Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 29 January

Go down 
+34
CalamityScouse
Sparta3
NiffyA
Paulo
Hairy Hebrew!
L.K.F.C
BULLIT
mickkkkkky
Pete Mourinho
Capello
riley
spartamoshdock
Skeems
CSKA17
Mivan are going up
Murney
timmy mallet
dezza
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Rwhite08
Jenko
tysmith c.n.f.c
SamEvans
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Fishandchips
Blackie
whiteeagles
hurstr2
Joey Barton
Aussie Owl
Widds
OBSERVER
Gordon
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 29 January Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

A final date at Holmes Park still a possibility?

League action too.
Back to top Go down
OBSERVER

OBSERVER

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

Here comes the freeeeeze! Really hope games get played tomorrow must be 4/5 weeks since our last game.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 8:49 pm

Me too!! Me and the boss are doing an hour drive each to pick players up....i will melt the bleeding ground to get this game played!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

Arthur Moore - Group B

Sunbury United v Thurmaston WMP 2009 - OFF
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

HT
Bees knees 0 - 1 Phoenix
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
hurstr2

hurstr2

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

Division 7
Wigston rangers 2 - 4 humberstone 2000

Gifford hatrick and veteran stu green with the other!
Tough start to the game for us,went 1 down managed to get a goal back and then our goalkeeper saved a peno and we never look back from there!
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 1:31 pm

Friar Lane 2-0 white eagles.

Massive credit to Friar Lane today who in the words of Kammy fought like beavers.

On the other hand though, im not impressed with our efforts, completely turned up with the wrong attitude some of our players did - who in their infinite thick wisdom thought we had already won before the match started, similar to our performance away at firs after they lost 16-1 to hotshots.

Massive improvement needed next week for a big match against Oak.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

MDH Knights 11 v Birstall Rangers 0

No one there from Birstall to wind the MDH boys up this year then!!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

Blackie wrote:
MDH Knights 11 v Birstall Rangers 0

No one there from Birstall to wind the MDH boys up this year then!!

No Sad we missed you Blackie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:33 pm

Kaffir 2 - 3 NRI.................yeah i cant believe how things go sometimes, i thought Kaffir should of had at least 6 to 8 penalties, i suppose Widds will say different. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

Call it 7 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

very good performance from Glenn Stewart who reffed Gutho v Polska today, well done
Back to top Go down
SamEvans

SamEvans

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

whiteeagles wrote:

Massive credit to Friar Lane today who in the words of Kammy fought like beavers.

On the other hand though, im not impressed with our efforts, completely turned up with the wrong attitude some of our players did - who in their infinite thick wisdom thought we had already won before the match started, similar to our performance away at firs after they lost 16-1 to hotshots.

Wow thats a massive win for Friar Lane and I'm glad they got it because theyre a top bunch lads. Unlucky for Eagles who seem to have very indifferent form!
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Kaffir 2 - 3 NRI.................yeah i cant believe how things go sometimes, i thought Kaffir should of had at least 6 to 8 penalties, i suppose Widds will say different. Basketball

Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:14 pm

We started the game with 10 men and were quickly behind 0-2 the second being a great finish by ty! Went down to 9 men towards the end of the 1st half due to an injury but then a player turned up at half time to put us back to 11 for the second half!

We went 0-3 down very early in the second half, after this i thought we were the better team for the last 40 mins after being out played for the first 50! We got one back on the hour from a good header and then a second on 70 mins after widds spilt a shot and the rebound was put away! I thought we could of had 1 penalty after this but it was not given! And so it finished 3-2 to NRI

Was a good game to be involved, physical but fair! Good bunch of lads at NRI and good luck for the season! I thought we might have done enough for a point!
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

NPE 2-0 little Bowden
Really hard fought game today, think we prob deserved the win but Bowden worked hard and defended really well. They have improved alot and got some experience in there now. We are not playing at are best, missing players and others carrinying Injuries. Gonna be hard next week with a few players away on top of ever growing injury list. Thanks to Bowden for great game played in good spirit.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

Jenko wrote:
We started the game with 10 men and were quickly behind 0-2 the second being a great finish by ty! Went down to 9 men towards the end of the 1st half due to an injury but then a player turned up at half time to put us back to 11 for the second half!

We went 0-3 down very early in the second half, after this i thought we were the better team for the last 40 mins after being out played for the first 50! We got one back on the hour from a good header and then a second on 70 mins after widds spilt a shot and the rebound was put away! I thought we could of had 1 penalty after this but it was not given! And so it finished 3-2 to NRI

Was a good game to be involved, physical but fair! Good bunch of lads at NRI and good luck for the season! I thought we might have done enough for a point!
thanks didn't think the ref was going to give it fair play to your lino for flagging it, even though he done 1 for a mop chop, second half a point would have been deserved for you boys.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:37 pm

Wigston Rangers 2-4 Humbo 2000

Dan Mitchell 2.

Strange one today, we were by far the better team for the first half hour. Went one nil up, Humbo replied pretty quickly. Then Sam Whatsize has missed his first penalty ever, he then pulled his groin which led to me covering at right back for 5 minutes, where they scored one of the strangest goals i've ever seen. We made 2 subs at half time then our captain pulled his hamstring after 30 seconds! Game pretty much was over for us from that point on. We completely lost our shape and we had players playing in crazy positions.

Humbo took control and grabbed 2 more goals. Fair play to them, would have been a better game for the neutral without the 2 critical injuries though. Humbo have now effectively won the title fair play to them. Giffords first one was a great finish the other 2 were a little strange though.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

Jenko wrote:

Spilled it?? Behave!! Dived to my right and saved it, then your player got the rebound. Other than that, agree with the above, very physical with lots of crunching tackles from both sides but nothing too over the top. Your captain again impressed me, very good player...

12 pennos not given!! lol!

PS can we have your barmaids down the Old Library for the rest of the season??
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

N.R.I ressies 5 v 4 saff lounge after extra time

No complaints from me about the loss today as I honestly think nri ressies played the better football for most of the game, yes we had a lot of chances but couldn't finish them. Got to say aswell nri played some quality football when they were going forward and your young lad up top was quality, widds you need to get him in your first team son, I think everyone of his goals was a pearler!!

Good luck in the next round N.R.I ressies you deserved it today
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 4:39 pm

dezza wrote:

No complaints from me about the loss today as I honestly think nri ressies played the better football for most of the game, yes we had a lot of chances but couldn't finish them. Got to say aswell nri played some quality football when they were going forward and your young lad up top was quality, widds you need to get him in your first team son, I think everyone of his goals was a pearler!!

Cheers mate, glad they put on a good performance....was it Coley who played up front? Class player, but he is with the ressies...they are on a march now!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 4:44 pm

Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:

Cheers mate, glad they put on a good performance....was it Coley who played up front? Class player, but he is with the ressies...they are on a march now!!

Not sure, I thought they called him tommy or thomo! They played some very good stuff mate
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 4:58 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:
NPE 2-0 little Bowden
Really hard fought game today, think we prob deserved the win but Bowden worked hard and defended really well. They have improved alot and got some experience in there now. We are not playing at are best, missing players and others carrinying Injuries. Gonna be hard next week with a few players away on top of ever growing injury list. Thanks to Bowden for great game played in good spirit.
I feel the weather may buy you some time mate
Back to top Go down
Murney

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:03 pm

Dezza - Yea it was Tommo, cracking goals today.
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:09 pm

Cska sporting 4 mivan 1

Our good form came to a shuddering halt today. We didn't turn up at all and never really looked like taking the points. Fair play to cska today they wanted it more than we did and were the better team on the day. Not going to moa n though, we have been in great form of late and can't fault the lads for there performances over recent weeks.

Was just a bad day at the office and I know we will bounce back.

Mivan scorer :
scott Pestall
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

SamEvans wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

Wow thats a massive win for Friar Lane and I'm glad they got it because theyre a top bunch lads. Unlucky for Eagles who seem to have very indifferent form!
great result for friar lane, well done! Not good for eagles prob worst result to date just hope they can pull together an get a result at royal oak next week, even without the outstanding mike rice at centre back.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm

Global 2-0 CSKA Carnabys Reserves

Disappointing result again today, played global 2 weeks on the bounce now and two pretty close games. Sure they will cite a few missed chances today, but was a good game that could have gone either way at the hour mark, but then 2 goals in 2 minutes left us chasing the game, Global looked after the ball well though, and despite a few attacks not too many great chances for us.

Good luck to Global, good bunch of lads. Thought todays ref was excellent too, makes a difference to all the players when you get a ref like that who talks to the players rather than waving you away.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Sparta Moshdock 4-2 Magna 73 Rangers

This was a dead rubber with us having already qualified top of the group and Moshdock already out. That said it was avery competitive game but a fair one. I had to wear the gloves today - my first appearance of the season - and we were down to bare bones with a few missing, this said I though we played very well.

We did our usual and didnt turn up for the first 30 minutes and Moshdock were creating chances at will, the first goal was poor defending and Mark Preston nipped in and scored, Aaron Preston's goal was a good ball over the top which he raced onto and lashed it into the bottom corner - again I had no chance.

Then out of nowhere Bainesy struck a wonder goal to pull one back and we seemed to gain confidence from that and ended the half the better side. Then we kicked off for the 2nd half and within 9 seconds Tom Cartwright levelled it up at 2-2.

From then we should have gone on to win it but Moshdock were the better side, the right midfielder Josh Richards pulled out a great finish for the 3rd and then Mark Preston added his 2nd with a free header at the backpost which again is poor defending.

Still, were into the Quarters where we will play Sunbury United at home.

What happened with FC Hoskins, I fully expected them to get through, very surprised when that result came through.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

Two surprise results today for Hoskins and their Ressies. Surprised at them knocking out Reem Team....
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

Quote :
Two surprise results today for Hoskins and their Ressies. Surprised at them knocking out Reem Team....

And your Ressies, I thought you both deserved the headlines. That Kieron Thomson is some find pal, 7 goals in 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

And your Ressies, I thought you both deserved the headlines. That Kieron Thomson is some find pal, 7 goals in 2 games.

Callum's a good goalkeeper too.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:15 pm

Widds wrote:

I'm surprised you've still not made Tyrone change his username..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:18 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Certainly is, thats all downt to the Ressies management who brought him in. Not seen him play yet, but cant argue with the stats. Hoping their will some silverware at the club one way or another this season!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:21 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

I'm surprised you've still not made Tyrone change his username..... Wink

Haha who knows, maybe one day!!

He still has his duties as a Crows Nest players, but i am sure Malc would be delighted to have him on board full time.

His finish today was top drawer, smashed top corner.

Also, played in same team as Ty a few years ago, and forgot how good he is on the ball and how much work he put in for the team. With him and Earl back after his 12 year suspension, its like getting a couple of new players!!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
We did our usual and didnt turn up for the first 30 minutes and Moshdock were creating chances at will, the first goal was poor defending and Mark Preston nipped in and scored, Aaron Preston's goal was a good ball over the top which he raced onto and lashed it into the bottom corner - again I had no chance.

Then out of nowhere Bainesy struck a wonder goal to pull one back and we seemed to gain confidence from that and ended the half the better side. Then we kicked off for the 2nd half and within 9 seconds Tom Cartwright levelled it up at 2-2.

From then we should have gone on to win it but Moshdock were the better side, the right midfielder Josh Richards pulled out a great finish for the 3rd and then Mark Preston added his 2nd with a free header at the backpost which again is poor defending.

Still, were into the Quarters where we will play Sunbury United at home.

What happened with FC Hoskins, I fully expected them to get through, very surprised when that result came through.

Couldn't agree more with what you've said mate. Though for a meaningless game it was pretty decent and both teams really wanted the win. We were the better team early on but like you said you came back into it strongly.

I think in previous seasons we would have collapsed when you got your 2nd but we are pretty confident at the minute and managed to nick a couple more goals.

Just for the record, it was Josh Richards with the header and Mark Preston with the great finish.

Cheers to Magna for another good battle.....Look forward to the league fixture!
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 7:05 pm

hat and beaver 3 firs 2

thought hat and beaver passed the ball about really well and deserved to be leading at half time! 2 sloppy goals from are view tho and the first was a quality goal!

2nd half we dominated it think they only had 1 shot on target and that was from me which the keeper saved brilliantly

came close to an equaliser hit the bar and there keeper made an awesome save near the end.

if we cut the sloppy goals out we should start picking points up
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

timmy mallet wrote:
SamEvans wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

great result for friar lane, well done! Not good for eagles prob worst result to date just hope they can pull together an get a result at royal oak next week, even without the outstanding mike rice at centre back.
Friar Lane were fantastic today, battled for everything, scored 2 goals from 2 chances first half and apart from a last minute penalty save they didnt show much up front with Ricey and our other centre half doing a very good job, but they out ran us in midfield and up front and were so committed. I think they can pull off another couple of wins before the end of the season because they have a great attitude and give 110% all game. As Sam says, were inconsistent, lost only 2 in our last 9 which were against firs and Friar Lane! Were a bit like Leicester, raise our games for the big games but get done over by the teams lower in the table. Our match will be very interesting against Oak next week!!
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Jenko wrote:

thanks didn't think the ref was going to give it fair play to your lino for flagging it, even though he done 1 for a mop chop, second half a point would have been deserved for you boys.

That is the worse excuse to leave a football match i have ever heard in my life!
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

Widds wrote:
Jenko wrote:

Spilled it?? Behave!! Dived to my right and saved it, then your player got the rebound. Other than that, agree with the above, very physical with lots of crunching tackles from both sides but nothing too over the top. Your captain again impressed me, very good player...

12 pennos not given!! lol!

PS can we have your barmaids down the Old Library for the rest of the season??

Haha didnt take much for a bite there Widds lol

Yes our captain is a very good player

No I like our barmaids as they are thanks haha
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Leicester Foxes 5-2 Epworth EW Foster
we went into the game today on a good run of form winning our last 6 games on the bounce but had the feeling that Epworth would be a good test for us. Both us and epworth i believe were missing players today as they only had a sub get kitted up at half time and we had 4 good players out but the game began. Foxes started of in normal fashion, Bombard the opposition and look for a quick goal. Sam Craig slotted in a lovely free kick for the foxes to put us 1-0up and that was followed by what can only be called a fifaesque run by ryan charles, Smashing the ball into the back of the net, throw in a goal by jake wain and booosh 3-0 at. Half time with not too many problems being caused by the epworth lads. Second half commenced and all was going well but epworth nicked a scrappy goal and got some believe back. Jake Wain had other ideas though as he latched on to a Ben Trinder through ball and cooly rounded the keeper to make it 4-2. Again epworth rallied and fair play created a few opening for themselves and found the net bulge when a big "H" lookalike smashed one in. It was now squeeky bumtime for tge foxes as epworth started believing and rightly so they had started to cause problems with their direct play but just as they were Sam Craig danced past a couple of challenges and smashed a lovely 30 Yarder.. Ft 5-2.
Would like to wish the epworth lads all the epworth lads all the best for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 29 January   Banter for Sunday 29 January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 29 January
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next