Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 16 December

Go down 
+25
allroads1
johnmeode
MonkeyBoy
Skeems
Paul Daniels
lbennett86
bretty1
VanessaRussell
Paulo
hotshot66
o.f.c
gattuso
dezza
Hairy Hebrew!
L.K.F.C
Sparta3
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Jimmyb
Sneijder10
Widds
whiteeagles
Capello
mowmacre fc
Gordon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:31 pm

Yep, my bad Widds, WCB only need a point to secure a Quarter Final against................wait for it.............FC AZZURRI. Match sponsored by Acapella!!!

The 2 tackles your on about Paul Daniels, were out of order and he was very lucky not to see red, he was told at half time.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:44 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
The 2 tackles your on about Paul Daniels, were out of order and he was very lucky not to see red, he was told at half time.

Ok. Glad we weren't the only ones that thought that. Anyway we'll leave it at that.

Hopefully you'll get the result you need to get to the quarters and all the best in the Prem this season.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

Cheers pal, I think the Arthur Moore is a long shot and to win the Premier will be very hard work. For some reason we seem to only turn it on in the Premier Cup with the 3 wins in that so far, easily our best 3 performances of the season.

Good luck for the rest of the season to you fellas, with performances like that you will climb the table.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 4:17 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Yep, my bad Widds, WCB only need a point to secure a Quarter Final against................wait for it.............FC AZZURRI. Match sponsored by Acapella!!!

Us v car breakers would be a juicy tie!!!!! Accapellas doesn't affect us my lads don't go there lol would be some rivalry in that game though
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 4:32 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Fairfield 1 Polska 5

Tremendous result for us, possibly will prove to be our best result of the season, and a welcome boost after losing 3 points due to Saff Lounge debacle. Pitch was not great, but as the cliche goes, same for both sides. We raced into a 2-0 lead after 10 minutes, and played some great football in the conditions to make it 4-0 on 44 minutes, before Jake Wain pulled one back seconds before half time to make it 4-1.

Second half, Fairfield came at us with all guns blazing, but eventually we weathered the storm. Thought a combination of us having our strongest defence on pitch, plus a bit too many predictable long balls from Fairfield helped us. Fairfield perhaps needed to be a bit more direct, and a lot of their attacking play was picking out their excellent winger on the left who was top class. Felt the win was even more well achieved when we went down to 10 men on 72 minutes for a red card for retaliation. The ball kept coming back at us every time we tried to play it forward, but a great team work ethic saw us through.

Felt Fairfield possibly took us lightly, although their keeper suggested it was game over at 10.30 as they came out and hadn't even put the posts up yet. Take nothing away from them they didn't stop playing and are a good side and will not lose too many games between now and the end of the season, and we could never relax for one minute despite the scoreline, but all in all a great result for us and a deserved 3 points.

A word for John Farrell, he was absolutely superb, and nearly called the game off at half time, but neither side seemed too worried it carried on (obviously we wouldn't be!) but his communication was fantastic and the best ref we have had this season.

Great result Polska. Can't believe you played though. We played them last week at theirs and the pitch was a mess. It was frozen the week before so called off, then we turned up and it was like a bog, my boot came off in warm up, and by the end of the game it was ruined. I didn't think it would have another game for weeks. We're playing there next week, how was the pitch after your game? Playable at all? Dunno what the weather's looking like this week.
to be fair the pitch was atrocious yesterday but it was pretty much a case of both sides just wanting to get on with it
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 6:08 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Fairfield 1 Polska 5

Tremendous result for us, possibly will prove to be our best result of the season, and a welcome boost after losing 3 points due to Saff Lounge debacle. Pitch was not great, but as the cliche goes, same for both sides. We raced into a 2-0 lead after 10 minutes, and played some great football in the conditions to make it 4-0 on 44 minutes, before Jake Wain pulled one back seconds before half time to make it 4-1.

Second half, Fairfield came at us with all guns blazing, but eventually we weathered the storm. Thought a combination of us having our strongest defence on pitch, plus a bit too many predictable long balls from Fairfield helped us. Fairfield perhaps needed to be a bit more direct, and a lot of their attacking play was picking out their excellent winger on the left who was top class. Felt the win was even more well achieved when we went down to 10 men on 72 minutes for a red card for retaliation. The ball kept coming back at us every time we tried to play it forward, but a great team work ethic saw us through.

Felt Fairfield possibly took us lightly, although their keeper suggested it was game over at 10.30 as they came out and hadn't even put the posts up yet. Take nothing away from them they didn't stop playing and are a good side and will not lose too many games between now and the end of the season, and we could never relax for one minute despite the scoreline, but all in all a great result for us and a deserved 3 points.

A word for John Farrell, he was absolutely superb, and nearly called the game off at half time, but neither side seemed too worried it carried on (obviously we wouldn't be!) but his communication was fantastic and the best ref we have had this season.

Agree with pretty much most of this, We had a few problems in the morning and it was all very rushed before the game, we had a few players out, the players we had out included Mitch Warner, Tom Orton, Joe Latham, Sam Taylor and Toby Warner and we had to play our manager in goal and our assistant out of position in centre mid ( he still hadnt been sleep from the night before!) Missing players of that calibre is always going to hurt but I don't want to make excuses.

Polska wanted it more, they are a good side with excellent team spirit and they thoroughly deserved to win the game, we still had a strong team out on paper including the excellent winger Mark spoke of Callum Earls.

My only critisism of Polska is the way the react to tackles, they often go down screaming and rolling around on nothing challenges, and then they had a lad sent off for punching our 18 year old left back after a bit of shirt pulling. The big tall lad up top also asked the ref on more than one occasion to get his book out, which I hate to hear. Sportsmanship could certainly improve.

Agree with Mark about the pitch and the ref also, the pitch was not great at the start and by half time the ball wouldnt roll through the centre circle. It was an absolute Bog. The ref, who was excellent, almost called it off, but I'm glad he didnt. It would have been an injustice to Polska who had built up a good lead.

Overall Polska wanted it more and handled the conditions better than we did and thoroughly deserved the win on the day. Looking forward to the return match later in the season.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm

cheers Lee all the best for the rest of the season. its a cultural thing I think, a few on here have commented on the Polish lads having the odd roll on the floor after being fouled. I am used to it by now but if you watch any teams on the continent or the rest of Europe they all tend to do it. I don't think it happens with English players and it makes the fouls look worse than they are, but as I said last season a foul is a foul. They did get caught a fair few times (hence your number 7 being booked early on because it was the third foul) but I accept it does wind a few up when it happens. if they were going down without being touched then I would be annoyed but I think most of the times the lads were caught.

Callum Earls was excellent - where did he come from? He'd waltz in any Div 2 side and would like to see what he could do at a higher level. Him and Jake Wain will tear teams apart for fun.

The ref was very close to calling it off but fair play to your guys at 4-1 down at half time they could have pulled a few strokes to influence him but you lot just wanted to keep playing. Think if it had been 1-0 or 1-1 it would have been abandoned. I felt although we played well and wanted it, it was a golden opportunity for us yesterday because after going 4-0 up we sensed it might be our day!

Our lad that got sent off is one of the quietest lads in the team and apologised afterwards, I guess it was just red mist but its those reactions that cost players a lot of money! Good bunch of lads at Fairfield and was a very hospitable away game for us
Back to top Go down
allroads1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 7:58 am

Regarding Callum Earls - I know Oadby Town have recently signed him from Spalding United.

Saw him make his debut last Saturday (8th December) @ Eynesbury Rovers and played at left back.
Back to top Go down
http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 8:36 am

Well I hope he hasn't gone there thinking he's going to get paid. That's why a few of them have left already.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm

hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA Carnabys 3 -1 Hotshots

we started really really slowly today, we were shocking from the off to be fair.
They took the lead from the spot, no idea how the ref could give a peno from it when both attacker and defender hit the ball at the same time, the first of some great decisions by him today. we were lucky to get back on terms before the break with a goal direct from a corner.

second half we were much better, within seconds of the restart we were clean through but the ref gave offside, even though their defender played the ball back, but according to the ref it was accidental, so he was offside? classic.

then we conceeded another penalty, granted if the lad hadn't of fell over a few feet before making contact with the defender, it would have been a stone wall pen, guess he was just trying to save himself injury or something?

they popped in a third minutes later, rebound falling perfectly to be lashed home.

we rallied well and put them under some pressure, they went down to 10 when a player got a second yellow, from where i was standing it was in the box all day long but ref thought otherwise. just wasn't meant to be today, i understand reffing is a hard job but i don't think knowing the rules of the game and being consistent are too much to ask for.

2 professional fouls clearly preventing goalscoring opportunities and you end the game still with 11 men? I think you had a fair share of the luck.
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

professional fouls???lol alright gareth bale, whatever son
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

CSKA Carnabys wrote:
hotshot66 wrote:
CSKA Carnabys 3 -1 Hotshots

we started really really slowly today, we were shocking from the off to be fair.
They took the lead from the spot, no idea how the ref could give a peno from it when both attacker and defender hit the ball at the same time, the first of some great decisions by him today. we were lucky to get back on terms before the break with a goal direct from a corner.

second half we were much better, within seconds of the restart we were clean through but the ref gave offside, even though their defender played the ball back, but according to the ref it was accidental, so he was offside? classic.

then we conceeded another penalty, granted if the lad hadn't of fell over a few feet before making contact with the defender, it would have been a stone wall pen, guess he was just trying to save himself injury or something?

they popped in a third minutes later, rebound falling perfectly to be lashed home.

we rallied well and put them under some pressure, they went down to 10 when a player got a second yellow, from where i was standing it was in the box all day long but ref thought otherwise. just wasn't meant to be today, i understand reffing is a hard job but i don't think knowing the rules of the game and being consistent are too much to ask for.

2 professional fouls clearly preventing goalscoring opportunities and you end the game still with 11 men? I think you had a fair share of the luck.

like it says in the report, the first we both won the ball, i know for a fact as i was the closest player there and the one who touched the ball!
and a player running away from goal (first one) isnt a goal scoring opportunity
second like i say, would have been a stone wall peno, had he not fell over before getting to the challenge.

care to point out our luck? you getting a man sent off wasn't luck, they were the 2 worst challenges of the game by a long shot

bit of a shame too when we try and talk the ref out of booking your players, and you plead with the ref to book ours. oh well.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

i read the first report and decided not to comment as i agreed with some points and can understand some of your disappointment. it was a back pass as i played it and was 50/50 myself on the first peno. thing is, 2nd one was a stonewall, the player in question jumped the first tackle, and was unable to jump the 2nd tackle as it came in but he caught him, so a foul is a foul. why would he dive 8 yards from goal? yes the 2 tackles were late, granted, but your lads were calling for a booking for all 3 of our bookings which is why i argued with the ref and nearly got booked myself. your lad called for a booking for our bloke kicking the ball away yet your forward had done the same thing 5 mins earlier which we never appealed for? the ref wasn't going to book our player for his 2nd yellow until 3 of your team ran at him complaining it was a booking? we could complain about some of the offside calls, but that is part and parcel of Sunday footy, but my opinion is not necessarily shared by my team mates.

we never called for bookings even thou we were awarded 2 penalties which to me says that the ref knew it was a foul and so should this have been punished? if you want to be picky, the 2nd stopped a goal scoring opportunity so should this be a red?

don't want this getting silly, everyone see's the game in there own way. it was nice to get a win under our belts again. don't let it turn sour hotshots as it wasn't that kind of game.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:41 am

im not sour at all with your lads mate, you are a good bunch - not really sour at the result as we (especially first half) were pathetic and didn't deserve anything.

just extremely annoying when your having one of them days like we were, it gets topped off with the ref being ridiculous on his little power trip and not even following the laws of the game.
the back pass thing really took the wind out of our sales, it would have put us 2-1 up and made for a much different second half, but i guess as it was an accidental back pass, he must be offside :/

Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

ha ha quality. when he gave it i had to walk away very quickly as i was sooo embarrassed by the descision. it was prob worst call this season so far.

good luck for the rest of the season pal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 16 December
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2