they did.

also i no teams who have 5 players from a side who won the prem yet are an average div 1 side so this shouldnt matter
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

Oi lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 12:36 pm

i was thinking it was about a month since the whole Fairfield / Throops debate had reared its head again...

can't say I missed it
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

This Fairfield debate is going to rumble on and on.

There is no doubt that there is a heavy Throops presence in the team but not even the best teams in the county can do WCB 8-1 so full credit where it is due for a result and performance like that.

Fairfield are not exactly running away with Div 2 either, there not even top.

I personally believe the squad they have is good enough to be in the Alliances top division but if they don't win the league there is no way they'll be promoted 2 divisions up to the Premiership and to be honest I don't think they would even if they did.

If they do go up to Div 1, if they keep the same squad, they'll get promoted again and then we'll see what happens at the start of the 2014/15 season!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 7:25 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
This Fairfield debate is going to rumble on and on.

There is no doubt that there is a heavy Throops presence in the team but not even the best teams in the county can do WCB 8-1 so full credit where it is due for a result and performance like that.

Fairfield are not exactly running away with Div 2 either, there not even top.

I personally believe the squad they have is good enough to be in the Alliances top division but if they don't win the league there is no way they'll be promoted 2 divisions up to the Premiership and to be honest I don't think they would even if they did.

If they do go up to Div 1, if they keep the same squad, they'll get promoted again and then we'll see what happens at the start of the 2014/15 season!!!!!!

they will go for the tried and tested formula, fold and reform, it works for the pothunters, quite obvious that they save their best squad for cup games, they dont care about the league, thats why these kind of pothunters slip under the radar
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

best squad.. yet they had jake and sam out there main forwards lol.. tommy after a bite!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 10 Febuary   Banter - 10 Febuary - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 10 Febuary
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4