Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Exeter Arms

Go down 
+17
RM05
WEUR
polska legend
super polska
Veteran
Duane
willywonka
one more season
ex ressys bossman
Aussie Owl
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Abruzzi
Pete Waterman
dee_aitcho
Skeems
Gordon
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:23 am

I have now received written confirmation that Exeter Arms have resigned with immediate effect.

The League Management Committee is very disappointed by their decision as we appreciate the considerable disruption and impact it causes to the Division 3 clubs. We truly share your frustration that the resignation causes a critical adjustment to the Division 3 table at this late stage of the season.

Whilst financial penalties will be applied to the club, and no doubt ultimately the registered players, I understand that this is little consolation for those involved in the quest to win the Division, or indeed avoid the relegation trapdoor.

However, to keep you informed, I have made my adjustment to the Division 3 table by deleting the Exeter Arms playing record. I believe it to be correct, but I must stress that it needs checking by the League Press Officers.

You can see the updated table (as at 9.00am on Wednesday 21 April) by visiting

www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/div_three_league_table.html

To say that a close finish has been created is something of an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:26 am

That is shocking!

They just couldnt limp until the end of the season?

Hope the league dishes out a very hefty fine for this
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:38 am

Hope the leagues cautious of a application from a "rutland based team" in seasons to come....
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 12:11 pm

I don't know if this happens or not, but fines should definitely be higher for teams that drop out after a certain date in the season, but before their last fixture. Is this the case?
Back to top Go down
Abruzzi

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:12 pm

As there is only a few games left couldn't the league leave all there results as they were, then just give a point each to the the teams they had remaining to play?
Back to top Go down

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

or award a 3-0 win to all.

not going to happen though. as pi55ed off as i am about it all the only fair way to do it is to delete exeter and there results like they never existed. oh and make sure none of them play in the alliance ever again!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:29 pm

Abruzzi wrote:
As there is only a few games left couldn't the league leave all there results as they were, then just give a point each to the the teams they had remaining to play?

wafc - has beaten me to this. He is correct - the only fair way is to completely remove their playing record as if they didn't exist.

As stated before, their understandable frustrations are shared by the Management Committee.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:37 pm

Pete Waterman wrote:
I don't know if this happens or not, but fines should definitely be higher for teams that drop out after a certain date in the season, but before their last fixture. Is this the case?

Yes - there is a date dependent scale of fines for teams who withdraw, based on when they actually withdraw.

The only exception is when a team has given written notice by 31 January to resign at the end of a season. In this situation a fine is not applied if the team completes its commitments and meets its liabilities to the League.

Exeter Arms will be fined. However issuing a fine, and paying a fine are two separate issues. If the club does not or cannot make the payment, the League will apply for an FA suspension from all football for all registered members of the club.
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:42 pm

including their reserves, or is that a completly separate tihng?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 1:56 pm

wafc wrote:

not going to happen though. as pi55ed off as i am about it all the only fair way to do it is to delete exeter and there results like they never existed. oh and make sure none of them play in the alliance ever again!

Typical small minded comment's from people once again, tarring everyone with the same brush, its probably because of people like you that teams give up, they are probably fed up with reading all your usual verbal diarrhea you spew out on here most likely..
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:00 pm

Bite.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:04 pm

I for one will begin pushing for reports to be made available for the public forum! Why do teams fold? What were the reasons? What effort was made by the club to avoid it? etc. It would be interesting to know these things so that we can all a) make sure it doesn't happen to our clubs, and b) smooth things over (a little bit!) for those angered by it
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:22 pm

When teams get called webbed feet, and 6 fingers on here, imagine what they get called on the pitch when there's no one to moderate. ?????????
Back to top Go down

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:24 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I for one will begin pushing for reports to be made available for the public forum! Why do teams fold? What were the reasons? What effort was made by the club to avoid it? etc. It would be interesting to know these things so that we can all a) make sure it doesn't happen to our clubs, and b) smooth things over (a little bit!) for those angered by it

good idea
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:29 pm

Hellboy wrote:
When teams get called webbed feet, and 6 fingers on here, imagine what they get called on the pitch when there's no one to moderate. ?????????

Pretty sure the referee is there to "moderate" the game.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 2:39 pm

dee_aitcho wrote:

Yes, this heavy fine will be on top of the fine against the reserves and fines for postponements etc.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:05 pm

deducted so far: 4-3 loss for Sunbury, goals for Barry Palmer and White
5-1 win for Willows, goals for Verrall (2), Cornelius, Andrews
4-2 win for Bharat Talbot, goals for Whitehead (2), Morraffa, Ossitt
11-1 loss for Niffy, goal for Strong
5-1 loss for West End, goal for Batt
5-2 loss for AC Wigston, 2 goals for Ryan
6-2 loss for AFC Beaumont, goals for Cheadle and Mitchell

more to follow
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:23 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
dee_aitcho wrote:

Yes, this heavy fine will be on top of the fine against the reserves and fines for postponements etc.
That works!! fine them as much as you can! very clever!! when you know the reason the clubs exit is due to fiancal trouble and then theres 45 lads looking at a ban for something out ov there control and plenty ov idoits on here to support that!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:39 pm

Quote :
That works!! fine them as much as you can! very clever!! when you know the reason the clubs exit is due to fiancal trouble and then theres 45 lads looking at a ban for something out ov there control and plenty ov idoits on here to support that

45 blokes (£10 each not much to ask for)= £450 .....45 blokes (£20 each not much to ask for) = £900 come on guys get a grip....
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:58 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Quote :
That works!! fine them as much as you can! very clever!! when you know the reason the clubs exit is due to fiancal trouble and then theres 45 lads looking at a ban for something out ov there control and plenty ov idoits on here to support that

45 blokes (£10 each not much to ask for)= £450 .....45 blokes (£20 each not much to ask for) = £900 come on guys get a grip....
obviously u've never ran a club!! just turned up and paided ur subs, out ov them 45 only 22 play every week 15 probably haven't played at all only pre season and if it was only that simple!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 8:27 pm

ex ressys bossman wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Quote :

obviously u've never ran a club!! just turned up and paided ur subs, out ov them 45 only 22 play every week 15 probably haven't played at all only pre season and if it was only that simple!!

Eh? speeka dee Anglesi.....I'd certainly have lasted longer than half a season What a Face Perhaps it didn't help with you moving away. Wink
Back to top Go down
one more season

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 8:48 pm

after fining exeter,and if they pay the fines will the league share the fines with all the teams that have had to travel all the way to rutland for nothing now.and also pay pitch fees and the ref at the home games(i guarantee they wont) the league needs to look at changing the rules, just clearing all the results isnt acceptable. there has to be another solution
Back to top Go down
willywonka

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:13 pm

one more season wrote:
after fining exeter,and if they pay the fines will the league share the fines with all the teams that have had to travel all the way to rutland for nothing now.and also pay pitch fees and the ref at the home games(i guarantee they wont) the league needs to look at changing the rules, just clearing all the results isnt acceptable. there has to be another solution

Bulk buy andrex to dry your eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:32 pm

I find it hard to see why the first team couldnt see the season out when they had a reserve side not long ago,..surely they have enough players available to them.
Moaning about the abuse (banter) on here is a weak excuse, but there maybe a good reason to call it a day now I dont know the in's and out's just sounds abit dodgy from the outside looking in...

I hope the league monitor teams wishing to join from that area of Leicestershire in the future to prevent it happening again...
Back to top Go down
Veteran

Veteran

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:08 pm

wafc wrote:

To say that none should play in the Alliance again is a bit harsh. I for one have played every week driving on average 45 miles (round trip) for every away game, paid my subs every week and not given out any hassle on the pitch or on the forum. Why should I or anyone else in the same position be punished for something that is totally out of our hands.

I am 42 and still very fit, played all season as a holding midfielder and would still like to play in the Alliance next season, for anyone that will have me!!

I don't know the exact details behind the folding, but believe that lack of numbers and finance play some part and its nothing to do with Western!!!! I am surprised that with the amount of players we had that the team are not able to see the season out, but as I said I don't know the reasons.

Best of luck to all Div 3 sides for the rest of the season and I hope that Western go on and win the league, the best we played this year.

So, any team wanting an experienced, fit, holding midfielder for next year, PM me!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 7:09 am

ideal player. can we sign you?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 7:24 am

Results also now deducted:

5-2 loss for Leics Bharat Talbot (Whitehead 2)
6-2 win for Advance Couriers (Wheeler, Goodman, Maisto, Cooper, Williams, Lester)
1-5 loss for West End (Barley)
7-2 loss for Niffy Res (Gingell 2)
5-3 win for Western Athletic (Warner 2, Hulme, Lakin, Garner)
2-1 win for AC Wigston (Madeline, Iddisah)
7-3 loss for LM Utd (J Brennan, Pittard, Dyke)
2-1 loss for Leics Foxes (Colford)
5-1 loss for Willows (Murphy)
4-2 loss for Count Royals (Grocock, Howarth)
4-2 win for Bees Knees (Bland 2, Mitchell, Mata)
5-2 win for Beaumont Ath (K Smith 3, Z Smith, Clare)
3-2 win for Western Ath (Hulme 2, Shephard)
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 7:28 am

seriously.....sign!
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 8:25 am

There's plenty of teams looking for players, or you could always take up reffing.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 1:50 pm

or you could come and play in div 5 for west end utd ressies lol
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 2:24 pm

i am actually just lost for words on this whole subjects and annoyed beyond belief, so instead of being in a chance of finishing top (not taking anything for granted as we have some tough games to come still) we had points in the bag and a good lead to cater for any slip ups and by this happeing has f*cked us over and Exeter know it regardless what they say.

now we find Sunbury are above us in the league at the top on goal difference....

poor very poor indeed... Mad
Back to top Go down
WrenchDodger

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 3:05 pm

It really shouldn't matter, its still fair on all the teams in the league. At least you don't get relegated like Talbot!! All the teams in the league play the same array of teams and have the same chance to win the league!
I think somebody is getting mardy because Sunbury have crept up and could possibly win the league. Still a long way to go in the season....
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 3:51 pm

WrenchDodger wrote:
It really shouldn't matter, its still fair on all the teams in the league. At least you don't get relegated like Talbot!! All the teams in the league play the same array of teams and have the same chance to win the league!
I think somebody is getting mardy because Sunbury have crept up and could possibly win the league. Still a long way to go in the season....

lol mardy.... Smile

we will just take it game by game if we win the league then cool if we dont then we dont...... i just think people pulling out of the league with 4-5 games to go is poor also when the pull out mid season also. I have no qualms if Sunbury win the league if they do then its on merit isnt it?
Back to top Go down
WrenchDodger

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 4:29 pm

Yeah i totally agree!!

I mean its not ideal having them pull out the league but they probably did have good reason. I mean you dont want to be paying more money for folding its not in there favour.
As for winning the league, well whoever wins it deserves it.
Also we forget that its sunday league football and its to be played for enjoyment and to have good banter with the opposistion, i think some players take it a bit too serious!!
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 4:55 pm

WrenchDodger wrote:
Yeah i totally agree!!

I mean its not ideal having them pull out the league but they probably did have good reason. I mean you dont want to be paying more money for folding its not in there favour.
Also we forget that its sunday league football and its to be played for enjoyment and to have good banter with the opposistion, i think some players take it a bit too serious!!

yeah again i totally agree with you matey.... whoever wins the league deserves it....

yes i know its only sunday league footy but we all like to win, dont get me wrong i turn up for a laugh with mates and enjoy playing the game though it may not be that well lol but if i didnt want to win then i wouldnt bother turning up.... i always have banter with opposing teams, not once have i been critical of other teams, i just think its poor Exeter have dropped out, thats all i say on the matter but as ive said it wont change anything anyway so time to move on. Im bored of listening about Western Athletic all the time and i play for them....

lets all talk about Sunbury now they are top.... Smile

take this opportunity to wish all luck in the run in, though i think with the new season we will probably see a few of us like, Sunbury, Us, CROB and Foxes all move up a division as teams get moved around....
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 5:08 pm

WrenchDodger wrote:
Yeah i totally agree!!

and by the way the reason they dropped out apparently (from there own players mouth) was because people didnt pay subs etc so no chance of them paying a fine.... Smile there all winners...
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 5:11 pm

RM05 wrote:
WrenchDodger wrote:
Yeah i totally agree!!

and by the way the reason they dropped out apparently (from there own players mouth) was because people didnt pay subs etc so no chance of them paying a fine.... Smile there all winners...

If they do not pay, they will not play - we will be very keen to monitor their activiities and tip offs will be gratefully received.

Bear in mind, any suspension will be from all football, Saturday and Sunday and throughtout England - no slipping over the border Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 5:14 pm

RM05 wrote:
WrenchDodger wrote:
Yeah i totally agree!!

If they do not pay, they will not play - we will be very keen to monitor their activiities and tip offs will be gratefully received.

Bear in mind, any suspension will be from all football, Saturday and Sunday and throughtout England - no slipping over the border Evil or Very Mad

in this case they may think about finishing the last few games as i know a few play saturdays.... shame they quit as they arent a bad team..... but life goes on..
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 5:21 pm

RM05 wrote:
WrenchDodger wrote:
Yeah i totally agree!!

dennis sort it out! you know half the lads wanna play football and are willing to pay there share, and some are just a holes and your threats don't make a difference, the people you need to get are the lads who never paided there subs to put there club where it is now and thats never gonna happen the first team lads not payin was the reason the ressys folded and the superstars fooked it for them selfs
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 5:33 pm

Don't really see why they couldn't afford £2.50 a game, not exactly a poor area is it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exeter Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms   Exeter Arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exeter Arms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next