Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

County Cups ?

Go down 
+37
allroads1
karljackoLKS
BUSFC Zack
Fishandchips
Aussie Owl
michael
Hairy Hebrew!
Joey Barton
Bucko
mowmacre fc
FEAR_FUFC
scottyh
Jenko
allen654
funtime frankie
Dodgy
Fccol
Huncote#9
friarlane11
norty14
whiteeagles
Kilworthsunday
dezza
Sparta3
Gordon
Capello
CSKA17
Paul Daniels
rocket ledge
Hellboy
Widds
ginner
Polska legend II
FC POCHIN
tysmith c.n.f.c
Skeems
THE MAGICIAN
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

Anyone know when these are drawn and 1st rounds are played.

Think last season the first round was first Sunday in October ? but I'm sure the draw had been done by now....

Any ideas anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:51 am

It's always been the 1st Sunday in October for as long as I remember

Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

how come your in the sunday premier cup mals, thought you would be in the intermediate
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:53 am

ha ha. Your pulling my leg right ?
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:56 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

nah you have a star and garter

joking
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

lol. We didn't last long last season and would be nice to make amends and have a decent run for a change.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 11:08 am

county cup is sunday 7th oct cos we asked for a free week and county fa said no
as far as i know draw hasn't been published yet
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

correct - always round about first week in October, so draw can't be far away
Back to top Go down
ginner

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Because the alliance league have 8 divisions it was decided that teams from the alliance premier would go in the hat for the county premier cup. Alliance div 1 and 2 intermediate cup .and so on

Last edited by ginner on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:48 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

maybe not lol
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

lol Ty, well if that's the case that's harsh, but what can you do eh ? we were playing the Div 4 county cup only 12 months ago. With our double promotion we get a triple boost in the county cup.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

I cant imagine div 1 teams would be put in the Prem cup....everyone knows the biggest jump in standard is into the Prem for most of the leagues...i would guess that this is either conjecture by people not really in the know, or alternatively, a ridiculous decision.

Got to admit, if we are put in the Prem Cup, i would be very annoyed we didnt get a discounted affiliation fee, as part of the fee is to pay for the county cup entry...and to be honest, i would rather not pay than compete in the Prem Cup(until we hopefully get to the Prem)...

So come on then, where's your money - silly rumours or poor decision?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
lol Ty, well if that's the case that's harsh, but what can you do eh ? we were playing the Div 4 county cup only 12 months ago. With our double promotion we get a triple boost in the county cup.

That sounds like a 'power up'...i feel like a power ranger now haha
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

But won't we get this situation given the size of our leagues compared to others?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

Rangers power up.....F#######G brilliant programme, always watched it on Saturday morning, my highlight of the week, F#######G couldn't miss it, sorry for the bad languge but i was totally into it and couldnt miss it.

better than football!!!

Oscars V NRI 1st round...... get rid of one of the pothunters.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
But won't we get this situation given the size of our leagues compared to others?

agreed, which is why i want other leagues to sort themselves out!

i think last year we played county cup with teams from division above which was fine, but the prem cup is different gravy. Will they rename it?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Rangers power up.....F#######G brilliant programme, always watched it on Saturday morning, my highlight of the week, F#######G couldn't miss it, sorry for the bad languge but i was totally into it and couldnt miss it.

better than football!!!

Oscars V NRI 1st round...... get rid of one of the pothunters.

preferred centurions
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

stick to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

prefer centurions to get me fired up for county cup matches
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

i think last year we played county cup with teams from division above which was fine, but the prem cup is different gravy. Will they rename it?

concentrate on the league Widds that's your bread and butter... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

County Cups ? Mmpr-vi-hydrohog
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

concentrate on the league Widds that's your bread and butter... Laughing

Haha would love to but the league belongs to the prem teams in our division
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

Widds wrote:
I cant imagine div 1 teams would be put in the Prem cup....everyone knows the biggest jump in standard is into the Prem for most of the leagues...i would guess that this is either conjecture by people not really in the know, or alternatively, a ridiculous decision.

Got to admit, if we are put in the Prem Cup, i would be very annoyed we didnt get a discounted affiliation fee, as part of the fee is to pay for the county cup entry...and to be honest, i would rather not pay than compete in the Prem Cup(until we hopefully get to the Prem)...

So come on then, where's your money - silly rumours or poor decision?

you dont have to enter the county cup if you dont want to, therefore you dont have to pay to play in it, all div1 alliance teams are in the prem cup this season
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 6:29 pm

Fairly certain you do have to pay it all mate...
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm

Div 1 teams best not have to pplay in the Prem cup. Otherwise whats the point of the Arthur Moore as well? Doesn't really give us a fair and realistic chance to win a cup.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:20 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Div 1 teams best not have to pplay in the Prem cup. Otherwise whats the point of the Arthur Moore as well? Doesn't really give us a fair and realistic chance to win a cup.

Arthur Moore is just alliance! You poor thing, bit like being a div 7 side in any competition!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:27 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:

agreed mate. i would imagine a few teams would rather not fulfil the fixture or names out of a hat! seems farcical. Essential that means division 1 sides play in Arthur Moore, billy walton and county cup, none of which we have a realistic chance of winning. With the risk of being drawn at home which loses 26 quid a game for us, you wonder why bother lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:30 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Arthur Moore is just alliance! You poor thing, bit like being a div 7 side in any competition!!

except the county cup and your alliance cup, the difference between division 7 and 5 isn'tthat big. difference between 4 and 2 isn't that big. The prem is very different to division 1 in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

also, a division 7 side has scope for improvement up the divisions, not many players around take us up to the prem. Just disappointing that with Thurmaston looking clear winners, there isn't much to play for
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:43 pm

Widds wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

except the county cup and your alliance cup, the difference between division 7 and 5 isn'tthat big. difference between 4 and 2 isn't that big. The prem is very different to division 1 in my opinion

Agree that Alliance Prem is v high standard this year, but div 1 is strong too, so you can compete against Prem teams from other leagues in county cups, and with a bit of luck beat one or two alliance prem teams in a one off game.

The diff between 7 and 5 is pretty damn big too!!! You've got Fairfield in div 2, who according to the forum will walk that duv, so no chance for any div 3or4 side. And teams like monsell in 5 who SHOULD be far too good for a div 6 or 7 team.

I'm not saying it is fair you're in the Prem cup, but is a down side of an all powerful alliance! And you have had enough success to miss out just once!! Your starting to sound like a pot hunter! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

so the best run league is a victim of its own success on the County Cup front?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm

Haha i like your last comment about pot hunting lol

there are a few standout teams dotted thru the divisions, but as you say, the prem is very strong. Plus throw in teams like whitwick compass and birstall its not gonna be fun! if we get drawn away i Will be delighted, but drawn at homes a few times in each cup we have no chance of winning is costly and pointless lol.

sorry, i am just a miserable git

Last edited by Widds on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
so the best run league is a victim of its own success on the County Cup front?

Not the league, just a handful of teams, whilst a handful of div1 teams will be miffed, I'm sure a couple of top div 6 sides will be happy to be in the same comp as teams from the the bottom of all other leagues
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

very true, one mans thingy is another mans whatsit.

I want to play against the best around, but would be nice to have a chance in one cup! Ah well, game on. Would love it if we won county cup lol
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Has the breakdown been announced somewhere? 5 cups, 8 alliance divisions, pretty much 2 divs in each cup. What about other leagues, how many divisions do they have?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:10 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Widds wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Agree that Alliance Prem is v high standard this year, but div 1 is strong too, so you can compete against Prem teams from other leagues in county cups, and with a bit of luck beat one or two alliance prem teams in a one off game.

The diff between 7 and 5 is pretty damn big too!!! You've got Fairfield in div 2, who according to the forum will walk that duv, so no chance for any div 3or4 side. And teams like monsell in 5 who SHOULD be far too good for a div 6 or 7 team.

I'm not saying it is fair you're in the Prem cup, but is a down side of an all powerful alliance! And you have had enough success to miss out just once!! Your starting to sound like a pot hunter! Shocked

I am quite aware that the Arthur Moore is just the alliance, I was merely stating the fact that we are already invited to compete against Prem teams in that cup already without having to do so in the county cup but on a wider scale.

The county cup is unique as it allows us to pit our whits against teams in other leagues of a similar level, thats why it's one of my favourites.

I believe Div 1 should play against Div 1 teams. I'd fancy our chances of progressing in that with a few shock results than having to try and beat prem team after prem team which just wont happen.

Also pothunting has nothing to do with it, we play in Division 1 because its our level. Nobody wants to sit in a league at mid table and not have the chance to progress in anything else otherwise there is just nothing worth playing for. If anything it will encourage teams to puthunt next season if they dont think there is a realistic chance of winning much in the higher divs.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:13 pm

Although would love to be drawn against Barcabullona from the Hinckley league cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:14 pm

Ah cool just totally contradicted myself!!!
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Widds wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I believe Div 1 should play against Div 1 teams.

Can't happen all the way down though can it as we outnumber the other leagues by a long way.

And the pot hunter comment was tongue in cheek at widds!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 8:24 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Widds wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I am quite aware that the Arthur Moore is just the alliance, I was merely stating the fact that we are already invited to compete against Prem teams in that cup already without having to do so in the county cup but on a wider scale.

The county cup is unique as it allows us to pit our whits against teams in other leagues of a similar level, thats why it's one of my favourites.

I believe Div 1 should play against Div 1 teams. I'd fancy our chances of progressing in that with a few shock results than having to try and beat prem team after prem team which just wont happen.

Also pothunting has nothing to do with it, we play in Division 1 because its our level. Nobody wants to sit in a league at mid table and not have the chance to progress in anything else otherwise there is just nothing worth playing for. If anything it will encourage teams to puthunt next season if they dont think there is a realistic chance of winning much in the higher divs.

agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

County Cups ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Cups ?   County Cups ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Cups ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next