Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter -13 January

Go down 
+32
RobThom
Desford_Athletic
Jenko
hotshot66
Katie G
bretty1
VanessaRussell
The Anchorman
Sneijder10
gattuso
dezza
Paulo
Paul Daniels
Snash
Talbotleftback
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Ricky_Bobby
bulwellian
Mivan are going up
CSKA17
scottyh
Fishandchips
Ramley_LBFC
BUSFC Zack
CSKA19Carnabys
Alsmp1
Widds
Polska legend II
Plough new boy
Hairy Hebrew!
whiteeagles
Gordon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Banter -13 January - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 8:58 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Paulo wrote:
Ladies and Gents just a quick one to say any one playing at Vicky Park just be aware of your bags and stuff. Had my bag nicked during the MJR and Wigston game- had all my possessions in- they may want another go as they got away with it today!

Well played to Dan and his lads didnt see 2nd half but always a good game against a good set of lads

Sorry to hear you didn't get it back mate, the game really lost something when you went off as you are by far their best player.

Cheers mate, was enjoying the game, playing a little out of position but always a good game against u boys. good luck for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:04 am

Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
Ladies and Gents just a quick one to say any one playing at Vicky Park just be aware of your bags and stuff. Had my bag nicked during the MJR and Wigston game- had all my possessions in- they may want another go as they got away with it today!

Well played to Dan and his lads didnt see 2nd half but always a good game against a good set of lads
Which pitch is your home pitch?

Same pitch as you mate....Dan mentioned some bloke was walking round selling kits? but we had about 6-7 lads (and ladies) on the side and no one saw a thing....my bag was the outer most one....just glad no real damage has been done

There was a guy at our game yesterday trying to sell kits in a white plastic bag, he looked a bit shifty to be fair. might be worth teams watching out if these chancers are turning up for sunday games
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 9:14 am

Sneijder10 wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

Same pitch as you mate....Dan mentioned some bloke was walking round selling kits? but we had about 6-7 lads (and ladies) on the side and no one saw a thing....my bag was the outer most one....just glad no real damage has been done

There was a guy at our game yesterday trying to sell kits in a white plastic bag, he looked a bit shifty to be fair. might be worth teams watching out if these chancers are turning up for sunday games

I personally didnt see anything....just the cheek of it really! knowing that any one of 30 odd people could have seen it. My kit bag is pretty big as well!! nevermind just hope people take note and as dont want the hassle of it to happen to others.
Back to top Go down
The Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 10:16 am

When will next weeks fixtures be released?
Back to top Go down
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 10:20 am

Niffy Reserves 1 - 6 Clarendon

1st Niffy game I've seen in a while. Good 1st half for both teams, Clarendon 2-1 up at the break. Soon as it went 3-1 it was a romp. Clarendon dominated Midfield with Niffy only seeming to have 1 centre mid (Tinny I think it was????) seemed like Niffy had 10 men as Claredon just sprayed the ball around all 2nd half.
ps: The lad that came on for Niffy - bring ur mummy next time he he.

How did Niffy 1st get on ????
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

Niffy 1st lost 7 1, we were terrible. Havin said that fosse are a well organised team and work hard for each other. Wayne has agreed to take over for now to see if he can give them a kick up the backside. 3 players again just didn't show. No excuse though,we are just not good enough
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:07 am

Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

Thats bad to hear. Weve not had any problems touchwood but we seem to get a lot of passers by who stop and watch. Not seen any kit seller either but will keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:10 am

whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

Thats bad to hear. Weve not had any problems touchwood but we seem to get a lot of passers by who stop and watch. Not seen any kit seller either but will keep an eye out.

Neither had we in all honesty... only realised when went to grab a drink at half time
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

bretty1 wrote:
Niffy 1st lost 7 1, we were terrible. Havin said that fosse are a well organised team and work hard for each other. Wayne has agreed to take over for now to see if he can give them a kick up the backside. 3 players again just didn't show. No excuse though,we are just not good enough

Fosse will be top 2 for definite. Proving all the doubters wrong from last season and showing that a good team spirit and hard work can carry you far in football. They spanked us 6-1 and that result hurt us for a long time.
Back to top Go down
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:34 am

bretty1 wrote:

You're not leaving Niffy are you? Shame cus from I have seen some good performances this season that didnt deserve the results.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 11:56 am

No i will now just be able to buy my pack of ciggies and watch whichever team are at home.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

never ceases to amaze me how many ways people will come up with to nick stuff. if it ain't nailed down...
don't many teams now bring their stuff pitchside because there was a spate of thefts from changing rooms?
is it worth getting the local beat bobbies involved and making them aware of it?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:19 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
bretty1 wrote:

Fosse will be top 2 for definite. Proving all the doubters wrong from last season and showing that a good team spirit and hard work can carry you far in football. They spanked us 6-1 and that result hurt us for a long time.

i've always rated Fosse and certainly wasn't one of those knocking them last season. also knew they would more than hold their own in Div 1. i wouldn't have them down as whipping boys either if they were to go up to the Prem
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:22 pm

bretty1 wrote:

no shame in losing to Fosse, and I thought Niffy stood up to it well first half. but conceding 3 quick goals from corners early in the second half did for them, and always the case that a team at 5-0 down always start playing!

on another note, i wish Niffy all the best and would be a bit concerned if guys like you Bretty don't want to carry on. there are too few gaffers around that commit to a club week in week out, especially when results aren't great and the season is a tough one
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:29 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

never ceases to amaze me how many ways people will come up with to nick stuff. if it ain't nailed down...
don't many teams now bring their stuff pitchside because there was a spate of thefts from changing rooms?
is it worth getting the local beat bobbies involved and making them aware of it?

We have informed the police and councill so see if i hear any more
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

the police think it was just kids but what's worrying if that had his house keys have been in there along with his wallet including driving licence, the theft can quickly turn into a house burglary. we got to the car before they had chance to take that (as remote central locking, just keep pressing unlock til you find the right car) so it's not just the case of a bag being stolen, it's everything that comes with it too which is the problem!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 1:15 pm

Yeah but if the bag is decent then that is the most annoying?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:

No £400 cost to sort everything is most annoying!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Paulo wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

No £400 cost to sort everything is most annoying!!

What? even if it's a really good bag? You know like, one with space for your boots in the bottom and a waterproof side pocket?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm

Sunday Vase:

Thringstone Miners 1-3 A.F.C Royal Oak

Well what an eventful morning it was yesterday! We had yet another massive trek out in the sticks. Missing several players on the day did not help but were able to welcome back 3 strong players. Preperations were not the best for the game having our manager and the kit breaking down en route to the game. So waited around whilst Thringstone got a much needed warm up as temperatures were very low.
We managed to get the game started and Thringstone put some early pressure onto us and for the first five minutes we couldnt seem to get out of our half. We then managed to break down the inside right position with Doyle running through into the penalty area before being scythed down with the referee having no option but to award us a penalty, to the fury of the home supporters. Chris Dexter was the man that stepped up and put us infront perhaps against the run of play. The next 15 mins we absolutely dominated and Thringstone seemed to crack under the pressure and it wasnt long before we was 2-0 and cruising. Dexter winning the ball back in the final third, then found Chris Love who picked out Shaun Doyle at the back stick to head us infront.
Thringstone then managed to get a lucky break and found their striker in the clear baring down on goal. He managed to get to the ball just before our keeper and seemed to run into him whilst the ball went off the pitch. The referee then immediately pointed to the spot which in fairness we expected as some refs give them, others dont. We expected maybe a yellow but the Ref pulled out a red to our keeper much to the delight of the home supporters and team. The word shocked would be an understatement but we took it on the chin. A few switches around saw Danny Maxwell taking the Keepers gloves but didnt have an awful lot to do as he saw the Thringstone player buckle under the pressure firing his Penalty over the bar!
Whilst we tried to come to terms with the new formation Thringstone did manage to get a goal tucking a mishit shot into the bottom corner. However we then hit back with a venomous strike from Chris Love.

We then went into half time and shuffled the pack around to get some balance and saw Chris Dexter then taking the gloves. We continued to create chances even with 10 men. Thringstone were left to long range shots and a few crosses which our new keeper easily cleared. The ref then gave a bizarre decision awarding yet another penalty to the home side. The ball was up in the air and our defender with eyes on the ball was waiting for the ball to come down, with a Thringstone player then running into him only to fall over. For some reason the referee then gave the penalty but again they could not take advantage with Dexter saving the shot with his feet.
Into the last ten mins our centre back was hacked from behind and reacted. Was not any violent conduct but received his 2nd yellow card and was now down to 9 men! WTF!

We finished the game off though with ease but am not happy with someone in particular. I will not comment anymore on the Referee as I now have a very long report to write against him.

Happy to be in the Semi's but seems to be every time we go to a back ward part of Leicestershire in the County Cup we have controversy, mainly caused by one person!

Hoping for White Eagles now to follow us into the Semi's! Come on Eagles!
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

Hotshots P - P Desford

Bit disappointed our game was called off considering there was a game Gordon was reffing 2 pitches up. We felt the pitch was OK, 1 goal mouth was a bit firm but nothing that would have lasted very long with people running about on it, the rest of the pitch was fine. (We offered to take that end first half if they were that worried about it)

We all massively felt the majority of the Desford team (especially the manager) wanted the game called off, apparently one of our lads overheard them say something about not having a full team out. As soon as the ref hinted of calling it off they were gone.

We offered 2 other pitches and a 3G to get the game played but they were having non of it.

The ref was only a very young lad so wasn't too hard to convince.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
See Grant McCarthy scored 2 for NK reserves today. What the hell is he doing in div7?!?! Good prem player, was was at oadby united!

to the best of my knowledge its to do with him having his kids Sunday, he knows them all at Kilworth from playing Saturdays with them and they can watch his little ones while he plays.

he is well above div7, when he has been to bed Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 2:42 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
See Grant McCarthy scored 2 for NK reserves today. What the hell is he doing in div7?!?! Good prem player, was was at oadby united!

to the best of my knowledge its to do with him having his kids Sunday, he knows them all at Kilworth from playing Saturdays with them and they can watch his little ones while he plays.

There is NO way grant is a good prem player though
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

on his day he will boss the middle of any pitch
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Paulo wrote:

some guy came and asked me yesterday do i wanna buy any kit we was on pitch 2 vicky park
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

I would of agreed with you 5 years ago but not now
Back to top Go down
Desford_Athletic

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
Hotshots P - P Desford

Bit disappointed our game was called off considering there was a game Gordon was reffing 2 pitches up. We felt the pitch was OK, 1 goal mouth was a bit firm but nothing that would have lasted very long with people running about on it, the rest of the pitch was fine. (We offered to take that end first half if they were that worried about it)

We all massively felt the majority of the Desford team (especially the manager) wanted the game called off, apparently one of our lads overheard them say something about not having a full team out. As soon as the ref hinted of calling it off they were gone.

We offered 2 other pitches and a 3G to get the game played but they were having non of it.

I have a few points about this and that was that we had the exact same side as we did when we beat you in the league.
Also why would we drive all the way to Harborough and not want to play a game of Football? (for most of the team it takes nearly an hour to get there)
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

centre back he still has class
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

You say that but I've seen him doing the business. Albeit at CB- I think that's his best position at that level, can boss a midfield lower down though
Back to top Go down
RobThom

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 5:47 pm

I watched the FC Azzuri v Cross keys game today as i was meant to be watching the game on the next pitch but this one was much more interesting. Just thought i would let you know that the first goal came after at least 15 minutes, you did not hit the post and finally you were not caught on the break going for the equaliser as the score went to 3-0 and you scored 5 minutes from the end!!!
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Thurmaston WMPC 2 - 3 ROYALE BARCABULLONA

FC Azzuri, we are coming to get youuuu!!!!!!!

I think you are with your recent results, what's sparked the turn around?

what happened today Dezza? Cross keys are decent but thought you might nick it

They scored after 1 min with a corner then didn't touch the ball again 1st half in which time we managed to miss a Peno, hit the post and miss an open goal! 2nd half and exactly the same thing they score off a corner in first 5 mins then we dominated got a goal and pushed more for the equalizer ad they caught us on the break! Honestly think we were by far the better side but I think we missed too many chances and were a bit complacent at times! They are an experienced side and play to their strengths! We were naive to be fair, some players let us down on the pitch one let us down by being too pissed to turn up and plus we've lost Fitzy to the army now! But that said our 11 today were still a quality 11 and should of beat them
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
Hotshots P - P Desford

I have a few points about this and that was that we had the exact same side as we did when we beat you in the league.
Also why would we drive all the way to Harborough and not want to play a game of Football? (for most of the team it takes nearly an hour to get there)

Would just like to add in Desfords defence,
Wasn't it our lads warming up in the six yard box in question trying to soften it up, whilst
Your team were on the half way line playing crossbar challenge in the other goal?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 6:07 pm

RobThom wrote:
I watched the FC Azzuri v Cross keys game today as i was meant to be watching the game on the next pitch but this one was much more interesting. Just thought i would let you know that the first goal came after at least 15 minutes, you did not hit the post and finally you were not caught on the break going for the equaliser as the score went to 3-0 and you scored 5 minutes from the end!!!
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

what happened today Dezza? Cross keys are decent but thought you might nick it

They scored after 1 min with a corner then didn't touch the ball again 1st half in which time we managed to miss a Peno, hit the post and miss an open goal! 2nd half and exactly the same thing they score off a corner in first 5 mins then we dominated got a goal and pushed more for the equalizer ad they caught us on the break! Honestly think we were by far the better side but I think we missed too many chances and were a bit complacent at times! They are an experienced side and play to their strengths! We were naive to be fair, some players let us down on the pitch one let us down by being too pissed to turn up and plus we've lost Fitzy to the army now! But that said our 11 today were still a quality 11 and should of beat them

You must be right then mate and I made it all up! It was a lot earlier than 15 mins pal and we did hit the post! Maybe wrong about it being 2 or 3-0 if so my sincere apologies but we were most definitely caught on the break for their 3rd goal as we pushed on! Think you might be cross keys on here in disguise?? Anyway not too fussed how the game panned out we lost they won nothin else really matters does it? My opinion we were by far the better team and dominated the game and had we scored Peno, and not missed a virtually open goal when he rounded te keeper it would of been different but it wasn't and we lost and we are out ! Good luck to cross keys there left mid was a quality player as was their centre back
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Sunday Vase:

Thringstone Miners 1-3 A.F.C Royal Oak

Well what an eventful morning it was yesterday! We had yet another massive trek out in the sticks. Missing several players on the day did not help but were able to welcome back 3 strong players. Preperations were not the best for the game having our manager and the kit breaking down en route to the game. So waited around whilst Thringstone got a much needed warm up as temperatures were very low.
We managed to get the game started and Thringstone put some early pressure onto us and for the first five minutes we couldnt seem to get out of our half. We then managed to break down the inside right position with Doyle running through into the penalty area before being scythed down with the referee having no option but to award us a penalty, to the fury of the home supporters. Chris Dexter was the man that stepped up and put us infront perhaps against the run of play. The next 15 mins we absolutely dominated and Thringstone seemed to crack under the pressure and it wasnt long before we was 2-0 and cruising. Dexter winning the ball back in the final third, then found Chris Love who picked out Shaun Doyle at the back stick to head us infront.
Thringstone then managed to get a lucky break and found their striker in the clear baring down on goal. He managed to get to the ball just before our keeper and seemed to run into him whilst the ball went off the pitch. The referee then immediately pointed to the spot which in fairness we expected as some refs give them, others dont. We expected maybe a yellow but the Ref pulled out a red to our keeper much to the delight of the home supporters and team. The word shocked would be an understatement but we took it on the chin. A few switches around saw Danny Maxwell taking the Keepers gloves but didnt have an awful lot to do as he saw the Thringstone player buckle under the pressure firing his Penalty over the bar!
Whilst we tried to come to terms with the new formation Thringstone did manage to get a goal tucking a mishit shot into the bottom corner. However we then hit back with a venomous strike from Chris Love.

We then went into half time and shuffled the pack around to get some balance and saw Chris Dexter then taking the gloves. We continued to create chances even with 10 men. Thringstone were left to long range shots and a few crosses which our new keeper easily cleared. The ref then gave a bizarre decision awarding yet another penalty to the home side. The ball was up in the air and our defender with eyes on the ball was waiting for the ball to come down, with a Thringstone player then running into him only to fall over. For some reason the referee then gave the penalty but again they could not take advantage with Dexter saving the shot with his feet.
Into the last ten mins our centre back was hacked from behind and reacted. Was not any violent conduct but received his 2nd yellow card and was now down to 9 men! WTF!

We finished the game off though with ease but am not happy with someone in particular. I will not comment anymore on the Referee as I now have a very long report to write against him.

Happy to be in the Semi's but seems to be every time we go to a back ward part of Leicestershire in the County Cup we have controversy, mainly caused by one person!

Hoping for White Eagles now to follow us into the Semi's! Come on Eagles!

Sounds eventful then! Well done though, who was the centre back who got sent off? Im guessing youll be appealing the sending offs?

Doesnt look likely at the moment that our match will be on this weekend if this weather persists which could mean it becoming a home tie the following week which could work in our favour. Only yourselves and Hotshots beat us there in 2012. Athletic Oadby and NKF Weavers reserves are the other two sides in the semis.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

main thing hairy u got through told u they wasnt great not sure how they beat us
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:

I stand by the prediction I made pre season. Barcabullona to win Division 1.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:18 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Dipped into the January transfer market to bring a few players in. Even missing a few of our most influential players today, 1 being top scorer, 1 being the skipper, so on paper could get even better you never know.

On the other hand, Fosse City, flying. I like how their victory was classed as 'routine' as well, says it all about who your nearest rivals are.

I love this post. Dezza knows we aren't a threat. Azzurri dispatched us a few weeks. We were at full strength and they were a team full of zombies first half. Barca are the team to be feared.

Also, anyone that loses to NRI doesnt deserve to be in this league, let alone challenge at the top.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:20 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I stand by the prediction I made pre season. Barcabullona to win Division 1.

I think they are defo capable of that, they should of beat us when they played us and are starting to go on a run!!Yesterday's result was a massive one for the whole division! Said it all season this division will be closer than other people have said
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:24 pm

gattuso wrote:
Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

centre back he still has class

Grant is a very good centre back but I wouldnt put him in a prem team atm, if he took football seriously again yes he could be well up there
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:25 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Dipped into the January transfer market to bring a few players in. Even missing a few of our most influential players today, 1 being top scorer, 1 being the skipper, so on paper could get even better you never know.

On the other hand, Fosse City, flying. I like how their victory was classed as 'routine' as well, says it all about who your nearest rivals are.

I love this post. Dezza knows we aren't a threat. Azzurri dispatched us a few weeks. We were at full strength and they were a team full of zombies first half. Barca are the team to be feared.

Also, anyone that loses to NRI doesnt deserve to be in this league, let alone challenge at the top.

Widds is not going to like that comment haha

Jimmy we see all teams as a threat, we haven't hammered anyone this season other than Kirby and nri but the score line against nri was quite harsh on them!! I agree with you though there's something about barca that worries me, plus in terms of you boys jimmy your results have proved you're capable of pulling off results when needed, plus you're consistent !! We've been ridiculously lucky in some of games mainly against foxes to get the draw! We defo didn't deserve to beat niffy and also out draw against barca
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2013, 7:26 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

You say that but I've seen him doing the business. Albeit at CB- I think that's his best position at that level, can boss a midfield lower down though

I think grant is a better cb than cm but i am sure he wont agree as he loves to try get a goal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter -13 January   Banter -13 January - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter -13 January
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next