Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Frolesworth United F.C

Go down 
+8
Skeems
Widds
GaryNev
CSKA17
Hellboy
johnmeode
dezza
Paul Daniels
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Frolesworth United F.C Empty
PostSubject: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

FEAR_FUFC wrote:
The Fixture Secretary wrote:

You don't have to moan to me or the committee about this. No one does. My job is hard enough!!!!!!

Don't get me started.............

Advance are well behind in everything. I understand.

You're not the only one it is frustrating for.

The two lads who run the team are working their b*llocks off to try and raise a team each week, even if it means getting hit for eight and nine every game and then having to fork out £70 odd for the privilege.

What do you suggest when players are letting the club down, sometimes at 2am on Sunday morning when they have been out on the p*ss? We're doing our best not to let anyone down and see the season out, at the minute it seems like we are fighting a losing battle but that is all we can do.

The club has been allowed to get into severe debt, the league are obviously heaping fines on us making things much tougher and we've got eight league games to play, plus the farcical Group D Arthur Moore Cup game with Advance Couriers so hopefully we can get XI together.

We've played seven league games, which is the same as Premier Sports who also couldn't field a team against Glenfield today but nobody has mentioned anything about that?

The league need to get off Frolesworth's backs in my opinion and an opinion that is the correct one.

The lads have ran this side for a number of season's now and have been a well maintained and sustainable football club within that time. Gradually they have progressed season on season, and last year finished a deserved and respectable 3rd in division 1.

For a start, Throops finished 2nd and it was quite obvious to us all that once they lost ground on Star & Garter, they started to try and throw a few games in the hope they wouldn't finish 2nd. As it turns out, they did, and decided instead of going up a league, they'd fold and reappear in division 2.

Another side who should of really finished above Frolesworth were Sunbury United. Although I'm lead to believe that Sunbury intended to fold due to them not having anyone to run the team the following year, they still would of finished above Frolly had they took the end of the league season seriously with the intention to carry on. Therefore, Frolesworth would of finished 4th.

Even so, the lads finished 3rd yet still got bumped up a division because Throops decided they couldn't win the prem and fancied winning a few other divisions.

Basically, what I'm saying is, it's the leagues fault that Frolesworth have struggled this year as they've put them in a division that they clearly were not ready for. They didn't earnt he right for promotion, and therefore quite clearly were going to struggle in a division above. If you lose every week, lads lose interest, and its a thankless task left to the management to try and keep the side going. We don't lose every week, and it's still a struggle to get 11 out.

A similar situation happened last year with Kirby, which ultimately has lead to their resignation from the league.

Get off Frolesworths backs, their doing a great job keeping the side going in extremely difficult cicumstances. Their clearly trying to see the season out and start a fresh next season in a division they think they can be competitive in. Plenty of other teams would of folded by now, and reared their ugly heads in one of the lower divisions with the name Pothunters slapped accross their foreheads.

It's proper harsh heaping fines on the poor lads, their just normal people with normal jobs trying to provide us with another Sunday league opposition to pit our wits against.

I know i'll probably get slated for this, but at the end of the day, my opinion is correct and I'm not bothered if any pothunters want to defend themselves because to be honest, their teams probably full of the sort of lads I wouldn't want to be associated with, often known as d**kheads!!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 10:58 am

That is a first class post Paul! And agree that frolesworth need to be aided in their situation rather than hounded, like you say it must be taking a fantastic effort by all connected to them to keep the club going, we played them in a friendly and beat them 4-0 and we thought they might struggle in the prem then but wasn't sure if that was their usual time up as you know what friendlies are like!!

I think the league needs to come with a process for when clubs get in this situation where they do like a due diligence to see if a) it's a genuine issue and the club are doing there upmost to resolve it or b) if its a club just trying to throw games to avoid promotion! Once the league feel they have ascertained which they believe it to be they should then provide the necessary support or take appropriate disciplinary action! I know it'd be hard for the league to work out but with social media so commonly use by players and clubs its amazing what you can find out
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:00 am

What an absolute clown you are. This post is basically slating fairfield dynamo.

How many times can I say. I wasnt involved with throops at all and I started this club. It didnt get started until mid July and was very rushed, Gordon can confirm our intedview was very late. So how did throops decide to reform. This post tarnishes my name and the good name of the lads that ran throops.

I agree that people should get ff frolesworths backs, but their plight certainly wasnt caused by us.

We are a new club who a few ex throops players decided to join, as we are local. The league knew this when they assigned us our league.

And before you call our lads d*ckheads, maybe you should take a look in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:12 am

I don't think the entire post was aimed at you Meade but they have used you an example rightly or wrongly, you can see where people are coming from because of the similarities, we've had it aswell due to our ex Highcross players and us being in div 1 this season!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

The post isn't aimed at anyone but the people who are slating Frolesworth United.

The reference made about Throops, unfortunatly, is the best modern day example I could use to explain parts of the situation. In all fairness, you must of realised your team had a strong Throops contingent, and therefore should of just simply renamed the Throops side, and kept your place in Div 1, or indeed the Prem if the league saw fit. Technically, our side has reformed twice since originally being The White Lion, but we've always kept our division 1 status as we knew we had a small core of players who were capable of playing this level.

The reference to 'd*ckheads' is aimed at those who choose to pothunt in the lower leagues rather than giving it a go in the top leagues where they probably belong. It wasn't directly aimed at you at all, but If you feel that it was, then is that your own admission to being pothunters? Wink

Anyway this post isn't about Fairfield, its about the plight of Frolesworth United.

Completely agree with you Dezza, the league need to look at this situation and help the lads at FUFC. Their clearly doing all they can to keep the club going, yes cancelling games and adding to the backlog is annoying, but I think they are genuinly trying their best to get a side out each week. Heaping fines on them isn't going to help, the poor lads running the side will be forking money out of their own pockets I'm sure, and thats not on in my opinion. They should be punished to a certain extent, but the way things are going I wouldn't blame them if they chucked in the towell at the end of the season and we lose yet another side. Less not forgot, FUFC are an established Alliance Team, we don't want to lose them surely?

p.s I'm not a clown, I'm a magician.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 12:05 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:

p.s I'm not a clown

All clowns have big feet and a big red nose like you.

Long live Frolesworth!!!!
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm

Agree 95%!!!

You are right in principle, the only thing I would add is don't forget the league is run by volunteers too, so due diligence would be hard for them to do on top of their existing jobs. But other than that i agree, teams missing games can be down several reasons. But the league to puts rules in place to TRY to ensure fairness, it won't always work that way though sadly
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

Your post is pointless and factually incorrect.

The Alliance League were NOT going to promote Frolesworth, but after a letter from Frolesworth confirming that they did want to go up and did want to play in the Prem, the league obliged and promoted them.

Frolesworth were a very decent team last year and should of easily held their own in the Prem. What has let them down is players committing and then as soon as a couple of games were lost, jumping ship.

Unless I am mistaken your team Dunton have signed two of FUFCs better players. I'm sure you were wanting to help Frolesworth out so much when you were transfering them over.

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 1:45 pm

And now its interesting! Barcabullona are actually a selfish team looking for self promotion rather than a stable league
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

Correct. Vultures, trying to pull the wool over everybody's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Oh right.

Ok then I'm sorry, your right. We, as a club, are out of order.

My opinion was wrong and for that I deeply regret what I said earlier.

All the best for the rest of the season lads.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

I am writing this post with my Alliance League hat taken off.

I agree with the majority of this post but what if for example Star and Garter couldn't raise a team the same week Frolesworth couldn't raise a team. We get fined £40 and Frolesworth don't get fined. The rules are there to ensure fairness.

Frolesworth did write a letter to the league asking to be promoted as well.

In terms of them "wanting to play" they refused to play us at our gaff last week after there pitch was waterlogged (which it was by the way). If they wanted to play so badly, they would have played it.

As an ex Magna 73 secretary I completely understand there plight though as we went through the same thing at Magna not once but TWICE!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

GaryNev wrote:
Correct. Vultures, trying to pull the wool over everybody's eyes.

Thats what britain thrives on, vultures, the equation is simple, if pot hunters dont succeed, they disperse in to new teams, and if that doesn't work, most other teams sign them anyway, as they tend to be good players, thats why you'll always have prem ability players playing in the lowest divisions on the table, cluck cluck cluck.

such an easy way to win trophies, like taking a lollipop from a child.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Oh right.

i used to think so highly of you, but now, you disgust me!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
I am writing this post with my Alliance League hat taken off.

I agree with the majority of this post but what if for example Star and Garter couldn't raise a team the same week Frolesworth couldn't raise a team. We get fined £40 and Frolesworth don't get fined. The rules are there to ensure fairness.

Frolesworth did write a letter to the league asking to be promoted as well.

In terms of them "wanting to play" they refused to play us at our gaff last week after there pitch was waterlogged (which it was by the way). If they wanted to play so badly, they would have played it.

As an ex Magna 73 secretary I completely understand there plight though as we went through the same thing at Magna not once but TWICE!!

I agree with this. Yes, you should be fined, whole heartedly, we have been in that situation already this season. What I mean is, when does the fining stop?

Out of interest, Is the cost for folding half way through the season the same as folding at the end of a season? Or is it just a case of, if you don't register for the forthcoming season, you are not entered and thus no fine to pay for dispanding?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Oh right.

Don't worry Widds, I will speak no more.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:44 pm

paul damiels is spot on... yeah you should be fined as should any club but the rules can surely be bent when you see a club trying and doing the honest thing trying to fullfill their remaining fixtures.. i mean just lay off with the fines ors they may aswell chuck in the towell. fair play for wanting to go in the prem but as most clubs know good young players can let you down and leave the same decent people running rpund each week trying to get a team out in vein! frolesworth are a credit to the prem for sticking at it and should be helped if anything x
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

Quote :
I agree with this. Yes, you should be fined, whole heartedly, we have been in that situation already this season. What I mean is, when does the fining stop?

Out of interest, Is the cost for folding half way through the season the same as folding at the end of a season? Or is it just a case of, if you don't register for the forthcoming season, you are not entered and thus no fine to pay for dispanding?

You need to let the league know by a certain date (think its 1st March) that you do not intend to re-register for next season and you'll get no fine. Immediately resignations will be met with the mandatory £250 fine I think.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

Its a very valid point, but the difficulty is recognising the genuine, plus, if the league bend the rules once, then another club comes along and challenges with county, its very difficult to be flexible with rules.

I would imagine their is a cap, the league committee isn't stupid, and its better if clubs see it through. That's what the league wants.

Paul Daniels. I jest. Your banter is t'riffic
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Just as an extra note, while the rules are fixed, its an even playing field. We all know its tough sometimes, as a team we struggled and had decided we had to fold just before xmas, we couldn't get a team out, but just as i was going to call Gordon, i received an email from a player looking for a club, nobody responded, we did, took a chance, and he has turned out well. We are now getting two more lads in. The players are out there if you look for them. And he you are willing to take a chance
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 5:57 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Oh right.

Don't worry Widds, I will speak no more.

Thats like a win on the lottery.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:07 pm

A club should resign no later than 31 January to avoid a fine.

On the Frolesworth topic: I sympathise with them, as my own club got hammered in the Premiership for most of their final 2 seasons there, and it takes a gargantuan effort from many people to keep a club going. What I found less than impressive at the time was some of our 'better players' letting us down, not wanting to play after a heavy defeat the previous week. Do these players not realise that by disappearing they make the team weaker and they have a responsibility to man up? Quite a few of them are currently playing for other Alliance League clubs and I do sometimes chuckle because not all of them have come up smelling of roses - nor have the clubs who have eagerly signed them on. Someone else mentioned this earlier: Frolesworth have been let down by players who have bailed out at the first sign of the going getting tough. It's very unfair to blame the league, and also, harsh as it may sound, once again you cannot pick and choose which clubs rules apply to - there must be a level playing field otherwise it becomes a farce.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

Oh, and on the 'Throops' / Fairfield topic. How boring is this now? (Actually, it got boring in October). There are plenty of players in the team that WEREN'T at Throops, and after playing them the other week I can assure people they are NOT pothunters. Jake Wain was at Foxes last year and Div 2 top scorer, and is a good signing. Fairfield have set up a good side and have added quality players to it. If people are that wound up about them give it 2 years and see if they are still around if they get to the Prem. They beat us and MDH by the odd goal, and have been beaten by us and Kilworth this season. If they really were the old Throops in disguise, they'd be flying high at the top of Division 2 by now. They are a good side but they are not Throops of old.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 6:56 am

Polska legend II wrote:
A club should resign no later than 31 January to avoid a fine.

Rule 14 - 1st March
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:02 am

Has that changed?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

Yes - at the AGM in 2011
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:43 am

'Frolesworth did write a letter to the league asking to be promoted as well.'

That is correct and the League Management Committee granted that desire and the resulting challenge of playing against the Premiership teams.

'It's very unfair to blame the league, and also, harsh as it may sound, once again you cannot pick and choose which clubs rules apply to - there must be a level playing field otherwise it becomes a farce.'

Indeed - or the allegations of double standards will rear it's head again.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

underlines the danger of having a rant on here without knowing the full facts. but i suppose as referees we are used to that... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth United F.C   Frolesworth United F.C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frolesworth United F.C
Page 1 of 1