Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Unacceptable posts on the Forum

Go down 
+16
willywonka
Stroller
spiderman
dee_aitcho
fozzi
wiggoboy
Hellboy
paparazzi
polska legend
Polska legend II
Vyvyan
Lodge
Aussie Owl
Capello
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Unacceptable posts on the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:34 pm

There have been an increasing number of unacceptable posts on the Forum in that they do not comply with the Forum rules. Posts have been deleted, moved from public view and warnings issued.

The Alliance League, through it's Forum Moderator reserves the right to suspend or ban a user and/or an ip address.

This warning is issued in the best interests of the league and the increasing number of users.
We are extremely pleased with the use being made of the Forum by the vast majority and every effort will be made to prevent its abuse.

Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 6:39 pm

Well done, i have noticed a few unacceptable posts on the forum.
i haven't seen one certain username for a good few hours which is weird?!?
Is there a way to report posts if we feel they are unacceptable?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 7:33 pm

We would encourage you to do so.

Send a PM to Moderator, Assistant Secretary or Gordon. Alternatively send an email to the address under contacts on www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 8:07 pm

Fair play fellas
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
Vyvyan

Vyvyan

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 9:38 pm

Good on ya guys, ive had problems with willywonka, 1 and Adolf to name but a few.

They arent interested in banter, just on the wind up
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:49 am

Ban em all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:02 am

Vyvyan wrote:
Good on ya guys, ive had problems with willywonka, 1 and Adolf to name but a few.

Whats your problem then, as a matter of interest?
Back to top Go down
Vyvyan

Vyvyan

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 5:59 pm

you were having a go bout me being Jewish!! And that i shouldnt have ever heard of the word "hell"!

Grow up son
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:55 pm

I was not having a go about you being jewish, i had go at you using "being jewish"in order to try to get someone banned, a bit like playing the race card when there was no need for it. It was just because you didn't like his avatar and name, hence i felt the need to tell you that your avatar could be offensive to some people, you shouldn't play the race card or cry wolf, only if your reasons are totally valid, and you have been degraded. I didn't like the way you twisted the words.

Hope thats made things clearer for you son.
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 9:56 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Ban em all!

Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 10:37 am

Only if its inoffensive!
Back to top Go down
paparazzi

paparazzi

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 3:14 pm

From what iv'e read on this forum, i really dont think anyone has been that personally offensive, its all the tipical sort of banter that you would hear if you were standing watching a game, or participating. Some of the things you hear are a bit below the belt, but never truly hateful unless things get twisted around on purpose, like when people that come on and use one name between a full team and have been allowed to continue to do so, but they are usually the ones that are writing the most near the knuckle comments. 20/20 and anyone relating to the polska crew are a super example of this.

spot the spelling mystakes if you are that boring. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 6:26 pm

All feed back gratefully received but bear in mind that dozens of posts have been deleted.
Back to top Go down
Vyvyan

Vyvyan

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 3:35 pm

1 you didnt see what he PM'ed me
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

paparazzi wrote:
From what iv'e read on this forum, i really dont think anyone has been that personally offensive, its all the tipical sort of banter that you would hear if you were standing watching a game, or participating. Some of the things you hear are a bit below the belt, but never truly hateful unless things get twisted around on purpose, like when people that come on and use one name between a full team and have been allowed to continue to do so, but they are usually the ones that are writing the most near the knuckle comments. 20/20 and anyone relating to the polska crew are a super example of this.

spot the spelling mystakes if you are that boring. cyclops

Unfounded!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

Although maybe on the old site, but we don't have a crew anymore!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

Vyvyan wrote:

Aint that what banter is?
Back to top Go down
paparazzi

paparazzi

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:40 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Ban em all!

I dont get this site, one minute its asking for new members, come and join the fun.

When any new members do join, they are almost instantly targeted, as if to get them off.

The ones that have joined, new or old, participate in the banter, lets face facts everyones different and has their own ideas of fun, but all of a sudden its a case of, we dont want you to speak freely, as i have quoted the chap above, you get this kind of comment, ban everyone.

OK, right lets ban everybody, and let the managment have their very own forum, with only the top dogs on it, because thats what it looks like anyway.

There's no point in participation if the first thing that you get is a warning, especially on something thats not been written offensively, looks a bit like if your face dosen't fit.

Some topics have been locked on here that have had nothing offensive, they were just locked to be spiteful, there were no other explanations.

The simple answer is, if you are very easily offended by a phrase or an avatar, then just dont come on.

Dont write lets ban everyone, just go away yourself, perhaps football banter is too shocking for you, but to most people that come on here its a real good laugh, and makes the game what it is, just listen to the footballing chants next time you go to a proper stadium.

People come back having lost their voices, they've given the away fans so much banter. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

'Ban em all' was a reference to the 3 names mentioned by Vyvyan and not meaning every single user! (That would be a quiet forum, wouldn't it?)

Those that have been banned would presumably have been given (unheeded) warnings.

And I've heard more banter than I know what to do with, and you have missed the point of a light hearted comment. That said, offensive comments are different to banter and do not deserve to be on here.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:47 pm

What gives Vyvyan the right to have three people banned?

That no 1 user was badgered relentlessly on here when he first joined, so under your rules , super polska, lodge, wafc should all also be banned, because they were allowed to instigate a response from 1, who only stuck up for himself, well from what i read on here anyway, so does that give me any right to ask for those three to be banned, who i have mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:49 pm

I haven't badgered anyone relentlessly!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:52 pm

Don't think anyone is saying Vyvyan has a right to have anyone banned
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:52 pm

So you didnt join in when 1 joined up, thats not what i read. Just because those postes got removed doesn't mean people didnt read them.

Lodge.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:54 pm

No. I didnt gang up on anyone. If anything I was defending myself against his comments.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

No like paps said, if your face fits,you wouldn't have done any wrongs.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 2:09 pm

I dont know any of the moderators
Back to top Go down
Vyvyan

Vyvyan

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 6:07 pm

I havent got the right nor would want it to ban somebody.

Im all for banter, thats why I come on here, Im too old to play now so try to go watch as many games as I can as got a lot of mates still playing for various teams and still enjoy all the banter.

I was upset mainly by things that I received via Private message to be honest, from 1 particular user. Then the other 2 I mentioned are (in my opinion) not here for banter. They are here to insult people.

There are quite a few more who do this also but the list could just go on and on.

wafc and dee aitcho are often targeted without reason also.

All in all most people on here are a good laugh and this site is well run, its just the minority that spoil it
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 7:52 pm

Would agree with every word of that !
Back to top Go down
paparazzi

paparazzi

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 9:56 pm

Lodge wrote:
I dont know any of the moderators

I dont understand why you wrote this ?

Talking about if your face fits is a generalisation, the point is the moderator knows who you are, and thats what counts, not whether you know him.

PS... dont forget when 1 joined on here, a certain member decieved him by impersonating a moderator, so i think he had every right to stand up for himself, as he was made to look very stupid, and nobody intervened from above.

I also read a lot of the posts before they were removed, and it looked like the wrong person got the warning, because he tried to stick up for himself.

If you ask me it was all ass upwards..........
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 11:05 pm

Vyvyan wrote:

Im all for banter, thats why I come on here, Im too old to play now so try to go watch as many games as I can as got a lot of mates still playing for various teams and still enjoy all the banter.

I was upset mainly by things that I received via Private message to be honest, from 1 particular user. Then the other 2 I mentioned are (in my opinion) not here for banter. They are here to insult people.

There are quite a few more who do this also but the list could just go on and on.

All in all most people on here are a good laugh and this site is well run, its just the minority that spoil it

there both charming young fellows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 11:14 pm

Vyvyan wrote:

Not the only one that noticed this then!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 8:46 am

easy target dee. I don't know why
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 9:35 am

Polska legend II wrote:
easy target dee. I don't know why

Perhaps its because he calls members T*TS, BE**ENDS and C**TS on here?

I don't normally post on things like this but, hes definitely not an easy target if he uses language like that, and we've all read it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:22 pm

Dee, is this true??
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:26 pm

Probably, every one bites after being targeted.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:04 pm

there is always a reason for us getting attacked dee. jealousy could be one reason as both clubs have been successfull this season in there own way. us by lifting our first trophy and you by challenging for honours in your 1st season in the alliance. guess some people dont like to see good honest teams doing well eh!

either that or there just numptys with nothing better to do with there time.
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:16 pm

wafc wrote:
there is always a reason for us getting attacked dee. jealousy could be one reason as both clubs have been successfull this season in there own way. us by lifting our first trophy and you by challenging for honours in your 1st season in the alliance. guess some people dont like to see good honest teams doing well eh!

either that or there just numptys with nothing better to do with there time.

Because he calls members T*TS, BE**ENDS and C**TS on here.

Yes everyones got the right to stick up for themselves.
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 5:10 pm

I agree I should't have gone that far, but when you are constantly targeted, when all you do is come on here for "banter", it gets too far when its only you that gets targeted and NO one else.

And yes I still think they are the words I called them.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 5:14 pm

I find these posts offensive. Always seemed to ensure a high scoring game whenever we played away against South Wiggy at school

Unacceptable posts on the Forum SGRG-3618_VNX00114

Not sure if I'm still on topic cyclops
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

no, but very very good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unacceptable posts on the Forum   Unacceptable posts on the Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unacceptable posts on the Forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next