Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 26 October

Go down 
+8
spartamoshdock
mowmacre fc
MonkeyBoy
Hairy Hebrew!
the owl
Polska legend II
King_Emile_WRFC
Gordon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 26 October Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeSat 25 Oct 2014, 8:23 pm

An extra hour to prepare - did it make any difference?

Who was ready to kick off at 9.30am?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King_Emile_WRFC

King_Emile_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014, 1:26 pm

Wigston Rangers 1
AFC Bees Knees 3

Tom Hill.

Well, I say AFC Bees Knees - 10 different players from the last time we played them and you could tell. Some moments of quality and clinical finishing put us to the sword, and they led 2-0 at the half. They scored again to end the game as a contest bar a great hit from Tom Hill from range for a consolation.

The result is disappointing but I'm just happy to have my lads in one piece, some ridiculous tackles and handbags that ruined the game from the first minute.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014, 2:30 pm

monsell wmc 1 magna 3

very good game and both sides a credit to this league. wishing them a lot of success this season
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014, 3:45 pm

9.30 youve gotta be joking gordon!!still the same ole excuses last minute job.
our ref even cried off at the last minute..... ali ram was a very capable replacement clocks go back gordon lol
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 1:36 pm

Oak 0-1 Webbys

A tight and well spirited match. After last weeks shenanigans it was a pleasure to play such a good bunch of lads who only wanted to play football and not gob off all game! And they also knew their offside rule which was a bonus!

The game was decided by a looping over head kick in to our box from Towers to find a chap at the back stick who stuck his leg out and rolled down his leg and found the bottom corner.

Both teams had a few chances throughout with our keeper producing a few good saves. At the other end Jay Oliver missed a perhaps our best chance of the game, a one on one but firing wide.

We are in transition at the moment and trying to bed a few new signings in to the side with a couple more hopefully on the way. Yesterdays performance was encouraging and we hope things will finally go our way soon. The big 3 division jump has no doubt affected our club but we carry on and just hope there are enough competitive games in our division.

Another note, another great performance from a Referee who we have never had before. Been very impressed by the standard of reffing this season ( apart from our first ref who seemed like he didn't even want to be there). Last season my main gripe was the inconsistency with refereeing decisions as they would give one decision for one thing and then not bother for the rest of the game.
This season has been far better and I don't know if its the higher the divisions the better the refs you get but very impressed!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 4:31 pm

Union Inn A-A Horse - EW Foster Cup

We (Horse) scored within 15 seconds. Went 2-0 up. They then started giving the ref grief, etc. and he sent two of them off for various things (none of them tackling or football related in particular). They then spat their dummies out and walked off the pitch. Match abondoned after about 30 minutes.

Quite frankly a waste of our time, and pathetic. If we don't get given the win it will be a disgrace, we were up for the game, winning, and wanted to play on. We all know the ref is picky (won't let you wear different coloured undershorts, can't use different coloured tape on your socks, etc.) so he definitely doesn't take kindly to messing him about, abuse of the rules, etc. Just don't do it, we're not schoolkids, we're grown adults.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 5:47 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:

We (Horse) scored within 15 seconds. Went 2-0 up. They then started giving the ref grief, etc. and he sent two of them off for various things (none of them tackling or football related in particular). They then spat their dummies out and walked off the pitch. Match abondoned after about 30 minutes.

Quite frankly a waste of our time, and pathetic. If we don't get given the win it will be a disgrace, we were up for the game, winning, and wanted to play on. We all know the ref is picky (won't let you wear different coloured undershorts, can't use different coloured tape on your socks, etc.) so he definitely doesn't take kindly to messing him about, abuse of the rules, etc. Just don't do it, we're not schoolkids, we're grown adults.

I could be wrong but pretty sure the rules on tape doesn't excist anymore that rule was scrapped if so then sounds like ref didn't have a idea him self sometimes it's refs that cause problems but fa and league will never admit it
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 6:06 pm

Sunday 9th fixtures kick off time why 11.05 ?? We don't have game so doesn't matter but surely reason tho ??
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 7:59 pm

Remembrance Sunday
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014, 7:59 pm

mowmacre fc wrote:
Sunday 9th fixtures kick off time why 11.05 ?? We don't have game so doesn't matter but surely reason tho ??

As it is remberence Sunday the royal British legion asked for games to be put back
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower1234

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014, 8:28 am

mowmacre fc wrote:
MonkeyBoy wrote:

I could be wrong but pretty sure the rules on tape doesn't excist anymore that rule was scrapped if so then sounds like ref didn't have a idea him self sometimes it's refs that cause problems but fa and league will never admit it

Tape is still required in law to be the same colour as the socks but it's Sunday morning football, I don't think teams should be penalised so heavily for not having the right colour tape at this level.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014, 9:06 am

Sunday was a bad day all round, from boiling the kettle with no water in for my pre-match coffee to paying more for a pint of coke (not mine!!) than my pint of beer in the Loughborough pub nothing went right......

Star Inn 5-3 United Revolution

We were 3 nil down at half time after playing like a bunch of complete idiots for the first 45 minutes, couldn't pass, shoot or tackle. Got 2 goals back early in the second half and started to play the ball around well following a change of shape, looked like me might rescue something from the game. Another goal from Star Inn knocked the stuffing out of us as they added a 4th, the 5th followed and it could have be more.

Take nothing away from Star who battled and worked hard and deserved there 3 points, not sure they expected it at Kick Off but take nothing away from them they got out of bed, we didn't!!

Not good enough

Goals from Luke Moore and 2 from Ryan Broderick
Back to top Go down
WPR

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

WPR 3 Dukla 0 - another dominating performance from the lads, scored early in the first half to take control of the game and didn't look back there after, could easily have been more than 3! this takes us to 4 wins on the spin and still unbeaten at home. well played all.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014, 4:00 pm

Whistle Blower1234 wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:
MonkeyBoy wrote:

Tape is still required in law to be the same colour as the socks but it's Sunday morning football, I don't think teams should be penalised so heavily for not having the right colour tape at this level.

To be honest, the tape thing wasn't really the point of my post (although ironically the ref did make a few of the Union boys take their tape off apparently). I used that as an example of how picky that particular ref is/was on that day, and knowing that before the game, winding him up during it (sarcastically clapping him when he books you, etc.etc.) was never going to go down well.

I can see it from both sides. The ref did ultimately spoil the game because he didn't just ruin it for them by sending players off, he ruined it for us because we didn't get a game, and a game we were winning. However, I've no sympathy for the team. He booked a couple for various mouth and comments (no idea, I was too far away), so based on that, continuing to give him grief wasn't going to end well. Then one of those players, having been booked, then left the pitch for a drink without asking, and got sent off. Not sure if it was for that or mouth. Very very petty, but pointless. Then another of the booked players got a second yellow, presumably for mouth. Then they decided they didn't want to carry on because the ref had spoiled the game.

The whole episode was the most childish thing I've seen on a Sunday. But at the end of the day though, however petty, if the ref decides he wants to apply the laws of the game, you can't have a go at him, it's his choice. Don't break the rules and you don't have a problem. Most games would have continued to the end, but it probably actually proved how much grief refs get and just accept/let players get away with.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:

The referee has reported all of the misconduct to County FA. They will adjudicate on the issues before referring the matter back to the League. The League Rules make provision for games which are abandoned due to proven misconduct of teams - the Horse Secretary is aware of that.

It would be unwise to make further comment on a public domain, so as not tp prejudice the County FA disciplinary proceedings.

The referee is technically correct in law regarding undergarments, tape on socks etc. Some referees may show more tolerance to Sunday morning football, but then other forum users will complain about inconsistency of referees.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014, 4:53 pm

mowmacre fc wrote:

My fixture list has you away at Frolesworth United in the Walton

Is that one to refer to James?
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

Gordon wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

No need we are on a free week that weekend
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm

Gordon wrote:
mowmacre fc wrote:

Very Happy we are using our freebie gordon arranged with james weeks ago,
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 26 October   Banter - Sunday 26 October Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 26 October
Page 1 of 1