Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 24 February

Go down 
+38
Skeems
VanessaRussell
LINEKER
Fishandchips
Paul Daniels
FC POCHIN
Widds
dezza
lingers
gattuso
Mivan are going up
Blackie
JackPlough
Jenko
rocket ledge
chappo94
mowmacre fc
whiteeagles
The Admiral
GT
Hairy Hebrew!
scottyh
Polska legend II
CSKA19Carnabys
the goalie
bulwellian
The Plough
GazLCFC
Plough new boy
L.K.F.C
BUSFC Zack
allen654
Bucko
g72
Paulo
Hellboy
Gifford
Gordon
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 24 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 7:38 pm

The Walton Cup draw should become clearer and lots of League fixtures to talk about.

Also, the player registration and transfer window closes on Thursday - any late movements in and out of your squad?
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 11:03 am

Game called off as pitch had divits on it less said the better
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

Fooking health and safety's gone mad these days....If we sent a man to the moon, we wouldn't have a flag, we'd have a sign saying "be careful of uneven surfaces"
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

Lol worst thing about it was there were 4 other games played on Viccy park today
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

Ref checked three pitches was his decision unfortunately
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

Paulo wrote:
Ref checked three pitches was his decision unfortunately

Where theres no game theres a claim. Wink
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 12:52 pm

After last weeks great 4 nil win over Mivan, Dukla followed it up with a dominant 2 - 1 win over another div6 title contender, Royalist's defence held out well against the constant threat posed by Heron, Teague and co to hold 0 - 0 at half time, 2nd half continued in the same vein and Roberts got dukla's 1st with a direct free kick into the bottom right corner and moments later Flanders stooped at the far post for a great 2nd Dukla goal!! Royalist kept battling away and got a consolation in the last few seconds of the match. Man of the Match Chandler was a brick for Dukla's back line constantly nullifying any threat posed by the royalist forwards.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

g72 wrote:
After last weeks great 4 nil win over Mivan, Dukla followed it up with a dominant 2 - 1 win over another div6 title contender, Royalist's defence held out well against the constant threat posed by Heron, Teague and co to hold 0 - 0 at half time, 2nd half continued in the same vein and Roberts got dukla's 1st with a direct free kick into the bottom right corner and moments later Flanders stooped at the far post for a great 2nd Dukla goal!! Royalist kept battling away and got a consolation in the last few seconds of the match. Man of the Match Chandler was a brick for Dukla's back line constantly nullifying any threat posed by the royalist forwards.

nice,to see mr roberts get on the sheet
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

Wigston Fields 1 - 3 The Plough

Mark Allen scored a wonder strike on the turn to put Wigston 1-0 up in the first half. A glimmer of class In what was a slightly poor game. It was quite even in the first half, the plough number 10 looked dangerous and found himself twice clear of the defence but scuffed his shots and let of Wigston. Then mark scored and we had a bit of confidence and saw it through until half time. Second half the plough came out and wanted it more, they were winning the loose balls and caught us on the counter to equalise. The next goal would be crucial and the plough got it after good team play. The third was a defensive error which the plough player capitalised on to seal the win. Few half chances for both teams as well but an enjoyable game. A few bad challenges one of which should have been a yellow card but other than that a good spirited game of football like Sunday mornings should be. Look forward to the return fixture and hopefully we can get revenge.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

Allen654 wrote:

Mark Allen scored a wonder strike on the turn to put Wigston 1-0 up in the first half. A glimmer of class In what was a slightly poor game. It was quite even in the first half, the plough number 10 looked dangerous and found himself twice clear of the defence but scuffed his shots and let of Wigston. Then mark scored and we had a bit of confidence and saw it through until half time. Second half the plough came out and wanted it more, they were winning the loose balls and caught us on the counter to equalise. The next goal would be crucial and the plough got it after good team play. The third was a defensive error which the plough player capitalised on to seal the win. Few half chances for both teams as well but an enjoyable game. A few bad challenges one of which should have been a yellow card but other than that a good spirited game of football like Sunday mornings should be. Look forward to the return fixture and hopefully we can get revenge.

Sounds like you had a good game, our game was diabolical. From the off we just didn't turn up.
Fair play to friar lane, we had ages players missing but they seem to have bought in many new faces that has worked for them.

Nt looking forward to next week either as 5 of the first side can't make it and will barely have 11
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

MDH 3 - 4 Fairfield
Right result today but god did it happen the wrong way! Fairfield started and we didn't and for 25 minutes there was only one team it with Fairfield deservedly taking the lead. A competitive game as you would expect and really impressed with how Fairfield knocked it about, they played some really nice stuff on a day we just seemed to bottle it.
As I say the correct result as Fairfield deserved their win today but will be remembered for the wrong reasons. YES there will be the age old report sent in along the right channels whether that is considered I do not know but whether we deserved it or not (which we didn't)
Final note is again a well done to Fairfield who were good today and we'll have to regroup and find a bit more for the upcoming games
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

Wigston fields 1-3 plough.

Personally I thought was good game. Credit to wigston gave us more game than I thought they would. There midfield was very good, poor up front though once put the old into midfield. Can't wait for return unlucky wigston. Anyone know cfa v kilworth score.

Ps hope the hotshot lads are ok.
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm

I wasn't there today but hear Global did well today against Bees Knees. Missing five or six players we put in a good shift. Defence were made to work hard. 2-2 with five minutes to go but going down 4-2.Can hopefully take some confidence from the performance after two terrible results.

John Snashall and Kris Mort with our goals.
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:56 pm

Nkr won 4-1. Yea was a good game, pretty much agree ball kept
Coming back second half just wouldn't stic up front. Did you play plough new
Boy? Didnt make yourself known to us ha ha
Back to top Go down
The Plough

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:09 pm

Good game today which im sure wigston agree we deserved to win. I cant really remember wigston having many chances apart from the mix up with our defenders that let them score a lucky goal, defo not a wonder strike luke ha ha. Looking at the table that should put us above big zack and the awesome blaby boys with 6 games in hand lol
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
Wigston fields 1-3 plough.

Personally I thought was good game. Credit to wigston gave us more game than I thought they would. There midfield was very good, poor up front though once put the old into midfield. Can't wait for return unlucky wigston. Anyone know cfa v kilworth score.

Ps hope the hotshot lads are ok.

Enjoyed the game today, banteristic during match. Agree 2nd half the ball was never in our control apart from when I missed that curling chance!! Feel it was a very even game but all goals came from mistakes for both sides. Not as easy for you PNB as you all thought it would be. Feel we just didn't hold possession enough, panicked alot on the ball when we didn't need to.
Enjoyed the banter with all the back four......thanks!!
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:19 pm

lost 4-1 today to royal oak in billy walton,
just like to congratulate them throughly deserved , battled for the whole game and wanted it a hell of alot more than my boys, good luck for rest of season, as for my lot no excuses beaten by better team on the day .

Last edited by the goalie on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:20 pm

If removing parts of posts can u simply remove it all, I didn't think I was "over the top" as regards a personal attack, simply facts of the matter but evidently this cannot be discussed?
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:25 pm

Very surprised at the CSKA's score, have Carnabys blown up??
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

Who knows. We were poor today. Not at the races. Didnt create enough despite holding the ball well and went 2-0 down to two lucky goals in my opinion. Second half didnt battle hard enough a lot of players coasted through the game. A counter attack sealed Sportings win and then added a fourth from a corner. Carnabys rarely threatened. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Polska 3 Kilworth 3

Very entertaining game today, we started off spending first 5 minutes in Kilworth half. Doesn't sound a lot but try it - it's virtually impossible to do! Missed some early chances but were badly missing the injured Luka upfront. Kilworth then came into it - Polska old boy Chris Rudkin finding space on the ball which is when he is at his most dangerous, he scored from a free kick on 16 minutes then Rich Brown made it 2-0 later on from a corner which we decided not to defend. Marcin Krogulec gave us a lifeline on 35 minutes, and it was 1-2 half time. Then a bizarre goal - they kicked the ball out for one of their players to get treatment, and as we threw it back to them, Sav managed to collect it and loop it over the keeper for 2-2. We went down the sportsmanship route and stood aside so that Rudkin could make it 3-2! I felt Kilworth lost their momentum when he went off, although both sides missed chances. Then on 89 minutes we sent Spider the keeper up for our free kick to cause a bit of havoc, and it worked, with Przremyslaw making it 3-3 right at the death. I think it was the right result, but all in all a very good weekend for Fairfield as all the results went their way.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm

Yeah credit to you fields gave us a good game. No I was on bench again. The boys are playing too well for me to get in. Ill put effort in at training and hopefully gaz will let me play next time we meet.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
Yeah credit to you fields gave us a good game. No I was on bench again. The boys are playing too well for me to get in. Ill put effort in at training and hopefully gaz will let me play next time we meet.

So whens the zack v plough-n-boy fixture?
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:01 pm

The Plough wrote:

Good game today which im sure wigston agree we deserved to win. I cant really remember wigston having many chances apart from the mix up with our defenders that let them score a lucky goal, defo not a wonder strike luke ha ha. Looking at the table that should put us above big zack and the awesome blaby boys with 6 games in hand lol

Good result or you pal, think we surrenders any hope of finishing above you this season with a dismal display today.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:02 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Not sure, if its next week that's dreadful as we won't hae 5 of our startling team lol and maybe not even 10 players.

And it will be Blaby an Zack vs the plough not PNB, it's sounds a f he doesn't get in te team lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Not sure, if its next week that's dreadful as we won't hae 5 of our startling team lol and maybe not even 10 players.

And it will be Blaby an Zack vs the plough not PNB, it's sounds a f he doesn't get in te team lol

Maybe he's resting himself for the big game. elephant play them on good friday zack, then hit the 1852 after the game.

Last edited by Hellboy on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:10 pm

Interested for next weeks fixtures. Carnabys need to look forward to something and get back to winning ways. Be nice for the first team to have a game today although I don't know what happened to the harborough hotshots lad all I know was there was a car accident. Hope all is ok
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

You will always have the odd bad week in Sunday football Zachary. Gaz says I will Defo get a game against you boys. Might be my only ninety minutes. Hopefully it's next week then if u only have 10, might have a chance then
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:42 pm

lks 3-3 with white eagles for me we deserved all 3 points 3-1 up at ht and had man off after 30 mins still made enough chances 2 kill the game off they hung in there but we should have been out of sight at 2-0 and 3-1 up
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

St Marks 1-4 AFC Royal Oak

Turned up today missing four big players for us! For various reasons we turned up without Doyle, Dexter, Oliver and Mcfadyen! The players that stepped in did an amazing job against a 3rd division team! Couple of these players were lacking match sharpness but did not let anyone down and put themselves in the frame for some big games coming up!

First half seemed to be backs against the wall but we looked dangerous on the break especially Lovey causing havoc and running St Marks backline ragged! We managed to go ahead Via. A Penalty and seemed to stun St Marks! We then hit them quickly with a second and Loveys first! Hoping to hold out at 2-0 up going into half time but it wasn't to be as Mr Byrne managed to divert an excellent header past our flailing keeper!

Second half was very tight and at 2-1 the next goal could decide the game! We seemed comfortable and Lovey managed to bag 2 more to get his trick and send us into the last 16! An excellent 2nd half save from our keeper was a big moment!

Some cracking tackles in the middle of the pitch made it a real battle between the two teams and some good banter between players and referee!

Unlucky to St Marks and good luck with the rest of the season!

In all honesty, although I am ecstatic for us, a 6th division side to reach the last 16 with fixture back log we currently have could be an extra fixture that could come back to bite us in the ass! On the other hand winning games defo helps and we shall try to take this into our next game, yet another cup game next week!

In division 6 today I was somewhat surprised Royalist seem to be Imploding and are losing their title push! Dukla are definitely the Inform team!
Expected Mivans win and thought LKS-Eagles could cancel each other out! At present we have 6 games in hand over Mivan! Nice! Hoping for a league game soon!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

Great result hairy especially with that quality missing well played. Team off the season
Back to top Go down
GT

GT

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

Star and garter 3-3 GTFC

Class today from our lad's today barebones big time I had to play 90 love games like this 3-1 down and come back to 3all, makes it all worthwhile being secreatary, hope we can kick on from this!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 5:50 pm

Hat and Beaver 1- 6 Red Admiral

Pridmore
Aaron dann
Alex dann
Andy driver 2
Unwin

The Admiral bossed it from start to finish today against a pretty weak beaver side.They have some decent players but maybe not enough and reckon div 7 is looming for them.Sure theyll be fine in there though

Back to back wins for us and hoping to have a strong end of season.

Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:00 pm

Excellent victory for Oak! Doing division 6 proud and really does show the high standard of our division, certainly a LOT harder than last seasons division 6.

We started very poorly today and LKS came out of the blocks quick and deservedly took a 2 goal lead. Excellent work by Harry Davies, closed their keeper down from nothing, robbed him and their captain handballed on the line to set up a certain goal, no doubt about the red card. Penalty was then converted by Danilo Trifunovic. But then immediately after, LKS scored a sloppy goal from a long hoof by the keeper to go into half time at 3-1.

In the second half, we came out a lot lot stronger and began to dominate the game after a couple of positional changes. And two goals from Danilo to complete his hat trick seen us back on level terms. LKS hit the woodwork twice from tight angles but other than that had nothing clear cut. With literally the last kick of the game, one of our centre midfielders went through on goal, went to square it to Danilo for a CERTAIN goal and tap in to an open goal, ball bobbled, came off his shin and into the keepers hands. Unbelievable, a massive escape for LKS in that sense. At half time, we would certainly have took the draw but at the end I'm sure LKS were glad to make it in at FT at 3-3.

A well contested game and I thought Will O'Keefe in the middle was excellent for LKS. Look forward to the return leg and now we must start getting wins on the board! First a last minute equaliser from Birstall to deny us all 3 points and now the wasting of that chance today! Oh well, football has a habit of producing funny results and the league is firmly still in balance. Wouldn't put it past LKS to comfortably cement a top 4 finish which would be good work after their poor start.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:08 pm

yes u defo did play better 2nd half but we still hads enough chances 2 kill u off when it was 2-0 it should have been 4 or 5 but u hung in there sneaked a draw+
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

CSKA19Carnabys wrote:
Interested for next weeks fixtures. Carnabys need to look forward to something and get back to winning ways. Be nice for the first team to have a game today although I don't know what happened to the harborough hotshots lad all I know was there was a car accident. Hope all is ok

I have received the following message from Harborough Hotshots

'He is ok. Few cuts and some breathing problems but is fine. Lost control of his car and hit a parked one'
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

Gordon wrote:
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

I have received the following message from Harborough Hotshots

'He is ok. Few cuts and some breathing problems but is fine. Lost control of his car and hit a parked one'

Speeding to football after night On dazzle.
Get well soon xxx
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

scottyh wrote:
yes u defo did play better 2nd half but we still hads enough chances 2 kill u off when it was 2-0 it should have been 4 or 5 but u hung in there sneaked a draw+
Yeah, can't disagree with that, perhaps more than a 3 goal lead would have been extremely harsh on us at any stage but you were well worth the 2 goal lead.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:56 pm

All the best to the Hotshots player from all involved at White Eagles!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

Every game scottyh plays in they should have won !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 24 February   Banter for Sunday 24 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 24 February
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next