Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

pothunters

Go down 
+5
L.K.F.C
Aussie Owl
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Alan Partridge
Widds
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

As its a bit slow on here, thought an old contentious issue should be brought up. At the beginning of the season, Hoskins, NRI, saffron lounge and star and garter amongst others were all called pothunters. After Hoskins got knocked out of two cups by teams from one division above, saffron lounge and oadby in a battle, NRI and sparta, bakers, niffy and couple others competing, does this mean there are no pothunters this year? Just some New teams competing at the top of respective divisions. Only kuato stars seem to have been pothunters- and not very good ones!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Forgot to mention bulls head as well. All the initial hype and concern from other teams seems misplaced!
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

I think some of the teams mentioned were placed in incorrect divisions, but who do you point the finger at for that? The league, or the team for advising how strong their side may be for the forthcoming year. Tough one.

Having played Hoskins, they are good enough for Division One at least in my opinion. Just because they lost to two teams in Division Two doesn't change that, as both those sides maybe in that division themselves next season.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

Has to be the team, the league decide based on interviews and connected names.
I thought Hoskins looked a division 1 side, mid table. Although they are in bad form so maybe caught them on a bad day!
No team has run away with their division have they? You Will always get a qpr and a coventry in your division.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

I don't think there ever were really any pothunters, just players that were perhaps too good for the division they are in. Some teams have more of these players than others, NRI and Hoskins for example, we will only see if they were pot hunters when they get put up a division next year. If they get stroppy half way and fold because they are not winning every week then they were simply pot hunters, if not, then congratulations and welcome to my world.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 4:57 pm

Haha, i cannot guarantee we wont get stroppy halfway through the season, but we will definitely be there come the end of next season.
I agree with you Dan, we had a very poor team, but Rich Ellis from Polska told me about the Ilnickis about 3 weeks before the season started (after divisions were sorted), and i make no bones about it, we wanted to compete for a trophy in our first season, i said that in the interview, but, as you say, the second season is key. If anyone got an option - compete in the first year for a trophy, or compete for mid table, what would anyone choose. The fact we have lost to Sparta, Magna and drawn against Beaumont, plus only won by one goal against Niffy, Sparta, Magna and Phonix suggests we are marginally ahead but by no means walking the league (lose this weekend and Niffy win the league in my opinion)
So looking at results, early doors, Hoskins looked like pothunters, but that seems to have tailed off and i dont think they are nailed on for the league are they?
We are winning against the top teams by small margins (anyone remember the last minute penalty saves - oh go on then, heres a reminder!!). So i think whilst at top end of the league, i dont think there are any real pothunters in the league now we are at the end of the season.....
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:02 pm

We have to decide on the divisions at the end of May because of various deadlines, let alone the fact that clubs and players want to know.

The information we have at that stage is very limited, especially for new clubs. Even the clubs themselves do not know which players are going to sign. We also rely on keeping our ear to the ground and "off the record" advice.

In my opinion, we did not do as well as usual, especially in Division 3, and hence we have had a flurry of resignations in recent weeks.

However, now that we have seven divisions, we have more opportunity to double promote or double relegate.

The saving grace, as someone has said, is that no-one is running away with their division and some divisions are very tight.

Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:14 pm

Division 6 for example has been fantastically close, if it were not for 3 teams resigning this one could have gone to the wire.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:15 pm

Widds wrote:
Haha, i cannot guarantee we wont get stroppy halfway through the season, but we will definitely be there come the end of next season.
I agree with you Dan, we had a very poor team, but Rich Ellis from Polska told me about the Ilnickis about 3 weeks before the season started (after divisions were sorted), and i make no bones about it, we wanted to compete for a trophy in our first season, i said that in the interview, but, as you say, the second season is key. If anyone got an option - compete in the first year for a trophy, or compete for mid table, what would anyone choose. The fact we have lost to Sparta, Magna and drawn against Beaumont, plus only won by one goal against Niffy, Sparta, Magna and Phonix suggests we are marginally ahead but by no means walking the league (lose this weekend and Niffy win the league in my opinion)
So looking at results, early doors, Hoskins looked like pothunters, but that seems to have tailed off and i dont think they are nailed on for the league are they?
We are winning against the top teams by small margins (anyone remember the last minute penalty saves - oh go on then, heres a reminder!!). So i think whilst at top end of the league, i dont think there are any real pothunters in the league now we are at the end of the season.....

In fairness we are just happy to be playing at the minute, we have taken some absolute poundings this season, but its all a learning curve. We have a young team, this was my first season in management and hopefully ina few years we might be a competitive force in the alliance league.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

Good luck to you Dan. Manager at 14! Sorry, i only know you are young, not your real age! Sure with a few additions close season you Will be up there.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:21 pm

Widds wrote:
Good luck to you Dan. Manager at 14! Sorry, i only know you are young, not your real age! Sure with a few additions close season you Will be up there.

I was 18 at the start of the season, now 19 Wink Yeah hopefully we are more likely to lose players than gain them though at the minute.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 5:35 pm

Just keep an eye out and pick up players from folding teams!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

For me I think the league has a number of teams at a very similar level and whilst it is clear in some areas that teams have been misplaced (looking at the lower end of leagues rather than the higher end) I can understand the difficulty that goes into setting these out.
As a div 5 side we have played and beaten in pre season and cup games every team we have played from higher divisions with the exception of Scrappy who we took close losing 5-4 and yet are fighting for our lives to finally pull ourselves out of this division!!!
What a tricky one!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 9:09 am

if any team is pothunting its ADVANCE COURIERS!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

fc hoskins wrote:
if any team is pothunting its ADVANCE COURIERS!

Haha class
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 11:10 am

Widds wrote:
Forgot to mention bulls head as well. All the initial hype and concern from other teams seems misplaced!

lol pothunting in the prem.....makes me laugh widds what some people think and then some said we wouldnt handle it aswell but we can do anyone on our day might try pothunting in blue square in a couple of seasons once we've gelled Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 11:34 am

New Road Inn, biggest load of potholers since the Fosse way was first opened.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Widds wrote:

I was 18 at the start of the season, now 19 Wink Yeah hopefully we are more likely to lose players than gain them though at the minute.

We're putting a bid in for than Dan Mitchell fella - seems to bad loads of goals!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 3:00 pm

NiffyA wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Widds wrote:

We're putting a bid in for than Dan Mitchell fella - seems to bad loads of goals!! Laughing

Haha, A fair few. Closest pitch to my house out of my offers so far. Hoping Wigston Rangers can carry on though. A few new signings and we should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pothunters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: pothunters    pothunters  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pothunters
Page 1 of 1