Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 7th October

Go down 
+23
hotshot66
talbotkeeper
ben
Mivan are going up
man in black
WILKSY
OadbyAthletic
Polska legend II
karljackoLKS
Rwhite08
Plough new boy
allroads1
Hellboy
Snash
Footy mad
whiteeagles
johnmeode
Hairy Hebrew!
Fccol
allen654
mowmacre fc
Widds
Aussie Owl
27 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for Sunday 7th October Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 4:00 pm

Did you win? Are you in the next round?

Last edited by Aussie Owl on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

good luck to all the alliance teams. No game for us, may pop to a Wigston based game to cheer someone on!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

Very foggy out here but sun is breaking throu another hour game on
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

Wigston fields 1 - 3 EMR reserves

Thomas Dunkley with the goal for Wigston in a scrappy game. Wigston keeper Andy Toone keeping the score down with some great saves. Wigston had chances early on through jay beat who you'd thought would score but it was not to be. Onwards and upwards though and we'll put this cup game behind us and focus on the league.
Back to top Go down
Fccol

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

Racing club hugglescote reserves 2-6 fccol

Gd game from us today n started passing well from the off. Our first half dominance wasnt reflected in the score line (0-1). 2nd half started n somehow they got in behind us n scored 2 make it 1-1! This maybe was a the kick up the back side we needed as we scored 4 goals in about 20 minutes and could o been more. Again got a bit sloppy n a lucky deflection got them back 2 2-5 but we killed it off with another 2 make it 2-6.

Goal scorers
David smith x 2
Dale clarke x 2
Curt clayton x 2
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:29 pm

The Anchor Inn 0-2 AFC Royal Oak

The scoreline flatters the Anchor as we absolutely dominated the whole match. On the odd occasion the Anchor got in our half they didn't seem to know what to do and was easily cleared up. Took them 70 mins to actually have their first attempt on goal. We had stacks of chances but everything seemed to hit the keeper. Kept the ball very well and was a pleasing performance. Special mention to Gav Mcfadyen who had a cracking game in an attacking role, which I never thought he had it in him but picked up Man of the match!
Missing 4 players today who should be all back for a massive league game v's White eagles!
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Fairfield dynamo 9 v 2 reem team

Scorers

Matt orme 4,
Nathan higgs 2,
Tom Orton
Toby Warner
Adam tester

Played quite well at times today, have to say reem team didn't seem interested at times Aswell

Probably should have got a few more goals but it's 3 points at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

The scoreline flatters the Anchor as we absolutely dominated the whole match. On the odd occasion the Anchor got in our half they didn't seem to know what to do and was easily cleared up. Took them 70 mins to actually have their first attempt on goal. We had stacks of chances but everything seemed to hit the keeper. Kept the ball very well and was a pleasing performance. Special mention to Gav Mcfadyen who had a cracking game in an attacking role, which I never thought he had it in him but picked up Man of the match!
Missing 4 players today who should be all back for a massive league game v's White eagles!
Which league are The Anchor Inn from?

Looking forward to next week! Not lost in 11 since you beat us last April so looking to keep the winning streak going.

Beat Sporting Birstall 4-2 today. We played them at home earlier in the season and won 2-1 then. A very good side and think they will be up there in Div 6 come the end of the season. Nice to progress today as we had a bare 11 as a couple of lads never turned up following a night out plus 3 others who had other arrangements! I suppose it helps having a bigger squad this season as it can accomodate for this. A few were struggling through injuries and illness today and still battled on so a good result for us.

We started much better this time out against Birstall and managed to gain enough control of the middle of the park compared to last time (Birstall's number 4, Jack Norton is a quality player, can't give him no time at all). Looking forward to the next round in a cup that we'll definitely be taking seriously this season.

Also, credit to the ref Patsy Andrews today, not sure if she's an Alliance league ref or not but she reffed the game very well today.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:44 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Hinckley Sunday League
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

LDA Spatans 5 Desford Athletic 7 AET

For the 2nd week running, us at Desford found ourselves 3-0 down after 25 minutes, but once again the team character shone through and we produced another great escape, getting it back to 3-2 at the break, before equalising 10 mins from full time to take in into extra time.
We then managed to find some extra gears from somewhere to move 6-3 ahead, but full credit to a very good LDA side who never gave up and got the score back to 6-5 with 2 minutes of extra time remaining, but as they pushed for an equaliser we hit them on the break to finish the game off.
Full credit to James Costello and Sam Spence who bagged 5 goals between them again, with James getting 3.
LDA a great bunch of guys, and good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

Global 3-2 Hat & Beaver
Joe Goldstein
John Snashall
Kirk Nicholls

Last minute winner from Captain Kirk. H & B may feel aggrieved with a couple of decisions today but we march on to the next round.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

johnmeode wrote:
Fairfield dynamo 9 v 2 reem team

Scorers

Matt orme 4,
Nathan higgs 2,
Tom Orton
Toby Warner
Adam tester

Played quite well at times today, have to say reem team didn't seem interested at times Aswell

Probably should have got a few more goals but it's 3 points at the end of the day.

Yes they always quieten down once the excitement and fake tan wears off, maybe its time for and change of hairspray.
Back to top Go down
allroads1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

Photos from the Cross Keys Newbold v Thurmaston WMP 2009 match online @

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rambler77/sets/72157631711957655/
Back to top Go down
http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

Harrow 1-4 Plough

Good game from the plough today, only looked like being one winner, created lots off chances, and should have went in at half time more than one up. Harrow are a sound bunch and have a few decent players. Lots off mix ups in there defence though. Looking forward to returning to league action and if perform like today and be bit more clinical pretty sure we are going to have a good season.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Looking forward to next week! Not lost in 11 since you beat us last April so looking to keep the winning streak going.

Beat Sporting Birstall 4-2 today. We played them at home earlier in the season and won 2-1 then. A very good side and think they will be up there in Div 6 come the end of the season. Nice to progress today as we had a bare 11 as a couple of lads never turned up following a night out plus 3 others who had other arrangements! I suppose it helps having a bigger squad this season as it can accomodate for this. A few were struggling through injuries and illness today and still battled on so a good result for us.

We started much better this time out against Birstall and managed to gain enough control of the middle of the park compared to last time (Birstall's number 4, Jack Norton is a quality player, can't give him no time at all). Looking forward to the next round in a cup that we'll definitely be taking seriously this season.

Also, credit to the ref Patsy Andrews today, not sure if she's an Alliance league ref or not but she reffed the game very well today.

Yeah Hinckley league. They were very poor. Gave us a chance to change some stuff around. Was so comfortable!
Yeah hoping for a good game v's you lads!! Last two games between us have been very tight! But like you say, your the form team whilst we've been spluttering along!
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 5:21 pm

Hotshots 3-5 NPE: really good game today. The gaffa made some changes and we never got going first half although had a few chances hotshots were much better. Went in half time a deserved 2-1 down. Brought big hitters on second half in candy and Pete and hotshots scored again to make it 3-1. Shouts of these are poor from the sidelines and with 2 up front I thought we totally dominated second half and the goals came. Pete and candy not really played together yet up top but they were out this world second half today. Hotshots young lad in middle was class and lad up top scoring their goals was top draw. It was a great game to play in and a good battle in the middle with my partner mike winning lots of 50/50s. Overall thought we deserved the win but hotshots will bounce back. Best mention candys goal that was some lob...
Back to top Go down
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:04 pm

we never had a game today so i went on my travels to watch little bowden on one pitch and harborough hotshots on the other, little bowden lost 2-0 but were the better side through out the game, they just need a good striker and some confidence and they will be fine.
the hotshots game really was a game of 2 halves, hotshots seemed in total control from what i saw 1st half, then 2nd it seemed to be all new parks, i never saw the whole game so dont hold my comments against me but i saw a lot of quality in both teams, the ref did seem a little dodgy but again i never saw the whole game!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:05 pm

i make it Alliance teams won 31 ties today, so a near 61% success rate
Back to top Go down
OadbyAthletic

OadbyAthletic

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:07 pm

whats the ruling on a red card in county cup? is it a 3 match ban for county games only or does it include league games aswell?
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:23 pm

karljackoLKS wrote:
we never had a game today so i went on my travels to watch little bowden on one pitch and harborough hotshots on the other, little bowden lost 2-0 but were the better side through out the game, they just need a good striker and some confidence and they will be fine.
the hotshots game really was a game of 2 halves, hotshots seemed in total control from what i saw 1st half, then 2nd it seemed to be all new parks, i never saw the whole game so dont hold my comments against me but i saw a lot of quality in both teams, the ref did seem a little dodgy but again i never saw the whole game!!
Totally correct, it was a game of two halfs! We were terrible first half and hotshots took full advantage! Brought both our main strikers on 2nd half and the whole team improved and dominated the 2nd half! Was gettin worried for a little while but managed to show great character and come back from 3-1 down!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

OadbyAthletic wrote:
whats the ruling on a red card in county cup? is it a 3 match ban for county games only or does it include league games aswell?

almost certainly your next 3 Sunday games (from when the card comes through) if it was a straight red. 2 yellows should be just 1 game
Back to top Go down
OadbyAthletic

OadbyAthletic

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
OadbyAthletic wrote:

almost certainly your next 3 Sunday games (from when the card comes through) if it was a straight red. 2 yellows should be just 1 game

cheers mate, so a straight red is a 3 match ban regardless whether playing cup or league game!?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

amount of games depends on what red was for
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:52 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Yeah Hinckley league. They were very poor. Gave us a chance to change some stuff around. Was so comfortable!
Yeah hoping for a good game v's you lads!! Last two games between us have been very tight! But like you say, your the form team whilst we've been spluttering along!
Yeah, last two games have been very tight, the 0-0 at your place, your keeper made a ridiculous late save to stop us nicking the win and was looking at a 0-0 in our ground until you brought the long throw specialist on which completely caught us! We've got a lot more firepower now. There's absolutely no way we're underestimating you, we have yourselves and then Mivan away too, two massive games for us already and would be delighted to stay unbeaten through those. You will come good, I don't doubt that at all!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:56 pm

sending off punishments
two yellows one week
denying a goal scoring opportunity one week
foul and abusive two weeks
serious foul play violent conduct three weeks
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Yeah, last two games have been very tight, the 0-0 at your place, your keeper made a ridiculous late save to stop us nicking the win and was looking at a 0-0 in our ground until you brought the long throw specialist on which completely caught us! We've got a lot more firepower now. There's absolutely no way we're underestimating you, we have yourselves and then Mivan away too, two massive games for us already and would be delighted to stay unbeaten through those. You will come good, I don't doubt that at all!

We're happy with our recent defensive displays. We prided ourselves on our impressive defensive record last year and we started poorly conceding alot of goals. Last 3 games we have conceded just 1 goal and is no coincidence that we have last years backline in for those 3 games!
But your the inform team and will be very difficult to get anything from you next week. Mivan will be a tough game and would have to sit on the fence and say a draw for that game! Is Mr Micic around next week? Hope not!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:36 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
i make it Alliance teams won 31 ties today, so a near 61% success rate

surprised at that, would have expected close to 70 percent. i think alliance teams Will make up for about 75 percent of the finalists
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

Mivan 9 earl Shilton 2

We played a very poor earl Shilton team today. I think they were a youth team that has moved up to men's football. The scoreline says it all really and it should of been double figures. It's hard to stay motivated in a game like today so happy wih the lads they did and earl Shilton got 2 goals which they deserved due to playing with plent of spirit and hard work. Managed to rest a few as well today and give some fringe players a run out. Two massive games for us coming up and this is a good result along side the win at pochin to set us up for them.

Scorers:
Scott Pestell x 2
Rakesh rajpal
Nick Walsh
OG
Rav Dhillon
Gurps Virdee x 2
Lee Cleaver (Miracles do happen!)
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

We're happy with our recent defensive displays. We prided ourselves on our impressive defensive record last year and we started poorly conceding alot of goals. Last 3 games we have conceded just 1 goal and is no coincidence that we have last years backline in for those 3 games!
But your the inform team and will be very difficult to get anything from you next week. Mivan will be a tough game and would have to sit on the fence and say a draw for that game! Is Mr Micic around next week? Hope not!!
Your defence is rock solid, unfortunately Micic is working next week, missing another big player too. You got a full squad next week?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 8:00 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Your defence is rock solid, unfortunately Micic is working next week, missing another big player too. You got a full squad next week?

Micic away? Phew!!!!!
As far as I no we got full squad but soon changes come Sunday morning. Was missing Chris Love and Tom Scott today but should be back for next week! If we want to mount a title challenge we gotta get something out of next weeks game but gonna be real tough! Your boys are on fire! Your top Goalscorer is banging em in an all! Was he a summer recruit?
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 8:33 pm

thought id mention think its the county shield that addis are the team to avoid honestly they will walk this cup won 18-0 or 17 today they was mucking about even played last 10 mins only 2 touch and cant score inside box one lad went 1-1 into box turned round smahed it back to keeper and then back to 2 touch they was taking p***
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:01 pm

Dunton & Broughton 3-1 Superfly

A disappointing result for us today. We were a little slow out of the blocks, but soon got into the game. D & B were a very physical side, we matched it too, but then the game got a little niggly. Hard tackles and a bit of effin and blinding here and there spoilt a closely fought game.

We did nick the lead, a long ball, perfectly crafted, over the top from our Scouse new boy found Jay in space and one on one, only one result from there lol. D & B equalised before the break with a deflected strike after we all stopped and failed to play to the whistle.

We knew we were in a game and we fought hard in the second half. Not literally. Much. We conceded two silly goals, one was a penalty, I couldn't hold a shot that was just out of my reach and our guy felled their striker, who got up to convert. Their third was poor from the referee, I slid for the ball, held it in two hands, then their striker kicked it out of my hands whilst sliding in and A.N. Other tapped it in.

Oh well, there's always the league lol.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:05 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Micic away? Phew!!!!!
As far as I no we got full squad but soon changes come Sunday morning. Was missing Chris Love and Tom Scott today but should be back for next week! If we want to mount a title challenge we gotta get something out of next weeks game but gonna be real tough! Your boys are on fire! Your top Goalscorer is banging em in an all! Was he a summer recruit?
This season, division 6 is looking like it will be very tight! A fair few teams who can be in contention and pretty much everyone can beat anyone. Danilo has been with us since the start, he's just been playing a bit more advanced recently and has hit some form. We're not a one man team by any means and have plenty of players across the park who can nick us a goal or two.
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

LB Talbot 7 Cutting room 0

tom read x2
dwanye blackburn x2
dave whitehead
alex mc mullan
curtis dawson

we started very slow even laughing and joking at kick off which nearly lead to us going a goal down after 30seconds but manage to get my tip to it then we gave a free kick on the edge of the box which was tip wide after that i was given 85minutes of peace ....once we settle down we outplayed out pass cutting rooms went 1 up from a corner before 2 quick goals then added the 4th just before half time ... 2nd half started slow again before a 45yards first time half volly flew in to the top corner even clipping the bar on its way in then wrap the game up with 2 more goal over all a good proformance and talbots 1st clean sheet in a year and a half bring on rd 2
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

Rwhite08 wrote:
Hotshots 3-5 NPE: really good game today. The gaffa made some changes and we never got going first half although had a few chances hotshots were much better. Went in half time a deserved 2-1 down. Brought big hitters on second half in candy and Pete and hotshots scored again to make it 3-1. Shouts of these are poor from the sidelines and with 2 up front I thought we totally dominated second half and the goals came. Pete and candy not really played together yet up top but they were out this world second half today. Hotshots young lad in middle was class and lad up top scoring their goals was top draw. It was a great game to play in and a good battle in the middle with my partner mike winning lots of 50/50s. Overall thought we deserved the win but hotshots will bounce back. Best mention candys goal that was some lob...

I'd agree with that mate, really dissappointed how we fell to bits second half especially after coming out after Ht and getting a 3rd, as soon as you scored your second i could see it coming, worrying the lack of fight we showed second half. Always a good natured battle with your lads, always has been. don't like to go on about refs but some of his decisions today were laughable, your guy's on the sidelines seemed to agree! we look forward to the return fixture.

also your 5th goal has to get a mention, quality finish. all the best for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

Agree hotshots66 its always a good fair battle and sometimes refs need to let the game flow more we all like a tackle. Your lads played well first half and some exciting young players you have, all the best see you at our place for another good one...
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:26 am

Westfield (Hinckley div 3) 2 v 1 FC Pochin

The joys of the county cup - spent ages driving round Hinckley looking for a pitch that bore no resemblance to the details on the county FA website. 10 minute walk from the car park to the pitch and then no changing rooms!

Slow 1st half for us and found ourselves 2-0 down at half time, absolutely battered them 2nd half but a combination of good goalkeeping and the woodwork put us out.

Quality debuts by Shane and Josh today
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

ball park nirvana 0 webbys 7.

liam towers 3
christian dyke 2
adam simpson 1
jamie jeyes.

Better performance but still struggling to get the
settled side we need to progress.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

talbotkeeper wrote:
LB Talbot 7 Cutting room 0

tom read x2
dwanye blackburn x2
dave whitehead
alex mc mullan
curtis dawson

we started very slow even laughing and joking at kick off which nearly lead to us going a goal down after 30seconds but manage to get my tip to it then we gave a free kick on the edge of the box which was tip wide after that i was given 85minutes of peace ....once we settle down we outplayed out pass cutting rooms went 1 up from a corner before 2 quick goals then added the 4th just before half time ... 2nd half started slow again before a 45yards first time half volly flew in to the top corner even clipping the bar on its way in then wrap the game up with 2 more goal over all a good proformance and talbots 1st clean sheet in a year and a half bring on rd 2

You seem to have forgotten the 3 blatant pens we should have had too.. Tom was taken out by the keeper and their right back... and one of their centre backs tried to catch a cross half way through the 2nd half... I'm sure the ref felt sorry for em!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 12:08 pm

LDA 5 - 7 Desford Ath AET (3-3 FT)

Brad Downing 4, Joe Wiltshire

Then post from the Desford lad pretty much sums it up.

We took a 3-goal lead and seemed fairly comfortable. Desford pulled one back but then we gifted them another immeiately from the restart, which was a real sucker punch.

Desford created plenty of chances trying to get back on level terms and finally managed it about 10 mins from the end.

Desford were far livelier in extra time, taking the lead early.

The next goal was the turning point. We had a clear penalty (as admitted by the culprit) turned down be the referee (standing on the half way line) and Desford went up the other end to score, making it 5-3.

The second period of extra time was very open - with us chasing and Desford making the most of the space. There were chances all over the place, Desford added a 6th before we clawed a couple back.

We missed an open goal that would've (or could've) taken it to penalties but it wasn't to be and Desford finished it off with a minute to go.

The desford lads were a good bunch, good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 7th October   Banter for Sunday 7th October Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 7th October
Page 1 of 1