Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 28 September

Go down 
+9
man in black
FC POCHIN
NiffyA
LFC for Life !!
phil_brown
Rwhite08
the owl
Bucko
Gordon
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 28 September Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2014, 6:28 pm

How is your League form shaping up - before County Competitions start?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2014, 1:58 pm

Thurmo 0-1 Oadby

Dissapointed to lose but only ourselfs to blame, post twice, bar twice and missed a pen to go with countless other chances, dominated the game but if you dont score you dont win but fair play to oadby 1 chance and took it and defended well on it.
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm

mowmacre 9 wigston utd 0
very close first half believe it or not? we both had chances and we took em to go in 2-0 up.
2nd half different story....coleman off the bench to bag a trick best 20 mins ive seen from a player for ages ...unplayable.
clint gunn hatrick in the 2nd half too quality.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 8:09 am

CSKA Carnabys 0-7 NPE. Best performance we have had for a long time yesterday. Some of our play was brilliant. We were 4-0 within half hour and looked like scoring every time we attacked. The work rate was superb and we played out the back. Now although the Scoreline suggest it was a walkover it really was not all one way. CSKA created some great chances particularly second half but found Luke are keeper in inspired form and had to be man of the match. I don't think you would see a better performance anywhere and some of his saves were unreal. Back to back wins and two good performances have raised moral after a bad start to the season. CSKA won't lose many games at home and as always have some good players.
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 12:45 pm

Aths 4 Wigston Rangers 2 - Eventful weekend, Saturday evening couldn't get hold of our home ground to access the cross bar keys (another story), ended up moving to an alternative venue and luckily all went ok.

Started the game with a bare 11 including me having to play, eventually we had a sub arrive. Wigston were the better team for 25 minutes and eventually took the lead. They could of gone 2 up after they had a couple of decent chances. We equalized with an absolute screamer and the second goal, we closed down the keepers clearance and bounced off our lads back and lobbed him. We also missed a peno to go 2-1 up also.

Second half we went 3-1 up and Wigston hit back, an absolute howler by myself set the striker up and scored a very decent finish. To give it a nervy ending we won another penalty to settle the game at 4-2. I think Wigston will pick some points up, they have a decent young side. Hope they stick together.

Referee - Martin Dexter, what can I say. Best ref we've had in 7 seasons of Sileby Athletic. Let the game flow, picked up on the little fouls and dissent. Credit to the league.

Massive thanks to Morley and Gordon - & Apologies for ringing them on Saturday night / Early Sunday morning as the game was on the verge of being called off. We wouldn't of got that support in the League we was in previously. I honestly don't think they are appreciated enough.

The joys of Sunday morning football - been a tough weekend!!
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 2:00 pm

Mivan 4-3 Royalist

A nail biter of a result. A great game, played in great spirit. Missing a couple of players this weekend but still had 15 turn up, can never complain with that. Played Royalist for the past couple of seasons and always a close game so did not expect anything else.

Both teams started the game brightly, few decent chances for both teams but we took the lead 10-15 mins into game. Doubled lead on 25 mins only to concede soon after 2-1 HT. We wanted to kill the game soon as poss in second half and scored 10 mins into 2nd half 3-1. But fair play to Royalist never say die spirit the pulled one back with 20 to play.

Nervy last 10 minutes for us, we had few chances to score and did not take them. With 10 left Royalist broke again, cut back from byline and 3-3. Proud of the lads not to let their heads drop and we pushed again and grabbed the winner with 5 mins to play.

Credit to both teams for a great game, Royalist played some nice football, good strikers esp Andy Hiron and a clever pacey midfielder (short lad), sorry cant remember name or shirt no.

Another good 3 points for us, Well done Hardeep another hat-trick, with one sublime Bergkamp-esque goal. Back to goal 40 yards out, balled drilled to his feet, flicked over defender head with first touch (whos marking tight), one bounce and a clinical finish in bottom corner.

Good luck to Royalist for the rest of season, great bunch of lads.

Season started badly suffering 2 loses in first 3 games. Started a little run now 3 wins in a row. Long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 2:09 pm

Niffy rangers 3-5 leicester foxes. Really disappointed to have been 3-2 up with 30 minutes to go and simply capitulated.

Disappointing unsporting behaviour from the opposing striker today, stating he was going to pass a drop ball back to the keeper before shooting at goal...just inside our box. Luckily our defender got a block on this, however they scored their third from the resulting corner.

Not surprising i suppose from a team who won div 1 last year before their relegation to div 2....if they continue this form i expect div 3 football is expected for them next season.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm

yeah we had trouble with him last week,signed on before the game and got all 3 goals for them
decent player but should not have been on the pitch after elbowing one of our players and kicking out at another
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 5:31 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Niffy rangers 3-5 leicester foxes. Really disappointed to have been 3-2 up with 30 minutes to go and simply capitulated.

Disappointing unsporting behaviour from the opposing striker today, stating he was going to pass a drop ball back to the keeper before shooting at goal...just inside our box. Luckily our defender got a block on this, however they scored their third from the resulting corner.

Not surprising i suppose from a team who won div 1 last year before their relegation to div 2....if they continue this form i expect div 3 football is expected for them next season.

remember the rule they bought in last year,,a goal cannot be scored direct from a drop-ball,so if it had gone in you would hope the ref disallows the goal anyway
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2014, 9:00 pm

Well would have been nice to have been reminded of this rule as the player shaped to shoot. We've never had to worry about this rule as all the teams ive played with and against before know how to show a bit of etiquette.

The referee could have still been strong enough to pull it back, as they gained an advantage from the shot. Unfortunately bully tactics won out.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014, 2:17 am

phil_brown wrote:
Massive thanks to Morley and Gordon - & Apologies for ringing them on Saturday night / Early Sunday morning as the game was on the verge of being called off. We wouldn't of got that support in the League we was in previously. I honestly don't think they are appreciated enough.

The joys of Sunday morning football - been a tough weekend!!
Unsung heroes. They soldier on in spite of the occasional, personally offensive criticism
Back to top Go down
Mat-92

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm

Vale 5 - 4 WPR

Another slow start from us going 3-1 down (seems to happen a bit to often) before grabbing a goal back bang on half time. Came out in the second half all guns blazing and looked a completely different side apart from being hit on the counter attack and backs against the wall for the last 10 minutes we looked worthy winners in the end.
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm

Pukka Pies 4-1 Global

A great game. We (Pukkas) win a penalty for a handball about 25 mins in, and we slot home to make it 1-0 although keeper dived right way.

Just before half time Global equalise with a lucky goal, and i'm not too sure it should have counted but sloppy defending as a corner is floated in towards our goalkeeper and their captain jumps into our keeper knocking him over and the ball hits their captain on the head and goes in.

1-1 HT, fair half both had some good chances but we had the better chances and should have been up at half time

After our half time team talk we came back out and started playing some nice football passing it out from the back and it really made a difference and we took the lead. The ball was crossed in from the left their player tried to head clear but it went straight into the air and dropped to me and about 10 yards out and I hit a volley past the keeper 2-1.

5 minutes later we then scored again after having majority of possession and then made it 4-1 5 minutes after that and that's how it stayed.

Fair play to Global didn't drop their heads despite us having most the possession in the second half
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Well would have been nice to have been reminded of this rule as the player shaped to shoot. We've never had to worry about this rule as all the teams ive played with and against before know how to show a bit of etiquette.

The referee could have still been strong enough to pull it back, as they gained an advantage from the shot. Unfortunately bully tactics won out.

he couldnt pull play back because they got an advanatge..it is not referee responsibilty to make sure ball is played back that is down to players, some refs will ask if they gonna play it back (being proactive), but only way they can take action is within laws if a goal is scored direct
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Oct 2014, 1:34 pm

clarkeh wrote:
Pukka Pies 4-1 Global

A great game. We (Pukkas) win a penalty for a handball about 25 mins in, and we slot home to make it 1-0 although keeper dived right way.

Just before half time Global equalise with a lucky goal, and i'm not too sure it should have counted but sloppy defending as a corner is floated in towards our goalkeeper and their captain jumps into our keeper knocking him over and the ball hits their captain on the head and goes in.

1-1 HT, fair half both had some good chances but we had the better chances and should have been up at half time

After our half time team talk we came back out and started playing some nice football passing it out from the back and it really made a difference and we took the lead. The ball was crossed in from the left their player tried to head clear but it went straight into the air and dropped to me and about 10 yards out and I hit a volley past the keeper 2-1.

5 minutes later we then scored again after having majority of possession and then made it 4-1 5 minutes after that and that's how it stayed.

Fair play to Global didn't drop their heads despite us having most the possession in the second half

I come and watched you at Pukka Pies play, and I can see why you have the 2nd best defence in division 5.
All 4 Defenders and your keeper were dominant in the air and on the ground,
The 2 Centre halves are so cool with the ball at there feet and your left back is pretty pacey
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Oct 2014, 4:43 pm

TheSpecialOne wrote:
clarkeh wrote:
Pukka Pies 4-1 Global

I come and watched you at Pukka Pies play, and I can see why you have the 2nd best defence in division 5.
All 4 Defenders and your keeper were dominant in the air and on the ground,
The 2 Centre halves are so cool with the ball at there feet and your left back is pretty pacey

Yes we've finally sorted out our defence, hoping for a good cup run and continue the league form now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 28 September   Banter - Sunday 28 September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 28 September
Page 1 of 1