Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 18 September

Go down 
+43
Bucko
reffinghell
Sparta3
Polska legend II
tobester29
Reem Team FC
Hellboy
RM05
Paulo
ShaNiO
Joey Barton
timmy mallet
bretty1
man in black
oily
Mivan are going up
carl211
Number1
Jim royle
Skeems
hotshot66
The Wh33l
whiteeagles
greeeedy
wheel1
Katie G
Giggsisgod
Pete Mourinho
browny15lfc
dezza
lingers
THE MAGICIAN
Snash
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jwithers
gattuso
Throop Boss
L.K.F.C
Hairy Hebrew!
Joey-Gattuso
josh harris st marks
Jimmyb
Gordon
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 18 September Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 11:45 pm

Tell the tale thread

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

Fosse City P v P Hurricanes

Hurricanes couldn't get a team together. Turned up with 7 and to be fair to those lads I think they were up for playing the match but league rules wouldn't allow it.

Watched first half of Polska V Wigston, currently 0-3.
Back to top Go down
josh harris st marks

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

ino it was 3 nil to st marks at half time dnt no the full score cnt wait to c wat azzul put on here but sure there will be sum kind of excuse oh we won 5.3 thats 4 out of 4 brilliant
Back to top Go down
Joey-Gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

St.Marks 5 - 3 AZ.

We didn't really deserve to win today (Azul). Fair play to St.Marks, scored two cracking free kicks and played some decent football. We woke up second half but wasn't enough in the end. Good luck 4 the rest of the season St Marks.

Back to top Go down
josh harris st marks

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

nice 1 tailby u 2 mate heard it was a gd game
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

Friar lane 0-3 royal oak
Dan Maxwell
Paul cox
Simon Herbert

First league win in 12 months. Woop woop
In all fairness it kudda been 10. Friar lane were pretty poor to be honest.
My first game back so cant comment on previous games but feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD to finally get.a win
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

MDH Knights 2
Reem Team 3

God knows what's happening with us right now. Good competitive game for the first 35 mins at which point Reem went down to 10 men (don't think the lad meant it but I can't see any complaints with the straight red it wasn't a pretty tackle) at that point we were in the ascendency. 0-0 at half time and the second half started the same and we were rewarded with 2 goals. Then we self destruct again! Fair play to reem they kept going but this is a game we had won and with a load of stupid bickering we threw it away!
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

Throop 1-4 advance
Gave them a good game for a hour , hit the bar twice and one off the line , but Reece lester scored to make it 3-1 to kill us off !
All the best to advance
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Epworth 2 - 4 nri

Today i have never seen us play so poor in the first half, 1-1 at ht. Picked it up in the 2nd half and took control of the game. Still alot more to come from us, need to improve. 10 points from 12, good start though
Back to top Go down
Jwithers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

Just like to say burden my canoes done the talking even tho I turned up drunk and had adam on my back the whole game every time I knocked it round he ild be giving him a piggy back.... Good goal from shane tho and a good game all round good luck to azul..... And hopefully all other teams who said we aint yet been tested take a good look at the result
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

Wigston Rangers 1-1 Aylestone Athletic.
Oh dear I missed an open goal at 1-1 in the second half. Had a nightmare and that cost us the 3 points. Our keeper Rich Godby was brilliant in his first game back.
Shaun Rowley with the goal in his final game before heading off to uni. Aylestone are a good side they will win a fair few games.
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 2:02 pm

Global Athletic 8-2 FC City Of Leicester
Kris Mort 4
Sameer Abdulla
Alex Burton
Telmo Barroso
Ben Pearce

We were really pegged back in the first half and went in at 1-1. After a half time rollicking we played our best 45 mins this season.

Great first half for FCCOL. If they play like they did in the first half for a full game the results will come.

Great reffing from Kev French too.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

gattuso wrote:
Epworth 2 - 4 nri

Today i have never seen us play so poor in the first half, 1-1 at ht. Picked it up in the 2nd half and took control of the game. Still alot more to come from us, need to improve. 10 points from 12, good start though

Still scratching my head now, been with NRI 12 months now and I've never seen us play that badly, only saving grace is we got the win. Need to buck our ideas up for next week.
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

kaffir 3 dme 3
ABSOLUTLY GUTTED i dont think the dme boys will disagree we were the better side today
we were 3-0 up with 15 mins to go and totally dominated the game then we fell apart. fair play to dme for cumin back into it with bare 11 but it was me again in goal who gave it away and cost us 2 valuble points. we again shud of had about 10 goals today badly missin our striker gav we cant seen to finish all the chances we create but thanks to dme good game just gutted.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

huncote 5 v 1 saff lounge

missing 5 today with no louis finney-neckles, ryan rowley,matt rudkin and dunks but still should have had a good enough side out, absolute shocker of a first half from us and some strange decisions going against us but hey thats football, fair play to huncote they are a good set of lads,played as a team and took their chances!!!
we need to improve massively before nri next week...lets hope the lads get back from gatecrasher in a good state affraid

think we are definitely out of the title race already
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

Kilworth 2-1 NRI res

Players let us down and didn't turn up and half were still hammered. We got taught a footballing lesson by NRI but Jed Downing scored 2 beauties as we robbed them blind..

Hopefully the adage about winning when playing poorly... Is true.

Ps, the Liverpool team went out with our lads last night too. Just not sure who was the worse today
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

dezza wrote:

missing 5 today with no louis finney-neckles, ryan rowley,matt rudkin and dunks but still should have had a good enough side out, absolute shocker of a first half from us and some strange decisions going against us but hey thats football, fair play to huncote they are a good set of lads,played as a team and took their chances!!!
we need to improve massively before nri next week...lets hope the lads get back from gatecrasher in a good state affraid

Cheers Dezza real team display from my lads today, saff were not at their best but we took out chances in a good first half for us. Second half was even if anything saff were better, but delighted with the start to the season 3 wins from 3 games can't ask for anymore!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
dezza wrote:

Cheers Dezza real team display from my lads today, saff were not at their best but we took out chances in a good first half for us. Second half was even if anything saff were better, but delighted with the start to the season 3 wins from 3 games can't ask for anymore!

very good start mate, your boys work rate was quality and probably the biggest difference!!!! i think you will have a good season
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

Got to agree huncote did the damage in a poor first half for a depleted saff,also huncote good bunch of lads and wish them the best for the rest of the season one thing I must add though is Mark brennans goal has got to be goal of the season considering he was stood on the line with his clothes on all game lol
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

Giggsisgod wrote:
Got to agree huncote did the damage in a poor first half for a depleted saff,also huncote good bunch of lads and wish them the best for the rest of the season one thing I must add though is Mark brennans goal has got to be goal of the season considering he was stood on the line with his clothes on all game lol

Ok to clear this up " the Brennan's"

Wayne played in goal
His brother Jamie not signed on watched in his jeans! (this is who you thought was Mark I guess)
Mark not related played up top and scored the first
Shaun & Craig: Mark's brother not signed (yet) play St Pats Saturdays

Too many Brennan's don't know what do with them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

Magna Town 11-1 Aylestone Lounge Bar

Hogan Smith 2; Luke Chritchlow 3; Kieran Rowley 2; Harvey Webb; Leon Blaber 2; Paul Goddard

Aylestone only had 10 men and for the second week in a row we ran the oppositions line.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

MT Sec wrote:

Hogan Smith 2; Luke Chritchlow 3; Kieran Rowley 2; Harvey Webb; Leon Blaber 2; Paul Goddard

Aylestone only had 10 men and for the second week in a row we ran the oppositions line.

Great result for your lads Katy Smile 11 goals even against 10 men is a statement and a half!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:

Great result for your lads Katy Smile 11 goals even against 10 men is a statement and a half!
They kept their heads despite some of Aylestone's players forgetting they were there to play football. And their trash talk was brill, especially towards me. Well from one player anyway. Games like that can be fun!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

Like I have said before, this division 3 is going to be one hell of a league and it's already turning out to be that way, apart from Huncote who have a 100% start everyone else have dropped points.
Back to top Go down
wheel1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

wheel 0-2 white eagles

The score line flattered them to be fair we were by far the better team just couldn't put our chances away should have put atleast 7 past them but there keeper was awsome should be playing at a higher level in my opinion. There lino in the first half was absolutly shocking dont think he knew the rules of football (note to the lino)(when ever a player receives the ball don't mean he is offside) be*l end cost us a few goals. Take nothing away from them though they play some good football and knock it around well but we should have beat them quite easily it was just one of them games.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:

They kept their heads despite some of Aylestone's players forgetting they were there to play football. And their trash talk was brill, especially towards me. Well from one player anyway. Games like that can be fun!!

Didn't realize you were that kinda girl lol gives our players something to hinge about

Seriously tho the 'promoted' teams from div 4 have started well Smile
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

bullies 1 - 6 prem sports

a really good game of football but totally unfair result and im sure all the prem lads will agree with that.
a really good start to the game from us today mobbsy scoring a good header that was disallowed for some unknown reason. prem eventually went 1-0 up from a peno that in my opinion was never 1. liam dutfield scored a beauty to level it 10 from the break and i thought we were the better side that half. second half prem started brightly and after 10 mins went 2-1 up. we were still playing very well and had a peno claim turned down and 2 more goals disallowed 1 from kyle a great header for climbing which i thought was petty and mobbsy with a neat finish but flagged for offside even tho dredd was on the goal line. 15 mins left and our right back jarred his knee and had to come off then 5 mins later adam charlton snapped his cruciate ligament and dislocated his knee and will probably not play again (such a shame he was awsome today and hope he gets better soon from all of the lads) as soon as the restart got underway after having to shuffle around we fell apart and prem scored 4 in 10 mins. even tho scorline like that some real positives to take away from this game as i personally thought we were the better side for the best part of 70 mins. vernon harper was class today and scored an absolute pearler from just inside his own half (really was a bit of magic) best goal ive seen for a while.
prem are a good side and good bunch of lads some fantastic banter between us and all the best for the season to them.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

greeeedy wrote:

a really good game of football but totally unfair result and im sure all the prem lads will agree with that.
a really good start to the game from us today mobbsy scoring a good header that was disallowed for some unknown reason. prem eventually went 1-0 up from a peno that in my opinion was never 1. liam dutfield scored a beauty to level it 10 from the break and i thought we were the better side that half. second half prem started brightly and after 10 mins went 2-1 up. we were still playing very well and had a peno claim turned down and 2 more goals disallowed 1 from kyle a great header for climbing which i thought was petty and mobbsy with a neat finish but flagged for offside even tho dredd was on the goal line. 15 mins left and our right back jarred his knee and had to come off then 5 mins later adam charlton snapped his cruciate ligament and dislocated his knee and will probably not play again (such a shame he was awsome today and hope he gets better soon from all of the lads) as soon as the restart got underway after having to shuffle around we fell apart and prem scored 4 in 10 mins. even tho scorline like that some real positives to take away from this game as i personally thought we were the better side for the best part of 70 mins. vernon harper was class today and scored an absolute pearler from just inside his own half (really was a bit of magic) best goal ive seen for a while.
prem are a good side and good bunch of lads some fantastic banter between us and all the best for the season to them.

we really need to pick our heads up next week against glenfield and start getting a few results as confidence in the team is at an all time low. some of the lads are even questioning themselves which is not the best either i hope we can pick our heads up and start believing in ourselves again as we did at the back end of last season. we know we are out the title race but a few wins just to prove ourselves might get us back in some sort of form for a cup (maybe)
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

greeeedy wrote:

a really good start to the game from us today mobbsy scoring a good header that was disallowed for some unknown reason. prem eventually went 1-0 up from a peno that in my opinion was never 1. liam dutfield scored a beauty to level it 10 from the break and i thought we were the better side that half. second half prem started brightly and after 10 mins went 2-1 up. we were still playing very well and had a peno claim turned down and 2 more goals disallowed 1 from kyle a great header for climbing which i thought was petty and mobbsy with a neat finish but flagged for offside even tho dredd was on the goal line. 15 mins left and our right back jarred his knee and had to come off then 5 mins later adam charlton snapped his cruciate ligament and dislocated his knee and will probably not play again (such a shame he was awsome today and hope he gets better soon from all of the lads) as soon as the restart got underway after having to shuffle around we fell apart and prem scored 4 in 10 mins. even tho scorline like that some real positives to take away from this game as i personally thought we were the better side for the best part of 70 mins. vernon harper was class today and scored an absolute pearler from just inside his own half (really was a bit of magic) best goal ive seen for a while. without saying too much bad the ref had an absolute mare some terrible decisions for both sides awful.

Hope Adam gets well soon, hope he comes back from that Greeeeedy, although that does sound nasty. We also had a player Chay Carter get a bad knee injury today, he is down the royal now, hope its not as bad as that looked either...

Gutted for both of them.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
greeeedy wrote:

Hope Adam gets well soon, hope he comes back from that Greeeeedy, although that does sound nasty. We also had a player Chay Carter get a bad knee injury today, he is down the royal now, hope its not as bad as that looked either...

Gutted for both of them.

yeah nice one malc i hope they both recover well too. adam wont play again i dont think tho his knee was like a size 4 football and still swelling when he left for the hospital and that really is no exaggeration. what makes it worse it killed us dead when he went off and then prem destroyed us for the last 10 mins veron and barber were kept quiet untill then and all of a sudden just produced a top drawer 10 mins between them and ruined any chance of us coming back
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:01 pm

wheel1 wrote:
wheel 0-2 white eagles

The score line flattered them to be fair we were by far the better team just couldn't put our chances away should have put atleast 7 past them but there keeper was awsome should be playing at a higher level in my opinion. There lino in the first half was absolutly shocking dont think he knew the rules of football (note to the lino)(when ever a player receives the ball don't mean he is offside) be*l end cost us a few goals. Take nothing away from them though they play some good football and knock it around well but we should have beat them quite easily it was just one of them games.
Thank you for your comment but I disagree.

At half time, it could have been 5/6-0 to us, we must have had about 80% possession and were unlucky to only go 1-0 up at half time. You had a good first 20 minutes (in which you could have had 3 or 4 yourself) in the 2nd half and then it was fairly even after that.

Another issue that I don't understand is the linesman issue.

I will admit to anybody reading this that against Hotshots, our linesman was awful - but it was the first time he had done it and since then will/has not done it again. Today, we had 2 of our subs running the line and I can't remember one dodgy call. I see on this forum people moaning about the linesman every week, but maybe its just become a common excuse?

Apart from that though, I thought we had a very good, well contested game. Ref was excellent. And all credit to The Wheel who gave it a good go. Good luck for the rest of the season.

First win for the Eagles! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Wh33l

The Wh33l

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

wheel1 wrote:
wheel 0-2 white eagles

Thank you for your comment but I disagree.

At half time, it could have been 5/6-0 to us, we must have had about 80% possession and were unlucky to only go 1-0 up at half time. You had a good first 20 minutes (in which you could have had 3 or 4 yourself) in the 2nd half and then it was fairly even after that.

Another issue that I don't understand is the linesman issue.

I will admit to anybody reading this that against Hotshots, our linesman was awful - but it was the first time he had done it and since then will/has not done it again. Today, we had 2 of our subs running the line and I can't remember one dodgy call. I see on this forum people moaning about the linesman every week, but maybe its just become a common excuse?

Apart from that though, I thought we had a very good, well contested game. Ref was excellent. And all credit to The Wheel who gave it a good go. Good luck for the rest of the season.

First win for the Eagles

i disagree that it could of been 5/6 to you in first half although you did have alot of possession but i can only remember 2 other clear cut chances other than the goal (which in my opinion was sloppy defending but finished well). 2nd half was a different story from the whistle we were on the offensive and your passing/possession was limited untill the last 5-10 minutes when we were chasing the game and you hit us with a sucker punch!! before that we should of buried at least 4 of our 10/11 chances but it wasnt to be!!!! your keeper played very well 2nd half & you have a couple of good players in middle of park.

all the best for the season & looking forward to the rematch!!!
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

Hotshots 3 - 1 Little Bowden

Game was quite frustrating today, controlled the vast majority of the game played some really nice stuff but lacked the killer ball, we missed a few 1 on 1's, at least 4 off the line went in at HT 0-0.

Bowden scored on a rare attack, think it was the best thing that could of happened to us really as it gave us a kick up the arse. Replied with 3 in fairly quick succession and seen out the game

Hotshots goals from Matty Coyne, Jack Corry x2

Last edited by hotshot66 on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Niffy Rangers 2-3 Magna 73 Rangers

We played quite well today except the front 3 couldn't score in a brothel today!!!

We dominated up until the final third and then precided to miss chance after chance after chance..........none really clear cut though

Bomma scored a peno when there defender handled in the area, potentially ball to hand rather than the other way round and Bomma scored the peno although the keeper nearly saved it.

Then we had a 2nd disallowed for offside, Browny missed a header from 3 yards out, we had number a number of half chances which we scuffed at or the final pass just eluded us.

Then Jenko left his near post open for a 25 yarder right at the start of the 2nd half Wink

Then the same, we dominated possesion but failed to finish and then they made it 2-1, they had had 2 shots and scored both whilst we had had about 20 with only about 5 on target.

Finally we got it together, Tom Cartwright made it 2-2 and then Browny scored a quality goal with 5 minutes to go.

Very relieved to win. Well played to Niffy, well reffed by Clive and the game was played in right spirit.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

Quote :

i disagree that it could of been 5/6 to you in first half although you did have alot of possession but i can only remember 2 other clear cut chances other than the goal (which in my opinion was sloppy defending but finished well). 2nd half was a different story from the whistle we were on the offensive and your passing/possession was limited untill the last 5-10 minutes when we were chasing the game and you hit us with a sucker punch!! before that we should of buried at least 4 of our 10/11 chances but it wasnt to be!!!! your keeper played very well 2nd half & you have a couple of good players in middle of park.

all the best for the season & looking forward to the rematch!!!
This is our first season, we have a lot of players who have never played competitively on a Sunday before but so far we are all loving it, we have played some great teams, with great spirit and met some great lads. If this is how its going to be for the rest of the season then long may it continue.

Having played at Under-17s level, there is a massive difference between mens and under-17s - mainly in the attitudes of players and spirit in which the game is played in and that is something this league can be proud of.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

just looking at some of the results

star & garter are on absolute fire could be in for a very good season and i for one am not looking forward to playing them in our artur moore group.

also a mention for glenny town they seem to be really giving it a go this season and have had some decent if not spectacular results..... fair play to them

and last but not least magna town/nri and huncote also look to have a very very realistic chance of silverware in division 3 this season after a few impressive results well done lads

Last edited by greeeedy on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:
MT Sec wrote:

Didn't realize you were that kinda girl lol gives our players something to hinge about

Seriously tho the 'promoted' teams from div 4 have started well Smile
Yeah it's a good division hey. And a bit of banter makes Sunday mornings more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

Alot of work required from the nri boys after today's performance! We will take the 3 points but I think epworth will feel they deserved something! Stunning goal from Chris secured the points but alot of improvement required to stay in contention! Very difficult league that will go down to the wire!
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

2 comments in 3 weeks about the wheel Lino! Notice a trend?
Back to top Go down
The Wh33l

The Wh33l

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

Number1 wrote:
2 comments in 3 weeks about the wheel Lino! Notice a trend?

i think you'll find the earlier posts refer to white eagles lino!!!!

please read properly! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 18 September
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next