Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 19 February

Go down 
+40
mmm_boogie
Skeems
Jenko
rocket ledge
Beef
littlebigman
Paulo
Hellboy
frank
Sparta3
Sneijder10
Snash
mowmacre fc
Fieldy
Joey Barton
Pete Mourinho
Talbotleftback
Widds
Q.P.R 23
Fishandchips
thickneck
tysmith c.n.f.c
Spy
Gifford
Jimmyb
mbinblack
ShaNiO
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Potts
man in black
Polska legend II
Dirk Jr
Bucko
L.K.F.C
Ramley_LBFC
Rwhite08
The Viewer
whiteeagles
Aussie Owl
Gordon
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 19 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSat 18 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

Glad to be back in action?

Holmes Park still in the diary?

Share the news about your game
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

Sunday Shield

Reem Team 3, MDH Knights 0

Well played to both teams and the three Alliance officials.

An enjoyable game and a credit to both clubs.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

NPE 2-1 White Eagles

Zoran Micic.

A fantastic game that we can take a lot of credit out of and was a good response following our loss to Friar Lane. The first half was very balanced with both teams getting stuck in but a slip by our cb allowed the NPE forward to slot home. In the 2nd half it was still balanced until NPE scored the 2nd which was when we dominated the game for the last 20 minutes which included the same player hitting the post FOUR times from 4 different attacks and an open goal miss (tbf NPE missed one first half). We can count ourselves extremely unlucky not to come away with a point or possibly all 3, but I suppose thats the one attribute that champions possess and thats to win games like that, so good luck to NPE, theyve pretty much got the league wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
The Viewer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

Popped down to watch the Mivan v Global match today. I was very impressed with some of the play from both sides and it was a very entertaining game to watch, with both teams having plenty of chances and Global will perhaps be kicking themselves for missing some of theirs.

There was a few stand out performers for both teams today, for Global I was impressed with the keeper who made some good saves and one of the centre backs played well and the lad that came on about 20 mins into the game, haven't a clue why he didn't start. And for Inter Mivan I was impressed with the centre mid (16 I think, tall white lad) played a few great balls through and pretty good in the air and the RB was a very descent player and 2 good finishes from Rav who perhaps maybe should have bagged another couple. All in all, a pretty entertaining game. I'm glad that its back and hope the snow stays away.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

White eagles were fantastic today especially last 20. We never got going today, and were very lucky to get the win. But we dug deep and games are running out now but we are glad to have points on the board with all the players out. Eagles should take great credit and I think next season will be top 3 for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

Little Bowden 2-1 AFC Royal Oak

We went in to this one not knowing what would occur as it was our first meeting with Royal Oak, and both sides showed desire to win the game. A penalty a piece saw both sides go into the break level and we came out of the traps faster in the second and got an early goal (a cheeky chip!) and then stood firm at the back. Royal Oak's sub came close missing an open goal from 2 yards but he was on the stretch. We played good passing football and in the end it was enough to see us home. Good luck to the Oak boys for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

Reem Team 3 - 0 MDH Knights
We were given a real masterclass by a really impressive Reem Team today. A real eventful fixture and I think maybe just a little more competitive than the score line suggests. We started bright and looked good in the opening exchanges but the pace of Reem on the counter was clear to see early on. These breaks saw us concede 2 penalties only minutes apart and at 2 nil we knew we had a mnountain to climb.Reem really got on top spreading the ball around at will but with 15 mins or so left in the first hyalh we started to exert a bit of pressure ourselves. The Reemn keeper was unluckily sent off when gathering a through ball to find he was stood a foot outside his box. A bit of pressure followed and a few nearly moments but the Reem defense stood firm. The second half saw the gane really open up as we gambled to try and finbd any way back. Replacement keeper Snodin had a fantastic game between the sticks pushing onto the bar and pulling off an expert double save and evcen when a volley looked to be beating him a Reem defender was always there putting his body in the way. At the same time Reem continued to pose problems and the loan striker ran his ass off up top. The way Reem took the sting out of the game and then eased through the gears when they broke was truly impressive. Our boys fought but not with the conviction we are used tr but I have nothing but the utmost respect for a first rate Reem performance. Who will take some bearing if they play like that. Best team performance that we have come up against this year by far.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

Harrow 6-3 Azul Zorros

Scott Love 3
Dean Summers 2
Dean Copton

It was nice to finally play some football after 3 weeks off,we were abit rusty but still played some really good stuff at times and totally bossed the game we were very disapointed to concede a couple very sloppy goals and to only score 6 with the amount of chances we created but its all about winning i suppose, Our 2 new signings were top draw today and will be good additions to the squad, a mention to the ref to who i thought had a good game today.
Back to top Go down
Dirk Jr

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

how can you say bossed the whole game ?? we took the lead witha quality goal you had an easy penalty in which your player apparently admitted hed dived and wasnt a penalty . as for the sloppy goals the 1st quality finish by new signing the 2nd good tidy finish set up by the new signing an the 3rd ill admit sloppy goal also set up by our new signing after your 1st in the second half heads began to drop but still managed to pull 2 goals back and play some good football for the first time in a while !! dissapointed a little with the final score but good football played and a big improvement also dissapointed with a few childish players number 4 and i quote '' but your a poor team'' without being funny your in same division as us !!! harrow were a much better side 2nd half and deserved the win <<<< much fairer analysis of the game
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
NPE 2-1 White Eagles

Zoran Micic.

A fantastic game that we can take a lot of credit out of and was a good response following our loss to Friar Lane. The first half was very balanced with both teams getting stuck in but a slip by our cb allowed the NPE forward to slot home. In the 2nd half it was still balanced until NPE scored the 2nd which was when we dominated the game for the last 20 minutes which included the same player hitting the post FOUR times from 4 different attacks and an open goal miss (tbf NPE missed one first half). We can count ourselves extremely unlucky not to come away with a point or possibly all 3, but I suppose thats the one attribute that champions possess and thats to win games like that, so good luck to NPE, theyve pretty much got the league wrapped up.

yes well played by all accounts, but please make sure the result is confirmed to the league. by chance i've spotted it on here but you were 8 minutes away from a fine and we don't like fining!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

great game today at uplands nri v huncote..respect from both teams,,questioned decisions without dissent,,,,enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Potts

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

Harrow 6-3 azul
I have to agree with hotshot on this one. I would say we were on top for 85 mins of the match. To be fair your player took the first goal well after a couple of mistakes at the back from us. The second you scored cane from us pushing too many forward and the third was a complete balls up! Probably the best football we have played all year and we truly could have had twice what we scored. Again agree with the ref having a good game, she is always good for a bit of banter! Hopefully we can keep our good run going.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

Wigston Rangers 3-0 AFC Sporting

Humberstone 2000, have the title in the bag now.

Was a decent performance from us today. I would have had a hat trick but i missed a penalty, knew there was a reason I didn't take them. Was a great performance to end our woeful form of late.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 4:41 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
NPE 2-1 White Eagles

Zoran Micic.

yes well played by all accounts, but please make sure the result is confirmed to the league. by chance i've spotted it on here but you were 8 minutes away from a fine and we don't like fining!
Im only a player! Smile
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

Humberstone 2000 5-6 St Marks

Amazing game! 2-1 down at half time, came out had a player sent off early doors and went another goal down, all the lads chipped away and we found ourselves 5-3 up, humberstone pulled 2 back with a last minute penalty, extra time and we managed to score in the first half before humberstone hit the bar! Tiredness definately kicked in for both teams and we managed to snatch the win and go through to the semi finals.

Cheers to Humberstone for one of the most eventful games ive ever played in and all the best for the rest of the season, far too good for div 7 though
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

Dirk Jr wrote:
how can you say bossed the whole game ?? we took the lead witha quality goal you had an easy penalty in which your player apparently admitted hed dived and wasnt a penalty . as for the sloppy goals the 1st quality finish by new signing the 2nd good tidy finish set up by the new signing an the 3rd ill admit sloppy goal also set up by our new signing after your 1st in the second half heads began to drop but still managed to pull 2 goals back and play some good football for the first time in a while !! dissapointed a little with the final score but good football played and a big improvement also dissapointed with a few childish players number 4 and i quote '' but your a poor team'' without being funny your in same division as us !!! harrow were a much better side 2nd half and deserved the win <<<< much fairer analysis of the game

You are a poor team though lol
Back to top Go down
mbinblack

mbinblack

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 5:49 pm

ShaNiO wrote:

Amazing game! 2-1 down at half time, came out had a player sent off early doors and went another goal down, all the lads chipped away and we found ourselves 5-3 up, humberstone pulled 2 back with a last minute penalty, extra time and we managed to score in the first half before humberstone hit the bar! Tiredness definately kicked in for both teams and we managed to snatch the win and go through to the semi finals.

Cheers to Humberstone for one of the most eventful games ive ever played in and all the best for the rest of the season, far too good for div 7 though

As the referee for this game I have to take my hat to both teams for putting on an amazing display of football both teams going for the win from the kick off.
1 red card and two penalties it had it all congratulations to St Marks and Humberstone 2000 in the wrong division if you ask me, thanks guys a pleasure to referee today all the best for the remainder of the season
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

Oadby Owls 2 Fosse City 2 (aet) 5-4 to Fosse on pens.

Really good game today against a top set of lads and a good team in oadby. Was a very tight match and I can see them climbing division 4 before the end of the season if they play how they did today. We were 1 down at the break after probably having slightly the better chances, wasn't until the last 5 minutes that oadby went until their shell abit and allowed us to pile on the pressure, they had a few chances to kill the game on the break before we equalised with the last kick of the game in the 98th minute! Very harsh on oadby as I'm not sure where all the added time came from.

Roles were reversed in extra time when we went ahead in the first half only for oadby to equalise well into injury time, again with the last kick of the game! In the end it took 7 penalties each to separate us but we are happy to (somewhat fortuitously) book our place in the quarters against magna.

All the best to oadby for the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

mbinblack wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:

As the referee for this game I have to take my hat to both teams for putting on an amazing display of football both teams going for the win from the kick off.
1 red card and two penalties it had it all congratulations to St Marks and Humberstone 2000 in the wrong division if you ask me, thanks guys a pleasure to referee today all the best for the remainder of the season

Top drawer today pal, both penalties both seen them given and not given so not bad calls and fair point for the sending off think it was more frustration than anything, thanks again ref good game
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 7:27 pm

ShaNiO wrote:
mbinblack wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:

Top drawer today pal, both penalties both seen them given and not given so not bad calls and fair point for the sending off think it was more frustration than anything, thanks again ref good game
. Good game today feeling it now shame about hitting the bar late on think u boys will lift the cup now good luck in the semis
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm

Anybody know the result of the Birstall Stamford v Wigston Car Breakers score?
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

3-1 birstall stamford
Back to top Go down
thickneck

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

does anybody know who will play reem in the final please
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012, 9:07 pm

Marlborough Western Rovers mate, beat Magna 2-1. think they play in Burton league Paulo might be able to give you a bit of info on them.

Well played today and good luck in the final bud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Q.P.R 23

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 12:12 am

Dukla Hillside 3- 4 Queniborough Park Rangers

What a game this was in the 6 pointer at the bottom of div 5

Dukla were 3-1 up at half time with Q.P.R losing their keeper to concussion & a midfielder to suspected broken ankle both in the 1st half things didn't look good.

But in the 2nd 45 mins Q.P.R were truly inspired by manager Kev Pateman's half time team talk , they bossed the 2nd half Dukla seemed to run out of legs as the half wore on.

We are really starting to play for the team now instead of a team of individuals and the team spirit is finally there which was proved by the way we kept our head and believed in each other 2nd half.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 1:35 am

man in black wrote:
great game today at uplands nri v huncote..respect from both teams,,questioned decisions without dissent,,,,enjoyed it

cheers Clive, not all bad down at uplands hey tongue
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 7:29 am

Glad to finally be back playing after the horrible weather, think the break did us good tho although we played what i would say was the better football in an end to end game, we went in at the break 1-0 down, then we got an equaliser from about a yrd out, birstall created chances as did we (even cleared one off the line in the dying minutes) then we went up the other end and scored the winner, all credit to birstall rangers good bunch of lads any other day it wouldve been 7-7 lol all the best birstall cheers for a good game.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 8:06 am

Widds wrote:
man in black wrote:

cheers Clive, not all bad down at uplands hey tongue

Football the way it should be, enjoyed yesterday even if I did have to disappear early and miss the last two goals.......but most importantly made it back for the pub Smile Cheers for the hospitality Widds and glad you enjoyed yourself as much as we did Clive.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 8:48 am

Superfly 3 – 1 Phoenix

We started off very rusty but managed to get an early goal.
Some very strange decisions from the match official, Played a good 55 mins first half and to be honest I’m not sure why.
Anyway overall a good performance from all the Superfly lads, the new strike force duo seemed to click well and I can see their partnership blossoming very well.

Always a good game with Phoenix, Wish them all the best for the remainder of season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

Q.P.R 23 wrote:
Dukla Hillside 3- 4 Queniborough Park Rangers

What a game this was in the 6 pointer at the bottom of div 5

Dukla were 3-1 up at half time with Q.P.R losing their keeper to concussion & a midfielder to suspected broken ankle both in the 1st half things didn't look good.

But in the 2nd 45 mins Q.P.R were truly inspired by manager Kev Pateman's half time team talk , they bossed the 2nd half Dukla seemed to run out of legs as the half wore on.

We are really starting to play for the team now instead of a team of individuals and the team spirit is finally there which was proved by the way we kept our head and believed in each other 2nd half.

Kev Pateman and inspired teamtalk in the same sentence, lol, you're either Kev himself or the other Norwich fan. Seriously though, good comeback from 3-1 down and best of luck for rest of season
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:22 am

fancy reem team for that cup final strong team i hear cup double this year for reem
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Dirk Jr wrote:

I can say it because its true,we hit the bar,the post and had 2 disallowed and still scored 6 what does that tell you i agree that it wasnt a penalty,and as for our number 4 (which is me) i also admit i was abit childish but i was reacting from the abuse i was given on the sidelines i dont appreciate being abused when i make a genuine attempt to win the ball i apoligise for my reaction it was all in the heat of the moment.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
Dirk Jr wrote:

I can say it because its true,we hit the bar,the post and had 2 disallowed and still scored 6 what does that tell you i agree that it wasnt a penalty,and as for our number 4 (which is me) i also admit i was abit childish but i was reacting from the abuse i was given on the sidelines i dont appreciate being abused when i make a genuine attempt to win the ball i apoligise for my reaction it was all in the heat of the moment.

Not like you to spit your dummy out mate, lol.
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

The Viewer wrote:
Popped down to watch the Mivan v Global match today. I was very impressed with some of the play from both sides and it was a very entertaining game to watch, with both teams having plenty of chances and Global will perhaps be kicking themselves for missing some of theirs.

There was a few stand out performers for both teams today, for Global I was impressed with the keeper who made some good saves and one of the centre backs played well and the lad that came on about 20 mins into the game, haven't a clue why he didn't start. And for Inter Mivan I was impressed with the centre mid (16 I think, tall white lad) played a few great balls through and pretty good in the air and the RB was a very descent player and 2 good finishes from Rav who perhaps maybe should have bagged another couple. All in all, a pretty entertaining game. I'm glad that its back and hope the snow stays away.

Glad you enjoyed the game. We came away thinking we'd been hard done by especially given the amount of posession and chances we had in the 2nd half. Having said that we lucky to be at 1-1 at half time after a keeper had made some cracking saves. Fair play to Rav though, he did take the second goal very well.

The lad who came on didn't turn up for the last game as he was in bed with a hangover, so was under 'suspension'. Did well when he came on.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 5:26 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:
Dirk Jr wrote:

hahahaha only spit it out when wannabe footballers cant take losing lol
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:
Dirk Jr wrote:

hahahaha only spit it out when wannabe footballers cant take losing lol

Wannabe footballers? If ur so good y r u playin in div 5? Some of us r injured and a sight more than a wannabe fella as some of ur team m8s will agree. With regards to the game I wud say the difference was the clinical edge in scott n dean for u. 2 very good strikers n if u give those guys service they will get goals as standard. We had our opportunities but sadly for us this year has been stop start with players/manager leaving and injuries to key players.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:18 pm

good standard of football!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

NRI 4 vs Huncote 4
Cracking game for the neutrals, with Huncote taking a two goal lead in the first twenty minutes with some clinical finishing, i think Dyke scored a cracking first time lob. Huncote moving it around well and finding the space well. We then came back to 2-2 before half time and to be honest, could have done without the whistle going as i think our come back had knocked Huncotes stuffing out a bit. Second half Huncote came out very well and had regrouped, the game opening up again. We took the lead 3-2, then 3-3, 4-3 and Huncote completed the scoring to take it level. Really pleased with our boys for coming back from two goals down, and fair play to Huncote who are still in with a chance of winning the league.
Really good spirited game and good to see the Huncote lads down the pub after...will be cheering them on in the cup this weekend, when hopefully there will be another giant killing!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 7:11 am

Thorpe Astley 2 - 0 LDA Spartans

A disappointing performance from us. They outmuscled and out worked us in the first 20 mins and we struggled to get a touch of the ball. We slowly crept in to the game as they began to tire but by then we were already 2 down.

With everything to play for in the second half we still struggled to have any impac, their keeper didn't have anything to do.

Overall we were well beaten. Thorpe Astley were very well organised, strong and very good on the ball.

Good luck to them in the final (I expect them to win it)

A couple of complaints - first the pitch was pretty poor. The middle barely had any grass at all and was loose under foot. Might as well have played at uplands. Second - although the ref was good on the whole we thought he was intimidated by their lads too easily. We ended up with 3 or 4 bookings for minor tackles but he barely spoke to their players all game despite giving us free kicks for what were obvious yellow-card offences.

I'm not sure where Hellboy gets his info from but I'm pretty sure there were no ringers involved.
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 8:07 am

ShaNiO wrote:
good standard of football!

Just like the mighty gus o'gorman fc Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 19 February   Banter for Sunday 19 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 19 February
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next