Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 22 February

Go down 
+5
EUFCAudi
spartamoshdock
allen654
Polingtons
Gordon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 22 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSat 22 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

More confident this week - but how many players are a little rusty?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

Thurmaston 2 hotshots 1

Made hard work of it went in 1 nil dwn keeper gave them that other than that they didnt hardley touched the ball we just cldnt put the ball in the net on a bobbley pitch and a windy day, till ross adams and a screamer from david wesseldine
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 1:24 pm

The Plough Wigston 2 - 8 Wigston Fields 2012 FC

Goals: Stef Kuzyk x4, Mark Allen x2, Callum Marvin and Keith Edgar

Fields make it 7 from 7 now with a convincing win against local rivals the Plough. It was a tail of two halves with the wind playing havoc. Captain fantastic Steve toone won the toss and decided to defend the wind first half which proved to be a good decision. In a balanced opening the plough began to create a few chances and took the lead with a thumping header from an in swinging corner. This woke fields up who equalised when fox in the box Stef Kuzyk headed in from close range after Callum Marvin headed the ball across goal from a corner. Not long after fields took the lead when mark Allen outmuscled the defender, rounded the keeper and fired home at the second time of asking. The plough continued to push and make use of the wind and were given a lifeline when the referee awarded a penalty for a push in the back which was converted to make it 2-2 at half time. After the break Wigston Fields woke up and used the wind to their advantage. Mark Allen started the rout when he was played over the top and fired past the on rushing keeper. Shortly after Stef Kuzyk pounced to make it 4 and Callum Marvin scored a floated free kick from the near the half way line to make it 5. Stef kuzyk pounced again to get his hat trick to make it 6 and then he squared the ball to Keith Edgar to increase the score to 7. Stef Kuzyk ended the round with a calm finish low into the corner to make it 8-2. A convincing win to keep the pressure on the teams at the top.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm

Arthur Moore

SPARTA MOSHDOCK 2-5 FC Azzuri
Aaron Preston
Jake Wain

Fair play to Azzuri, they were much the better team today and fully deserved the win. They took full advantage of the wind in their favour first half and due to some sloppy defending we went in 4-0 down at half time.

It was all about a bit of pride from then on, and we battled a lot better in the second half but were never going to get back into it.

Although in no way do we think it would have changed the result, but the less said about the ref the better.

Well done to the lads at Azzuri, good bunch who work hard for each other. Good luck in the next round.
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

Billy Walton

Enness United 0 - 1 Fosse city A.E.T

A gritty, hard working fair game. Conditions were hard with the wind and after missing 7 weeks of games, it was always going to be tough.

Neither team could capitalise in 90 mins. Cramp was settling in with a lot of players and Fosse kept on pushing and finally got their goal which won the game.

Even though we never really tested their keeper, I was happy with the battle that we showed today.

They were a great footballing side and we wish them luck.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 3:45 pm

FC Pochin 2 v 7 Frolesworth United (Billy Walton)

Jordan Cunningham 2

Not a good week to be missing both our regular full backs giving the gaffer a headache before the game started - had to shuffle the pack with our top goalscorer having to play centre mid.

That said we matched Frolesworth for long parts of the 1st half especially and whilst we went in at half time 2-1 down we could have easily been leading 4-2.

3 quick goals in the 2nd half completely knocked the stuffing out of us. We also lost 3 players to injury meaning we played the last 25 minutes with 10 men - and trust me it's hard enough playing against Frolesworth with 11!!

All in all I'm a bit disappointed because I felt we didn't really do ourselves or Division 5 justice today - we didn't play to the standards we've set ourselves this season.

Credit must go to Frolesworth though. The best team I've played against for a long long time. Their decision making was right every time and they were clinical in front of goal.

And a sound bunch of lads with it too - good luck in the next round
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 4:38 pm

Blackie wrote:
FC Pochin 2 v 7 Frolesworth United (Billy Walton)

Jordan Cunningham 2

Not a good week to be missing both our regular full backs giving the gaffer a headache before the game started - had to shuffle the pack with our top goalscorer having to play centre mid.

That said we matched Frolesworth for long parts of the 1st half especially and whilst we went in at half time 2-1 down we could have easily been leading 4-2.

3 quick goals in the 2nd half completely knocked the stuffing out of us. We also lost 3 players to injury meaning we played the last 25 minutes with 10 men - and trust me it's hard enough playing against Frolesworth with 11!!

All in all I'm a bit disappointed because I felt we didn't really do ourselves or Division 5 justice today - we didn't play to the standards we've set ourselves this season.

Credit must go to Frolesworth though. The best team I've played against for a long long time. Their decision making was right every time and they were clinical in front of goal.

And a sound bunch of lads with it too - good luck in the next round

Where was my text?
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2014, 6:38 pm

Allen654 wrote:
The Plough Wigston 2 - 8 Wigston Fields 2012 FC

Goals: Stef Kuzyk x4, Mark Allen x2, Callum Marvin and Keith Edgar

Fields make it 7 from 7 now with a convincing win against local rivals the Plough. It was a tail of two halves with the wind playing havoc. Captain fantastic Steve toone won the toss and decided to defend the wind first half which proved to be a good decision. In a balanced opening the plough began to create a few chances and took the lead with a thumping header from an in swinging corner. This woke fields up who equalised when fox in the box Stef Kuzyk headed in from close range after Callum Marvin headed the ball across goal from a corner. Not long after fields took the lead when mark Allen outmuscled the defender, rounded the keeper and fired home at the second time of asking. The plough continued to push and make use of the wind and  were given a lifeline when the referee awarded a penalty for a push in the back which was converted to make it 2-2 at half time. After the break Wigston Fields woke up and used the wind to their advantage. Mark Allen started the rout when he was played over the top and fired past the on rushing keeper. Shortly after Stef Kuzyk pounced to make it 4 and Callum Marvin scored a floated free kick from the near the half way line to make it 5. Stef kuzyk pounced again to get his hat trick to make it 6 and then he squared the ball to Keith Edgar to increase the score to 7. Stef Kuzyk ended the round with a calm finish low into the  corner to make it 8-2. A convincing win to keep the pressure on the teams at the top.

Tough first game back for us today,7 weeks without a game and it showed. First half we were as good as Fields in every department, got my first goal today (a thumping header, there words not mine), also got the penalty when Tooney had to knock me out the way to win an header so 2 - 2 at half time was a fair score line. Second half we were never in it up hill against the wind and our lack of game time and fitness showed, fair play to Fields they took full advantage of the hill, wind and our lack of fitness. So good win for them and good luck with the rest of the season.

Lets hope we have another game next week.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2014, 11:30 am

A.F.C Royal Oak 3-0 Glenfield United

Scorers
Dave Weston (2)
Chris Love

Yesterday's game we turned up with just the 13 having a few injured lads and a few no shows. But the team we put out i was confident we could get the three points. The game started off quite cagey with the Oak perhaps shading the possesion but not really anything meaningful in the last third. Glenfield broke a couple of times and looked half dangerous but seemed to be making the wrong decision infront of goal. The first 35 mins was perhaps a little dull. But then a fracas saw our captain sent off amd us down to 10 men. In my opinion it should of been 10vs10 but unfortunately the referee perhaps didnt have the best of view. But that seemed to spark us into life! Within minutes Chris Love had a great volleyed effort parried over the bar, not by the keeper but by Glenfields captain. He then saw red and was now down to an even 10vs10. Dave Weston duly put the spot kick away and went into half time 1-0.
A few alterations in the team saw club legend Simon Herbert pushed up into attack and proved a handful for the Glenfield defence. Dave Weston started to stamp his name on the game and was controlling the midfield with ease. In the second half it could of been a bigger score with various chances being missed. Chris Love however settled the nerves showing some trickery down the left before firing past a despairing keeper. And Dave Weston finished the tie with a 30 yarder giving the keeper no chance.
Glenfield have definitely improved over the season which is good to see. What wasn't was their constant wind up tactics, late challenges and cockyness from a team sitting towards the bottom of the league. Good luck to them though amd I hope they find their true level next season
As for us, we are hoping to have Jay Oliver, Chris Dexter & Tom Scott back from injury for the next game to help push on to try and gain top spot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 22 February   Banter for Sunday 22 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 22 February
Page 1 of 1