Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Frolesworth Gone???

Go down 
+5
oily
Polska legend II
Sparky
clarkeh
Jimmyb
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

Frolesworth Gone??? Empty
PostSubject: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

Rumours circulating that The Rabbits may move to the LSFL. Anyone know anything about this?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 12:18 pm

http://www.teamstats.net/fufc/forum/forum-topic/FROLESWORTH-UNITED-FC-CLUB-STATEMENT/197353/
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 3:11 pm

Wowsers. Everyone's thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 4:08 pm

Personally think they've acted way out of proportion, they'll go to a league with pretty much identical rules and if this happened again the exact same outcome will happen
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, we've lost a bloody good club in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2015, 11:19 pm

There is a comment from Stewart Walker on Facebook that I think pretty much sums up how the committee have always valued Frolesworth and how disappointed we are to lose them. Personally, (and without a committee hat on), I think this scenario was always likely to erupt - even in their club statement Frolesworth mention the potential situation of either Oadby or Star & Garter or themselves being upset by whatever decisions were made or not made. Someone was always going to be unhappy. Again strictly from my own personal point of view, I think if Oadby were 1-0 up on 75 minutes and playing against 8 men and about to take a penalty, there was no sense whatsoever in replaying the game or not allowing the result to stand - especially if - as their opponents had walked off the pitch, there would have been no guarantee you could ever get it replayed anyway. This was yet another game this season that the league had no control over, but had to step in and clear up the mess. I think it is also worth mentioning that the FA upheld the league's original decision - so clearly this is vindication that the league probably got it right? But those outcomes are largely academic - it is simply a great shame that Frolesworth have decided on their course of action - I think we'd all agree on that. I always found them a very well run club and a good set of lads.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2015, 5:48 am

Will be a massive loss in the prem as they could compete with the best.
And a good set of lads as well all we can do is wish them the best in thier
new adventure.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2015, 11:26 am

If I was involved with the committee at the Alliance League, I would get together with Jordan at Frolesworth (if the inclination is there) and have a face to face meeting and resolve the issue. I am sure (if it's not too late) that this could be resolved and the league wouldn't lose a fantastically ran football club
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

Their loss to be honest, the grass isn't always greener and thy will realise that!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2015, 8:06 am

Alan Partridge wrote:
If I was involved with the committee at the Alliance League, I would get together with Jordan at Frolesworth (if the inclination is there) and have a face to face meeting and resolve the issue. I am sure (if it's not too late) that this could be resolved and the league wouldn't lose a fantastically ran football club

I have no doubt that there have been endless contacts between the League officers and Frolesworth but the League cannot ignore league rules and the County, having heard personal representations from the club, said the League was right in doing what they did.

I remember when the admin at Frolesworth was a nightmare and the league bent over backwards to help, including visits by myself. All, of course, is easily forgotten.

However, I am sure the league committee is sorry to lose them.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2015, 10:40 am

There are two sides to every story, and having heard both, I still feel that Frolesworth were still harshly treated. Whoever's fault that was (Alliance League / Leics FA) is by the by. Good luck to them in their new adventure. I'm sure the League will still see them in County Cup battles this season coming
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2015, 1:00 pm

and don't forget they worked a bit off a con on the league 2 seasons ago when they walked away with
div 2 everyone's ok while things are going their way
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

Wasn't quite the case. If you knew the full facts!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frolesworth Gone???   Frolesworth Gone??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frolesworth Gone???
Page 1 of 1