Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

This Year Pothunters

Go down 
+21
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jenko
Polingtons
Polska legend II
Duane
FC POCHIN
Widds
rocket ledge
Hellboy
Spy
Sparta3
scottyh
johnmeode
CalamityScouse
Jimmyb
LK_United
Fishandchips
dezza
BOSSMAN
Talbotleftback
MrStirrer
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MrStirrer

This Year Pothunters Empty
PostSubject: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:38 am

Ok - now the final constitution is out - ive been reading the rumours, the bater and the friendly results and it seems quite a lot of the divisions have various teams that want to "cheat" the league this year and not reveal their true standard.

In summary at 1 time or another the following clubs have been referenced:

Fairfield Dynamo Div 2 - Basically St Andrews Reserves / Throops who finished second in Div 1 last year

Leicester Klub Sportowy Div 7 - Ex Players from Car Breakers / Saff lounge?

FC Azzuri Div 1 - Ex Prem side Highcross in disguise?

Seaton Div 3 - Combination of Gutho & Fosse players who finished second / third in division 2 last year

Harrow Div 7 - Are they or arent they a new side and different to that, that finished 4th in Div 5 last year

Real Shakespeare Div 5 - Office update?

That is potentially 5 Divisions with teams that are stronger than they should be..............does anybody kow any other teams that are pothunting?

But the question is, which team will be the most successful pothunters? and which team will end up getting bit in the @rse?

Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

jus out of curiosity what is 'bater' lol!
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

MrStirrer wrote:
Ok - now the final constitution is out - ive been reading the rumours, the bater and the friendly results and it seems quite a lot of the divisions have various teams that want to "cheat" the league this year and not reveal their true standard.

In summary at 1 time or another the following clubs have been referenced:

Fairfield Dynamo Div 2 - Basically St Andrews Reserves / Throops who finished second in Div 1 last year

Leicester Klub Sportowy Div 7 - Ex Players from Car Breakers / Saff lounge?
FC Azzuri Div 1 - Ex Prem side Highcross in disguise?

Seaton Div 3 - Combination of Gutho & Fosse players who finished second / third in division 2 last year

Harrow Div 7 - Are they or arent they a new side and different to that, that finished 4th in Div 5 last year

That is potentially 5 Divisions with teams that are stronger than they should be..............does anybody kow any other teams that are pothunting?

But the question is, which team will be the most successful pothunters? and which team will end up getting bit in the @rse?

LKS Division 6 not 7
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Not div 4 now then :-)
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

Can you pot hunt in div1?? Haha we aren't in disguise, everyone knows who we are and who is playing for us!! Including the league
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

Leicester Klub Sportowy Div 7 - now in Div 6 and they admitted they had players above their standard playing in a recent friendly, but they are not signing for them.

FC Azzuri Div 1 - not really pot hunting in Division 1, there's plenty of teams in there to give them a run for there money too.

Harrow Div 7 - They are a new side, The original Harrow side were a good set of lads and been together a while, can't see them pot hunting.

Disagree with these 3, can't comment on the others as don't know anything about them yet.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
MrStirrer

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:27 am

dezza wrote:
Can you pot hunt in div1?? Haha we aren't in disguise, everyone knows who we are and who is playing for us!! Including the league

You could for county cup to stay out of Prem teams way Very Happy ................but I merely stating what the rumours are, and people was seem to think that you could compete in the prem!
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Wow

Strong, potentially libellous words.

I trust these assumptions can be backed up by facts and not rumour?

I for one would see pothunters as being 100% of the team moving to a league proven to be inferior to the one that they previously took part in.

So, on that assumption which of your 'hit list' would meet that criteria?

After all, the AL is much stronger than its counterpart sunday league isn't it?

Just my opinion and surely, without facts we must await the first few rounds of games to see if your assumptions hold water.

Back to top Go down
MrStirrer

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Talbotleftback wrote:

Talbotleftback wrote:

Way way to much time on your hands young man.........
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:29 am

We could probably compete in the lower regions of the prem, but that's not really competing is it? Trust me we have no superstars
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

MrStirrer wrote:
Talbotleftback wrote:

Talbotleftback wrote:

POT KETTLE AND BLACK comes to mind as you created this post
Back to top Go down
Talbotleftback

Talbotleftback

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:32 am

MrStirrer wrote:
Talbotleftback wrote:

Talbotleftback wrote:

Hahahha yep i have
Back to top Go down
MrStirrer

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:34 am

FoxHunter1974 wrote:
I trust these assumptions can be backed up by facts and not rumour?

no they absolutely cant be backed up by facts, they are just the rumours are the forum placed in one thread..........but the saying goes........no smoke without fire

Some of the teams seem to have impacted other teams (see Trinity on Niffy, Seaton on Gutho) so they can hardly be made up, and logic would state of the other teams that have folded the players have to go somewhere!
Back to top Go down
MrStirrer

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:35 am

BOSSMAN wrote:
POT KETTLE AND BLACK comes to mind as you created this post

I agree, but im sad lonely and pathetic so its ok for me!

Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:03 pm

Seems like a fair post to me, but I will say in defence of Seaton is that they have about 5 Gutho players who will probably be their strongest players, only 2 from Fosse who have left because they weren't getting games and a manager who I believe hasn't managed before at any level, Div3 seems about right.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:12 pm

MrStirrer wrote:

And Ayelstone...... gonna be a long season for the rest of us staring up at them two running away with it! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

I agree to a point Jimmy

I spoke with the brains behind Seaton on Monday, and they have 6 Gutho players from last year at current count. A further 2 that have signed inthe past but only for 1 or 2 games and last time out was 2 seasons ago.

If more will end up there, I'm not sure, but I know that the departure of those 6 lead to the departure of 3 others from us which led to us folding.

But he also says they have players who have never played 11 a side before, with the premise of the team being old school friends only.

as for ever other runour on this thread, I don't know a lot about them. I do think the Throops lads will pop up somewhere together, and that team will be very strong contenders for whatever division it is.

Azzuri, I do think they will have the odd great player, I think Lou Finney is a brilliant player on his day, and should they sign the old Highcross keeper he is also quality. But 3/4 doesn't make a Prem side I guess.

Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

During the interview process, the comittee were informed of the players that would be signing for fairfield dynamo this season and asked there advice on what league they should be in. dont think that can be called pot hunting lol
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

lks ex lounge and car breakers lads il show u every form we sent in on who we signed there defo aint no ex car breakers or lounge lads thats 4 sure
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

thanks fish and chips we aint gonna b anything special leicester sportway we beat a team from bottom of 7 that were hammered every week lat year so thats nothing get carried away with div 6 bout r level
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

johnmeode wrote:
During the interview process, the comittee were informed of the players that would be signing for fairfield dynamo this season and asked there advice on what league they should be in. dont think that can be called pot hunting lol

You in charge there Bushy? Who you got playing for you?
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

Anyone got anymore to add to this Pothunters section?
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 6:26 pm

No Nathan. I'm the secretary. Jamie sharp the manager
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

OH MY GOD!!!

they're everywhere, like rats serging from the flooding sewers, this year the breeding has been so successful, there's a plague of them, we'll be swating them like flies hanging round a big dribbly cow pat, yuk yuk yuk, plus it hasn't help cuz theres been a halfprice sale in wilkos on all the pledge & mr sheen, so their mums are stocked up for their likkle angels bedroom cabinets, full of plastic and tin likkle footballers standing on a plinth, won under false pretences of course as we all know, and theres no shame in it, because if mummy and daddy say its ok to do it, then it surely is, maybe if we all club together and collect up all the old goal nets, and stich them in to a big one, we can throw it over them, and catch them like a trawl of monkfish, maybe then we can catch all of them, and ship them over to china, where they can be used for herbal medicines, and their bones ground down for aphrodisiacs.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

i just cant believe that robbos are in div 2, i thought they got away with it getting put in div1, hodgo will rip most teams if not all teams apart in div2 next season
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:35 pm

Will do well to rip Huncote, Reem and Saff apart Tommy....is he that good?

I heard they have some Robbos players in the team, but many havent signed...
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

Mr Ledge, do you agree with ANYTHING that the league decides?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

Widds, hodgo really is that good!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:41 pm

MONSELL WMC WILL BE THIS SEASONS TOP POTHUNTERS!
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Mr Ledge, do you agree with ANYTHING that the league decides?

in general i try not to

but i think most would agree that the old robbos should be in the prem and if fairfield are the old throops then the same should apply to them
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

A year or so ago, a team went pot hunting in the LSL and they (LSL Committee) actually withdrew that team from the division they were in and moved them up a couple of divisions, this was obviously done after just a few games....not sure if the Alliance has anything in its constitution to do that....?

All Leagues have a Standard Code of Rules imposed, rightly or wrongly, by the FA and this does not provide for a change of constitution after the first ball has been kicked.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 5:06 pm

johnmeode wrote:

Fairfield may require a new manager by Christmas,.he folded Throops because he had enough of the hassle of getting a side each game.

And he's taking the same group of players to Fairfield,,.?,..

I have to laugh,....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 5:25 pm

Well said duane, its the same boring people going round, doing the same boring stuff, and no doubt they'll still be doing it next year as well, its like watching the school girls in the play ground, holding each others hands, and holding on to the teachers skirt.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

Fairfield may require a new manager by Christmas,.he folded Throops because he had enough of the hassle of getting a side each game.

I have to laugh,....

I heard it was due to the negative committee. No probs with players this season. Also not all of the old throops just a select few
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 6:59 pm

Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

I have to laugh,....

that was when s and g were too good for them in div1, now they are in div2 they will have no problem getting out of bed for a pothunt unless they realise that aylestone are too good for them
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

johnmeode wrote:
Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

I have to laugh,....

I heard it was due to the negative committee. No probs with players this season. Also not all of the old throops just a select few

You hear wrong meode,.!
Back to top Go down
MrStirrer

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 7:33 pm

Meode - I like to think I've been round the block a few times, probably not as much as you, but a bit.

If this Jamie can have problems with what the league have stated over and over again was one the best run clubs in the league then he sounds like he could have problems with just about anybody..

Personally the league are never going to get things right all the time, and to say you stated the players signing is a feeble excuse how can 3/4 people know the abilities of over 2200 players. As everyone knows they also ask what division you think you should be in.....I'd be interested to hear what your answer was.

Don't get me wrong nobody on this forum can prove anything about anybody until the first official ball is kicked. But suspiciousions are clearly very high with some teams.

The real shame is, teams pothunting, doing things to deliberately mislead the league, ruin it for all the honest teams out there. I would much rather see a Polska win the league after years of honest building than a flash in the pan. I could sight other teams for other divisions but it'll make no difference.

The only hope is, that those that are proved to be pot hunters after a few games, it all goes terribly wrong for them later in the season.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

Jamie is a good friend of mine and I wouldn't have taken the job of secretary on if I thought there would be problems. I have managed teams in the alliance and in the senior league so I know what it takes.

We are not repeat not the old throops side, we have a few players maybe 5-6 who played for them the rest are made up of random players from all over. Nobody from fairfield dynamo has said that we have all these throops and st Andrews players. It is all rumours. Our squad is still not finalized.

I asked the league to be put anywhere from 1-3. They asked the caliber and some of the names and we told them. simple really.

I certainly don't expect us to run away with the league. However I am hoping we can be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Duane wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

I have to laugh,....

You hear wrong meode,.!

Its all been said before, they still do it anyway, its just like a broken record going round, we all hate it when they do it, but it'll never change and you wont ever stop them, they all follow Sharpie( they remind me of humpty dumpty and his twin brothers) round like lost sheep, and they dont care about the concequences it has on other people on the way................ Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep cheers

selfish.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

MrStirrer wrote:
Meode - I like to think I've been round the block a few times, probably not as much as you, but a bit.

If this Jamie can have problems with what the league have stated over and over again was one the best run clubs in the league then he sounds like he could have problems with just about anybody..

Personally the league are never going to get things right all the time, and to say you stated the players signing is a feeble excuse how can 3/4 people know the abilities of over 2200 players. As everyone knows they also ask what division you think you should be in.....I'd be interested to hear what your answer was.

Don't get me wrong nobody on this forum can prove anything about anybody until the first official ball is kicked. But suspiciousions are clearly very high with some teams.

The real shame is, teams pothunting, doing things to deliberately mislead the league, ruin it for all the honest teams out there. I would much rather see a Polska win the league after years of honest building than a flash in the pan. I could sight other teams for other divisions but it'll make no difference.

The only hope is, that those that are proved to be pot hunters after a few games, it all goes terribly wrong for them later in the season.

Hear hear! Been building for 40 years now... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Year Pothunters   This Year Pothunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Year Pothunters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next