Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 16 October

Go down 
+41
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Sparta3
Magna Ranger
Bucko
NKBomber
Talbotleftback
GT forever
spartamoshdock
NiffyA
dave ash
BULLIT
Sparky
lingers
Widds
The Wh33l
Hellboy
RICKY-BOBBY
Capello
Jimmyb
greeeedy
THE MAGICIAN
Alan Partridge
browny15lfc
Katie G
Giggsisgod
Polska legend II
GT
The Plough
Jenko
Toe poke
Skeems
Hairy Hebrew!
timmy mallet
Paulo
CSKA Carnabys
CSKA17
Joey Barton
Fishandchips
Potts
Sneijder10
Gordon
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
fosse 3 polska 3

hugely disappointed to not come away with the win, but many factors to ponder. we scored after 36 seconds (own goal from Fosse) but Mo was making his first appearance of the season today and I thought really worried the Fosse defence all game. But once Fosse settled down they equalised on 18 minutes (poor goal keeping from us but he's saved us on many occasions so law of averages you're going to get one error) then we give away a needless handball and Fosse score from the spot to make it 2-1 half time. prior to this, Mo was fouled in the box, 100% penalty, ref waved it away. in my opinion it was a bad decision but it's not my opinion that matters - its the referees, and if he didn't deem it a penalty then fair enough. glad to see the half time whistle as we were really struggling at that point.

2nd half we changed formation and when Tomasz equalised on 48 minutes we really never looked back. apart from a couple of moves inside 30 seconds when we cleared 2 Fosse chances off the line, it was pretty much all Polska. Savo then makes it 3-2 with what at the time was 11 minutes to go, and we looked like we were going to nail the win. But missed a couple of one on ones which Picko got down to well, and if we'd put one of those away we would havce won cosily I think. Took Savo off on 89 minutes and shored things up with an extra midfielder but then for some reason ref played an added 6 minutes, which was incredible as there was no where near that amount of stoppages in 2nd half. Lo and behold Fosse equalise in the 96th minute (even though I thought it was a foul on the keeper!)

great game for the neutral, our 2nd half football the best we've played all season, and in recent weeks I wouldn't have given us a prayer against Fosse so to come away so disappointed not to win is I suppose pleasing.

good lads the Fosse players, very sporting afterwards and always a pleasure to play them.

Pretty much sums up the game Mark, in my opinion you edged it and we couldn't have argued if it had ended 2-3. A few things though...

I didn't think that when Mo went down in the box it was a penalty, to me he seemed to get muscled out by 2 defenders, although to be honest a couple our lads thought it was a foul.

I thought our penalty was soft as were about 10 other handballs in the match. Ref seemed to enjoy blowing his whistle when players chested the ball.

5 minutes (or however long it was) added on did seem excessive, there were no notable stoppages In the match that I can remember, but there was no flow to the game as the ref halted play every 30 seconds, maybe that's where he got it from!

Also, not even a hint of a foul in the equaliser, just a great leap by myself!

Another good, tight game against Polska and looking forward to the return. All the best.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Alan Partridge wrote:
Humbo 4 Wigston Rangers 1

A very good performance from a Humbo side missing eight players today.

Gifford with two clinical finishes. Shingler impressed me and got one himself. Reeves the other.

Can see Humbo being the team to beat in this division. Special mention to Stu Green's performance today. By far the oldest player on the pitch, yet put in a colossal performance even though his hamstring went about 15 minutes in!!

Well happy about this result too, got a BIG interest in HUMBO, keep it going boys....
Why's that then?
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

Strolled over to watch Trinderbox take on Leicester Foxes @ Aylestone park this morning. After the first half when trinderbox were 1-0 up i got speaking to a fellow watcher who explained Trinderbox were bottom and leicester foxes were "UP THERE". so 1-0 Trinderbox but to be honest it should of been 3 or 4 a shock was on the cards.. Both teams were pumped up at half time but it was leicester foxes that woke up and got 12345 goals in a very one sided second half. Trinderbox shouldnt be bottom but a few of there players just need a little diet and they will be fine. Leicester foxes were awful first half but in the second half they stepped it up and strolled to victory... Quite a few cards dished out too.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Guess you read it then??

I'm just gutted at the moment pal, nothing personal against anyone, certainly not the Bullies cos I have a lot of time for Bulls Head as you know.

you dont sound happy kev at all hope we aint done anything to contribute to this mate.
sounds like a messy game today against gt and some nasty challenges. never nice when someone has to come off injured especially if its meant intentionally
Back to top Go down
RICKY-BOBBY

RICKY-BOBBY

PostSubject: firs 1-1 wheel   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

firs 0b 1-1 the wheel

Good game today for both sides think firs ob's should of just nicked it but some quality saves from mister jones in the sticks for the wheel kept them right in it. Good turn out for both sides on the side lines with plenty of friendly banter from both players and supporters just what sunday football should be about. Got to say aswell league sent a quality ref in richard smith to do the game. All the best to batsey and the wheel lads look forward to going to there place.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
fosse 3 polska 3

hugely disappointed to not come away with the win, but many factors to ponder. we scored after 36 seconds (own goal from Fosse) but Mo was making his first appearance of the season today and I thought really worried the Fosse defence all game. But once Fosse settled down they equalised on 18 minutes (poor goal keeping from us but he's saved us on many occasions so law of averages you're going to get one error) then we give away a needless handball and Fosse score from the spot to make it 2-1 half time. prior to this, Mo was fouled in the box, 100% penalty, ref waved it away. in my opinion it was a bad decision but it's not my opinion that matters - its the referees, and if he didn't deem it a penalty then fair enough. glad to see the half time whistle as we were really struggling at that point.

2nd half we changed formation and when Tomasz equalised on 48 minutes we really never looked back. apart from a couple of moves inside 30 seconds when we cleared 2 Fosse chances off the line, it was pretty much all Polska. Savo then makes it 3-2 with what at the time was 11 minutes to go, and we looked like we were going to nail the win. But missed a couple of one on ones which Picko got down to well, and if we'd put one of those away we would havce won cosily I think. Took Savo off on 89 minutes and shored things up with an extra midfielder but then for some reason ref played an added 6 minutes, which was incredible as there was no where near that amount of stoppages in 2nd half. Lo and behold Fosse equalise in the 96th minute (even though I thought it was a foul on the keeper!)

great game for the neutral, our 2nd half football the best we've played all season, and in recent weeks I wouldn't have given us a prayer against Fosse so to come away so disappointed not to win is I suppose pleasing.

good lads the Fosse players, very sporting afterwards and always a pleasure to play them.

Pretty much sums up the game Mark, in my opinion you edged it and we couldn't have argued if it had ended 2-3. A few things though...

I didn't think that when Mo went down in the box it was a penalty, to me he seemed to get muscled out by 2 defenders, although to be honest a couple our lads thought it was a foul.

I thought our penalty was soft as were about 10 other handballs in the match. Ref seemed to enjoy blowing his whistle when players chested the ball.

5 minutes (or however long it was) added on did seem excessive, there were no notable stoppages In the match that I can remember, but there was no flow to the game as the ref halted play every 30 seconds, maybe that's where he got it from!

Also, not even a hint of a foul in the equaliser, just a great leap by myself!

Another good, tight game against Polska and looking forward to the return. All the best.

cheers mate, as you can see we save our best games for away from home. was a cracking game and as I tipped you for the title at the start of the season (not realising who Foxes had signed!) think the lads were pumped up all week!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Also, nice to finally meet Helly !!!

Are you sure that was the great and elusive hellboy?
Back to top Go down
The Wh33l

The Wh33l

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

firs ob's 1 - 1 the wheel

Very evenly matched game from start to finish and was played in a great spirit considering the pride at stake for both sets of players and fans!!

On the face of the first half chances & possession i'd say the wheel slightly shaded it but found ourselves a goal down at halftime after a good finish from a long throw & flick other than the goal i cant remember the ob's having another shot on target so the wheel had to step up in the 2nd half..........

.......and we did within 5 minutes when Priddy levelled after good football created an opening which he cooly finished. The wheel then had a good bit of momentum but failed to make any possession count and if it wasnt for Jonesy making a fantastic double save i think we'd of lost........

.......but in the last 10 or so minutes the wheel had a few good freekicks and pressure was mounting on the home side and on the about the third or fourth freekick that caused alsorts of problems for the ob's defence big john willows and danny bates failed to connect and head into an empty net with the goal at their mercy!!

both teams could of won it but on chances created i'd saty the wheel shaded it...a points better than none so i'll wish the ob's luck for the season and look forward to the rematch!!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 6:39 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
AC WIGSTON 1 NRI 3

I think we are lacking in confidence at the minute, maybe brushing off from me and the wrong decisions i'm making ???

Think we have only lost once all season....won 3-1 today....will take those wrong decisions all day long lol
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Quote :
you dont sound happy kev at all hope we aint done anything to contribute to this mate.
sounds like a messy game today against gt and some nasty challenges. never nice when someone has to come off injured especially if its meant intentionally

Bullies aint done nothing pal - well except beat us on Wednesday!!
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

kaffir 3 mdh 2

fair play 1st half mdh clearly the better side and well deserved 2-0 lead

second half however we were better shame we cant do it for 90 mins

good bunch of lads at mdh and battled to the end great clearance from my player on the line in the last min great ref aswell today philip stacey handled the game really well

p.s hope you dont take it out on us nxt week kev.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

Kajima 1 Gate Hangs Well 5

Good display from us today, front 2 of Moggy and Stu Cattell and Winterton pushing on from midfield did the damage. 5 wins on the bounce in all comps now, hopefully the corner is well turned !
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

Capello wrote:
Strolled over to watch Trinderbox take on Leicester Foxes @ Aylestone park this morning. After the first half when trinderbox were 1-0 up i got speaking to a fellow watcher who explained Trinderbox were bottom and leicester foxes were "UP THERE". so 1-0 Trinderbox but to be honest it should of been 3 or 4 a shock was on the cards.. Both teams were pumped up at half time but it was leicester foxes that woke up and got 12345 goals in a very one sided second half. Trinderbox shouldnt be bottom but a few of there players just need a little diet and they will be fine. Leicester foxes were awful first half but in the second half they stepped it up and strolled to victory... Quite a few cards dished out too.

That was almost a true Capello phrase!
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

ask les fletcher if he fort he had a good game today? am sure from were i was standing on the side wud love to here wot any one from foxes or trinderbox wud like to say?
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Niffy A 6 - 3 QPR

Good game today for everyone our first goal went in after 25 seconds. GOTTA BE CLOSE TO A LEAGUE FASTEST GOAL.

Nice to see good team effort today lets hope we can keep it up.
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

y have u always got excuse greedy about players out? u got beat 1-2 thats it, dont see other teams losing an sayin missing this player an that player! deal wiv it as moschdock can only beat the team you can get out f.a.c.t
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:40 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Phoenix 3 - 0 Superfly.

0-0 half time.
Two sending off 2nd half and we lost our shape, should have been more to be honest.

What - goals or sending off's ?
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Gordon wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Phoenix 3 - 0 Superfly.

0-0 half time.
Two sending off 2nd half and we lost our shape, should have been more to be honest.

What - goals or sending off's ?

goals,we fell to pieces once the red cards came out.
could and would have been double figures if it wasn't for our keeper.
I think phoenix will finish in the top three this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 8:04 pm

seen trinderbox out play foxes today for good hour today, simple as that, foxes aint that good, its jus wen they got there 1st sum how trinderbox seemed to go to pot for sum reason when they had game in there own hands. seemes to me went 2-0 up an started tryin kickin um off park then went down hill from then, how trinderbox bottom i will never no, much better side than foxes for hour or so!!!!!!!!!! foxes got alot gobby lads but to be fair backed it up wiv last 30 mins. draw bin fair result but as sed before ref had absolute stinker
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

really pleased with our performance today, worked hard throughout the game and passed the ball quickly from defence to attack. Probably the best we've played since the Harrow game. Helps to have the 3 new lads we've signed -despite Jay scoring 4 of our goals, Big Dave Ash was probably our man of the match, winning most if not all of everything he challenged for.

A quick word for QPR, who i thought was a decent outfit and if they'd have played us on any of the past 3-4 weeks they would of definitely got something out of this game. Good luck for the rest of the season!!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

GT 5-4 Magna 73

OK the facts, ref was awful but we will put that one to bed as thats now gone through to the appropiate authorities.

We didnt have a goalkeeper today as Jenko bless him played with the flu which meant he had no energy to play well, but thats commitment. Then 2 of our players decide to turn up at 10:25.

Then we had to deal without Browny, Harry Sandhu, Lando and Matt Howarth and they are huge losses. The we lost Grady early on and defensively we were non existant after that.

We lost 5-4. Can I say that GT are not that special, there tactics were to kick us for some reason, how they are 2nd and unbeaten is beyond me, with a full strength team we would have won comfortably today mind you its probably a good job we were not full strength as we would have lost some key players to injury, its ok, you can injure our ressies but just be aware for the return lads.
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

excuses excuses excuses
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Quote :
excuses excuses excuses

Not excuses, just reasons
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

u sound like greedy now m8
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 9:44 pm

BULLIT wrote:
y have u always got excuse greedy about players out? u got beat 1-2 thats it, dont see other teams losing an sayin missing this player an that player! deal wiv it as moschdock can only beat the team you can get out f.a.c.t

regardless of what a small minded pleb like yourself says bullit im an honest guy. we got beat yes did we deserve to no simple as that in my opinion just ask the moshdock lads what they thought im sure they will say the same. i like to get my honest opinion out of how the game went thats all whats the harm in that ??? no excuses just facts cus i couldnt really give 2 fu*ks win or lose to be honest mate i wont lose a winks sleep all i care about is the lads enjoy themselves win lose or draw.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm

I wasn't there myself today, but from all accounts, we were very poor and extremely lucky to come away with the win.

But (sorry Greedy!) we will take whatever we can get and a win is a win!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
I wasn't there myself today, but from all accounts, we were very poor and extremely lucky to come away with the win.

But (sorry Greedy!) we will take whatever we can get and a win is a win!

lol correct mate. you looked like you could do with aaron back to be fair.
all the best anyway
Back to top Go down
GT forever

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

GT V Magna 73-
I just wanted to respond to the magna 73 secs comments. Up to this point I had some respect for his comments, but his posts today have been hugely biased and in some cases embarrassing. I believe one of the magna posts was about the state of the pitch and I agree it is poor but unfortunately the bad weather has taken its toll over the past couple of seasons, so it is what it is, we would also prefer to be playing on a smoother surface.
Now onto the magna 73 secs comments, to suggest there should have been 2-3 reds cards is ridiculous, there was not a single two-footed challenge or high challenge in the match. The only two big challenges in the match was one near the start of the game where the player took the ball and it was not even a freekick. The other by our striker was late and was probably a booking, but certainly not a red. Other than that as i said not really a dirty game at all.
I would also like to add I don't believe any GT player ever goes out with the intention of injuring another player, it’s quite simply not the way we play the game. And your suggestion that in the next game you will get us back is a disgrace.
To suggest we are a poor side who just go out to kick the other team is also ridiculous. Take today’s game, I think your side created one opportunity from open play. Your goals came from 2 set pieces (which were well delivered but should have been defended better), a soft penalty, and a mix up between our keeper and defender. We on the other hand scored some good goals; I agree the 5th may have been a foul but the shambolic way your player through himself to the floor I don’t think helped. We also had 5 1 on 1's we missed as well as other chances.
I might also add I'm sure your "ressie" players are happy to know you don’t mind them getting injured, they must feel really valued.
I'm hoping your post was through frustration and heat of the moment and that you retract some of your comment but I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 7:09 am

browny15lfc wrote:
Talbot nearly took points from Kilworth. Good bunch of lads..even yellow who literally dry humped me whilst I was stretching the hamstrings lol. (ok ok I enjoyed it lol)
They out played us 1st half, led at the break through a nice chip and should have punished our sloppy play by putting us well and truly to bed.
I drew us level on about 70 and Rudders won it with 10 to go. Good free kick.
Good game Talbot and sorry we were crap.

hahha dry humping you it looked so appealing lol, was a quality game to be involved in and the kilworth lads are good for a lot of banter, i personally feared the worst before kick off but something clicked for us yesterday, if im honest i think we dominated them first half and didnt really want half time to come as second half it was pretty much 1 way traffic but credit to both teams for a cracking game and not one bad tackle from either side, all the best kilworth see ya in the return leg
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Quote :
GT V Magna 73-
I just wanted to respond to the magna 73 secs comments. Up to this point I had some respect for his comments, but his posts today have been hugely biased and in some cases embarrassing. I believe one of the magna posts was about the state of the pitch and I agree it is poor but unfortunately the bad weather has taken its toll over the past couple of seasons, so it is what it is, we would also prefer to be playing on a smoother surface.
Now onto the magna 73 secs comments, to suggest there should have been 2-3 reds cards is ridiculous, there was not a single two-footed challenge or high challenge in the match. The only two big challenges in the match was one near the start of the game where the player took the ball and it was not even a freekick. The other by our striker was late and was probably a booking, but certainly not a red. Other than that as i said not really a dirty game at all.
I would also like to add I don't believe any GT player ever goes out with the intention of injuring another player, it’s quite simply not the way we play the game. And your suggestion that in the next game you will get us back is a disgrace.
To suggest we are a poor side who just go out to kick the other team is also ridiculous. Take today’s game, I think your side created one opportunity from open play. Your goals came from 2 set pieces (which were well delivered but should have been defended better), a soft penalty, and a mix up between our keeper and defender. We on the other hand scored some good goals; I agree the 5th may have been a foul but the shambolic way your player through himself to the floor I don’t think helped. We also had 5 1 on 1's we missed as well as other chances.
I might also add I'm sure your "ressie" players are happy to know you don’t mind them getting injured, they must feel really valued.
I'm hoping your post was through frustration and heat of the moment and that you retract some of your comment but I guess we'll see.

Not a bad effort for your first post. Now let me respond to certain points you make.

Quote :
Up to this point I had some respect for his comments, but his posts today have been hugely biased and in some cases embarrassing.
Of course I'm going to be biased, I am secretary of Magna 73, if I was a neutral I would have been more level headed, embarassing??? Perhaps but so were some of your teams tackling yesterday

Quote :
I would also like to add I don't believe any GT player ever goes out with the intention of injuring another player
So why go through the back of a player with 2 feet with no chance of getting the ball, tell you what why don't I take a photo of young Tom Cartwrights shin and send it you in your inbox?? If thats genuinly going for the ball then fair enough

Quote :
Other than that as i said not really a dirty game at all
Wasn't classed a dirty game your end because we didnt retailiate. I wish we had.

Quote :
You know fully as to why I put that and thats blantantly trying to stir the s**t within our squad. Everybody is a valued member and as proved yesterday are important players to us but a few of the lads who would have started were not there yesterday.

Quote :
I'm hoping your post was through frustration and heat of the moment and that you retract some of your comment but I guess we'll see
Got to be honest, they were posted in the heat of the moment but I was so angry that the referee did nothing to protect us from some of your tackles and I was slightly shocked by it as I considered GT to be a "proper" footballing side, well yesterday you were not.
Back to top Go down
NKBomber

NKBomber

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

Talbotleftback wrote:
browny15lfc wrote:
Talbot nearly took points from Kilworth. Good bunch of lads..even yellow who literally dry humped me whilst I was stretching the hamstrings lol. (ok ok I enjoyed it lol)
They out played us 1st half, led at the break through a nice chip and should have punished our sloppy play by putting us well and truly to bed.
I drew us level on about 70 and Rudders won it with 10 to go. Good free kick.
Good game Talbot and sorry we were crap.

hahha dry humping you it looked so appealing lol, was a quality game to be involved in and the kilworth lads are good for a lot of banter, i personally feared the worst before kick off but something clicked for us yesterday, if im honest i think we dominated them first half and didnt really want half time to come as second half it was pretty much 1 way traffic but credit to both teams for a cracking game and not one bad tackle from either side, all the best kilworth see ya in the return leg

What made the dry humping worse was the fact you were bent over with a great big stonk on!
Your right no bad tackles, just a couple of frustrated kick outs from your number 5
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

GT forever wrote:
GT V Magna 73-

I understand there is nothing you can do about the pitch was merely pointing out how bad it was.

I didnt think it was a dirty tackle but every so often there was a bad tackle by a GT player! From the tackle in the first half by your defender, our strikers lower shin has 3 stud marks going down it so would love to know how that is not a foul?

And finally your striker (who on his day is absolutely quality and can win you matches on his own) made about 3 late lunges that on another day would of all been deserving of a yellow card
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

Quote :
I understand there is nothing you can do about the pitch was merely pointing out how bad it was.

I didnt think it was a dirty tackle but every so often there was a bad tackle by a GT player! From the tackle in the first half by your defender, our strikers lower shin has 3 stud marks going down it so would love to know how that is not a foul?

And finally your striker (who on his day is absolutely quality and can win you matches on his own) made about 3 late lunges that on another day would of all been deserving of a yellow card

They played like that because they knew they would get away with it, we are too honest sometimes.

One thing I will say about the pitch is that if your paying over £60 a game on it, then you should be entitled to a good pitch, the council is pulling your pants down on that one
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

ST MARKS 2-3 HARROW FC

A CLOSE GAME BUT I THOUGHT WE DESERVED TO TO WIN,THOUGHT WE WOULD STRUGGLE WEN THE MANAGER LEFT OUT A COUPLE FIRST TEAMERS AND THAT THEY HAD SIGNED A FEW NEW PLAYERS,BUT IT PAID OFF IN THE END, ST MARKS ARE A GOOD SIDE JUST LACK A REAL LEADER ON THE PITCH AND MAYBE A COUPLE OLDER HEADS FOR EXPERIANCE BUT THEY ARE A GOOD SET OF LADS AND WILL WIN MORE THAN THEY LOSE ALL THE BEST FOR THE SEASON.
Back to top Go down
Magna Ranger

Magna Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:32 am

Now i think its time we all put our handbags away. Sunday football just isnt worth the grief.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

Giggsisgod wrote:
Lost today agains magna 8-5 magna great set of lads well organised , danson well redder today too, all the best rest of season magna

And to your boys was a good game
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

Quote :
Now i think its time we all put our handbags away. Sunday football just isnt worth the grief.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon.

Well said mate, thanks for putting things into perspective

R.I.P Dan Wheldon
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

CSKA Carnabys wrote:
CSKA 5-0 LDA Spartans
Luke Williamson 2
Og
Craig Cheadle 2

In what is usually a very close match (1-3, 6-5, 2-2, 2-3 in previous meetings), LDA came up against an in-form CSKA side. Both teams played fantastic footy on a good surface. A penalty given away in the first minute meant it was always gonna be an uphill battle for LDA.

LDA looking much better than last season and play nice on-the-deck football, they'll be in amongst the front runners come April.

Oh and their new Roma style kit is pretty cool too!

I'm glad you noticed that we could actually play as we were very diappointed with the result. We're lacking quality in the final third at the minute so every game is a struggle if we concede.

You deserved the win but our mistakes made the scoreline a little flattering. An unnecessary penalty in the first minute, an og nodded over our keeper, a crazy narrow effort from cheadle and a wild bobble for the last one. On any normal day only one of these would have gone in.

As expected, Carnabys are very dangerous now that they have Craig Cheadle up top. I was a little disappointed with the lack of football being played but you managed to score 5 regardless!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

NKBomber wrote:

What made the dry humping worse was the fact you were bent over with a great big stonk on!
Your right no bad tackles.

Dirty boy!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:41 am

Magna Ranger wrote:

R.I.P Dan Wheldon.

Yeah i watched that, a sad thing to see . at least he died doing something he loved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 October   Banter for Sunday 16 October - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 16 October
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next