Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012

Go down 
+41
hotshot66
the goalie
FC POCHIN
Paulo
dezza
ShaNiO
Capello
Hairy Hebrew!
NiffyA
Polska legend II
bulwellian
The Admiral
Thegoacher
dave ash
Jimmyb
2_Kingy
spartamoshdock
CSKA17
driver666
schoey
BUSFC Zack
mowmacre fc
scottyh
whiteeagles
mickkkkkky
lbennett86
Mivan are going up
CSKA Mod
Blackie
riley
Skeems
THE MAGICIAN
SerialStalker
Widds
Jenko
Ramley_LBFC
tysmith c.n.f.c
Huncote Ressies
Hellboy
caz3009
Gordon
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NUGENT.

Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Niffy Res 6-5 Huncote Res
Niffy Scorers:

Nather Rutter 3
Jamie Ward
Curt Oconnor
Leon Blaber

Strange game today, the first 20 minutes we were definitely playing 2nd best but after that period we seemed far the better team but couldnt seem to kill the game off - we were 4-2 up and 6-4 up but still never felt comfortable. Both defences making several mistakes and the strikers really capitalising on this.

PS - I got my first (and usually only) goal of the season....BOOM!! Smile
rutter not suspended after his red card? hows that work then?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

I thought that as well!
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:44 pm

hahaha - suspensions do not come through that quick - he will however be suspended from 23rd September for 3 games
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

it takes 21 days (or so) for a red card ban to come through and begin! it aint like professional football
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

doesn't it take a couple of weeks to come through?
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

ShaNiO wrote:
St Marks 1-4 Oakfield
Jack Barson

Shocking today, nobody was interested and the better side won.

Ref had a stinker, should have had a penalty in the first half, then in the second one of the oakfield subs made a disgraceful challenge on our centre mid and the ref only
gave a yellow, then when the player wanted to come back on he just ignored everybody shouting his attention on the line to prove a point. And referees wonder why players get on their case.

We will go again next week but unfortunately im off to America for a couple of weeks so wish all the boys the best!

Not bad for an average team then?
Especially as missing two of our better players including our keeper
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

the goalie wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Just found out my team (oakfield) beat st marks 4-1 today! Not bad for as st marks said an 'average' side HA

no mate one player said that football is about opinions , but we were shocking today worst performance since i have been manager not a excuse just a fact and yeah you thouroghly deserved your win today punished our errors very well so all the best for rest of season and will see you in return game

Quite a disrespectful comment though
Glad the lads played well and got 3 points against what I have been told are a very good team!
Looking forward to bring able to play in the return leg
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

from what I've heard Th Harrow had a man sent off near the end, 2nd booking. Think the game was already dead for them at that point tho
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

Wigston Rangers 1-3 MJR

Steve Waldrum
Conor Atkinson
Dave Horton

After last weeks drubbing it was important we competed much better. We had our first choice centre back return, which meant i could play centre midfield which gave us some better structure. We started brightly, and made some half chances, Wigston intially looked for the ball over the top bit to often, i think expecting it to beat us every time. We deservedly got infront but that kicked Wigston into gear and they started playing some decent stuff on the floor. Wigston made it 1-1 with their player returning a clearance from our keeper with interest to bring them level. Thankfully we didnt drop our heads and scored from a long throw! Last 15 mins we were back to the wall, with some brave but unpretty defending, the lads threw anthing and everything at the ball to stop it going in, riding our luck at times but thought we deserved it after last week.

Sure dan and his lads will come together soon enough

Thought on the whole ref had a good game on a poor pitch at gutho which needs cutting and marking out, made it hard for both teams

Hope we can build on it, another tough game vs Pochin (i think) next week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 2:25 pm

Paulo wrote:
it takes 21 days (or so) for a red card ban to come through and begin! it aint like professional football

Does that include the FA cup? Basketball
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 2:39 pm

FC POCHIN wrote:
doesn't it take a couple of weeks to come through?
Secretaries will get the paperwork within a week or so of the fixture, providing the ref submits their report on time after the game. Suspensions then start 21 days after the game received and the duration is dependant on the infringement. The FA have made it the responsibility of the secretary to chase if paperwork is not received by 21 days to confirm the duration of the ban........there was a debate about what if a ref doesn't submit and then a secretary chases info for a ban that was never put in place- what happen's then?! (I don't think there was ever a conclusion on this one!)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

the ref will likely be fined and if he or she is going for promotion they can kiss it goodbye for that season! Laughing
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

as referees we have been instructed that if we do not submit a report and a club enquires about the ban then the referee is questioned and if found not to have submitted reports then they will also face a ban or a fine at county,,,,,and this has already happened

we are also instructed to report any club that asks after the game for the referee not to submit reports......
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 4:26 pm

How do the league monitor if the ref turns up on time? Ours on sunday urn up at 10:35 and i recall from the AGM that there is a new rule where ref's must be there 15 mins before kick off.

I am not moaning, there could be a genuine reason why this happened. Just curious how they would keep tabs on it?

Also, just a general question.. If players ask how long is left are the refs allowed to refuse to provide this?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 4:33 pm

the only way a league will know if a referee is late is if the club reports the fact.......as referees we have to report if a club is at fault when we dont kick off at 10-30,,,,league rules say 15 mins before as I myself know and have seen some turn up with minutes to go,,,,so its to try and discourage this happening,,

a referee is not obliged to tell anyone how long to go in the match by the laws of the game, so can refuse if he desires,,,
problem is if ref says 10 mins then there are subs goals and other stoppages it could go 11 12 or 13 and someone on sidelines could be timing it for the ten mins,,,

Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

man in black wrote:
the only way a league will know if a referee is late is if the club reports the fact.......as referees we have to report if a club is at fault when we dont kick off at 10-30,,,,league rules say 15 mins before as I myself know and have seen some turn up with minutes to go,,,,so its to try and discourage this happening,,

a referee is not obliged to tell anyone how long to go in the match by the laws of the game, so can refuse if he desires,,,
problem is if ref says 10 mins then there are subs goals and other stoppages it could go 11 12 or 13 and someone on sidelines could be timing it for the ten mins,,,

Fair play, thanks for the info.

I think its harsh for a ref to refuse to comment on how long is left. We had a situation on Sunday where we wanted to give one of our fringe players a run out, however as the ref repeatedly refused to let us know how long was left and it ended up with us having to guess and the fringe player only getting a few minutes. That is purely my opinion and if thats the rule then we must accept it.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

i only quoted the law in defence of the referee,,,,,,i always tell players how long to go as it stops any body getting on at me for not Very Happy...

Back to top Go down
Huncote Ressies

Huncote Ressies

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 5:24 pm

Sparta3 - We're looking forward to it too, even more so now you guys are unbeaten so far.

Should be a decent game and if we play like the way we know we can then it should be a belter. May the best team win!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

Mivan are going up wrote:
How do the league monitor if the ref turns up on time? Ours on sunday urn up at 10:35 and i recall from the AGM that there is a new rule where ref's must be there 15 mins before kick off.

I am not moaning, there could be a genuine reason why this happened. Just curious how they would keep tabs on it?

Also, just a general question.. If players ask how long is left are the refs allowed to refuse to provide this?

Clive is correct. The only way this rule can stand up is if the clubs report it. Come on guys its what you've all been waiting for! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

man in black wrote:

Fair play, thanks for the info.

I think its harsh for a ref to refuse to comment on how long is left. We had a situation on Sunday where we wanted to give one of our fringe players a run out, however as the ref repeatedly refused to let us know how long was left and it ended up with us having to guess and the fringe player only getting a few minutes. That is purely my opinion and if thats the rule then we must accept it.

Get that casio stopwatch out! Works for us!
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

Polska legend II wrote:

Clive is correct. The only way this rule can stand up is if the clubs report it. Come on guys its what you've all been waiting for! Laughing

Just get a sub or supporter to time the game and give or take a few mins, then just put him on with 10-15 mins to go or however long you want and ifhe gets some injury time minutes then bonus for him.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsundayfc/254116/Home
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

man in black wrote:
always tell players how long to go as it stops any body getting on at me for not Very Happy...

7.62 centimeters. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Hellboy wrote:
man in black wrote:
always tell players how long to go as it stops any body getting on at me for not Very Happy...

7.62 centimeters. Embarassed

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

Jenko wrote:
the goalie wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Just found out my team (oakfield) beat st marks 4-1 today! Not bad for as st marks said an 'average' side HA

no mate one player said that football is about opinions , but we were shocking today worst performance since i have been manager not a excuse just a fact and yeah you thouroghly deserved your win today punished our errors very well so all the best for rest of season and will see you in return game

Glad the lads played well and got 3 points against what I have been told are a very good team!

Is gobby manager of blaby and whetstone?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:48 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Jenko wrote:
the goalie wrote:
Jenko wrote:

Is gobby manager of blaby and whetstone?

Yes he is hellboy why you ask?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

looking for a new manager?preferably a gobby one...come on jenko even i aint that thick....you asked the question. cherry

the topics been locked now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

has it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012   Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 9 September 2012
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3