Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Constitution 2014-15

Go down 
+44
Churchill
L.K.F.C
oily
CornerFlag
Aussie Owl
stevepercy
michu
Cobbo
Notts
bishbosh
mowmacre fc
jc007
GaryNev
Paulo
cookie-monster
Thatchers
FC POCHIN
LK_United
Polska legend II
dezza
trueblue
monsellwmc
spartamoshdock
Hairy Hebrew!
hayden1
Gifford
Brian_and_Peter
gattuso
THE MAGICIAN
Blackie
mermick
allen654
CSKA17
bretty1
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jimmyb
Pete Mourinho
MJR Legend
Sparta3
TheStarInnFC
Polingtons
Bucko
tysmith c.n.f.c
Gordon
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

bretty1 wrote:
It is such an awkward season, totally understand what the league have tried to do. But again we are hearing rumours of new new teams being a lot better than they said they are. (Fair play to the honest ones), so what happens! New teams put in silly leagues and clubs who have fought to keep goin seemingly getting penalised. I have no solutions I'm afraid but I just hope the committee take on board what is obviously occurring and act accordingly. They have done it in previous seasons and hope they do it again. The only message I would give to the members, start looking after the teams that have kept the Alliance going and check out the new boys a touch more.

The trouble is Bretty that rumours tend to take hold on here. It is unrealistic to suggest that the committee do not try and thoroughly investigate all new clubs. there are very, very few clubs that have pulled the wool over our eyes in recent years, yet it seems to be the general acceptance that this is what has happened. It just isn't true. In my opinion, only Star & Garter are of Premiership quality this season, the rest (including promoted teams) will be much of a muchness.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:
dezza wrote:
Jack I agree you are in the right division but you suffer from being used as the example in Thurlaston's case! There is no way they should be in the prem, they are not one of the best 11 teams in the league!

I am not trying to offend thurmaston by the way!

Make your mind up mate...do you think we're in the right division or not?!  Wink Haha

We are also suffering because of what some other teams have done in the past (and this season in one teams case), where they have told the league they've lost players and then gone on to destroy the division they've been put in.

As I've said before, I am happy to go through names of players we have lost/are signing if people want me to...but we believe strongly that the league have made the right decision about us, not necessarily about other clubs, but we don't see that as our fault.

I don't recall many - if any - of those from recent memory?

Frolesworth?

They went to great lengths last year to explain that they did not dupe the league, but merely acquired players as the summer wore on. As they were readily stating towards the end of last season that they expected - and accepted - that they would be put in the Prem for the new season - and have done so, I for one believe them. If they were pot hunters they would have folded on that basis.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
There are obviously numerous teams trying to pull the wool over the League's eyes and this only works to the detriment of the honest clubs within the league.

The league can only put a true reflection on teams with a playing history and the final standings.

When a team finished with 0 points and firmly rooted to the bottom, surely relegation is the only option (such as Humbo in the prem) and so on.

I fully understand the position of the league and their attempt to bolster the top division but common sense really does need to prevail.

Relegate them and give them a chance to rebuild as mentioned before.

As for promotion, I always thought double promotions etc happened only when a team streaks away with the title or request the chance to go higher (and I am sure some do, the honest ones). I know that as above, trying to build up the numbers this season but from 3 to prem is a bit much in anyones eyes I would think.

As for new clubs pulling the wool, such as we are the old this and that, OK, that is fine. Enter them into the appropriate division within the 1st constitution and request a list of registered players BEFORE you issue the final constitution (this could also work for existing clubs and would close the pot hunting loop hole IMHO).

If they are honest, this won't be a problem. You can then check the names easily enough.

Within the first season you can add a transfer clause too, no additions until the month of x,y,z unless submitted via the league. Simple enough, and again, the honest ones won't mind.

This should make sure that the pothunters are discovered AND if they are doing this, they will soon leave. Don't know many that will run for a year just to go hunting next season.

It is your league, you make the rules, enforce them effectively for everyones benefit.

I don't hear Burnley moaning about going in the prem after a well earned promotion, they just try and strengthen...likewise bottom of the prem...down you go. Simples.

Great points until you mentioned Burnley!!!

Let's not forget they'd have earned millions by reaching the Premier league. No comparison!
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:18 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Let's not forget they'd have earned millions by reaching the Premier league. No comparison!

Fair point Polska and allow me to elaborate.

No direct comparison was meant in terms of revenue, it was merely a footballing parlance to demonstrate that honest teams strive to progress to the highest possible level they can achieve in a time frame that allows player additions etc. Burnley were used as it was a direct promotion to the highest level that most can relate to.

Apologies for any confusion mate.
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

Pete Mourinho wrote:
The interesting question is who is playing for Office Update if all their players are playing somewhere else?

More interesting than the question is the answer...

...no-one, they have 'folded'

bom 
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:20 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Fair point Polska and allow me to elaborate.

No direct comparison was meant in terms of revenue, it was merely a footballing parlance to demonstrate that honest teams strive to progress to the highest possible level they can achieve in a time frame that allows player additions etc. Burnley were used as it was a direct promotion to the highest level that most can relate to.

Apologies for any confusion mate.

Fair comment, and understand the comparison
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

I wont say any more then. We will just have a season similar to Thurmaston last season and say nothing about it. Obviously that seems to be fair. Good luck to everyone this season, hopefully it won't be our last
Back to top Go down
jc007

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:27 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
Pete Mourinho wrote:
The interesting question is who is playing for Office Update if all their players are playing somewhere else?

bom 

Bulls Head 100 % then Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:29 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
Pete Mourinho wrote:

bom 

I only ask the question as I was told otherwise
Back to top Go down
Thatchers

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm

My mate on the LSL committee has just confirmed it that Office Update have RESIGNED
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

Pete Mourinho wrote:
I only ask the question as I was told otherwise

No worries Pete, just thought I would answer it for you.

Just hoping that all the Alliance boys get an even playing field when the season kicks off.

Regards
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm

gattuso wrote:
Malc is one of the best if not the best gaffer in Sunday football

I am sure that Malc is getting very bored with the continual ass licking every time his name gets mentioned.
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
...As for new clubs pulling the wool, such as we are the old this and that, OK, that is fine. Enter them into the appropriate division within the 1st constitution and request a list of registered players BEFORE you issue the final constitution (this could also work for existing clubs and would close the pot hunting loop hole IMHO).

If they are honest, this won't be a problem. You can then check the names easily enough.

Within the first season you can add a transfer clause too, no additions until the month of x,y,z unless submitted via the league. Simple enough, and again, the honest ones won't mind.

This should make sure that the pothunters are discovered AND if they are doing this, they will soon leave. Don't know many that will run for a year just to go hunting next season.

This is a great idea and I am surprised it is so simple it is still not in force county wide.

Cross reference and central registrations would be easy to set up and manage.

Maybe adding passport photo's (kids do it and so do the LSL) to the reg forms too would discourage the less honest minority.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 2:50 pm

FoxHunter1974 wrote:
Brian_and_Peter wrote:
...As for new clubs pulling the wool, such as we are the old this and that, OK, that is fine. Enter them into the appropriate division within the 1st constitution and request a list of registered players BEFORE you issue the final constitution (this could also work for existing clubs and would close the pot hunting loop hole IMHO).

This is a great idea and I am surprised it is so simple it is still not in force county wide.

Cross reference and central registrations would be easy to set up and manage.

Maybe adding passport photo's (kids do it and so do the LSL) to the reg forms too would discourage the less honest minority.

County FA are a couple of years away from being able to do this
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm

GaryNev wrote:
gattuso wrote:
Malc is one of the best if not the best gaffer in Sunday football

I am sure that Malc is getting very bored with the continual ass licking every time his name gets mentioned.

He seems to enjoy it
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

I'm a little offended that Polska thinks only star and garter are of prem standard :-( lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm

no offence - but compared to the standard of 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 5:59 pm

Can I just say thurmaston will be equipped to challenge this year maybe top 4 maybe 3rd behind Tomlin and star .
New manager doing Thurmo who will get some decent players if it don't work out they'll struggle if players turn up top 3
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 6:10 pm

No pressure on us then top 2 finish haha what about ur lot surely lee Barrett and Bret Adams can pull some players in??
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 8:59 am

fc azzurri wrote:
Can I just say thurmaston will be equipped to challenge this year maybe top 4 maybe 3rd behind Tomlin and star .
New manager doing Thurmo who will get some decent players if it don't work out they'll struggle if players turn up top 3

that is really interesting, because if your first comment is true, it makes a lot of what has been written on here a load of nonsense!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:09 am

Polska legend II wrote:
fc azzurri wrote:

that is really interesting, because if your first comment is true, it makes a lot of what has been written on here a load of nonsense!

I love the banter on the forum, lots can be very informative, some is less so.

The forum suggests that Thurmaston would struggle in Div One never mind the Prem, the communcaiton offline suggests that they are preparing for the Prem and intend to be challanging for a top half finish. Which is right?

I guess not all 'players' that post on here know what the management team of there club are thinking at this stage of the season........

Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:57 am

Well got players stepping up from resses plus a few new young lads 2 being from harrow last year in div 7 so we will let you make up your own mind...npt rocket science
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

And coleman u with mowachre this year???lucky not to be in the prem yourselfs mate
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

Whats the date of the next AGM?
Want to make sure I'm not away
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
Whats the date of the next AGM?
Want to make sure I'm not away

I think the handbook meeting is 13th August (it's somewhere in this thread). The next AGM will not be until next summer.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 2:06 pm

Thats what I meant. Thanks
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

well at least this has livened the forum up
while I have some sympathy with the likes of phoenix monsell and thurmaston
surely the idea is to try to improve your team season by season to cope with the division you are put in
this of course only applies if your in it for the long term and not if you want to win a couple of pots and then fold
we have been put up 3 divisions so we will be looking for 3/4 quality additions to make us competitive if
we can finish mid table that would be a decent season and then you will know what you need to have a go for the title the following season.you can't win a trophy every season but if you improve that's a success.we won our division last season but the previous 3 seasons we finished in the bottom half but did improve in some way every season.
the best thing to do is concentrate on your division and do the best you can, to win the league you have to have teams that finish below you everyone can't win every time
it's pointless to criticise the league who are never going to please every team with their decisions
but can only try to please the majority
just get on with it!
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 3:35 pm

that's a great post, and lets not forget not so long ago Sundays were all about having a laugh and playing with your mates, win lose or draw!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:40 pm

Bucko wrote:
And coleman u with mowachre this year???lucky not to be in the prem yourselfs mate

Yes m8 signing for them it's basically half of anstey swifts ob from 5years back which 5havent played for 5years also few from ponte hinckley div 1 not best standard we have 2 solid sponsors and Iam nothing to do with management or sec.

As for Thurmo I know who running them was over barrow last Tuesday signing players !
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm

Mowacre had some good lads Sunday playing even a pro who I hear is looking for a new club
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
fc azzurri wrote:

Only my view on things star are pure quality and heard Aaron Preston signing that's 30 goals guaranteed .
As for Tomlin there were playing sunday which what I seen if that's some off there players easy top 2/3 finish.

I played for Thurmo last season 4/5 games they relied on players getting players this year they have 2 / 3 helping management which they will TRY get players if they do then they will be half decent
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm

cookie-monster wrote:
Mowacre had some good lads Sunday playing even a pro who I hear is looking for a new club

Just a kick about with his m8s which he took some personal abuse ! Anyway handbags apart lee Tomlin looked sharp lol
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm

Haha yh same for lee really never looks the pro until on a proper pitch then he makes everyone look like wombles lol
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

We've not affiliated yet never mind signed any players haha
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 10:15 pm

Pull ya finger out dez u lot have um queing up
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 10:43 pm

Doubt it mate!! Think we have lost about 80% of last seasons team! Need to see who lee and Brett can get in. We've lost 4 possibly 6 to you, dean Edwards not playing this season, tony Fitzpatrick not playing this season, Coleman gone to mowmacre it seems, don't think Hodgo is playing Sundays this season, Jules and Sandsy have left!!! Whole new azzurri this season
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm

However I'm sure lee and Brett have a good few signings up there sleeves
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jul 2014, 11:00 pm

We ain't sent ash and rizers in so see what there saying u will get some decent boys from there Saturday sides mate
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
surely the idea is to try to improve your team season by season to cope with the division you are put in
this of course only applies if your in it for the long term and not if you want to win a couple of pots and then fold
we have been put up 3 divisions so we will be looking for 3/4 quality additions to make us competitive if
we can finish mid table that would be a decent season and then you will know what you need to have a go for the title the following season.you can't win a trophy every season but if you improve that's a success.we won our division last season but the previous 3 seasons we finished in the bottom half but did improve in some way every season.
the best thing to do is concentrate on your division and do the best you can,  to win the league you have to have teams that finish below you everyone can't win every time
it's pointless to criticise the league who are never going to please every team with their decisions
just get on with it!

What if I dont want to sign new players? I'm happy with the squad I have. We have a good bunch that have been together for a few years. I dont want to change the squad.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014, 4:00 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
the best thing to do is concentrate on your division and do the best you can,  to win the league you have to have teams that finish below you everyone can't win every time
just get on with it!

What if I dont want to sign new players? I'm happy with the squad I have. We have a good bunch that have been together for a few years. I dont want to change the squad.

i've know you lot for years since you was the old nautical william lsl div 2.

know aload of friends and all that play and yes a few are getting on and been together years so if your happy with them and all get along why the constant bickering putting your players down saying there not good enough??? surely if your happy with them and all mates a shot at the premier would affect any of you.

a bit of encouragement and hard work will go along way, i know its the highest alot of you have played but enjoy it may never get the chance again, worst thing to do is go into games thinking your going to lose (the league aint even started yet) i'm sure you will surprise yourselves over the season. wish you luck for the season anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constitution 2014-15
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next