Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 10 November

Go down 
+34
Bucko
Polska legend II
Jenko
LKS gaffer
g72
CSKA17
Mivan are going up
Web_Manager
LFC for Life !!
WPR
tobester29
FC POCHIN
dezza
L.K.F.C
Jimmyb
Polingtons
Jedster
Pukka2013
mowmacre fc
spartamoshdock
Pete Mourinho
riley
Leicester Klub Sportowy
MJR Legend
Goacher1
Katie G
Paulo
gattuso
dan_mitchell_WRFC
The wanderer
Blackie
the harrow wookie
allen654
Gordon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

Then scored the 2nd one straight after haha
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Nov 2013, 11:17 pm

fc pochin 1 utd revolution 2
down to 10 men early in the game it was always going to be difficult against a good revolution side
the lads dug in and played some slick football in patches but a defensive error and a good finish saw us 2 down just after half time,pulling a goal back with a minute to go was too little too late
poor finishing in the last 2 games has cost us and we need to be a lot more clinical in front of goal to get back to winning ways
team of the month jinx has struck again!
thanks to paulo and his lads for an enjoyable game(except for the result)
this just shows that this division is wide open and there will be lots of twists and turns to come yet
all the best for the season to the revolution boys
and katie did i hear you swear on the line,hellboy will be shocked Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 8:54 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
down to 10 men early in the game it was always going to be difficult against a good revolution side
the lads dug in and played some slick football in patches but a defensive error and a good finish saw us 2 down just after half time,pulling a goal back with a minute to go was too little too late
poor finishing in the last 2 games has cost us and we need to be a lot more clinical in front of goal to get back to winning ways
this just shows that this division is wide open and there will be lots of twists and turns to come yet
cheers mate, as said to Blackie thought you boys were outstanding with 10 men. It looked like we had the 10 in patches!

Looking forward to the return leg
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 9:41 am

Leicester Klub Sportowy wrote:
Just like to wish Dukla St Andrews well for the rest of the season.

A good bunch of lads who will do well this season if they can keep their players turning up every week. Gave us arguably our hardest test of the season, and for better finishing would have done for us.

Also, some good banter with them before, during and after the match, and nice to have a beer with them after. Exactly how Sunday morning football should be.
Likewise to LKS, all the best for the season, cant see you losing the league now to be honest.

Game was a tight affair, you bossed the first 20mins with posession but we made a slight change to our system and seem to come back into it towards half time. Both teams created chances first half but neither being able to apply the finish really.

2nd half we knew we had to dig in and hopefully get that one good chance to maybe sneak the lead and hold on. 60mins in still 0-0 and we were undone by lax marking from a freekick and you took the lead and never really looked back, seemed to knock the fight out of us which was disappointing and we conceded another 3 goals.

We had chances 2nd half to pull it back to 2-1 and 3-1 but didnt take them but on the 2nd half performance we did not deserve to take anything from the game.

Credit to LKS you kept coming at us all 2nd half and with the qualiity you have we just couldnt hold on for 90mins although think on the first half 4-0 was a little harsh on us.
We will regroup now and look forward to the two cup games especially Oakfield in the Billy Walton which should be a fun game Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
WPR

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 10:19 am

Desford Rangers 0 Wigston Plough Rovers 1

A good performance from WPR taking the lead from a corner, Matty Thomas whipped a good corner over with Oscar Wightman meeting it will a bullet header. With chances to go further in the lead hitting the woodwork on 4 occasions on another day we would of won more convincingly. Credit to Desford came back at us in the second half with a couple of good chances, but we held on for the win, a credit to my players for their performance.

Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 10:20 am

Birstall 3-2 Mivan

Well were do you start. Before i start, i guess i must be careful of the moderators.

Great game of football, spoilt by poor crucial decisions and a lino.
We started of great, not giving any birstall players time on the ball, and looked a threat everytime we went forward and scored midway through first half. Half time 1-0 Mivan up and deservedly so.

Second half, this is where it all happened. Firstly no doubting we had our chances to finish the game but. The referee 15 mins in decides to give a penalty to their right winger who basically got crowded out in the box, fell over and ref points to spot. OK some you get and some you dont (still harsh regardless). 1-1, then we go up the other end and make it 2-1. Birtstall to their credit looked a lot more of a threat second half, playing counter attack football which was causing us problems. Then from a corner, delivered to the edge of box, and a overhead from outside the box landed in the back of our net. Great technique and a wonder goal, though in honesty our keeper should of save as just side of centre of goal but the ball bounced through a crowd and could not react quick enough.

2-2 and game on, 10 mins left and long clearance from birstall from our attack puts their forward through on goal and finishes bottom corner. Birstall up 3-2.

This is were it all happens, We get a throw in on left hand side, edge of box. Long throw land inside 6 yard box, our forward simply heads its in (defender goal side and keeper was behind their defender). Referee indicates goal and we want to win so run to half way line to start again. Meanwhile their lino has a word with referee and gets him to change his mind. Obviously furious our players are given no reason why it was given and even their players were amazed (and agreed afterwards it was never a peno.

Their lino already given a couple of VERY dubious offsides in second half. First half he was fair in honesty.

So we lost, that i can take as it is a game. I wanted an explanation to why the goal was not given. So i approached the ref on full time, and asked why ? (in a very nice manner as well). His actual quote "their players seemed not happy so i er er er er decided on free kick". I looked at him with amazement and asked "please can i get an answer" ... he himself refused to give me an answer. I asked him repeatedly and he could not answer. We are a fair team and the game should be played in that manner, tough tackles, banter is part of the game and we accept that.

How can you see a foul when no one even appealed. Especially from his position. Near post header and he was in far corner. So he believes he saw a foul through 16 players, on the keeper who had his own defender in front of him.

Its hard to take, ref clearly gave a goal and had perfect position saw NOTHING wrong with it, but decided to go with a lino 40 yards away, who saw a foul on the keeper. And ref goes with lino. Enough said.

It would also be nice for refs to say sometimes ok i made an error (we are all human and mistakes happen) we would accept it and move on. But this loss is extremely hard to take.

SUAREZ IS KING !!
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 1:33 pm

Just a little bit of advice for you LFC...........the more you bang on about your post being moderated, the more its likely to be done!

You say your sticking to the facts, well I am afraid saying someone has deliberately cheated is not a fact, nor is saying they will do so again.

Last edited by Web_Manager on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

Chomp Chomp....
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 10:16 pm

Basketball 

Last edited by fc azzurri on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 7:08 am

Loving the knowledge Coleman !!! He had a good game that day aswell, in all fairness to shoeys  the  suspensions weren't in the usual place earlier in the season as I had to tweet them to ask where they were on the website.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 7:20 am

Lol dont know what you mean and will not comment on that as i wasnt there either... but as ive said before we ALWAYS scrape bare 11 even if we know were gonna take a beating shame others dont!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 7:27 am

Mistakes happen Jed!! No biggie !! Both sides waited around for 45 mins that day just for a ref to turn up just to get the game played which is commendable from both teams as a lot of others wouldn't have done that
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 9:25 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
No no no, not me!!! Haha- quite possibly, but it's this damn game we all love- brings out the worst in some people at times. I try not to swear, honest Shocked 
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 9:33 am

Web_Manager wrote:
Just a little bit of advice for you LFC...........the more you bang on about your post being moderated, the more its likely to be done!

You say your sticking to the facts, well I am afraid saying someone has deliberately cheated is not a fact, nor is saying they will do so again.

I just found it amusing a Liverpool fan 'presenting the facts' ..clearly a big Rafa fan!
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 9:57 am

A good bunch of lads who will do well this season if they can keep their players turning up every week. Gave us arguably our hardest test of the season, and for better finishing would have done for us.

Also, some good banter with them before, during and after the match, and nice to have a beer with them after. Exactly how Sunday morning football should be.
many thanks.. I stand by what i said weeks ago that you boys wont lose a league game this season and its only gonna be the Billy Walton were u will meet a stronger team than yourselves. Game was played with great spirit on Sunday and i don't recall one bad or rash challenge throughout. It was end to end stuff and if our strikers had brought their scoring boots with them then maybe we could have had a goal or 2. But you thoroughly deserved your win and i wont hide from the fact you were superior to us across the field. Your also correct in what Sunday morning footie is about. The banter the togetherness of both teams after the final whistle, most teams so far this season after playing at ours have got the hump after losing and not even bothered to have a drink with us even the the bar is joined onto the changing rooms. We look forward to the return and will hopefully register a goal lol! 
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 5:26 pm

I have no doubt that if you keep the side that was out against us u will be scoring for fun in every game this season including our return game !!

the game was a very tense affair and it was nice to see that there wasnt and bad tackles and the game bein played in the correct manner by both teams, if we play away we always try to make a point of havin a beer with the home side and when teams come to our place we like to welcome them into the club house for a drink with us after the game.

As lloydy said you are by far the best team we have played this season and have a cracking bunch of lads who like ourselves love the Sunday morning banter

All the best in the league and the remaining cups.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 7:58 pm

fc azzurri wrote:
Jedster wrote:
Imteresed to find out how the league deal with S&G... apparently fu##ed off only having 9 players? wasnt there myself but sounds like couldnt field a star team so bottled it? anyone? kev?
Very true hopefully league punishes teams that cannot fulfill a fixture.

Also be interesting to see what the league did when shoemakers played a goalkeeper Glenn chambers against azzurri when he is clearly suspended on the leicestershire fa website ??

Very Happy 
Having spoken to a certain Mr Skeemer this week, he told me that star and garter had 11 players to play the match and the reason the match didnt go ahead was because the changing rooms were locked at western park? and apparently gt and thurmaston didnt go ahead for the same reason? can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

correct
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

not mentioning any names either way, but I did walk past a game on Sunday that had just finished, and some of the comments made to the ref were disgraceful and way, way, beyond the line.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 8:20 am

Jenko wrote:
fc azzurri wrote:
Jedster wrote:
Imteresed to find out how the league deal with S&G... apparently fu##ed off only having 9 players? wasnt there myself but sounds like couldnt field a star team so bottled it? anyone? kev?
Very true hopefully league punishes teams that cannot fulfill a fixture.

Also be interesting to see what the league did when shoemakers played a goalkeeper Glenn chambers against azzurri when he is clearly suspended on the leicestershire fa website ??

Very Happy 
Having spoken to a certain Mr Skeemer this week, he told me that star and garter had 11 players to play the match and the reason the match didnt go ahead was because the changing rooms were locked at western park? and apparently gt and thurmaston didnt go ahead for the same reason? can anyone confirm this?

A couple of our first team lads (thurmo) i spoke to sunday did say the changing rooms were locked
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 9:41 am

g72 wrote:

many thanks.. I stand by what i said weeks ago that you boys wont lose a league game this season and its only gonna be the Billy Walton were u will meet a stronger team than yourselves. Game was played with great spirit on Sunday and i don't recall one bad or rash challenge throughout. It was end to end stuff and if our strikers had brought their scoring boots with them then maybe we could have had a goal or 2. But you thoroughly deserved your win and i wont hide from the fact you were superior to us across the field. Your also correct in what Sunday morning footie is about. The banter the togetherness of both teams after the final whistle, most teams so far this season after playing at ours have got the hump after losing and not even bothered to have a drink with us even the the bar is joined onto the changing rooms. We look forward to the return and will hopefully register a goal lol! 
Need to catch LKS on a bad day like we did (then at Birstall) and still lost (just), Having played against the other top sides in that division I can only see you 2 contending for the title, LKS to take the top spot for me. Both games against yourselves as stated above played in right spirit, I would have had a drink had someone offered me a lift as one pint generally leads to 2 or 3, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

FC POCHIN wrote:
So what was the swear word, you thought you heard the young lady say?bounce
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 2:29 pm

Hellboy wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
it began with an f i'm afraid helly
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

FC POCHIN wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
Fighter is not a swear word.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

can confirm changing rooms were not open at western park colleague from LSL told me..whether thats the reason to cancel game i am not sure
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm

The changing rooms were definitely not open, 10 teams have all agreed in unison of that fact. 6 from Alliance League, 4 from LSL. The problem was with a master key from the council.

The two LSL games went ahead, as did 1 of the Alliance games.

However, it is very very unlikely that any action will be taken against any of the teams who didn't play.

League rules state that changing facilities must be provided / accessible, failure to do means it is quite acceptable not to play.

Now, morally if you want to play football, you could of course get changed elsewhere (cars / side of pitch etc) and you can make up your own mind if you would play the game or not. But by the letter of the laws, no one has done anything wrong.

If the league acted, County would 99% uphold any appeal as a precedent has been set it in the past.

No doubt it's frustrating if any of those 4 teams wanted to play, (they could of course put a friendly on if 2 teams did with 2 free referees available as the league had to pay them), and there may or not have been alternative motives but it's completely irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
Fighter is not a swear word.
Indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 10 November   Banter for Sunday 10 November - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 10 November
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2