Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Constitution 2014-15

Go down 
+44
Churchill
L.K.F.C
oily
CornerFlag
Aussie Owl
stevepercy
michu
Cobbo
Notts
bishbosh
mowmacre fc
jc007
GaryNev
Paulo
cookie-monster
Thatchers
FC POCHIN
LK_United
Polska legend II
dezza
trueblue
monsellwmc
spartamoshdock
Hairy Hebrew!
hayden1
Gifford
Brian_and_Peter
gattuso
THE MAGICIAN
Blackie
mermick
allen654
CSKA17
bretty1
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jimmyb
Pete Mourinho
MJR Legend
Sparta3
TheStarInnFC
Polingtons
Bucko
tysmith c.n.f.c
Gordon
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:04 pm

Thats a fair point
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm

It doesn't matter what I say, we will be playing in the prem this season.
In 6 months from now, I'll remind everyone about this conversation/rant followed by the words "I told you so".

At the same time, looking down at Sparta Moshdock walking away with division 1!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:36 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
No hairy, I said your better than us, not that u should be in the prem.
Your lads destroyed us in that cup final and you know it!!!

how do u work out that we are better? That game was a couple of seasons back. And I thought it was a very even game. We hardly destroyed you. Far from it. You cant base whether we are better than you on a game 2 seasons ago when you wont let JimmyB do the same.

Last season you won division 3 fairlyish comfortably where we scrapped division 4. Most teams that played us from the turn of the year would agree we have been pretty poor this calendar year.

I honestly think you'll do not too bad in the Prem. Like everyone says the standard isnt the same these days and when you have a goal scoring machine like you boys you'll always do well.

Theres alot of teams out there that, ok sometimes struggle through the season but persevere with it, look at Glenfield, a prime example. If its not going well dont throw in the towel! You lads are better than that. Good luck to ya pal
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:43 pm

Also think if any teams have more right to complain then its got to be Phoenix and Thurmaston surely with Moshdock looking like the biggest winners in all this. Not slagging Moshdock off at all, its just how it looks.

I'd love to complain about our jump but how can I when Enness amd Thurmaston have had to cope with the same jump.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm

Hardly comfortable winning div 3. Phoenix were 6 points clear with 5 games left and we're looking clear favourites to win the division. Then they slipped up and lost 2 games. We were fortunate that the 2 draws against east goscote were enough. Wasn't easy, just consistant.

We've got you in a friendly in august so your comments will be interesting if you beat us.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 4:55 pm

Cant judge anything by a friendly  Laughing 

Dont even know what players we have yet! will look forward to it though pal
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:15 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Also think if any teams have more right to complain then its got to be Phoenix and Thurmaston surely with Moshdock looking like the biggest winners in all this. Not slagging Moshdock off at all, its just how it looks.

I'd love to complain about our jump but how can I when Enness amd Thurmaston have had to cope with the same jump.  

I can see why it looks that way, but we aren't winners in this. I believe the league have put us in the right division considering our points.

We were going to start a reserve team, which when I asked Morley what division we would be in he said at least two below the first team (Div 2). When that idea didn't come off, I explained that although it'll now only be one team, it is the players that would have been in the reserve team that will be playing. Therefore the league have put us in one.

I get why people might think this is a strange one, and I feel for Thurmaston, but from our point of view, we've done nothing wrong and have been put in the correct division due to the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:18 pm

Really don't know why people are getting so wound up about the prem, the standard really isn't that great anymore, I could understand if it was full of teams like advance,scrappy,prem sports etc if you are prepared to work hard you will get points on the board!We played Phoenix and royal oak last season and both gave us harder games than some premier teams and I think both of them would agree that we weren't that special a team and we were in the prem!

I do think that regardless of moshdock losing players they should have stayed in the prem instead of thurmaston, we scored 18 goals past Thurmo in 2 games! I think they have ony stayed in prem as the reserves have gone to div 1 like oak and enness (not sure if that's spelt correctly)

What teams are in the prem for you to honestly worry about?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:20 pm

Jack I agree you are in the right division but you suffer from being used as the example in Thurlaston's case! There is no way they should be in the prem, they are not one of the best 11 teams in the league!

I am not trying to offend thurmaston by the way!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:33 pm

dezza wrote:
Jack I agree you are in the right division but you suffer from being used as the example in Thurlaston's case! There is no way they should be in the prem, they are not one of the best 11 teams in the league!

Make your mind up mate...do you think we're in the right division or not?!  Wink Haha

We are also suffering because of what some other teams have done in the past (and this season in one teams case), where they have told the league they've lost players and then gone on to destroy the division they've been put in.

As I've said before, I am happy to go through names of players we have lost/are signing if people want me to...but we believe strongly that the league have made the right decision about us, not necessarily about other clubs, but we don't see that as our fault.

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:35 pm

Haha you are in the right division, but my point was if it was out of you or thurmaston to go down and only would would go down it should have been thurmaston more than you. You should both have gone down
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 5:41 pm

Totally agree on that one. But like you said, I'm assuming its the placement of Thurmo ressies in Div 1 that means they couldn't be.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

You should be in the prem. Whether you've lost players or not, you were an existing premier team. Your the winners here but you'll never admit that. If your reserves were already an existing team during a season and the first team dropped out then the rules state that the reserves drop out the league and first team continues. So why any different pre season
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 6:32 pm

dezza wrote:
Really don't know why people are getting so wound up about the prem, the standard really isn't that great anymore, I could understand if it was full of teams like advance,scrappy,prem sports etc if you are prepared to work hard you will get points on the board!We played Phoenix and royal oak last season and both gave us harder games than some premier teams and I think both of them would agree that we weren't that special a team and we were in the prem!

I do think that regardless of moshdock losing players they should have stayed in the prem instead of thurmaston, we scored 18 goals past Thurmo in 2 games! I think they have ony stayed in prem as the reserves have gone to div 1 like oak and enness (not sure if that's spelt correctly)

What teams are in the prem for you to honestly worry about?

your first paragraph is absolutely spot on Dezza. Star & Garter aside, I don't believe any other side will be destroying teams on a regular basis. If the league had taken the easy way out and just nudged a few of the more progressive sides up one division or so, then we would have had another season of poor quality top two divisions. there really isn't that much gap between the top 3 divisions (at least not at the top end) in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 6:34 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
dezza wrote:

Make your mind up mate...do you think we're in the right division or not?!  Wink Haha

We are also suffering because of what some other teams have done in the past (and this season in one teams case), where they have told the league they've lost players and then gone on to destroy the division they've been put in.

As I've said before, I am happy to go through names of players we have lost/are signing if people want me to...but we believe strongly that the league have made the right decision about us, not necessarily about other clubs, but we don't see that as our fault.

I don't recall many - if any - of those from recent memory?
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 6:38 pm

No offence taken dezza exactly the point me and bucko r trying to make, we assumed finishing bottom getting hammered every week That wld b enough to b relegated Didn't know we had to put a letter in we probably won't b much better than last season
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 7:40 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:
dezza wrote:

I don't recall many - if any - of those from recent memory?

Frolesworth?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 7:44 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
You should be in the prem. Whether you've lost players or not, you were an existing premier team. Your the winners here but you'll never admit that. If your reserves were already an existing team during a season and the first team dropped out then the rules state that the reserves drop out the league and first team continues. So why any different pre season

An existing Prem team that finished bottom two, so according to people who keep banging on about 2 up 2 down we should have been relegated anyway. It's fine if you think we're the winners, we've got a clear conscience about the way we've done things and the reasons behind it. If you feel it's a such a big issue take it up with the league, not us.

As for your second point, I completely disagree. That's like saying if we started a reserve team now and, rules permitted, we should go straight into the Prem? Which is ridiculous. Pre season is when many changes are made and leagues are rejigged, the exact reason why it is different to the middle of a season.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

Also, people seem to have forgotten about Leicester Foxes?
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

So you believe that Monsell WMC should take the place of Sparta Moshdock in the premier?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
So you believe that Monsell WMC should take the place of Sparta Moshdock in the premier?

I'm pretty sure I never said that?! But just because you're not happy with your position, why does that mean we should have to be the ones who believe we're not in the right division? I'm sure you're not the only ones who are unhappy, and as I said, I get that. We said we'd see the season out whatever happened, but the league decided to put us in one, which we believe is right considering our circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:23 pm

No offence taken and its great that pretty much everyone can see our point but the league itself...moshdock must be laughing but fair plsy to them its not there fault they put there case forward and it worked it just makes the league look silly really
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:27 pm

Bucko wrote:
No offence taken and its great that pretty much everyone can see our point but the league itself...moshdock must be laughing but fair plsy to them its not there fault they put there case forward and it worked it just makes the league look silly really

You're right we put our case forward and they listened. But we're not 'laughing' as you suggest as this implies we've tried to pull a fast one over the league and all the other clubs, and we most certainly haven't. I've explained our circumstances before, but if people want me to clarify our reasoning again, I'm happy to do so.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:32 pm

Not having ago i say fair play to you all iam saying is the league look really silly putting us in the prem over urselfs having been spanked every week....we shudnt have a case to answer losing 12 from 12 shud be perfect evidance
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm

The league are wrong on a few decisions with this constitution it seems. As its only a draft constitution then surely the league should act on whats being said and do something about it before declaring the final constitution.
I myself believe that 3 from div 1 should be in the prem and 3 from the prem should be in 1.
I think you all know which 3 from each
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 8:46 pm

Bucko wrote:
Not having ago i say fair play to you all iam saying is the league look really silly putting us in the prem over urselfs having been spanked every week....we shudnt have a case to answer losing 12 from 12 shud be perfect evidance

And I fully agree with you on that mate. But it doesn't change the view we have of our own circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 9:01 pm

I totally understand mate and ive never once slagged ur team off iam just fighting our case eitherway hope you have a good season no hard feelings
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2014, 10:34 pm

Bucko wrote:
I totally understand mate and ive never once slagged ur team off iam just fighting our case eitherway hope you have a good season no hard feelings

I know you haven't mate, just feel like I'm always trying to justify our position, when if people fully understood (or actually listened) they might understand. But that's not saying I agree with what has happened to other teams.

Equally, I hope you have a good season and good luck with both teams. Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:47 am

Yeh yeh. We get what your saying. Reserves set up, then first team folded, leaving the reserves as a first team. We get you pal. But I'd still put you in the prem! You lose players then its unlucky. Why should other teams struggle so you don't have to?
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:48 am

Aimed at the league committee of course!
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:51 am

I'll make it easy for you. How many players do you have that have played in the prem before?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 6:43 am

It's not that straight forward though Adam, just cos they've played in the Prem before, doesn't make them good enough. Equally, I think they could probably compete in what will likely be a two tier Prem this year, with 3 or 4 at the top being a way ahead of the other 8-10 teams. I think most of the teams in there will have enough competitive games. in the past 1 or 2 teams would be weak and get stuffed a lot and then fold. This year it should be different
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 7:25 am

monsellwmc wrote:
I'll make it easy for you. How many players do you have that have played in the prem before?

On the flip side then, why should we struggle so other teams don't have to? It's the same point! Plus, we didn't lose players, we chose to change the way the club would be run and the whole ethos, going back to players that played for us when we were in Division 3.

And to answer your question....we have 5 out of 22 that have played in the Prem before. That's under a quarter of our players. Plus out of them, only 2 were regulars in the side. Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 7:42 am

Thurmaston will more than likely have 2/3 players from the original side that started last year, like u say moshdock y shld we struggle AGAIN so others don't have 2, hopefully the league will c we've had our turn
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 8:04 am

Clearly someone has to struggle in every division!

The league really were in a no win situation, I do think Thurmaston are the main issue, to stay up after the season they just had is slightly strange.

Also, wasn't Monsell saying a few weeks ago they were up for the challenge of the Premiership? Since the constitution has been released he's done a million posts, all of the kick off variety.
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:13 am

monsellwmc wrote:
Is there any team, player or spectator that has seen us play that thinks we should be in the prem? Be honest....

Adam, we played both you and Phoenix in the County Cup and whilst you were both excellent teams, I have to back you up and state that you both are not yet ready for the Prem unless you have strengthened significantly.

I would have said Div 1 at best and then you would still finish midway IMHO mate.

Big, big ask in the prem at this stage I reckon and one that could do more damage to both clubs than good.

Good luck though mate.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:16 am

I have said that we would play in the prem if we had to. My point is that there are teams in lower divisions that are better than us.
If you have 5 players that have played in the prem then you have 5 more than monsell.

If the prem is split, top 4 and the rest fighting it out then surely 5 premier players make nearly half a premier team. In that case that would put you 5th on paper surely...
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

As I've said a million times before and the league members know this.... we have no players that have played higher than division 3. No pot hunters, and far from a young team, with 11 of our 17 over 30.
So I don't see what we're going to learn getting battered week in week out
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: surely them in there 30s would love a stab at the prem could be there last chance to test themselvrs at the highest level.   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

monsellwmc wrote:
As I've said a million times before and the league members know this.... we have no players that have played higher than division 3. No pot hunters, and far from a young team, with 11 of our 17 over 30.
So I don't see what we're going to learn getting battered week in week out
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 11:28 am

On the none of our players played in the prem that most our in therr 30s. Could be there last chance surely.they would want the chsllenge of a shot at the highest level in sunday football
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constitution 2014-15
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next