Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Division 1

Go down 
+9
The Fixture Secretary
dezza
Jimmyb
Polska legend II
Herbo
Gordon
Paulo
the goalie
Declan Swan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

A couple of questions:

From the fixture list, it appears there are only 7 teams in the division. Is this correct?

If so, will each team be playing eachother three times?
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

8 teams mate ,we don't ko till 8th sep, so fosse have no game either.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 2:03 pm

8 teams everyone playing each other once
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 2:58 pm

Paulo wrote:
Err - no - playing each other twice, home and away as normal
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 3:01 pm

In any event, fixtures as always are subject to change. The recent changes to the Constitution has not helped in that respect, but hopefully all will settle down soon.

Keep yourselves available for a fixture, unless you have requested a free date.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 3:37 pm

Gordon wrote:
Paulo wrote:
Err - no - playing each other twice, home and away as normal
Sorry obviously thats what i meant
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Herbo

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 8:48 pm

14 games is just not enough, we have got 5 league games in September so that leaves 9 league games over the following 6 months. Seriously thinking if the division is worth playing in.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 9:04 pm

cup competitions also?
Back to top Go down
Herbo

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 9:18 pm

To me that doesn't make a difference, everyone has cup comps to play in but you still want a good set of league fixtures to get your teeth into. Just hope no one folds or else we will be done for christmas.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 9:38 pm

Agree with the above, seems crazy to be starting the season with only 8 teams. There's 14 teams in division 7, that's an extra 12 league games those teams are getting. 3 games guaranteed in the Arthur Moore (if no one in your group folds) but not in the first round of the Billy Walton. Reckon I'm gonnna be hunting for a friendly every other week.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 7:51 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Agree with the above, seems crazy to be starting the season with only 8 teams. There's 14 teams in division 7, that's an extra 12 league games those teams are getting. 3 games guaranteed in the Arthur Moore (if no one in your group folds) but not in the first round of the Billy Walton. Reckon I'm gonnna be hunting for a friendly every other week.
I thought Arthur Moore was a knockout competition this season or have I imagined that
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 7:56 am

Even better!
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 10:24 pm

You will all be well happy in Feb when we've not played for 10 weeks because of the weather and 80% of people on here will be panicking about Wednesday / Friday / sunday in April!!

In all honesty it's not ideal but we were at a point of no return with so many things when 2 teams decided not to start... As Gordon has stated we will keep an eye on it and as fixture secretary at all the meetings I go through problem teams ahead and behind fixtures. So I will def be keeping an eye on it.

As quite a few people know the Arthur Moore league format was my original idea and i sold it to the committee who agreed with my proposal and decided to go with it! We've done it for I believe 3 seasons but it got heavily criticised last year so we decided to revert to knock out and see what happens with that!

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 10:31 pm

I personally think we will get away with it this season - as James said the bad weather will be negated pretty easily with the number of teams we have in the league, and no night games is always a bonus! Ironically, the AM Cup format last year seemed to hinder more teams than help them, so it is amazing to think that this season we probably could have done with the format remaining!
Back to top Go down
Herbo

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 11:06 pm

The point made about two teams not starting is fair enough and i appreciate that it makes things alot harder for you. In terms of the weather, it has nothing to do with why there is 8 teams in the division it is just a retrospective argument to defend the decision.

If there is only 8 then thats that, but i won't be making the same mistake next year.
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Aug 2013, 7:28 am

I was only using the weather as a half full / half empty scenario!
It could just as easy be the mildest winter in recent years and yes I agree we will have a problem!

What I have put though is that this is NOT how we anticipated things to go. If we could start again now with a blank piece of paper we might well take a division out, but we are where we are and we have to get on with it. If you look at recent history we've never started a division with less than 10 teams and we've a few with this number at present and obviously division 1 with only 8 and the prem with 9.

The thing is we can't do anything now apart from watch what happens and like I said in the monthly committee meetings review the seasons progress. I will do this and like I also said there are other options??

A few years ago we had a competition called the presidents plate? At that time it was Premiership teams only, but there is no reason it has to be that way! We understand teams frustrations but as you eluded to understanding these with regards to the teams not starting a lot of the clubs frustrations are exactly the same as our own frustrations as a committee!

Last edited by The Fixture Secretary on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Aug 2013, 7:31 am

Impossible job to please everyone anyway committee. This year especially seems to have seen the biggest change in teams entering with so many 'top teams' folding and players turning up everywhere
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 5:05 pm

I think the bold decision to not try and rebalance this a couple of weeks ago is gonig to have detrimental effects with some of the Alliance League's most committed teams actively seeking refuge elsewhere.

A real shame.
Back to top Go down
magicdoormouse

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:04 pm

8 teams in Division One simply isn't good enough. As someone has already pointed out, 5 games in September leaves 9 games for 6 months. I know how tough it is for any committee and decisions have to be made but our squad want a tough game every week. That's why we spent so much money in continuation with the Alliance League! 14 games is not a competition and we have made our feelings felt to Morley Taylor. On Sunday last, Morley asked us if we would consider playing each team THREE times giving us a season of 21 games and we immediately agreed. We respectfully suggest to the committee that next seasons assembly of divisions is based on a simple formula of "number of teams entered divided by twelve". This works up and down the country so why not here?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:23 pm

Isn't it indicative of the way society is going where everybody wants to get their own way all the time and a growing majority would rather play lower down the leagues and win at all costs rather than face anything a bit too challenging to get out of bed for? (bloody hell I am sounding like Hellboy!)
Back to top Go down
magicdoormouse

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:51 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Isn't it indicative of the way society is going where everybody wants to get their own way all the time and a growing majority would rather play lower down the leagues and win at all costs rather than face anything a bit too challenging to get out of bed for? (bloody hell I am sounding like Hellboy!)
Well I agree with you! It never ceases to amaze me how many so called "footballers" start teams, get a little success and promotion then find that it's "too hard" for them. affraid Bang goes the team only to turn up the next season in the nether regions banging 6 and 7 in on a weekly basis!Evil or Very Mad Surely the object is to try and compete at the highest level in an effort to improve your game?Rolling Eyes Clowns if you ask me????confused 

Furthermore, I now find out that Premier Sports have folded too! So now as a standard bearer division in the Alliance League we now have SEVEN teams in the division?scratch Someone please correct me if I'm wrong????????????bounce bounce Suspect Suspect Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:54 pm

There is 8 teams in Division 1.

It's typical of the current generation, the generation that have had everything handed to them on a plate so when the going gets tough they cry off.

It's the generation who's role models are Gaz from Geordie Shore and Joey Essex from The Only Way is Essex.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:56 pm

magicdoormouse wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Well I agree with you! It never ceases to amaze me how many so called "footballers" start teams, get a little success and promotion then find that it's "too hard" for them. affraid Bang goes the team only to turn up the next season in the nether regions banging 6 and 7 in on a weekly basis!Evil or Very Mad Surely the object is to try and compete at the highest level in an effort to improve your game?Rolling Eyes Clowns if you ask me????confused 

Furthermore, I now find out that Premier Sports have folded too! So now as a standard bearer division in the Alliance League we now have SEVEN teams in the division?scratch Someone please correct me if I'm wrong????????????bounce bounce Suspect Suspect Suspect 

St Marks came up to make it 8 teams
Back to top Go down
magicdoormouse

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 2:01 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
magicdoormouse wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

St Marks came up to make it 8 teams
Yep got it now! bounce Let's hope they all stay!!!!!
Back to top Go down
magicdoormouse

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 2:06 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
There is 8 teams in Division 1.

It's typical of the current generation, the generation that have had everything handed to them on a plate so when the going gets tough they cry off.

It's the generation who's role models are Gaz from Geordie Shore and Joey Essex from The Only Way is Essex.
I don't know who those people are to whom you refer but I get the gist. We have a squad of 15 and got beat on Sunday 4-2. Both centre midfielders came off at the end battered and bruised (badly) but did they moan????? No! The only thing they both said was that they weren't good enough and can't wait for the return!!! Proper footballers I say!!bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 2:10 pm

I wasn't on about anyone person or club in particular, just a generation thing and I admit, they're going to be exceptions!!
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Sep 2013, 11:31 pm

we have had that this season.

We have worked hard since entering league and got a double promotion to div 1 good or bad only time will tell.. so I went out and strengthened areas , where I felt we needed it the most to make us competitive .

you  would imagine  players would want to give it a good go and test themselves higher up in the divs..

AH Wrong .. A couple of they said the team is too good for them now  to get into!!!! and buggered off to lower leagues???

Don't make sense............

BIG FISH small pond springs to mind
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Sep 2013, 11:25 am

spot on!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Sep 2013, 11:59 am

the goalie wrote:

AH  Wrong .. A couple of they said the team is too good for them now  to get into!!!! and buggered off to lower leagues???

BIG FISH small pond springs to mind
Well they'll have an even bigger shock down there, what with all the pothunters nestled neatly away, they think no ones watching and they can't be seen, but we are all looking at them, sniggering and saying what little chickens they are...cluck cluck cluck, yelower than big bird from sesame street.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm

lol helly well said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Division 1   Division 1 Icon_minitime