Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 31 March

Go down 
+20
driver666
Glenfield Town
King Kong
johnmeode
Hairy Hebrew!
THE MAGICIAN
funtime frankie
Skeems
SerialStalker
g72
allroads1
whiteeagles
Paulo
scottyh
Blackie
spartamoshdock
Plough new boy
Widds
Hellboy
Gordon
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 31 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 11:25 am

Who forgot about the clocks going forward and kicked off late?

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 1:04 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Thurmaston 6 hotshots 1, shld of been more

What happened to hotshots, did they forget to oil their feathers, quack quack oops....i'll send the bill round.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 1:16 pm

Drew 3 all with Enderby. They went 2 up then we went 3-2 up. Great game to be involved in football wise. Big shout out to one of our players who dislocated his knee.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

Plough 3-2 Frair lane. Good game on surprisingly good pitch. Frair lane battled hard and nearly got something from game. Unlucky. Our captain ran the show today and was main difference in two fairly even teams.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 1:57 pm

Arthur Moore Semi-Final

Thurmaston 3-2 SPARTA MOSHDOCK
Steve Morley
Jon Tature

Very disappointed with the result and not getting another trip to Holmes Park, but fair play to Thurmaston, they outplayed us and wanted it that little bit more.

We started the first half really badly and couldn't get out our own half. Thurmaston deservedly took the league and then it got worse in the 35th minute when our right back was sent off for a last man tackle. No argument over the sending off but it put us right up against it, 1-0 down at half time.

Second half and a few subs and tactical changes got us back into the game. A much better second half and we had Thurmaston worried. Then a killer blow when they went up our end and managed to nick a second. We got one back soon after, a tap in from a free kick. We were really pushing for an equaliser but again Thurmaston stole one from a corner to make it 3-1. Once again we managed to nick one from a free kick but could never quite get back level with them. In the 80th minute they had a man sent off for a very dangerous tackle but we couldn't take advantage.

Like I said, very disappointed, but good luck to Thurmaston in the final.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 1:58 pm

Birstall Rangers 1 v 2 Mark J Rees

No game this week so ventured off to see the Alliance's match of the day - unfairly labelled 'El Crappico' by some sections of the media.

Bit of a scrappy game to be fair, not helped by the referee seeming to be reffing a different game to the one in which the lads were playing.

Birstall scored late and nearly nicked an equaliser at the death but division 7 seems to be beckoning. I know the new manager is looking to strengthen for next season so hopefully they will be more competitive.

As for MJR, they have got steadily better as the season has gone on and there's every chance they can avoid relegation now. Paulo at the heartbeat of the team and assuming he stays and they can bring in a couple of good players I reckon they could do well next season. Paulo and Katie have got a good club going there - a new Magna in the making...
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 2:06 pm

lks 10 birstall 2 scored after 21 seconds of the 1st half that really set the tone for us today went on 2 add further quick goals birstall grabbed one back but then started 2 argue with each other we was winning 5-1 at half time then stopped playing for 25 mins of the 2nd half where birstall scored another we killed it off with 3 late goals but in all fairness we could have had 15 or more there keeper making some good saves on we go 2 the next

michael parkes 2
jack williams 2
ray hawksley 2
simmy jules 1
lynton hinds 1
daves parkes 2
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 2:17 pm

Blackie wrote:
Birstall Rangers 1 v 2 Mark J Rees

No game this week so ventured off to see the Alliance's match of the day - unfairly labelled 'El Crappico' by some sections of the media.

Bit of a scrappy game to be fair, not helped by the referee seeming to be reffing a different game to the one in which the lads were playing.

Birstall scored late and nearly nicked an equaliser at the death but division 7 seems to be beckoning. I know the new manager is looking to strengthen for next season so hopefully they will be more competitive.

As for MJR, they have got steadily better as the season has gone on and there's every chance they can avoid relegation now. Paulo at the heartbeat of the team and assuming he stays and they can bring in a couple of good players I reckon they could do well next season. Paulo and Katie have got a good club going there - a new Magna in the making...

I didn't realise you were there mate-should have come said hello.

MJR isnt anything to do with me and Katie. Doing one my best mates a favour after the Huncote shambles. They have steadily improved and I hope they have a good season next season they deserve it after a rocky start.

El crappio pretty much sums it up. Very bitty game with very few clear cut chances, think we JUST deserved it. The ref wasn't good. Nice to see a young lad doing it but was swayed a lot by the shouts.

By our improved standards we were poor and didn't pass it well. Fair play to birstall kept going and hope they continue to improve
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 3:29 pm

White Eagles 3-1 Red Admiral

Aleks Trbojevic (2)
Akash Majithia

Finally a league win, first since September. We started very strongly, looking to avenge our defeat to Royal Oak on Friday and we were playing some excellent passing football, some of the best we have all season. Aleks Trbojevic broke the deadlock early on, cutting in from the wing to drill a shot in. Somehow Admiral made it to half time with it only being 1-0, with ourselves hitting the post, missing two sitters and two goals ruled out (one for offside and one for a handball in the build up).

Despite the dominance, Admiral hit us on the break and equalised against the run of play but it only lasted for about 5 minutes before Akash Majithia headed in his first goal for the club. Instead of closing the game, we stayed positive and continued to attack and spurned some fantastic opportunities but so did Admiral with myself having to make a few saves before Aleks grabbed his 2nd with a header from a corner to kill the game off. After that, Admirals heads dropped and we looked as if we could run riot but it just wasn't going for us. Nonetheless, an excellent team performance and some great football played from ourselves. Credit to the Admiral lads once again, had two cracking matches against them last season and again this year, cracking bunch. Ref Rob Crane had a good game too.

Will midweek matches begin this week?

Shout out to left back Dylan Patel who also managed to miss an open goal from 2 yards out in the middle of the goal!

Last edited by whiteeagles on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
allroads1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:09 pm

Widds wrote:
Drew 3 all with Enderby. They went 2 up then we went 3-2 up. Great game to be involved in football wise. Big shout out to one of our players who dislocated his knee.

Pretty enjoyable to watch as well. Hope the lad who sustained the injury has a full and speedy recovery.

How they didn't win it with the two sitters missed in the last minute I will never know.

match photos online @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/rambler77/sets/72157633128760423/
Back to top Go down
http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:29 pm

allroads1 wrote:
Widds wrote:

Pretty enjoyable to watch as well. Hope the lad who sustained the injury has a full and speedy recovery.

How they didn't win it with the two sitters missed in the last minute I will never know.

match photos online @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/rambler77/sets/72157633128760423/

Cheers for taking the pictures, the lads are having a great laugh at some of the facial expressions already!!!

Agree, the last two chances they had were sitters, although i thought we should have put it to bed earlier in the game. Glad you enjoyed it, i thought the Enderby lads were great, its what Sunday football is about.

Sadly it looks like that was the end of the lads time in Sunday footie, he has done ligaments in his other knee before, and with his knee popping out he says he just knows thats retirement for him, at the age of 26. we are all gutted for him, wasnt even due to play either, came down to help out due to others pulling out. Big shame as he is a cracking lad and will do anything for anyone, and before the game we were chatting about next season and how he was going to focus on nailing down a spot. Genuinely gutted for the lad.
Back to top Go down
allroads1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm

Cheers for taking the pictures, the lads are having a great laugh at some of the facial expressions already!!!

Agree, the last two chances they had were sitters, although i thought we should have put it to bed earlier in the game. Glad you enjoyed it, i thought the Enderby lads were great, its what Sunday football is about.

Sadly it looks like that was the end of the lads time in Sunday footie, he has done ligaments in his other knee before, and with his knee popping out he says he just knows thats retirement for him, at the age of 26. we are all gutted for him, wasnt even due to play either, came down to help out due to others pulling out. Big shame as he is a cracking lad and will do anything for anyone, and before the game we were chatting about next season and how he was going to focus on nailing down a spot. Genuinely gutted for the lad.[/quote]

You're welcome regarding the photos.

26 is no age to retire from playing football, which from my view point behind your goal the injury was a freak accident.
Back to top Go down
http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:39 pm

Absolutely, no blame attached to the Enderby lad, was just one of those things. Also, fair play to the Enderby manager who made a point of coming over at the end of the game to ask after our player...very classy
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

scottyh wrote:
lks 10 birstall 2 scored after 21 seconds of the 1st half that really set the tone for us today went on 2 add further quick goals birstall grabbed one back but then started 2 argue with each other we was winning 5-1 at half time then stopped playing for 25 mins of the 2nd half where birstall scored another we killed it off with 3 late goals but in all fairness we could have had 15 or more there keeper making some good saves on we go 2 the next

michael parkes 2
jack williams 2
ray hawksley 2
simmy jules 1
lynton hinds 1
daves parkes 2

Hawksley 4 for the weekend then, got 2 for us on Saturday too v Lutterworth Athletic to virtually ensure us the league title!! Quality striker
Back to top Go down
SerialStalker

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:44 pm

allroads1 wrote:

Sadly it looks like that was the end of the lads time in Sunday footie, he has done ligaments in his other knee before, and with his knee popping out he says he just knows thats retirement for him, at the age of 26. we are all gutted for him, wasnt even due to play either, came down to help out due to others pulling out. Big shame as he is a cracking lad and will do anything for anyone, and before the game we were chatting about next season and how he was going to focus on nailing down a spot. Genuinely gutted for the lad.

You're welcome regarding the photos.

26 is no age to retire from playing football, which from my view point behind your goal the injury was a freak accident. [/quote]

It was a freak accident.i think i just got stuck making the challenge an knees knocked together.Dont hold anyone responsible for it.

Lost a finger playing 5-aside in september and now this. Football doesn't appear to like me anymore, so i think its time to call it a day playing. I manage Saturdays, so il still be involved.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

g72 wrote:
scottyh wrote:

michael parkes 2
jack williams 2
ray hawksley 2
simmy jules 1
lynton hinds 1
daves parkes 2

Hawksley 4 for the weekend then, got 2 for us on Saturday too v Lutterworth Athletic to virtually ensure us the league title!! Quality striker

very gd player got 5 in 2 for us now do u play with him saturdays then??
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 5:06 pm

scottyh wrote:
g72 wrote:
scottyh wrote:

michael parkes 2
jack williams 2
ray hawksley 2
simmy jules 1
lynton hinds 1
daves parkes 2

Mr hawker I do indeed play sats with raymondo!! Think he has something like 40 in 15 games, super super asset to any team he plays for! Will never give up a lost cause! Well done on the 10-2 win top 4 finish for u lot if u keep it going Smile

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 5:19 pm

Widds wrote:

I like no59 the best, this chap looks like he's desparate for the bathroom, but in no45 i think he's secretly let one off, much to the disgust of mr illniki.

great photos allroads1..

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

The focus on the faces of our players is superb, considering it was a corner!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 5:46 pm

I see you have also invested in some Sondico's GK gloves from Sports Direct as well Widds. Great value for money them
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

g72 wrote:
scottyh wrote:
g72 wrote:
scottyh wrote:

michael parkes 2
jack williams 2
ray hawksley 2
simmy jules 1
lynton hinds 1
daves parkes 2

Mr hawker I do indeed play sats with raymondo!! Think he has something like 40 in 15 games, super super asset to any team he plays for! Will never give up a lost cause! Well done on the 10-2 win top 4 finish for u lot if u keep it going Smile

yes very hard working forward is this u mr walker???

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 6:10 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
I see you have also invested in some Sondico's GK gloves from Sports Direct as well Widds. Great value for money them

certainly are mate, always used to buy adidas fingersave for about 60quid, these are about 15 and have the spines down the fingers. Very good purchase!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 6:47 pm

Glenfield Town 3-2 Star & Garter

I played for the Star & Garter today and to say it was a baptism of fire would be an understatement as we were 2-0 down after 5 minutes lol, literally couldn't have gone worse.

Then the lads took control of the game and won a penalty with George Himan dispatched.

We then went down to 10 when Ross Trevor saw red for retaliation but we still controlled the game I thought although Glenfield always posed a threat.

In the 2nd half we won another penalty in the first 5 minutes and once again George dispatched it and at 2-2 it was anyone's game, then they scored one on the break when a blocked clearance fell to Paul Pallett, he hit it OK and I got fingers to it but not enough to divert it away and unfortunately that proved to be the winner.

We huffed and puffed but just couldn't get the equaliser to take into extra time, I felt we were denied a stone wall 3rd penalty when Lee Linnett was taken down in the area but you win some you lose some, no blame to Martin Dexter who is a top referee.

I thought we played really well from the 6th minute today and we dominated large parts even with 10 men but you just can not start as slow as we do and get away with it. We went 2-0 down inside 15 minutes at GT and 2-0 inside 5 minutes here.

According to the fixtures next week we have Advance Couriers. Big game.
Back to top Go down
funtime frankie

funtime frankie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 7:51 pm

A quite fair assumption kev, also agree with the 3rd penalty decision that never was but I had alot better view than martin,thought u made some decent saves after we scored the 3rd because we needed a 4th to feel a bit more comfortable which didnt come and you were always dangerous and wouldn't hav been suprised if it went extra time.obviously star are a quality side you would have never known you were down to 10,but obviously glad to get the result
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 8:24 pm

For Sale: 2 x pair of Sondico's Goalkeeper gloves (barely used)

£5.00 ono

Please contact:- Kev Skeemer or Gareth Widdup.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

Haha behave.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 8:55 pm

Helly you're sending me deep
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 9:05 am

Want to wish Daryl a speedy recovery and wish him all the best and I for one am absolutely Gutted for him and I know exactly how he feels right now.

Daryl has played in 3 or 4 of my sides over the years and probably playing his best football of his life, going to miss him big time and like I say I'm absolutely gutted for him and from a selfish point of view for me too.

True gent and like Widds says he would do anything to help the cause, he is the only player that I know that you can literally put in ANY position in which I have done and play equally as well.

I actually hate football right now as it's just disappointment after disappointment at the minute and can't wait for this cursed season to be over.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 9:45 am

Well impressed and happy how the Oak played yesterday! Was a massive test vs Fairfield and our players worked there socks off! We lost captain Montoto early on through injury, just hope it's not too serious with Fridays game on the horizon!
Fairfield went ahead with a good free kick and made it 2-0 soon after! Lovey then headed us back into the game.
Another injury hit our team and Fairfield managed to score a couple more. We did have several very good chances, hitting the post and a couple of one on one situations. But wasn't to be and with everyone coming off that pitch absolutely bollocksed that's all we could of asked!

Now onto Fridays game and just hoping our walking wounded are all back intime
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 10:12 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Well impressed and happy how the Oak played yesterday! Was a massive test vs Fairfield and our players worked there socks off! We lost captain Montoto early on through injury, just hope it's not too serious with Fridays game on the horizon!
Fairfield went ahead with a good free kick and made it 2-0 soon after! Lovey then headed us back into the game.
Another injury hit our team and Fairfield managed to score a couple more. We did have several very good chances, hitting the post and a couple of one on one situations. But wasn't to be and with everyone coming off that pitch absolutely bollocksed that's all we could of asked!

Now onto Fridays game and just hoping our walking wounded are all back intime

great effort though hairy another gd run in a cup looking like it could b really gd season for u lot
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 11:08 am

AFC Royal Oak 1 V 4 Fairfield Dynamo

Dynamo Scorers

Toby Warner 2
Leon Doughty
Adam Tester

Was a tough game for us yesterday, but I think that was because we made it hard work, we didnt play great, but I think credit has to go to Oak for there work rate and effort to stop us playing our normal game. I thought we controlled the game throughout but kept getting sloppy and not killing the game off. They had a few chances that came from our errors really.

We will have to up our game if we are to upset Advance in the next round.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

johnmeode wrote:
AFC Royal Oak 1 V 4 Fairfield Dynamo

Dynamo Scorers

Toby Warner 2
Leon Doughty
Adam Tester

Was a tough game for us yesterday, but I think that was because we made it hard work, we didnt play great, but I think credit has to go to Oak for there work rate and effort to stop us playing our normal game. I thought we controlled the game throughout but kept getting sloppy and not killing the game off. They had a few chances that came from our errors really.

We will have to up our game if we are to upset Advance in the next round.

Cheers mate good luck in the next round! Thought yesterday you could of gone into another gear if u had to! We had alot of players our yesterday and picked up another couple of injuries which was a shame as would like to of been at full strength against you! Apologies over the kit saga! My bad! Managed to find some proper retro shirts though!
Back to top Go down
King Kong

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

S&G Sec wrote:

I played for the Star & Garter today and to say it was a baptism of fire would be an understatement as we were 2-0 down after 5 minutes lol, literally couldn't have gone worse.

Then the lads took control of the game and won a penalty with George Himan dispatched.

We then went down to 10 when Ross Trevor saw red for retaliation but we still controlled the game I thought although Glenfield always posed a threat.

In the 2nd half we won another penalty in the first 5 minutes and once again George dispatched it and at 2-2 it was anyone's game, then they scored one on the break when a blocked clearance fell to Paul Pallett, he hit it OK and I got fingers to it but not enough to divert it away and unfortunately that proved to be the winner.

We huffed and puffed but just couldn't get the equaliser to take into extra time, I felt we were denied a stone wall 3rd penalty when Lee Linnett was taken down in the area but you win some you lose some, no blame to Martin Dexter who is a top referee.

I thought we played really well from the 6th minute today and we dominated large parts even with 10 men but you just can not start as slow as we do and get away with it. We went 2-0 down inside 15 minutes at GT and 2-0 inside 5 minutes here.

Think that's a little biased if I'm honest we went 2 nil up and for half an hour bossed the game u got back in it from 2 penos the 1st one clearly hit our defenders chest as soon as the game went level we stepped it up and scored again we also hit the post and missed 3 or 4 good chances I wouldn't say u was bombarding us think our goalie made 1 save in the last 10 mins was a proper cup tie and I think star may win the league but I think we deserved our semi final place all in all
Back to top Go down
Glenfield Town

Glenfield Town

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 3:04 pm

S&G you defo played better after you went down to ten men but at that point we were already in front. We're a counter attacking team so we sat back defended well and tried to hit you on the brake when you were pushing for goals. Your quite right the last penalty was a stone wall one I didn't get any of the ball and took the player out, luckily the ref was blindsided and couldn't see from his angle. These things even themselves out in the end tho as your first penalty defo wasn't hand ball. Our centre half had a patch if mud on his chest where the ball hit him.

Good luck for the rest if the season

S&G Sec wrote:

Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/glenfieldtownsunday
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeMon 01 Apr 2013, 9:38 pm

LKS 10-2 Sporting Birstall

Bad day at the office for birstall on Sunday, missing 4 players and down to the bare 12 players.
LKS deserved the win and have some quality players now, but the comments about our keeper were disgusting and I have never seen such a bunch of arrogant players in all my years of being involved in football, it shows what is all wrong whith football these days.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 9:08 am

Ok, I only said it as I saw.

I never said we created chance after chance, we huffed and puffed without creating a clear cut chance all morning which I suppose is a credit to how you defended. I just the word dominated but I should have put possession after that word which is what I meant.

You kept hitting us on the counter and if that was the game plan then well done, you pulled it off to perfection and with Simon up front you had the prefect outlet to hold it up and bring the midfield runners into play.

All the best in the semi final.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 10:45 am

driver666 wrote:

Bad day at the office for birstall on Sunday, missing 4 players and down to the bare 12 players.
LKS deserved the win and have some quality players now, but the comments about our keeper were disgusting and I have never seen such a bunch of arrogant players in all my years of being involved in football, it shows what is all wrong whith football these days.

sorry about any comments about ur keeper didnt hear any either just spoke 2 r other joint manager neither did he arrogant bit strong confident is the word i would use no other team has had any problem with us this season but opinions vary gd luck for rest of the season
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 10:51 am

I'm not arrogant, I'm much much better than that. alien
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

S&G Sec wrote:
Ok, I only said it as I saw.

I never said we created chance after chance, we huffed and puffed without creating a clear cut chance all morning which I suppose is a credit to how you defended. I just the word dominated but I should have put possession after that word which is what I meant.

You kept hitting us on the counter and if that was the game plan then well done, you pulled it off to perfection and with Simon up front you had the prefect outlet to hold it up and bring the midfield runners into play.

All the best in the semi final.

Come on mr Goodman tell us how it really was.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 12:27 pm

scottyh wrote:
driver666 wrote:

sorry about any comments about ur keeper didnt hear any either just spoke 2 r other joint manager neither did he arrogant bit strong confident is the word i would use no other team has had any problem with us this season but opinions vary gd luck for rest of the season

I cant see you losing anymore games this season mate with the likes of mr Hawksley and Mr Jules in your side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 31 March    Banter - Sunday 31 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 31 March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next