Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday11th September

Go down 
+42
Whistle Blower
Capello
littlebigman
Toe poke
Fieldy
Blackie
L.K.F.C
LoneRanger38
RM05
THE MAGICIAN
greeeedy
Sparta3
Paulo
saff lounge
THE WATCHER
BULLIT
timmy mallet
Duane
News of the World
Fishandchips
Skeems
wheel1
Polska legend II
phoenixGK
Rajiv14
mowmacre fc
dezza
Dodgy
josh harris st marks
mbinblack
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Widds
hotshot66
talbotkeeper
Hurricane
Sneijder10
Throop Boss
Snash
Jwithers
Hellboy
Alan Partridge
Aussie Owl
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 6:49 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

On a side note, i was very dissapointed in the ref yesterday, we were chasing him up for a good 25 minutes before he shown up, I asked him where he had been and he said " i went out last night and layed in bed and couldn't be bothered, then realised i would be letting you all down " yeah, you aint kidding mate. Been very impressed with the officials since i joined the alliance league and never had a no show but this guy let both teams down and most of all himself with his wrong attitude, missed a fair bit during the game too as he kept saying 2 i cant give that as i'm too far away from play " which begs the question, still hungover mate!!!!

Your Club Sec has followed the correct procedure and explained the mark he has given which will be noted and the necessary action taken, as always. The ref in question is a Level 4 ref which means he is a "Supply League" ref.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 7:22 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
Blackie wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
Beez kneez 4-3 birstall rangers

I hear another dissapointing performance all seems to
Have gone to pot since pre season..i was obviously
Missed lol..gutted im not bk til oct 2nd wanna be racking them goals up

You still going back Daz?!!

Birstall have a good set up mate u no that more than me i think were all getting heated up and arguing and falling out cus we all have so much passion to win and are all good mates one or two new faces mate and you sorted and bk to winning ways

Youre right mate, it is a good set up.

I know you know the full story and I really appreciate how much you rate me and what you've said to me, but this is not heat of the moment stuff.

I appreciate the lads will get a different side to the story when I am not there at the next game but for the record the manager sent me a text some 4 hours after the game accusing me of deliberately letting Bees Knees score. Admittedly I was at fault for the goal by stepping up trying to play offside, but when its the 1st time youve been asked to play right back in 42 years it was always going to take time.

The manager also put in the text that he now sees me as a player he can bring on in the 2nd half when we are winning - frankly I think thats just taking the p***.

I feel as though I was probably Birstall's best player in pre-season and 1st game against Superfly. We then got spanked by a very good Hoskins side and everything changes.

I am gutted to be honest mate - ive got loads of time for the lads. You, Ray, Carl, Ryan, Scott. Quality people and quality players.

I know Birstall's fortunes will turn and they'll be back at the top end of the table where they belong real soon. Good luck to you and the rest of the team for the season pal
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

A better pre season than me blackie lol
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
GT keeper was Matt Stephenson...class

yes very good keeper saved a peno and a number of shots that u never thought he could make kept gt in the game and ultimately had a big hand in their win.

Or 2

lol very true 2 good hands aswell Wink
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

On a side note, i was very dissapointed in the ref yesterday, we were chasing him up for a good 25 minutes before he shown up, I asked him where he had been and he said " i went out last night and layed in bed and couldn't be bothered, then realised i would be letting you all down " yeah, you aint kidding mate. Been very impressed with the officials since i joined the alliance league and never had a no show but this guy let both teams down and most of all himself with his wrong attitude, missed a fair bit during the game too as he kept saying 2 i cant give that as i'm too far away from play " which begs the question, still hungover mate!!!!

Your Club Sec has followed the correct procedure and explained the mark he has given which will be noted and the necessary action taken, as always. The ref in question is a Level 4 ref which means he is a "Supply League" ref.

Get a grip, these guys are entitled to have a night out as much as your players are, least he was honest with you guys and turned up and all you've done is grass him up so next time he'll just stay in bed and say he's ill, then someones gonna be missing a ref

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Dodgy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Get a grip, these guys are entitled to have a night out as much as your players are, least he was honest with you guys and turned up and all you've done is grass him up so next time he'll just stay in bed and say he's ill, then someones gonna be missing a ref

see you put in another performance sunday and grabbed a hat trick wheels all guns blazing again now whats that 10 between you and ryan in 2 games well done mate
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

title in the bag i reckon
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
title in the bag i reckon

undoubtedly with prem sports being there main dangers if any
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Have Advance stepped it up? Would they have taken the title back off Scrappy if they were still about??? Not seen em play....opinions??
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

Dodgy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Easy tiger I never said he wasn't allowed a night out did I. You don't know the full story of events as I couldn't be bothered writing them up, you will find that this is the first negative post I've ever wrote regarding a ref. I of all people appreciate exactly what a ref does, no ref no game, simple. So I didn't just willy nilly mention it.

If we had lost and I mentioned it, it would have been sour grapes, like I said you don't know the whole story.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Dodgy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Easy tiger I never said he wasn't allowed a night out did I. You don't know the full story of events as I couldn't be bothered writing them up, you will find that this is the first negative post I've ever wrote regarding a ref. I of all people appreciate exactly what a ref does, no ref no game, simple. So I didn't just willy nilly mention it.

If we had lost and I mentioned it, it would have been sour grapes, like I said you don't know the whole story.
The only problem is that has a level 4 Ref, Alliance team marks do not count towards promotion for him/her,I hope that he is given appropriate advice(dont be so honest next time!!!!) would be mine
well done for not naming him and has a ref myself i think its great you have gone through the correct channels instead of just
ranting on the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

People arent stupid, wouldn't they just check the fixtures and ref appointment if they cared?
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
People arent stupid, wouldn't they just check the fixtures and ref appointment if they cared?
god your right Dan,why didn't i think of that,i mean the appointed ref on the list never changes!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

Just looked at the appointed Referee and he has been carrying out his antics on Saturdays for the last couple of seasons and always gets away with it(if you need to know how the clues in the name!!) He's even going to be Refereeing a very high profile game soon in the Alliance League,WHICH JUST PROVES THE POINT THAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm

littlebigman wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
god your right Dan,why didn't i think of that,i mean the appointed ref on the list never changes!!!!!!!!

But from personal experience the website updates the Change very quickly. Poor old ref only wanted to enjoy his Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

Surely he should be struck off the alliance leagues list of referees. I have witnessed the same ref( i have not checked who it is i am assuming based on my experiences) STROLL over to a game at 10:40. And casually go about his business. Getting his hand me down kegs off to reveal his steam pressed refs kit...something habass to be done.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:02 am

Haha subtle.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:10 am

in honesty, just delighted we have had a ref for every game in over a season. I wouldnt slate a ref on here and have said in the past we need refs or we dont have sunday football, also, if you want a pro ref then become a pro footballer. But in same way that our manager will tell me not to punch a ball onto the opposition strikers head, i would offer an honest opinion on a ref.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

Widds wrote:
in honesty, just delighted we have had a ref for every game in over a season. I wouldnt slate a ref on here and have said in the past we need refs or we dont have sunday football, also, if you want a pro ref then become a pro footballer. But in same way that our manager will tell me not to punch a ball onto the opposition strikers head, i would offer an honest opinion on a ref.

Surely there's one of them blowers that might make some steam come out ya ears.

Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:09 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

blimey it weren't whistleblower was it? Shocked

Ironically, this guy made Whistleblower look semi proffesional.....

HA, HAAAAA, I've seen you play football Embarassed - you've not seen me ref - you don't play at a high enough level for a start!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

Dodgy wrote:

Good shout Mr. Wheeler, we go out on a Staurday night just like the players do (got to spend your cash on something)...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

Whistleblower, I know i'm sh1te, lol.....

Broke my leg in 3 places, ripped my ligaments to bits, have a stretched cruciate which makes me turn like the QE2 and i'm an OAP so I don't play, not played football in any form ( apart from a couple of cameo roles ) since i was 23, that's a long, long time ago.

You however ref on many occasions week in week out and still level 7 gash ! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

HAAA, and proves my point you have no idea - about football or who you think I am.

Jog on son...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
HAAA, and proves my point you have no idea - about football or who you think I am.

Jog on son...

Very Happy

I can only just about walk with my knees.
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Ha... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Very Happy

I can only just about walk with my knees.[/quote]

Thats what your misses says... sunny Wink
Back to top Go down
mbinblack

mbinblack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

Just to add my thoughts to the so called lazt Ref that couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, as stated we are all allowed out on a Saturday night if we feel the need to go out, but as a Referee myself I have a duty to attend my appointment for the Sunday fixture I have been allocated.
As a Referee we can close dates wich means we can have days off if we wan't to, this so called Referee decided not to take this course of action and as a so called level 4 Referee has let himself down and the two teams in question.
Did the secretary do the right thing in reporting this Referee ..... YES he did in my opinion and would hope County FA take action against him.
I work 90 hours away all week and still do both my games on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings.
To both teams in question please don't paint all referee's with the same brush, and to the Referee in question you have shamed the rest of us ....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

as i said in the report the refs are of an exceptional standard and more importantly -we have refs for nearly all games. Everyone is entitled to a night out, and hangovers are not an issue. My only major concern was players getting injured because ref wasnt close enough to play. And in same way that if one of our players was making late tackles and injuring people due to alcohol then a bit of a word in the ear from manager to player or ref sec to referee is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

mbinblack wrote:
Just to add my thoughts to the so called lazt Ref that couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, as stated we are all allowed out on a Saturday night if we feel the need to go out, but as a Referee myself I have a duty to attend my appointment for the Sunday fixture I have been allocated.
As a Referee we can close dates wich means we can have days off if we wan't to, this so called Referee decided not to take this course of action and as a so called level 4 Referee has let himself down and the two teams in question.
Did the secretary do the right thing in reporting this Referee ..... YES he did in my opinion and would hope County FA take action against him.
I work 90 hours away all week and still do both my games on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings.
To both teams in question please don't paint all referee's with the same brush, and to the Referee in question you have shamed the rest of us ....
your right what you say Clive but the said Ref is very good friends with the county RDO and from that point is untouchable,he will carry on doing it as he has been for the last few years without any consequences.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

littlebigman wrote:
mbinblack wrote:
your right what you say Clive but the said Ref is very good friends with the county RDO and from that point is untouchable,he will carry on doing it as he has been for the last few years without any consequences.

That aint Clive man in black is Clive
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

mbinblack wrote:
I work 90 hours away all week and still do both my games on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings.....

good grief you've either got a hefty mortgage, five kids, too much debt, or you're just very money grabbing in nature.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Widds wrote:
as i said in the report the refs are of an exceptional standard and more importantly -we have refs for nearly all games. Everyone is entitled to a night out, and hangovers are not an issue. My only major concern was players getting injured because ref wasnt close enough to play. And in same way that if one of our players was making late tackles and injuring people due to alcohol then a bit of a word in the ear from manager to player or ref sec to referee is the way to go.

or a pissed up goalie, jumping in the air and headbutting you.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Who is the ref?? I'm intrigued..............

I think Clive that we have the pleasure of your company in the morning?????

Don't worry, Ogden is no longer with us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

Although, i brought this up, think it needs to be put to bed now, i was a bit miffed to start with but i'm over it now, lol.

No need to name him or keep going over it, let's move on.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

Ive heard one side has already been playing ringers this season...
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

referees do a difficult job at the best of times. there arent many coming on here saying how good a certain referee is or how well he reffed a game or all the decisions he made were spot on nope not a chance its just when they have a mare everyone is quick to point it out.
i think we (the whole aliance league) have the best standard of refs on a sunday morning in the county and we should at the bare minimum be thankful of that.
also if like the magician you go through the proper channels when your not happy with a referee's performance i cant see what the problem is. not everyone is going to be happy about a decision made or a goal disallowed or whatever reason it is but we should still show a bit of appreciation and respect for what they do, after all without them we all would be spending sunday with the missus No
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

we as referees have been warned from the top about what we say on social networking sites and football forums such as this, about clubs,,,we have been told that we can be banned from officiating if we say something on that about a club or player, that he or they dont like and report it.

i would say that this will apply to players and clubs if they say something about an official that goes against the grain then they can also be reported,and dealt with,,,

so be very careful about naming people on here, as the fa are taking this seriously this season,

yes magna will see you in the morning,,nice and early Very Happy

( and yes please dont confuse me with mbinblack)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

man in black wrote:
we as referees have been warned from the top about what we say on social networking sites and football forums such as this,)

silent No

I think we should just leave things with a word of warning. Beware. Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

Hellboy wrote:
man in black wrote:
we as referees have been warned from the top about what we say on social networking sites and football forums such as this,)

silent No

Cant imagine a referee coming on here and slating a club or individual though, i think they are better than that...its us rough wannabe footballers that cause the commotion. Laughing cherry
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
man in black wrote:

silent No

Cant imagine a referee coming on here and slating a club or individual though, i think they are better than that...its us rough wannabe footballers that cause the commotion. Laughing cherry

Well apart from Whistleblower, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday11th September   Banter for Sunday11th September - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday11th September
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next