Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for 7th March

Go down 
+32
Hellboy
man in black
The Rock
gonzo
reffinghell
Katie G
Tigger
spiderman
Golem
Fishandchips
Coley21
polska legend
Paulo
retroroyal
Doc Brown
freeagent86
johnmeode
Jimmyb
AC.Slater
Minty
Veteran
ben
dee_aitcho
gattuso
Declan Swan
shearer
Vintage 9
riley
Screech Powers
Gifford
fozzi
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 7:23 am

ha ha, you must be after a bite because thats a load of s*%t. Unless you were the ref or a spectator you have no place to comment because your opinion is based on assumptions not fact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:31 pm

Gifford wrote:
I agree tough times ahead cant play any worse than yesterday though

i bet you can chunk.
Back to top Go down
The Rock

The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 2:18 pm

Shock win for sporting then. Did Geary play, he is meant to be class.
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 3:05 pm

The Rock wrote:

I heard he did play and was lucky to stay on the pitch after a horror tackle. He's still class
Back to top Go down
AC.Slater

AC.Slater

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 3:13 pm

The Rock wrote:

if he did play , he cant do everything not with 10 poor players with him
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 4:49 pm

Gears did play, probably the best of a bad bunch on the day.
Back to top Go down
gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 9:30 pm

reffinghell wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:
MDH Knights 1 - 0 Superfly

A good tight game.

As a game Superfly had a lot of set pieces and long throws into our box putting us under pressure but without really testing our stand in keeper, We created the more clear cut chances joey Gordon slamming home from a corner and later hitting the bar from a similar chance. Shaun Sparrow, Lee Stevens and Alex Stafford all had good opportunities to increase the lead but squandered the chances, and a clear penalty claim was turned down late on by the ref to the amazement of both teams.
For your information most decisions in football are opinions and obviously your opinion doesn't count n the day it's only the Refs that count,get over it,and why would some decisions ruin your game,you seem a bit sensitive!!
you say he was unapproachable,i wander if that is because of how you talked to him,im sure it was,so why dont you just look at yourself and if your so knowledegable take the refs course.

has a ref ever made a mistake in your opinion?
does it not cross your mind that there may be a few refs out there who actually are bad at what they do and approach the game in the wrong way which could start players off with there moaning and groaning???
so why dont you try putting your objective hat on every now and then and try and see it from another angle.
dont get me wrong there are a lot of players out there on a sunday morning that need to shut up and get on with the game but is it really so unbelievable that a few refs need to have a look at themselves too?

also your aggressive attitude towards other forum users posts hardly put refs in the best light. unlike mr bruce who is as cuddly on here as he is on the pitch!
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 9:59 pm

You're wasting your time Gonzo. Leicestershire and Rutland County FA, The Alliance league and most leagues do not wish to look at it objectively.

Referees are always going to be in short supply because of the nature of the job. Therefore they never deal with the minority of really bad ones out there. In my opinion it's a very short-sighted view, because if you got rid of the really bad ones (when i say bad, i mean ones with a poor attitude and are blatently rude), then maybe the remaining 98% of good referees wouldn't get such a bad name and the job might be worth doing again, thus more people may actually want to become a ref.

I know there's a kind of unspoken rule out there that all ref's stick together and won't discredit another referee, but surely there's a referee out there brave enough to acknowledge that there are some referees that shouldn't really be reffing, no names required?
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:14 am

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by spiderman on Sun 21 Mar 2010, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:51 am

THANKS GONZO,not many players cuddle me on the pitch so might know who you are Razz

the county is not as short of refs as it used to be and this league is better off than it has been for years. not defending bad refs out there, and there are some who lets say not fully committed, but sunday morning is the hardest league in my opinion to get a ref to sign up for. mainly because of the abuse some teams give. we should show respect to players and expect players to show it back. we have to get on with it if a referee makes a bad call be it a mistake or incompetence, that doesnt give the team or managers etc the right to shout some of the abuse they do. there is a procedure that all teams should follow and if all teams did then these so called "bad refs" would be highlighted, as they would get reported every week. there is then a team of people starting with referee development officer at county FA and an experienced team of instructors and assessors who could help this ref.
the best thing to help the "bad refs" get better and the teams therefore benefiting from "good refs" is not to blast at them on the day and then moan if he books a few players, have a go at him at the end and then go home and forget it.
what should be done and sometimes hard as it is , shake the refs hand and say thankyou ( i have had managers shake my hand and say thanks ref but dont think you had a good game today), and then mark accordingly on team sheet and send covering letter in stating what you thought he did wrong during the game. letters will be looked at to see if there is a pattern among what refs or a particular ref is doing.
i was on a game the other week and went to watch a later kick off on adjacent pitch, after about 80 mins the flag went up rightly for offside and the manager said he has to watch his line he was miles off,,,his mate said yeah he was but this ref has been shocking all game so bound to give it.....i had heard one or two unsavoury comments slung at the ref during the game, but this shows that even though the decision is 100% right there are people out there still ready to get on refs case.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:05 am

gonzo wrote:
Gifford wrote:
I agree tough times ahead cant play any worse than yesterday though

i bet you can chunk.

Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:07 am

ben wrote:
Gears did play, probably the best of a bad bunch on the day.

i thought we did alright for 10 mins at start of second half having 11 players on the pitch might have helped
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:08 am

Doc Brown wrote:
The Rock wrote:

I heard he did play and was lucky to stay on the pitch after a horror tackle. He's still class

GOOD TACKLE
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:09 am

AC.Slater wrote:
The Rock wrote:

if he did play , he cant do everything not with 10 poor players with him

whys it a shock win we are hit and miss week in week out
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:39 am

reffinghell wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

A good tight game.

As a game Superfly had a lot of set pieces and long throws into our box putting us under pressure but without really testing our stand in keeper, We created the more clear cut chances joey Gordon slamming home from a corner and later hitting the bar from a similar chance. Shaun Sparrow, Lee Stevens and Alex Stafford all had good opportunities to increase the lead but squandered the chances, and a clear penalty claim was turned down late on by the ref to the amazement of both teams.
For your information most decisions in football are opinions and obviously your opinion doesn't count n the day it's only the Refs that count,get over it,and why would some decisions ruin your game,you seem a bit sensitive!!
you say he was unapproachable,i wander if that is because of how you talked to him,im sure it was,so why dont you just look at yourself and if your so knowledegable take the refs course.

Know where you're coming from, lets not forget that some lino's are the bigger problem, i think you'll find the ones in the prem are among the worst, especially if their team have to come on here and brag how good he is, they're usually the ones that are the most cheating one's you come up against, they'll cheat for their team no matter what, and all you hear from them is "our lino's is as honest as the day is long" bah we've all come up agaist them.
Back to top Go down
gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:42 pm

man in black wrote:
THANKS GONZO,not many players cuddle me on the pitch so might know who you are Razzthe county is not as short of refs as it used to be and this league is better off than it has been for years. not defending bad refs out there, and there are some who lets say not fully committed, but sunday morning is the hardest league in my opinion to get a ref to sign up for. mainly because of the abuse some teams give. we should show respect to players and expect players to show it back. we have to get on with it if a referee makes a bad call be it a mistake or incompetence, that doesnt give the team or managers etc the right to shout some of the abuse they do. there is a procedure that all teams should follow and if all teams did then these so called "bad refs" would be highlighted, as they would get reported every week. there is then a team of people starting with referee development officer at county FA and an experienced team of instructors and assessors who could help this ref.
the best thing to help the "bad refs" get better and the teams therefore benefiting from "good refs" is not to blast at them on the day and then moan if he books a few players, have a go at him at the end and then go home and forget it.
what should be done and sometimes hard as it is , shake the refs hand and say thankyou ( i have had managers shake my hand and say thanks ref but dont think you had a good game today), and then mark accordingly on team sheet and send covering letter in stating what you thought he did wrong during the game. letters will be looked at to see if there is a pattern among what refs or a particular ref is doing.
i was on a game the other week and went to watch a later kick off on adjacent pitch, after about 80 mins the flag went up rightly for offside and the manager said he has to watch his line he was miles off,,,his mate said yeah he was but this ref has been shocking all game so bound to give it.....i had heard one or two unsavoury comments slung at the ref during the game, but this shows that even though the decision is 100% right there are people out there still ready to get on refs case.
Smile

dont think i have ever had the pleasure of a cuddle with you yet clive. maybe il reveal myself to you next time our paths cross Wink
Back to top Go down
gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:45 pm

also nice to see that you agree that not all refs are A1 too! should be more refs out there like you I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:48 pm

Hellboy wrote:
reffinghell wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

A good tight game.

Know where you're coming from, lets not forget that some lino's are the bigger problem, i think you'll find the ones in the prem are among the worst, especially if their team have to come on here and brag how good he is, they're usually the ones that are the most cheating one's you come up against, they'll cheat for their team no matter what, and all you hear from them is "our lino's is as honest as the day is long" bah we've all come up agaist them.

agreed, but its down to the ref again.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 2:08 pm

cant wait gonzo reveal your self in a pm Razz
Back to top Go down
polska no1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 2:23 pm

We all love you Clive sunny
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
laughtonxfc

laughtonxfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 5:44 pm

wafc wrote:
western 5
exeter 3

things didnt start out too well for us today missing 5 regular players from the start. we started the first half very poor and it was only a matter of time before exeter took the lead and fully deserved too. we failed to react to the first goal and continued our poor performance for the rest of the first half conceeding 2 more goals along the way and half time couldnt come quick enough for us. after a polite kick up the arse my lads took to the field in the second half with it all to do. and promtley put the exeter boys on the back foot and started to carve them open with some nice football. it wasnt long before the pressure told and we scored 3 goals in the space of 5 minutes which totally knocked the stuffing out of exeter and from that point on there was only ever going to be one winner, although we did miss chance after chance eventually the 4th and 5th goals followed to bring exeters winning run to a to an end! And it could have easily been another 4 or 5 more if our finishing was up to scratch. Overall really happy with the team spirit that my boys shown today and refused to give up.

one final point about ex's forward laughton. i have never seen one lad moan so much about being offside even when his own team mates are telling him he was. just learn to time your runs pal and you may find the flag will stay down!!
FIRSTLY well done sunday you deserved it from second half performance as we including myself thought it was won at half time still pist off now,, Evil or Very Mad but we went sleep and gave it ya, antway about me moaning and you doing the line were gonna disagree aint we? but for the 20 times u put ya flag up guess u got 5 right understandable as your defence wont of caught me thats y i was moaning but you obviously wouldnt cheat so i will accept i was offside all them times Shocked anyway more to the point ref ruined the game hopefully we be ok next time. see ya then good luck fella OH CLASSIC DIVE IN TO THE KIT BAGS DEFO PENALTY SURPRISED REF NEVER GAVE IT Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:23 pm

yeah the fall was actually a blatant trip by your sub sat on the floor Embarassed
couldnt believe you folded like you did though to be fair as we never had any right to get back into that game after being 3 down at half time, i suppose it just shows if you dont give up you never know!
Back to top Go down
laughtonxfc

laughtonxfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:35 pm

wafc wrote:
yeah the fall was actually a blatant trip by your sub sat on the floor Embarassed
couldnt believe you folded like you did though to be fair as we never had any right to get back into that game after being 3 down at half time, i suppose it just shows if you dont give up you never know!
i know that was worse we played all year and that second half was shocking we got no excuses we were poor,, we better put it right against wigston sun sure we will good luck 4 weekend mate
Back to top Go down
cracker

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 2:31 pm

it all went wrong wen the center back got subbed was he ingured?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 7th March   Banter for 7th March - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for 7th March
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2