Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 10:27 am

This game has now been cancelled as Exeter Arms Reserves folded last week, League have been informed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Beaver Sec

Beaver Sec

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 10:34 am

ouch!!!!! 3 points to be deducted then... at least we've only played them once, like yourselves........

I do sympathise with teams with reserve teams as it must be hell trying to get teams sorted for a sunday, I struggle trying to sort 1 lot out!!!

Div 5 is gonna be tight for top 3 now as from what I can see CSK, Kormska,West End and Phoenix have played them twice and beat them twice????

Last edited by Beaver Sec on Thu 08 Apr 2010, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 2:29 pm

west end utd have played them twice and beat them twice aswell :-(
Back to top Go down
Beaver Sec

Beaver Sec

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 2:47 pm

oh yeah.... have added you to the list..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 9:41 pm

I have now received written confirmation of the immediate resignation of Exeter Arms Reserves. Naturally the League Management Committee is disappointed to receive the news, and shares the frustration of all Division 5 clubs, that their decision should come with just 6 games left to play.

Their playing record will be expunged and the Division 5 table adjusted accordingly.

However, let me put this into context, for Exeter Arms Reserves had only 7 points - 6 points gained from FC Kibworth and 1 point from Harrow. They will be the only two teams who will perceivably benefit. Every other club will have 3 points (3 clubs) or 6 points (7 clubs) wiped away, depending whether you had played them once or twice. The only exception is The Wheel who had not played them at all.

No disrespect intended to anybody, but based on their playing record, you could reasonably have expected the three clubs who have only played and beaten them once, to have won again if their remaining game had been played.

Overall, in summary therefore, I do not believe the adjustment of their playing record, due to its relative consistency, will materially affect the final outcome of the Division.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:56 am

Don't think it would anyway Gordon. With no Exeter Arms, the league is decided on how the remaining teams performed against each other. We may get the age old complaint from some clubs - i.e. 'we lost 6 points when Exeter folded - if it wasn't for that we'd have come higher etc. etc.' but they need to look at how they performed against the remaining teams. That is what wins or loses you leagues
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:57 am

Based on my calculations and having amended the table, I believe Trinderbox need just a point from their next game to win the league
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED   Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exeter Arms Reserves vs Sparta Parva Reserves CANCELLED
Page 1 of 1