Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter -13 January

Go down 
+32
RobThom
Desford_Athletic
Jenko
hotshot66
Katie G
bretty1
VanessaRussell
The Anchorman
Sneijder10
gattuso
dezza
Paulo
Paul Daniels
Snash
Talbotleftback
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Ricky_Bobby
bulwellian
Mivan are going up
CSKA17
scottyh
Fishandchips
Ramley_LBFC
BUSFC Zack
CSKA19Carnabys
Alsmp1
Widds
Polska legend II
Plough new boy
Hairy Hebrew!
whiteeagles
Gordon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Banter -13 January - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

bretty1 wrote:
Niffy 1st lost 7 1, we were terrible. Havin said that fosse are a well organised team and work hard for each other. Wayne has agreed to take over for now to see if he can give them a kick up the backside. 3 players again just didn't show. No excuse though,we are just not good enough

I thought you had us all over the place for the last half hour! You deserve credit for that considering the score at the time. There's no doubt we deserved the win but a mad 10 minutes after half time really killed the game. 2 enjoyable games in a row against decent groups of lads for us after Enderby last week. All the best for the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:44 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
bretty1 wrote:
Niffy 1st lost 7 1, we were terrible. Havin said that fosse are a well organised team and work hard for each other. Wayne has agreed to take over for now to see if he can give them a kick up the backside. 3 players again just didn't show. No excuse though,we are just not good enough

Fosse will be top 2 for definite. Proving all the doubters wrong from last season and showing that a good team spirit and hard work can carry you far in football. They spanked us 6-1 and that result hurt us for a long time.

i've always rated Fosse and certainly wasn't one of those knocking them last season. also knew they would more than hold their own in Div 1. i wouldn't have them down as whipping boys either if they were to go up to the Prem

Thanks for the compliments mark, you make it bloody hard to operate under the radar though! Well done on your performance mate, don't even remember you being on the pitch. Top work.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

dezza wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Thurmaston WMPC 2 - 3 ROYALE BARCABULLONA

FC Azzuri, we are coming to get youuuu!!!!!!!

I think you are with your recent results, what's sparked the turn around?

Dipped into the January transfer market to bring a few players in. Even missing a few of our most influential players today, 1 being top scorer, 1 being the skipper, so on paper could get even better you never know.

On the other hand, Fosse City, flying. I like how their victory was classed as 'routine' as well, says it all about who your nearest rivals are.

I love this post. Dezza knows we aren't a threat. Azzurri dispatched us a few weeks. We were at full strength and they were a team full of zombies first half. Barca are the team to be feared.

Also, anyone that loses to NRI doesnt deserve to be in this league, let alone challenge at the top.

Widds is not going to like that comment haha

Jimmy we see all teams as a threat, we haven't hammered anyone this season other than Kirby and nri but the score line against nri was quite harsh on them!! I agree with you though there's something about barca that worries me, plus in terms of you boys jimmy your results have proved you're capable of pulling off results when needed, plus you're consistent !! We've been ridiculously lucky in some of games mainly against foxes to get the draw! We defo didn't deserve to beat niffy and also out draw against barca

i won't get involved in this top of the table chatter. You three Will all do well in the prem next season
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

dezza wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I stand by the prediction I made pre season. Barcabullona to win Division 1.

I think they are defo capable of that, they should of beat us when they played us and are starting to go on a run!!Yesterday's result was a massive one for the whole division! Said it all season this division will be closer than other people have said

We definitely played them at the right time. Not looking forward to the return. I can see us getting a good hiding.

Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm

Jimmyb playing mind games, it's Sunday league mate not the Barclays premier league.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:16 pm

Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Dipped into the January transfer market to bring a few players in. Even missing a few of our most influential players today, 1 being top scorer, 1 being the skipper, so on paper could get even better you never know.

On the other hand, Fosse City, flying. I like how their victory was classed as 'routine' as well, says it all about who your nearest rivals are.

I love this post. Dezza knows we aren't a threat. Azzurri dispatched us a few weeks. We were at full strength and they were a team full of zombies first half. Barca are the team to be feared.

Also, anyone that loses to NRI doesnt deserve to be in this league, let alone challenge at the top.

Jimmy we see all teams as a threat, we haven't hammered anyone this season other than Kirby and nri but the score line against nri was quite harsh on them!! I agree with you though there's something about barca that worries me, plus in terms of you boys jimmy your results have proved you're capable of pulling off results when needed, plus you're consistent !! We've been ridiculously lucky in some of games mainly against foxes to get the draw! We defo didn't deserve to beat niffy and also out draw against barca

i won't get involved in this top of the table chatter. You three Will all do well in the prem next season

Azzurri won't, they'll be operating under a different name, in division 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:17 pm

Declan Swan wrote:
Jimmyb playing mind games, it's Sunday league mate not the Barclays premier league.

If you want a chat just text or ring me mate.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Sunday Vase:

Thringstone Miners 1-3 A.F.C Royal Oak

Well what an eventful morning it was yesterday! We had yet another massive trek out in the sticks. Missing several players on the day did not help but were able to welcome back 3 strong players. Preperations were not the best for the game having our manager and the kit breaking down en route to the game. So waited around whilst Thringstone got a much needed warm up as temperatures were very low.
We managed to get the game started and Thringstone put some early pressure onto us and for the first five minutes we couldnt seem to get out of our half. We then managed to break down the inside right position with Doyle running through into the penalty area before being scythed down with the referee having no option but to award us a penalty, to the fury of the home supporters. Chris Dexter was the man that stepped up and put us infront perhaps against the run of play. The next 15 mins we absolutely dominated and Thringstone seemed to crack under the pressure and it wasnt long before we was 2-0 and cruising. Dexter winning the ball back in the final third, then found Chris Love who picked out Shaun Doyle at the back stick to head us infront.
Thringstone then managed to get a lucky break and found their striker in the clear baring down on goal. He managed to get to the ball just before our keeper and seemed to run into him whilst the ball went off the pitch. The referee then immediately pointed to the spot which in fairness we expected as some refs give them, others dont. We expected maybe a yellow but the Ref pulled out a red to our keeper much to the delight of the home supporters and team. The word shocked would be an understatement but we took it on the chin. A few switches around saw Danny Maxwell taking the Keepers gloves but didnt have an awful lot to do as he saw the Thringstone player buckle under the pressure firing his Penalty over the bar!
Whilst we tried to come to terms with the new formation Thringstone did manage to get a goal tucking a mishit shot into the bottom corner. However we then hit back with a venomous strike from Chris Love.

We then went into half time and shuffled the pack around to get some balance and saw Chris Dexter then taking the gloves. We continued to create chances even with 10 men. Thringstone were left to long range shots and a few crosses which our new keeper easily cleared. The ref then gave a bizarre decision awarding yet another penalty to the home side. The ball was up in the air and our defender with eyes on the ball was waiting for the ball to come down, with a Thringstone player then running into him only to fall over. For some reason the referee then gave the penalty but again they could not take advantage with Dexter saving the shot with his feet.
Into the last ten mins our centre back was hacked from behind and reacted. Was not any violent conduct but received his 2nd yellow card and was now down to 9 men! WTF!

We finished the game off though with ease but am not happy with someone in particular. I will not comment anymore on the Referee as I now have a very long report to write against him.

Happy to be in the Semi's but seems to be every time we go to a back ward part of Leicestershire in the County Cup we have controversy, mainly caused by one person!

Hoping for White Eagles now to follow us into the Semi's! Come on Eagles!

Sounds eventful then! Well done though, who was the centre back who got sent off? Im guessing youll be appealing the sending offs?

Doesnt look likely at the moment that our match will be on this weekend if this weather persists which could mean it becoming a home tie the following week which could work in our favour. Only yourselves and Hotshots beat us there in 2012. Athletic Oadby and NKF Weavers reserves are the other two sides in the semis.

Can't appeal red cards though unless you have it on camera or is mistaken identity! So our keeper will prob miss 3 games and our centre back got two yellows so hopefully that's only a one game ban. With cup games looking like they'll be filling our fixtures for the forseeable future won't be a bad game to miss!

A trip to your place will defo swing the balance on ur favour! If our game is off I'll be popping up to watch u lot and rooting for ya!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Azzurri won't, they'll be operating under a different name, in division 2 or 3.

Haha the cheek! We will be in the prem if we get promoted don't worry! Although I do like the idea of div 2/3..............
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

What position is Doyle playing?
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Sunday Vase:

Thringstone Miners 1-3 A.F.C Royal Oak

Well what an eventful morning it was yesterday! We had yet another massive trek out in the sticks. Missing several players on the day did not help but were able to welcome back 3 strong players. Preperations were not the best for the game having our manager and the kit breaking down en route to the game. So waited around whilst Thringstone got a much needed warm up as temperatures were very low.
We managed to get the game started and Thringstone put some early pressure onto us and for the first five minutes we couldnt seem to get out of our half. We then managed to break down the inside right position with Doyle running through into the penalty area before being scythed down with the referee having no option but to award us a penalty, to the fury of the home supporters. Chris Dexter was the man that stepped up and put us infront perhaps against the run of play. The next 15 mins we absolutely dominated and Thringstone seemed to crack under the pressure and it wasnt long before we was 2-0 and cruising. Dexter winning the ball back in the final third, then found Chris Love who picked out Shaun Doyle at the back stick to head us infront.
Thringstone then managed to get a lucky break and found their striker in the clear baring down on goal. He managed to get to the ball just before our keeper and seemed to run into him whilst the ball went off the pitch. The referee then immediately pointed to the spot which in fairness we expected as some refs give them, others dont. We expected maybe a yellow but the Ref pulled out a red to our keeper much to the delight of the home supporters and team. The word shocked would be an understatement but we took it on the chin. A few switches around saw Danny Maxwell taking the Keepers gloves but didnt have an awful lot to do as he saw the Thringstone player buckle under the pressure firing his Penalty over the bar!
Whilst we tried to come to terms with the new formation Thringstone did manage to get a goal tucking a mishit shot into the bottom corner. However we then hit back with a venomous strike from Chris Love.

We then went into half time and shuffled the pack around to get some balance and saw Chris Dexter then taking the gloves. We continued to create chances even with 10 men. Thringstone were left to long range shots and a few crosses which our new keeper easily cleared. The ref then gave a bizarre decision awarding yet another penalty to the home side. The ball was up in the air and our defender with eyes on the ball was waiting for the ball to come down, with a Thringstone player then running into him only to fall over. For some reason the referee then gave the penalty but again they could not take advantage with Dexter saving the shot with his feet.
Into the last ten mins our centre back was hacked from behind and reacted. Was not any violent conduct but received his 2nd yellow card and was now down to 9 men! WTF!

We finished the game off though with ease but am not happy with someone in particular. I will not comment anymore on the Referee as I now have a very long report to write against him.

Happy to be in the Semi's but seems to be every time we go to a back ward part of Leicestershire in the County Cup we have controversy, mainly caused by one person!

Hoping for White Eagles now to follow us into the Semi's! Come on Eagles!

Sounds eventful then! Well done though, who was the centre back who got sent off? Im guessing youll be appealing the sending offs?

Doesnt look likely at the moment that our match will be on this weekend if this weather persists which could mean it becoming a home tie the following week which could work in our favour. Only yourselves and Hotshots beat us there in 2012. Athletic Oadby and NKF Weavers reserves are the other two sides in the semis.

Can't appeal red cards though unless you have it on camera or is mistaken identity! So our keeper will prob miss 3 games and our centre back got two yellows so hopefully that's only a one game ban. With cup games looking like they'll be filling our fixtures for the forseeable future won't be a bad game to miss!

A trip to your place will defo swing the balance on ur favour! If our game is off I'll be popping up to watch u lot and rooting for ya!
Haha, I thought you could appeal a straight red if the ref concurs? Also, pretty sure last man sendings off are 2 match bans nowadays, well they are in the Premiership!

Id say LK are favourites at the moment though, from what ive heard they have the experience in situations like this and were beating a LSL Prem side 1-0 for 60 minutes the other week (but lost in the end)! Really excited for this match and the draw at Birstall has hopefully been a wake up call after several players never turned up on the day but have now declared their commitment for the run in. Time to graft!
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

Footy mad wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
Hotshots P - P Desford

Bit disappointed our game was called off considering there was a game Gordon was reffing 2 pitches up. We felt the pitch was OK, 1 goal mouth was a bit firm but nothing that would have lasted very long with people running about on it, the rest of the pitch was fine. (We offered to take that end first half if they were that worried about it)

We all massively felt the majority of the Desford team (especially the manager) wanted the game called off, apparently one of our lads overheard them say something about not having a full team out. As soon as the ref hinted of calling it off they were gone.

We offered 2 other pitches and a 3G to get the game played but they were having non of it.

The ref was only a very young lad so wasn't too hard to convince.

I have a few points about this and that was that we had the exact same side as we did when we beat you in the league.
Also why would we drive all the way to Harborough and not want to play a game of Football? (for most of the team it takes nearly an hour to get there)

Would just like to add in Desfords defence,
Wasn't it our lads warming up in the six yard box in question trying to soften it up, whilst
Your team were on the half way line playing crossbar challenge in the other goal?

if standing about saying the ground is too hard is warming up, then yes you were.
yes we were playing crossbar challenge, waiting for the game to kick off as we were happy to play

dont get me wrong the vast majority of your team were keen to play, the manager/goalie and 1 or 2 others were having non of it, without even looking at the other pitch or playing 3g (which would have allowed a stud)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 8:16 am

Straight red can't be appealed and generally 3 match ban. 2 yellows generally a 1 match ban
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 8:18 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
bretty1 wrote:

Fosse will be top 2 for definite. Proving all the doubters wrong from last season and showing that a good team spirit and hard work can carry you far in football. They spanked us 6-1 and that result hurt us for a long time.

i've always rated Fosse and certainly wasn't one of those knocking them last season. also knew they would more than hold their own in Div 1. i wouldn't have them down as whipping boys either if they were to go up to the Prem

Thanks for the compliments mark, you make it bloody hard to operate under the radar though! Well done on your performance mate, don't even remember you being on the pitch. Top work.
many thanks! Always nice when 2 teams just want 2 play football. And if u want to keep under the radar stay out the top 3!!!
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

CSKA17 wrote:
See Grant McCarthy scored 2 for NK reserves today. What the hell is he doing in div7?!?! Good prem player, was was at oadby united!
dropped down to join hotshots and as soon as they got promoted to div 4 he droppped into 7 with kilworth! pot what ??
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

Jimmyb wrote:
dezza wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I stand by the prediction I made pre season. Barcabullona to win Division 1.

I think they are defo capable of that, they should of beat us when they played us and are starting to go on a run!!Yesterday's result was a massive one for the whole division! Said it all season this division will be closer than other people have said

We definitely played them at the right time. Not looking forward to the return. I can see us getting a good hiding.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we are not title contenders and we dont aspire to be. FC Azzuri may be saying they've rode their luck a bit, but the table doesn't lie, they've yet to lose a game. So on that basis, you are definately going to win the league in my opinion. If Fosse played like they did against us last time, I can't see us beating them.

2nd place is wide open. The game I'm interested in is Azzuri v Thurmaston, then we'll see whose got the credentials.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter -13 January
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3