Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 18 December

Go down 
+27
Thurmaston2011
BEES KNEES
NiffyA
THE MAGICIAN
Sparta3
Katie G
welshy26
RICKY-BOBBY
driver666
Bucko
Skeems
mowmacre fc
hurstr2
LoneRanger38
Northy
Widds
Capello
whiteeagles
Ramley_LBFC
BirstallRangers
browny15lfc
Hellboy
Gordon
lingers
Jenko
Paulo
Polska legend II
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Banter -  18 December Empty
PostSubject: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 10:39 am

tell us how cold it was first thing sunday morning...
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:25 am

Magna NRI ON
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:29 am

Why were we called off if both Magna and DME both play on uplands park?
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

this is what i wana know jenko i have txt the dme sec and told him i am annoyed this got called off and he tried to blame us
he rang our sec and sed the pitch was unplayable ay 9am i cant see him driving to uplands from fleckney to make that call
i thought it should be the refs call on that
now we know magna are playin im even more annoyed i sed to him we wud of had a late ko and had no reply tried to ring him and no answer
whats goin on 1 of my lads put a lot of effort in to get us a game today and they do this i think they didnt have a team today and used a sprinkle of snow as a excuse i want league officials to know we were willing to play and i have a txt to prove that we havnt played for 3 weeks now and now another 2 to wait til the 8th this has done my head in dont know if any1 can tell
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

However The Wheel v The Firs OB is postponed and that should have been on Uplands too
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:22 am

fair enough but i bet sum1 checked thir pitch 1st
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Magna NRI ON

is this confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

Depends on the trajectory of the orange warm thing, in the heavens is moving at, depends on the trajectory the refs are moving at.
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Kilworth isn't too bad now. Anyone fancy afternoon ko? Lol
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

NRI 3 - 1 Magna
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
BirstallRangers

BirstallRangers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

Birstall 5 - 3 LBT
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 1:46 pm

Friar Lane 0-10 Little Bowden

Great game from us today. Neat passing, confidence on the ball, probably should have had nearer 20 goals but our finishing sometimes a bit off. Fair play to Friar Lane lads though, turned up with 10, and with the pitch a bit iffy could have said no to playing but they played there hearts out and were still looking for goals late on. Good luck rest of season boys.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

We beat Superfly 3-1 at Western Park in a friendly.

Firstly, thanks to Joey Barton for organising it and getting the game on.

I thought we were excellent passing and spraying the ball for fun and were finally beginning to click - hopefully we can now begin a surge up the div 6 table.

Thought the ref was fantastic, top guy who didnt take it too seriously like one ref we had in pre season.

Fair play to Superfly, good set of lads. Thought the stocky lad up front, number 19 was very decent.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

Leicester Foxes 1-0 Webbys

We had one of our lads at the ground at 8:30 to check the pitch and it was 70% off but over the next 120 minutes and a few buckets of hot water to soften the goal mouths the referee was happy.
Foxes started the game well moving the ball around in the difficult conditions and created a few chances but to no prevail. Webbys looked happy to sit back and soak up the pressure but in the second half that was their downfall after being under pressure for a long time Ben trinder found space in the box to put us 1-0 up although the keeper should of done better. Foxes continued to apply pressure and created several chances but just couldnt get the second goal and then it got interesting. , With webbys being awarded a free kick out wide it was delivered into the body (arms) of keaton towers who was being pressured with his back to goal by gilly the beast, Anyhow mr towers took the ball down superbly with his arms, ( sorry i mean chest) and then took a great leap to the floor i would personally call it daleyesk and yes you guessed it penalty to webbys...... There was some debate who was to take the penalty but after a game of paper scissor stones the decision was made it was to the player thats "never missed a penalty" that was until today when our keeper pushed the ball around the post.
It finished 1-0 to Foxes and being honest that flatters webbys, if we walked off winning 6 or 7 nil there would of been no complaints... Good luck to webbys in your last four games
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

Personally I think DME did the exact opposite to Friar Lane so fair play to them! And teams will get away with calling matches off today just because they are struggling for sides because of Christmas, surely it should only be the ref allowed to call off a match?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

all uplands pitches were fine by 11am...no harder than summer and no sharp frozen bits...

Magna were better team for much of today, a bad keeping mistake and a dodgy penno helped us go 2 up...Second half equally dodge penno for magna was converted. We defended superbly with just one shot on target for me to deal with and about five crosses. We netted in last minute, think magna deserved a draw but we are obviously delighted. Top lads and katie at magna, always good games and glad we don't have to play them again.

also hope their player is back soon after leaving in an ambulance
Back to top Go down
Northy

Northy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

we got battered today, totally outplayed .. but what do you expect when playing against Advance

well done to them an we now have to regroup and see what happens, gonna be a long hard next few months i think
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

Widds wrote:
all uplands pitches were fine by 11am...no harder than summer and no sharp frozen bits...

Magna were better team for much of today, a bad keeping mistake and a dodgy penno helped us go 2 up...Second half equally dodge penno for magna was converted. We defended superbly with just one shot on target for me to deal with and about five crosses. We netted in last minute, think magna deserved a draw but we are obviously delighted. Top lads and katie at magna, always good games and glad we don't have to play them again.

also hope their player is back soon after leaving in an ambulance

What i want to know is who called our match off then?
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

whiteeagles wrote:

I thought we were excellent passing and spraying the ball for fun and were finally beginning to click - hopefully we can now begin a surge up the div 6 table.

Thought the ref was fantastic, top guy who didnt take it too seriously like one ref we had in pre season.

Fair play to Superfly, good set of lads. Thought the stocky lad up front, number 19 was very decent.

U mean number 9
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 3:43 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

U mean number 9
No mate, 19, the lad who scored I think.
Back to top Go down
hurstr2

hurstr2

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

humberstone 2000 4 -0 fc city of leicester

giff 2, porteous and hurst with the goals. good peformance today, could of had a few more but poor finishing let us down and the goalie made a few good saves! dont think our keeper had to do anything all game. nice to end the year unbeaten in the league and looking forward to next year!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

whiteeagles wrote:

richie robertson was your ref, as mentioned in another thread. top ref, and good bloke (as mentioned in a thread last week!)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:28 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

U mean number 9

ha ha, think that irony was lost on him Darren!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:29 pm

Jenko wrote:
Personally I think DME did the exact opposite to Friar Lane so fair play to them! And teams will get away with calling matches off today just because they are struggling for sides because of Christmas, surely it should only be the ref allowed to call off a match?

it is. we waited for our appointed ref to make the decision at 10.30, even though there were 4 (yes 4) other refs in attendance!
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

U mean number 9

ha ha, think that irony was lost on him Darren!

I no tell me about it lol
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Jenko wrote:

it is. we waited for our appointed ref to make the decision at 10.30, even though there were 4 (yes 4) other refs in attendance!

How come we were called off before half 9 then?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

no idea. don't know the circumstances behind it
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:17 pm

dont tell the council but we had 2 cars on our pitch from 9am warming the goal mouths few wheel spins and ref was happy to go ahead the pitch was in fine condition only 1 goalmouth hard but not dangerous!
and with 2 new signings (glen chambers & robbie johnson) we went 2-0 up in first 20 mins and was never in any danger of losing it
cheers to kirby and to paul wood top referee
waiting on billy walton draw
we want the ressis
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:26 pm

I thought Robbie Johnson would go Advance as he's close friends with Stacy Corre. Glen Chambers is a quality signing for you, was MOM against us on the Wednesday Night football against the Bullies
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:26 pm

we had Paul Wood once last year and I thought he was best ref we'd had in years. Good signings for you there mate, and like the warm up pitch routine, might use that come the new year
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:39 pm

Never had Paul Wood so I can not comment on him, but with signings like that I fully expect Hoskins to rise up the table.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

quite glad our game was called off today as we were struggling for players plus allowed teams to catch up with us on games and niffy did us a favour beating gate.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

Would like to say well done to thurmaston 2011 in getting their first point of the season having played 11 and lost 11 alot of teams would have given up and folded so big credit to them, well done boys
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

agreed, great point for them
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 6:23 pm

Thurmaston 2011 played some fantastic football today and we were unlucky not to win the game, we had enough chances. Getting a few more older players as made a big difference. If we all keep working hard and stay together it will put us in good shape for the rest of the season. Thanks everybody for their support and have a good xmas and new year.
Back to top Go down
RICKY-BOBBY

RICKY-BOBBY

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 6:56 pm

Your not alone on the game called off mystery jenko we where due to play the wheel at uplands park today and and are secretery recived a call at 9.30 to say game was off but since then we have found out the ref did'ent even go to the ground to check the pitch. And someone from the wheel made the decision and the ref went with it.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

RICKY-BOBBY wrote:
Your not alone on the game called off mystery jenko we where due to play the wheel at uplands park today and and are secretery recived a call at 9.30 to say game was off but since then we have found out the ref did'ent even go to the ground to check the pitch. And someone from the wheel made the decision and the ref went with it.

Controversial!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

RICKY-BOBBY wrote:

I would probably guess the same happened with our game
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:10 pm

Widds wrote:
RICKY-BOBBY wrote:

Controversial!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suspect

Some very controversial decisions made about the pitches at uplands today by the sounds of it
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:37 pm

i think there has to be a bit of common sense applied though, even though the reasons may not be apparent. for example, we called a game off against scrappy garage last year at 9.30am because the ref was travelling from coalville and was most grateful we saved him a 20+ mile round trip. and i'm sure there's a rule that states if a locally based qualified referee (who isn't doing the match) deems it unplayable that is also allowed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 18 December
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next