Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

This Year Pothunters

Go down 
+21
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jenko
Polingtons
Polska legend II
Duane
FC POCHIN
Widds
rocket ledge
Hellboy
Spy
Sparta3
scottyh
johnmeode
CalamityScouse
Jimmyb
LK_United
Fishandchips
dezza
BOSSMAN
Talbotleftback
MrStirrer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:57 pm

Widds wrote:

A year or so ago, a team went pot hunting in the LSL and they (LSL Committee) actually withdrew that team from the division they were in and moved them up a couple of divisions, this was obviously done after just a few games....not sure if the Alliance has anything in its constitution to do that....?

All Leagues have a Standard Code of Rules imposed, rightly or wrongly, by the FA and this does not provide for a change of constitution after the first ball has been kicked.

Spooky - a self answering post!! Guessing a mod helped me out...

Wonder how LSL did it...?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 5:53 am

Widds wrote:
Widds wrote:

A year or so ago, a team went pot hunting in the LSL and they (LSL Committee) actually withdrew that team from the division they were in and moved them up a couple of divisions, this was obviously done after just a few games....not sure if the Alliance has anything in its constitution to do that....?

All Leagues have a Standard Code of Rules imposed, rightly or wrongly, by the FA and this does not provide for a change of constitution after the first ball has been kicked.

Which team was it?...name and shame.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 7:43 am

i Will find out. forgotten myself. watch this space!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

Oh the suspense.

they weren't called Reem team by any chance? Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

Dont start on the Reem!! lol

Just as a side note, i remember when NRI first joined, i came on the forum, said the players we had and what division they had come from and asked for suggestions on what division we should go into, and you know how much assistance i got? None!! Not one person suggested what division in the alliance was equivalent to the division in the LSL that we came from...so perhaps we all need to take a bit more interest in assisting new clubs that are genuinely looking to join a division and be competitive....and not always just call teams pothunters (except Fairfield who clearly are lol)....
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

Clearly someone should have helped you Widds - would have changed that signature of yours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 11:24 am

CalamityScouse wrote:
Clearly someone should have helped you Widds - would have changed that signature of yours Very Happy

Haha, agreed, it turned out quite well in the end!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

New teams generally get put in to a division which they can win, usually at the detriment of longer standing clubs. There will always be accusation of pot hunting because of it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 8:24 am

Widds wrote:
Widds wrote:

I see Aylestone park have been put straight into the east midlands league this season, after finishing outside of the required promotion places, strange things happen sometimes, it must be nice to have friends in the right places, still i suppose they have to rectify the reasons for spending all those thousands of pounds it cost grassroot footballers taxes.

a bit of a link to a couple of previous posts.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 8:56 am

They went up cause rothley didnt want 2 or didnt have the standard facillities, they had 2 promote someone so just went dwn 2 the nxt team that wanted 2 and had the right facilities think a team in the counties league was folding, that was in the mercury couple of weeks ago
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 8:59 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Park-celebrate-moving-world/story-16482389-detail/story.html
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

did you just kick Hellboy off his soap box lol
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

Whoops
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

Polingtons wrote:
They went up cause rothley didnt want 2 or didnt have the standard facillities, they had 2 promote someone so just went dwn 2 the nxt team that wanted 2 and had the right facilities think a team in the counties league was folding, that was in the mercury couple of weeks ago

Rothley folded handing there spot to lutterworth athelic and Oadby left to go to the UCL leaving another space available which went to aylestone park
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 10:19 am

Knew rothley didnt want 2 go up just cldnt remember y
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

The biggest load of propaganda ##llshit, you will only see what they want you to read, we can really believe whats in the papers now cant we? i bet you buy the sun as well, and believe everything thats in that, all fairytale stuff, every last word, never believe a newspaper in your entire life, the council leaders have lost their jobs through the same escapades, you will sit there and suck it all up, its poison nectar, what ive heard it has all allegedly been done by false doings and the money talked very nicely, so believe what you read in them there papers if you want to, but theres definitely an undercurrent of deceit which you will not read in the mercury, keep paying your council tax, and look what they are doing with it, kicking your grassroots football off of our brand new facilities.

Got back on widds. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 10:39 am

Polingtons wrote:
Knew rothley didnt want 2 go up just cldnt remember y

perhaps you mean, you dont know y.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 12:34 pm

Cld find out y if i wanted 2? Ment cldnt remember y aylestone went up
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

Hellboy wrote:
The biggest load of propaganda ##llshit, you will only see what they want you to read, we can really believe whats in the papers now cant we? i bet you buy the sun as well, and believe everything thats in that, all fairytale stuff, every last word, never believe a newspaper in your entire life, the council leaders have lost their jobs through the same escapades, you will sit there and suck it all up, its poison nectar, what ive heard it has all allegedly been done by false doings and the money talked very nicely, so believe what you read in them there papers if you want to, but theres definitely an undercurrent of deceit which you will not read in the mercury, keep paying your council tax, and look what they are doing with it, kicking your grassroots football off of our brand new facilities.

Got back on widds. Wink

london bus found on the moon
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

Nobody willing to drive it back to the station, all on strike for higher wages during the Olympics
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Got back on widds. Wink

london bus found on the moon[/quote]

now that i can believe, coming from such a reputable gent as yourself.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 5:08 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Cld find out y if i wanted 2? Ment cldnt remember y aylestone went up

Indeed i'm sure you could, but if you do find any more juicy bits of gossip, do let me know, i wont tell anyone.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

Widds wrote:
Nobody willing to drive it back to the station, all on strike for higher wages during the Olympics

They just want their share of the £11 billion back that its cost the workers so far, cue the(its for the good of the people and the country responses).
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 5:42 pm

freddie starr ate my hamster?

at risk of sticking to the topic, can I just say hear and now that there will be 2 main accusations of pot hunting (as there are most seasons) and one of those normally folds
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

my favorite type of pothunting is when another team in same division does it and stuffs the others.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 7:54 pm

The worst type for me are, the ones who profit without regard to the rules of sport, by illegal means, without adhering to professional standards of football.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

After 2 seasons of facing it I no longer feel resent for pothunters. I pity them.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:29 pm

Who were pothunting last year then Dan? Humbo? Didn't think they were THAT dominant to be pot hunters??
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

It was in jest, they were too good for our division I feel, but I am not that bothered as I would much rather they win it than Sporting!! It was more aimed at our first season in Which North Kilworth absolutely decimated division 6.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 8:07 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
I pity them.

Now that, i do like.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 9:37 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
It was in jest, they were too good for our division I feel, but I am not that bothered as I would much rather they win it than Sporting!! It was more aimed at our first season in Which North Kilworth absolutely decimated division 6.

Definitely agree with that, Chris Ruskin and a few others in the bottom division was a joke.

Last season, humbo, sporting and you were all a notch above the rest, but fairly even between the 3 of you imo
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 10:23 am

CSKA17 wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

Definitely agree with that, Chris Ruskin and a few others in the bottom division was a joke.

Last season, humbo, sporting and you were all a notch above the rest, but fairly even between the 3 of you imo

Thats the key to it...as long as there are two or three teams competing at the top, then nobody minds, even if they run away from the rest...its just about ensuring competition......
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 11:51 am

Who's Chris Ruskin??! Bloody phone!!
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
No Nathan. I'm the secretary. Jamie sharp the manager

Fairfield may require a new manager by Christmas,.he folded Throops because he had enough of the hassle of getting a side each game.

And he's taking the same group of players to Fairfield,,.?,..

I have to laugh,....

I heard it was due to the negative committee. No probs with players this season. Also not all of the old throops just a select few

You hear wrong meode,.!

Its all been said before, they still do it anyway, its just like a broken record going round, we all hate it when they do it, but it'll never change and you wont ever stop them, they all follow Sharpie( they remind me of humpty dumpty and his twin brothers) round like lost sheep, and they dont care about the concequences it has on other people on the way................ Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep cheers

selfish.

From what I know, Jamie sharp took over for the last 9 games if the season to help out throops who were in the poor. He said then it would only be until the end of the season as the committee were so negative. If it wasn't for Jamie the club word have folded before the season finished.

We at fairfield dynamo are happy with the manager and are hoping for a successful season.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm

Johnmeode,.I have no reason whatsoever to lie about it, I AM in the know and can honestly tell you that ALL the (negative) comittee and majority of the players expected Jamie to be manager (with Scott Williams assistant) next season, as this is what was agree'd when Dan stepped down.

When he decided against it we couldnt find a replacement in time so folded...I have no hard feelings towards anyone about it as was looking to get out of the game altogether anyway so did me a favour in the long run, I just cant see why people felt they couldnt say the truth from the offset.

Good luck in your campaign next season...
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 8:33 pm

LKS even though been bumped up to div 6, have it from an internal source that some of the car breakers lads are going/have gone there. Did ask why when WCB have come across but apparently there's about 4 mates moving together.

Hellboy will be delighted he's got a few teams to go at now!!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
LKS even though been bumped up to div 6, have it from an internal source that some of the car breakers lads are going/have gone there. Did ask why when WCB have come across but apparently there's about 4 mates moving together.

Hellboy will be delighted he's got a few teams to go at now!!!

Also heard this....and heard that the WCB have a bit of a split opinion on the Alliance Prem, some like the idea of testing themselves in the hardest prem in leicester, some dont fancy it every week and are moving to another team...but i dont know which team...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

hope this doesn't affect the season for the side in the prem
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Would feel a bit sorry for the ones that stayed for the challenge if so. I know we go on about pot hunting, but surely finishing top half of the Prem (this year) would be something to be proud of. Where's the satisfaction in dropping down and winning a league you shouldn't be in?!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 7:13 am

CSKA17 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Would feel a bit sorry for the ones that stayed for the challenge if so. I know we go on about pot hunting, but surely finishing top half of the Prem (this year) would be something to be proud of. Where's the satisfaction in dropping down and winning a league you shouldn't be in?!

on and on and on and on.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Year Pothunters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next