Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Post Removal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

Folks - yet again another thread has had to be shut down because of "banter" over stepping the mark, way beyond the boundaries of acceptability. I cannot stress highly enough, that abuse of any kind will not be tolerated. A warning has been sent to those individuals involved.

I can only apologize to those who had contributed constructively towards the thread - but there was simply not time to remove the offending posts. Something we always try to do before removing completely.

Although this does not apply to the majority of people out there, I will make this clear once again - there are rules of this forum which you must abide by in order to be a member. There are a number of differing reasons for the rules in place of which if you feel the need for them to be explained, by all means contact me and I will happily provide more detail.

However the simple fact remains that the rules will stay.

The forum is only as good as the people who participate, and how they participate. We provide a forum platform as it is a valuable asset to the league & users & for large part allow free reign to members. I'm sure would be a shame to continue to see this service ruined by obscene and offensive posts by 1 or two individuals.

There are a number of moderators on this forum, we all try to do the best job we can - occasionally we may miss something, if we do, just let us know rather than become embroiled in a public spat.

Last edited by Web_Manager on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 4:32 pm

you shouldnt remove any posts, END OF
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

Well we are not removing yours, always happy to have a debate on these things, but would you like to explain why you think that?

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 5:30 pm

banter needs to be encouraged, not stopped
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

Obviously it was the Division 1 banter topic that must have lost it's way, not sure what happened as I never saw what was said but whatever it was it's a shme as it was for us folk from the Division.

What I will say is though anyone who puts insults on here does anyone actually take it to heart ??? like I say I'm none the wiser to what has been said but it must have been harsh for the whole thing to be taken down.

I hope whoever had there little spat on here can kiss and make up lol.
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

The thread has been placed back with the offending posts removed.....but it will be watched closey

Banter is more than encouraged, but there has to be moderation. You cant simply allow things to escalate beyond banter. For example one of the posts that may have been removed in the past was encouraging a, shall we say, physical argument outside of the forum. There is simply no justification for allowing that kind thing to stand on a football forum.

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 2:19 pm

of course there is
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

The banter on here is nothing compared to the insults and banter thrown about on a Sunday morning, I've heard refs and players get called things that I can't type on here , the mild ones are stuff like "nonse" ,"moron" and even "divvy"!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Removal   Post Removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Removal
Page 1 of 1