Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 16 December

Go down 
+25
allroads1
johnmeode
MonkeyBoy
Skeems
Paul Daniels
lbennett86
bretty1
VanessaRussell
Paulo
hotshot66
o.f.c
gattuso
dezza
Hairy Hebrew!
L.K.F.C
Sparta3
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Jimmyb
Sneijder10
Widds
whiteeagles
Capello
mowmacre fc
Gordon
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter -  16 December Empty
PostSubject: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 5:54 pm

Have your say on the action

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 11:58 am

Waterlogged pitch watched addis
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

Superfly 8 AC Wigston 3

The game was competitive for the first 45 minutes superfly ending the half 3-2 up.
As soon as the second half started superfly started to get going and picked out killer balls and the game was over as we found ourselves 6 -2 up within 15 minutes. Ac wigston are a good set of lads who have quality and hopefully things will get better for them.

Jay heightons a greedy tw#t.
Special mention this week goes to the cow at bees knees who had no problem with me playing the bandit but id'd me for a drink, cheers.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

Will there be games scheduled for the 30th?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

Lost 6-3 to Leicester Foxes today.

Bit of a Sunday morning shambles with getting pisshead there but all good fun to be fair!! We went 1-0 down after a very dubious penalty where our defender went to kick the ball, as he swung his leg, missed it, the ball then bounced up and hit his hand behind his back! Hands kept down and had no idea about it. Then another light penno and a mistake at the back and we were 3-0 down. The Foxes forwards were sound lads and are quality - Shuter or something and another lad too. Eventually went in at half time 4-1. Second half we sobered up a bit and came back to lose 6-3. Mistake on my part for one goal,although none of us were really on it today. Still thought we deserved something...

Didn't get the rub of the green with decisions today, couple of penalties we should have had thrown in the mix...but thats footie for ya!!
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:42 pm

Humbo 2-0 Pochin

good footballing game today from both sides, on the balance could of gone either way, finishing chances was crucial. big chance for avossa at 0-0 should of put us in the lead and perhaps the complexion of the game.

impressed with the humbo lads, good bunch, play in the right way, some really good team players, Nice to see my old mate Joe Geary taking balls out of the sky for fun still! was impressed with the lad Lee on the left aswell.

For us we just have to keep plugging away, tough game away next week, so improvements needed!

Cheers to Humbo for a good game
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

Azzurri 4 - 2 Fosse

Felt we were a little unlucky today. Both teams were down to the bare bones but we should really have been out of sight by the time Azzurri woke up and started playing after half hour or so. Went in at half time at 1-1 after creating 5 or 6 excellent chances and limiting Azzurri largely to shots from 25 yards.

2nd half Azzurri upped their game and we put very few meaningful passes together. Managed to nick a goal to go 2-1 up but it was short lived and once the equaliser was scored it was just a case of how many.

See you next week.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

did declan swan get his 10 mins off the bench?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

We were so desperate for players that he had to play a full 90.

Think he's made friends with me now after I laid one on a plate for him.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:37 pm

whiteeagles wrote:

yes unless you advised James many weeks ago you wanted to play on the 23rd instead. Clubs were given the choice
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:45 pm

Fairfield 1 Polska 5

Tremendous result for us, possibly will prove to be our best result of the season, and a welcome boost after losing 3 points due to Saff Lounge debacle. Pitch was not great, but as the cliche goes, same for both sides. We raced into a 2-0 lead after 10 minutes, and played some great football in the conditions to make it 4-0 on 44 minutes, before Jake Wain pulled one back seconds before half time to make it 4-1.

Second half, Fairfield came at us with all guns blazing, but eventually we weathered the storm. Thought a combination of us having our strongest defence on pitch, plus a bit too many predictable long balls from Fairfield helped us. Fairfield perhaps needed to be a bit more direct, and a lot of their attacking play was picking out their excellent winger on the left who was top class. Felt the win was even more well achieved when we went down to 10 men on 72 minutes for a red card for retaliation. The ball kept coming back at us every time we tried to play it forward, but a great team work ethic saw us through.

Felt Fairfield possibly took us lightly, although their keeper suggested it was game over at 10.30 as they came out and hadn't even put the posts up yet. Take nothing away from them they didn't stop playing and are a good side and will not lose too many games between now and the end of the season, and we could never relax for one minute despite the scoreline, but all in all a great result for us and a deserved 3 points.

A word for John Farrell, he was absolutely superb, and nearly called the game off at half time, but neither side seemed too worried it carried on (obviously we wouldn't be!) but his communication was fantastic and the best ref we have had this season.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 3:52 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

yes unless you advised James many weeks ago you wanted to play on the 23rd instead. Clubs were given the choice

I seem to remember that a full schedule would be arranged for 23rd but teams had the choice whether they were available for the 30th.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:02 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Fairfield 1 Polska 5

Tremendous result for us, possibly will prove to be our best result of the season, and a welcome boost after losing 3 points due to Saff Lounge debacle. Pitch was not great, but as the cliche goes, same for both sides. We raced into a 2-0 lead after 10 minutes, and played some great football in the conditions to make it 4-0 on 44 minutes, before Jake Wain pulled one back seconds before half time to make it 4-1.

Second half, Fairfield came at us with all guns blazing, but eventually we weathered the storm. Thought a combination of us having our strongest defence on pitch, plus a bit too many predictable long balls from Fairfield helped us. Fairfield perhaps needed to be a bit more direct, and a lot of their attacking play was picking out their excellent winger on the left who was top class. Felt the win was even more well achieved when we went down to 10 men on 72 minutes for a red card for retaliation. The ball kept coming back at us every time we tried to play it forward, but a great team work ethic saw us through.

Felt Fairfield possibly took us lightly, although their keeper suggested it was game over at 10.30 as they came out and hadn't even put the posts up yet. Take nothing away from them they didn't stop playing and are a good side and will not lose too many games between now and the end of the season, and we could never relax for one minute despite the scoreline, but all in all a great result for us and a deserved 3 points.

A word for John Farrell, he was absolutely superb, and nearly called the game off at half time, but neither side seemed too worried it carried on (obviously we wouldn't be!) but his communication was fantastic and the best ref we have had this season.

A great result for your lads!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:14 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

I seem to remember that a full schedule would be arranged for 23rd but teams had the choice whether they were available for the 30th.

That's what I remember! Surely not many up for the 30th?? We would but our squad have decided to travel the country doing family stuff! Priorities!!!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:20 pm

I thought you had to volunteer for a game on the 30th
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:24 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Azzurri 4 - 2 Fosse

Felt we were a little unlucky today. Both teams were down to the bare bones but we should really have been out of sight by the time Azzurri woke up and started playing after half hour or so. Went in at half time at 1-1 after creating 5 or 6 excellent chances and limiting Azzurri largely to shots from 25 yards.

2nd half Azzurri upped their game and we put very few meaningful passes together. Managed to nick a goal to go 2-1 up but it was short lived and once the equaliser was scored it was just a case of how many.

See you next week.

I caught the last half hour of the game today! In which I thought we looked the better side however our manager told me you boys were very good in the first half and we couldn't really get to grips with you! All in all a good game I'm led to believe and like I say I'm told we were lucky to get the 3 points!

See you in the league next week
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm

Good result for superfly today, ben (capello) and jay working well together, think there is alot more to come from us
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Group c
What happens if prem sports beat oscars 3-1.
Have a look it'll end up 3points each scored 6 conceded 8.
Will oscars go through on head to head ??!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 5:56 pm

presumably yes
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

Good job it won't finish 3-1 then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 6:00 pm

gattuso wrote:
Good result for superfly today, ben (capello) and jay working well together, think there is alot more to come from us

Second half we were just too brutal!
Back to top Go down
o.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

So has long has we don't loose by nomore than 2 goals were in the quarters??
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

CSKA Carnabys 3 -1 Hotshots

we started really really slowly today, we were shocking from the off to be fair.
They took the lead from the spot, no idea how the ref could give a peno from it when both attacker and defender hit the ball at the same time, the first of some great decisions by him today. we were lucky to get back on terms before the break with a goal direct from a corner.

second half we were much better, within seconds of the restart we were clean through but the ref gave offside, even though their defender played the ball back, but according to the ref it was accidental, so he was offside? classic.

then we conceeded another penalty, granted if the lad hadn't of fell over a few feet before making contact with the defender, it would have been a stone wall pen, guess he was just trying to save himself injury or something?

they popped in a third minutes later, rebound falling perfectly to be lashed home.

we rallied well and put them under some pressure, they went down to 10 when a player got a second yellow, from where i was standing it was in the box all day long but ref thought otherwise. just wasn't meant to be today, i understand reffing is a hard job but i don't think knowing the rules of the game and being consistent are too much to ask for.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 6:47 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

That's what I remember! Surely not many up for the 30th?? We would but our squad have decided to travel the country doing family stuff! Priorities!!!!
Ahh right, not sure what our Secretary has said then. Would be hoping that we have something scheduled as we still have 15 league games to get through and we're still in the Billy Walton and County Cup! Fixture pile up could become ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

o.f.c wrote:
So has long has we don't loose by nomore than 2 goals were in the quarters??
Yes unless u lose 2-0. Then star have scored more but I don't know how league will decide.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:

This is what was actually said in Fixture Booklet 3, sent to all Club Secretaries in late October

'Christmas / New Year 2012;

A full fixture schedule will be organised for Sunday 23rd December 2012.

Games for Sunday 30th December 2012 will be subject to team and pitch availability.

Please e-­‐mail James (jamesshephard@kitsonsthermal.co.uk) now if you would like a game.'
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

MJR 2- 8 LBT

Well we took the lead, with a good free kick then some naive defending from us gave LBT the impeteus to press us into more mistakes which took the game away from us. LBT were a good set of lads and took advantage of the space and time we gave them. Will Gonga and Tom Reid were the stars really, destroyed us, and some of their finishing and link up play in what can only be described as a bog was way way beyond Division 5.

Hope MJR continue to improve- I have no doubt their second season will be a lot stronger

Also very very well reffed by a young guy Lawrence Kimberely- was a little worried when he turned up but hands up he did a fantastic job and joined in a bit of banter towards the end- hope to have him again
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 9:28 am

How did Niffy 1st do? Watched ressies, who lost 5-3, bit harsh on the ref for showing a young Niffy player a straight red for swearing. A caution would of been enough !!!
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 9:38 am

Niffy 1st got hammered 8 1 against wigston car breakers, already out the comp so just had a laugh. They r good though. Young Glyn is gutted at bein sent off, he says he didn't swear but so would anyone I suppose. Amazed when I heard it was him, he doesn't even talk in the pub. Harsh lesson learned
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 10:16 am

Paulo wrote:
MJR 2- 8 LBT

Well we took the lead, with a good free kick then some naive defending from us gave LBT the impeteus to press us into more mistakes which took the game away from us. LBT were a good set of lads and took advantage of the space and time we gave them. Will Gonga and Tom Reid were the stars really, destroyed us, and some of their finishing and link up play in what can only be described as a bog was way way beyond Division 5.

Hope MJR continue to improve- I have no doubt their second season will be a lot stronger

Also very very well reffed by a young guy Lawrence Kimberely- was a little worried when he turned up but hands up he did a fantastic job and joined in a bit of banter towards the end- hope to have him again

good review there paulo, i watched from the sidelines but still enjoyed it! Lawrence had a great game, all decisions he made were right and he tried to let play go as much as possible, top lad. you have a good set of lads n i think you will build well on this season and be very good next! all the best for the rest of the season! Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

Royale Barca 2 - 3 Star & Garter

Just wondering what S & G secs report on this game would be?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

Firstly, I thought you guys were excellent, well organised outfit.

We were sluggish and didn't really get going but we just had enough. Your 2 goals were excellent especially the first, that side footed volley from 25 yards out which flew in the top corner.

Your goalkeeper is excellent and made some terrific saves.

That goal you scored with the last kick of the game will kill us as we needed to win by 2 goals to have any hope, now we need Prem to win by 2 goals.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:10 pm

Just read the write up and it states that we need WCB not to win against Thurmaston, but WCB have a better goal difference...can someone clarify? Is Arthur Moore not based on goal difference if two teams have the same points? Or is it based on head to head games?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Firstly, I thought you guys were excellent, well organised outfit.

We were sluggish and didn't really get going but we just had enough. Your 2 goals were excellent especially the first, that side footed volley from 25 yards out which flew in the top corner.

Your goalkeeper is excellent and made some terrific saves.

That goal you scored with the last kick of the game will kill us as we needed to win by 2 goals to have any hope, now we need Prem to win by 2 goals.

Cheers for that. That was probably the best side we've had out in the Arthur Moore. Unfortunately for you we didnt' have anywhere near that starting 11 against Prem or Oscars, although we managed to beat Oscars which was pretty funny. Not that we got anything from this game, but we would of affected the league table more if we'd of had that side against Prem and Oscars I'm sure.

We were pretty happy with the result in a way. We knew you'd have the majority of the possession and we'd need to defend a lot but we thought we defended really well.

The only thing I will say, and I know you know I'm going to bring it up, what on earth were those 2 tackles about by your striker in the first half?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

Glad Barcabullona are coming into good playing form in time for our rematch...bollox
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm really annoyed with you widds
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 2:52 pm

Yeah really good form, lost our last 2 against top of prem and bottom of Div 1....hmmm
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:06 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Fairfield 1 Polska 5

Great result Polska. Can't believe you played though. We played them last week at theirs and the pitch was a mess. It was frozen the week before so called off, then we turned up and it was like a bog, my boot came off in warm up, and by the end of the game it was ruined. I didn't think it would have another game for weeks. We're playing there next week, how was the pitch after your game? Playable at all? Dunno what the weather's looking like this week.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:23 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Yeah really good form, lost our last 2 against top of prem and bottom of Div 1....hmmm

Haha that's why i said playing form. From what i have seen on here your playing levels have risen recently.

Dezza, got to rely on Thurmaston now!
Back to top Go down
VanessaRussell

VanessaRussell

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 3:29 pm

bretty1 wrote:
Niffy 1st got hammered 8 1 against wigston car breakers, already out the comp so just had a laugh. They r good though. Young Glyn is gutted at bein sent off, he says he didn't swear but so would anyone I suppose. Amazed when I heard it was him, he doesn't even talk in the pub. Harsh lesson learned

Will you ever get handed an easy game? I assume it was a cup then. I'm going to ask Santa to send you a striker as I think that is ONLY where you are lacking Bretty.
I actually felt for Glyn as he looked gone out, and yeah seemed the innocent type. Poor kid barely touched the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 16 December   Banter -  16 December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 16 December
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next