Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Division 3 - best division this season

Go down 
+10
Jimmyb
newsreader
L.K.F.C
mowmacre fc
Polska legend II
Hellboy
THE MAGICIAN
Jenko
Widds
Joey Essex
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Joey Essex

Joey Essex

Division 3 - best division this season Empty
PostSubject: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Division 3 has been very competitive this season and I think the most exciting league in the Alliance. Huncote have got to the Billy Walton cup final, and Saff Lounge/Magna Town contested the E W Foster final. Reem Team also won the County Cup Final. NRI, the champions not even mentioned above but are also a good team and could be promoted a couple of divisions?

Every game this season has been competitive, interested to see the promotions for next season and see where we will end up (Saff).

what are YOU sayin!?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

agree mate its been superb. i would say that every game except aylestone lounge was tough. look at our record, won the league but dropped points in six out of fifteen games so far. which suggests either we are not that good, or the division is very competitive. i hate had two secretaries say we are not the best side but we have edged a lot of results, i take that as a compliment that we have a good attitude. its possible that four trophies could end up in division 3 if Huncote play properly on Friday! i think even against epworth we just managed to get results after being behind and they are meant to be the bottom side in division. i think any team from Huncote upwards could play division two and compete for the title, and would hold there own in division one. i think saff lounge have matured as a side this year and seem to have played with a more serious attitude at times which compliments their ability.

i don't think you could back any team in our division to beat another with total conviction. we battered reem 3-0 but then drew to ac Wigston previously, and that was before they got the new players in.

great division and very pleased we were put into it.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Widds wrote:
agree mate its been superb. i would say that every game except aylestone lounge was tough. look at our record, won the league but dropped points in six out of fifteen games so far. which suggests either we are not that good, or the division is very competitive. i hate had two secretaries say we are not the best side but we have edged a lot of results, i take that as a compliment that we have a good attitude. its possible that four trophies could end up in division 3 if Huncote play properly on Friday! i think even against epworth we just managed to get results after being behind and they are meant to be the bottom side in division. i think any team from Huncote upwards could play division two and compete for the title, and would hold there own in division one. i think saff lounge have matured as a side this year and seem to have played with a more serious attitude at times which compliments their ability.

i don't think you could back any team in our division to beat another with total conviction. we battered reem 3-0 but then drew to ac Wigston previously, and that was before they got the new players in.

great division and very pleased we were put into it.

Dont you still need to win your last game Widds to win the league?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 3:42 pm

Yes we do Jenko, don't want to be drawing then hoping on goal difference again like we have previously hoped for past few weeks.

It's not out the question we could even lose on friday, like Widds mentioned anyone in this Division can take points off anyone, you think to our game Jenko, we were 3-0 up at your place and spent the whole 2nd half getting battered by your lot and only hung on to win 3-2.

I will be making absolutely sure that we are focused on friday, i believe i will be only missing 1 player who is on holiday but other than that i have a full team to pick from, if i think there is someone not completely focused in the job at hand i won't pick them, simple as that.

Regarding the league, this is as tough a league i've ever been involved in, some great teams and some fantastic players and really enjoyed watching my team give their all week in week out, just hope we can jump the final hurdle but won't be taking our last game as a gimme, FAR FROM IT.....
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Yes we do Jenko, don't want to be drawing then hoping on goal difference again like we have previously hoped for past few weeks.

It's not out the question we could even lose on friday, like Widds mentioned anyone in this Division can take points off anyone, you think to our game Jenko, we were 3-0 up at your place and spent the whole 2nd half getting battered by your lot and only hung on to win 3-2.

I will be making absolutely sure that we are focused on friday, i believe i will be only missing 1 player who is on holiday but other than that i have a full team to pick from, if i think there is someone not completely focused in the job at hand i won't pick them, simple as that.

Regarding the league, this is as tough a league i've ever been involved in, some great teams and some fantastic players and really enjoyed watching my team give their all week in week out, just hope we can jump the final hurdle but won't be taking our last game as a gimme, FAR FROM IT.....

That could be a vital extra 2 points gained against us then!

Good luck on friday night
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

I don't know where to start, (us..NRI)...usually draw names out the hat for our last game, it gives me the chance to don my new orange boots, iv'e not been given the opportunity to play in them yet, trouble is now we have to win our last game, Widds definitely won't pick me, he thinks it will be too much of a risk, but iv'e seen how well those premier players play in those orange boots, so i figured if i got some, they would do the trick for me, i'm sure Malc would pick me, but Widds has such an influence on the team, theres no getting past him, i suppose thats why they have him in goal.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 5:17 pm

Has been a great league and to think there was a lot of talk in the summer about aylestone lounge or DME winning it!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 5:21 pm

Haha Hellboy, this is how it works. every now and again i text malc some team ideas and malc nods, agrees, then HE makes the correct one lol i am more Daniel levy than roman whatsit! i do enjoy running the club with Malc tho, not sure who loves it most!

malc is my Brian clough lol

and re my comment about winning the league, i meant hopefully lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

it was already sown up according to some Mark! but a lot to be said for team ethic and ability to grind a result out. i don't think its any real surprise that NRI Magna Huncote and saff did so well after promotion, all excellent close teams.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 7:21 pm

some good teams in div 3 . nri saff huncote reem
looking forward to playing against nri in div1 next year
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

Haha Coleman you are obsessed with us and division 1, that's the third time you have said that lol. you may be in the prem anyway pal
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012, 10:06 pm

Widds wrote:
Haha Coleman you are obsessed with us and division 1, that's the third time you have said that lol. you may be in the prem anyway pal

Nah, they will be Division 1 Widds, reason being is the first team played in Division 4, still, the way they smashed up Division 4 i'm sure they will be getting a minimum of a double promotion themselves, lol....
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 1:34 pm

It's been an incredibly competitive league and one we've (MDH) thoroughly enjoyed being in. We have sat near to the bottom for most the season and yet have only been beat by 3 goals once all year... Gives an indication of the competitiveness, that said the folding of a few teams took the gloss off a little and indeed DME's disappearance took us from 5th to 8th so who knows what might have been given the run we put together in the second half of the season.
Anyway all things considereed a great league and truthfully I don't know who the best team in the league for me would be! Reem in their semi final with us played us off the park, NRI he first time round were too much for us, Saff look to have grwon from strength to strength, Huncote are a well organised outfit, Magna I know on their day can battle it out with anyone, AC Wigston seem to have rejuvinated themselves and turned the tide and Epworth have taken points off of some good sides. And then us, the league doesnt look great but 2 semi finals suggests we can beat some pretty handy sides ourselves.
Great fun this year.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 1:57 pm

I said in a post last summer that this league would be so tight that the eventual winners of the league could maybe not win in anything upto 7 games or so.

Looking at how we have all taken points off each other just proves the very fine line between us all in the Division, I also said that anyone could win this league and anyone could finish bottom, not a bad shout lol.

As the season draws to a close I would like to wish all the Div 3 sides all the best for the future. cheers
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

and well done to those who put the constitution together - this one (and div 5 in particular) were spot on!
Back to top Go down
newsreader

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

very competitive division and all side have been capable of beating each other, when you think that nri have only won 1 more game than the rest of top 5 shows you how close the division is, its nri's ability to avoid defeat by the odd goal and their determination to keep going to the end to snatch a draw that has won them the title
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
It's been an incredibly competitive league and one we've (MDH) thoroughly enjoyed being in. We have sat near to the bottom for most the season and yet have only been beat by 3 goals once all year... Gives an indication of the competitiveness, that said the folding of a few teams took the gloss off a little and indeed DME's disappearance took us from 5th to 8th so who knows what might have been given the run we put together in the second half of the season.
Anyway all things considereed a great league and truthfully I don't know who the best team in the league for me would be! Reem in their semi final with us played us off the park, NRI he first time round were too much for us, Saff look to have grwon from strength to strength, Huncote are a well organised outfit, Magna I know on their day can battle it out with anyone, AC Wigston seem to have rejuvinated themselves and turned the tide and Epworth have taken points off of some good sides. And then us, the league doesnt look great but 2 semi finals suggests we can beat some pretty handy sides ourselves.
Great fun this year.

Did you not want to mention us as we are the only team to beat you by three goals lol?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

Jenko wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
Great fun this year.

Did you not want to mention us as we are the only team to beat you by three goals lol?

I think he is bitter about it lol

In fairness, i think LKFC is spot on, and next season i expect them to challenge for the title in div 3...

I will mention Kaffir - very good side, lot of pace, good keeper (make you happy there Jenko? Wink ) good wingers and Andy Herbert who we want to sign but unfortunately he wants to stay with his mates (and fair play to him for that)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

And jenko, its only the best cuz NRI are in it obviously.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Seems to have been a very interesting league and credit has to go to all the teams involved in making it so competitive.

I really don't think there's too much to chose between the teams towards the bottom of division 1 all the way through divison 2 and down to probably MDH in 3. There should be some good divisions again next season, and i would imagine there will be a few extra promoted from 3 maybe?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

I think thats a good point Jimmyb....the EW Fosters cup showing that.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:07 am

Hellboy wrote:

But it mentions all teams even those near the bottom apart from us
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:08 am

Widds wrote:
Jenko wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
Great fun this year.

I think he is bitter about it lol

In fairness, i think LKFC is spot on, and next season i expect them to challenge for the title in div 3...

I will mention Kaffir - very good side, lot of pace, good keeper (make you happy there Jenko? Wink ) good wingers and Andy Herbert who we want to sign but unfortunately he wants to stay with his mates (and fair play to him for that)

Yeah that is better Widds

Am guessing you are on about the keeper for the first game haha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

Jenko wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

But it mentions all teams even those near the bottom apart from us

Who said that.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

Haha jenko you know i mean you! style and keeping prowess! my kind of keeper lol
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

It has been a very enjoyable league, the only disappointment would be the two sides leaving the division short of games etc.

I am hopeful that we will saty in Division 3 (good luck to NRI and Reem, who will do very well in Division 2) with a couple of new editions i fully expect the league to as competitive as this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
newsreader

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

Where did it go wrong for youi widds??? Haha those salmon joggers were a fashion faux pas
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
It has been a very enjoyable league, the only disappointment would be the two sides leaving the division short of games etc.

I am hopeful that we will saty in Division 3 (good luck to NRI and Reem, who will do very well in Division 2) with a couple of new editions i fully expect the league to as competitive as this year

you are second at the moment, and if you finished third, why would you be reluctant to go up to Div 2? You would more than hold your own in that division!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:02 pm

We will finish 3rd or 4th now i think....Reem have Epworth and AC remaining and with the greatest of respect to them both i cant see Reem having to many problems in getting the points they require, i could be proved wrong- Starting tonight

I would like to earn the right to be promoted and getting the trophy to show for the hard work we have put in over a season. That would be my reluctance,
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

newsreader wrote:
Where did it go wrong for youi widds??? Haha those salmon joggers were a fashion faux pas

Haha they were red me old fruit, lucky joggers mate, and they worked!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:49 pm

Sorry Ross, i think you'll be fighting out in Division 2 next season!

I can see the top 4/5 going up due to the shortage of teams in the top divisions unless there is an influx of prem/ div 1 standard teams applying to join the league.

It's been a really good division to play in this season, every week you know your in for a tough game whether playing top or bottom, it's kept things interesting right up until the last few games of the season, shame about the two that folded but in both cases i think they were expecting an easy path to a trophy and failed.

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:57 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
Sorry Ross, i think you'll be fighting out in Division 2 next season!

I can see the top 4/5 going up due to the shortage of teams in the top divisions unless there is an influx of prem/ div 1 standard teams applying to join the league.

It's been a really good division to play in this season, every week you know your in for a tough game whether playing top or bottom, it's kept things interesting right up until the last few games of the season, shame about the two that folded but in both cases i think they were expecting an easy path to a trophy and failed.

surely you can join us then to Lee as you have faired well against the top sides (beating us 7-0 on aggregate!!) geek
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

Just move us all up, we have all enjoyed this season so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:35 pm

Sack that, I'm sick of the sight of you all, you all stay in Div 3, maybe see you in a cup. Lol. That would be more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Tubby NRI

Tubby NRI

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

It's been a very competitive season but the league table doesnt lie at the end of the season! Having only lost 1 league game all season against a very good Reem Team I believe we deserve to be top of the league. There's not an awful lot of difference between a lot of the teams but the fact we get a consistant team out each week plays a big part.... plus the fact.... we're not a bad side Wink
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:54 pm

And full off alchys... that always helps! Wink
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:02 pm

Spy wrote:

You aint wrong, hard to manage sometimes lol, but they never let me down....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:46 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Spy wrote:

You aint wrong, hard to manage sometimes lol, but they never let me down....

Haha we are an absolute delight to manage. And not bad considering some tipped us to fold at Christmas
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm

was it dme?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 3 - best division this season   Division 3 - best division this season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Division 3 - best division this season
Page 1 of 1