Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?

Go down 
+48
CSKA17
gazfox9
the_harrow
Skeems
bretty1
Talbotleftback
mowmacre fc
Sparky
THE MAGICIAN
somebody
dave ash
Pete Mourinho
Vyvyan
CalamityScouse
Phoenix_United
Jimmyb
FC POCHIN
Carlo79
fozzi
BOSSMAN
NUGENT.
flipflap9
rocket ledge
Mivan are going up
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
Polingtons
Sparta3
hotshot66
Snash
Duane
dezza
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Polska legend II
Capello
Hairy Hebrew!
norty14
Fishandchips
whiteeagles
Cobbo
Bucko
Spy
lingers
Sneijder10
Widds
spartamoshdock
Paulo
royboy
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlo79

What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

As per usual there are people building teams up way above expectations for no apparent reason. I seem to remember everyone thinking Thurmaston WMP would walk Div 1 last year after never seeing them play a game...the fact is, they finished near the bottom. So why now is everyone assuming FC Azzuri and Barcabullona are going to walk the leagues? Stick to what you know, Leicester Foxes will go far in this league. The rest is anyones GUESS.

p.s who are the webbed fingered ones Widds?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

Carlo79 wrote:
As per usual there are people building teams up way above expectations for no apparent reason. I seem to remember everyone thinking Thurmaston WMP would walk Div 1 last year after never seeing them play a game...the fact is, they finished near the bottom. So why now is everyone assuming FC Azzuri and Barcabullona are going to walk the leagues? Stick to what you know, Leicester Foxes will go far in this league. The rest is anyones GUESS.

I am guessing its your team - Barcabullona, from out in the sticks...!! (dont be too offended, i lived out there for a long time!!)

But i know Dezza and his players, they are good, very good and will be top end div 1 for definite, but fair play, get a season in winning, then you keep players interested and attract others, it worked for us!

And Capello - you polish that crown for me son, i will be wearing that, i am a bantasaurus lol
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Royale Barcabullona were Dunton and Broughton. It is a name change.
Back to top Go down
Carlo79

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

Widds wrote:
Carlo79 wrote:

I am guessing its your team - Barcabullona, from out in the sticks...!! (dont be too offended, i lived out there for a long time!!)

But i know Dezza and his players, they are good, very good and will be top end div 1 for definite, but fair play, get a season in winning, then you keep players interested and attract others, it worked for us!

And Capello - you polish that crown for me son, i will be wearing that, i am a bantasaurus lol

I'm not a member of Barcabullona at all Widds, just wondered who gets classed as inbred these days. If the name change thing is true, then you may be right, because I'm sure the old Dunton & Broughton were all about 8ft tall.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

So its a different team to the Barcabullona that was in the Hinckley Prem? Fair enough then....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Carlo79 wrote:
Widds wrote:
Carlo79 wrote:

I'm not a member of Barcabullona at all Widds, just wondered who gets classed as inbred these days. If the name change thing is true, then you may be right, because I'm sure the old Dunton & Broughton were all about 8ft tall.

Haha, anywhere outside LE1 i think!!
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

NUGENT. wrote:
i know some of the shakespeare lads (old office update) they are definately too good for div 5 and could easily challenge for div 4. im surprised that talbot are in div 4 as well as harrow says, would make more sense if the 2 were swapped around i reckon. i hope the league get it right because it would be unfair on teams who have been around for a while and then a new team comes in a walks a div

I second this post
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:48 am

Anyone know anything about The Shakespeare or The Fairfield. The latter have Adam Jones with them who we know fairly well, but we don't know anything about Shakespeare.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: 2012/13 leagues   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 1:05 am

having met lsl sides in cup and friendlies over the last few seasons i would say that generally alliance sides
are a division above lsl sides in terms of strength in depth of the division
so i think the swapping of talbot and thurmaston with shakespeare and fairfield would make divs 4 and 5
very competitive next season
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 8:25 am

Whats division 7 like ?????????????
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
having met lsl sides in cup and friendlies over the last few seasons i would say that generally alliance sides
are a division above lsl sides in terms of strength in depth of the division
so i think the swapping of talbot and thurmaston with shakespeare and fairfield would make divs 4 and 5
very competitive next season

With the constitution being described as "fluid", maybe we'll see one or two changes before the handbook meeting.
Back to top Go down
royboy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

Phoenix United to win div 3
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

Sparta3 wrote:

With the constitution being described as "fluid", maybe we'll see one or two changes before the handbook meeting.

A racing certainty - Morley says so Mad Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 11:51 am

Division 2 looks very interesting, gonna be some great games in there. Think the Gutho + Throops combo will be strong and take the title. Personally though, would've liked to have seen them in Division 1. Not really sure how a top Division 1 team merged with a top Division 2 team can be placed in Division 2. All the top players must be leaving! Or at least that's what we'll be lead to believe!

Should this be in the Pothunters thread?
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

Wheres the constitution of divisions hidden or are they not on the webb site yet.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Haven't seen the full list anywhere. Guess its just been people posting their own divisions so far.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

As they are provisional I would think that is the reason they are not on here
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
As they are provisional I would think that is the reason they are not on here

Codswallop! Usually makes it onto the forum in full doesn't it!?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Division 2 looks very interesting, gonna be some great games in there. Think the Gutho + Throops combo will be strong and take the title. Personally though, would've liked to have seen them in Division 1. Not really sure how a top Division 1 team merged with a top Division 2 team can be placed in Division 2. All the top players must be leaving! Or at least that's what we'll be lead to believe!

perhaps they will be moved after discussions with the Throops manager that may be taking charge? wont hold my breathe though
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

See "League Announcements" for the DRAFT Constitution and then continue to make your posts on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix_United

Phoenix_United

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

royboy wrote:
Phoenix United to win div 3

Optimistic but thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/phoenixunitedfc010203
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

perhaps they will be moved after discussions with the Throops manager that may be taking charge? wont hold my breathe though

Push them into Div 1 and Foxes/Aylestone or FC Azzuri into the prem....
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

Widds wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Works for me.

Widds, pull the necessary strings.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

Think that would work....think at least another team has to go into the prem!!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 3:20 pm

Definitely.

Also, wonder how the cup competitions will be structured! Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Widds wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Works for me.

Widds, pull the necessary strings.

Haha, Pete will have to do that, you know committee members only get teams moved to benefit themselves!! Wink

I agree another team in the Prem, because lets be honest, there is no chance at all of no team folding in the Prem...but, as mentioned, there are some other amendments/teams on the way, so perhaps this is where the changes will be...

I would like to know as well, if the Arthur Moore will be Champs League format.....
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 3:58 pm

Just a personal view, but I would do away with the Arthur Moore and put the top 5 or 6 teams in Div 1 (and/or any new teams such as Oscars) in the Prem. The fear factor is immense - few teams want to go into a small division - a bigger division means more competition - and more chance you will be playing someone you could possibly compete with every other week as opposed to the Advances and Premiers!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

Hope it is, guarantees teams like ours at least one game against one of the big boys!

Yup, hopefully still a few new teams to be confirmed to beef up the leagues where needed.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: draft constitution   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

yes good call mark either the arthur moore or billy walton need to be scrapped
to enable the prem to take another 4 teams making it more competive and avoid
whipping boys who then fold
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

would never favour scrapping the BW - that's like getting rid of the FA Cup! But a bigger Prem would mean possible fixture backlog so I don't think you'd be able to do it all and still keep the same number of cup competitions. Imagine if you tried it in reverse and just said 'we're scrapping the Prem and putting those teams left in it in with Div 1 sides, and that will be our top division'?
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: draft constitution   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:44 pm

at the moment some prem sides are playing more cup games than league which is silly really
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

Jimmyb wrote:

I think Duane has tried to explain this in an earlier post, but I will give you my 2 pennines worth.

Both Gutho and Throops only folded because there was no manager at either club. Players, yes, secretary, yes, treasurer, yes, but no one person to be a number 1.

It wasn't until last Thursday that a player from Gutho said he would step up to ensure that the club wouldn't fold. As the constitution was developed last Thursday we really did withdraw our resignation at the very last possible moment. The reason why Gutho was picked and not Throops was purely as I had taken the risk to affiliate Gutho and Throops hadn't bothered. Why should we pay a late fee if we don't have to?

I had held initial discussions with Throops to discuss the possibility of a merger, but nothing was decided for sure. On the basis that there would have still been no one to manage it. Even upon withdrawing our resignation I did advise the league that it was our intention to merge, as I had to ask the situation with regards to a name change (hopefully someone from the league can clarify this). So everything was fully transparent.

When you look at it, it is a no brainier that the 2 clubs should look to do something together. We were formed in the same year as Throops, have had many a good battle with them down the years, even ended up sharing a pitch with them and a bar afterwards. So both sets of players are familiar with each other, and both club sets of players in the main get along. The only other club that could have had such a claim to come in on it as well was St Patricks, but given their location, it wouldn't have been practical.

Having now had the chance to finalize things, it does very much like a group of Throops players will be coming on board & we will probably change names to recognise this. I must highlight though, that this is not the entire Throops team, and is in fact now considerable less than originally intended because we have been placed in Division 2 with a number of players choosing to test themselves in higher divisions.

Time will tell if it is to work, and time will tell if we are in the wrong division. At the end of the day I can try to justify it as much as I can, and I can make all the reasons in the world, but at the end of the day it is the leagues decision.

When you look at the facts, we are not hiding that we are joining (indeed this a public forum heavily moderated by league officials as you know), we will not hide the players we are signing, all players will be signed by the deadline, so the league still has the chance upon reflection to change our placing. We are not a new team trying to cheat the league by resigned and coming back as some else (as many a team have).

To call us pot hunters would be completely unfair, and would disregard the last 6 years of hard work that both clubs have put in establishing themselves. Nobody could use such words when we were being spanked every week in division 4.

I have always prided myself on the fact that Gutho is a place were friends can kick a ball about on a Sunday morning, I think at the end of the day, that's why are new manager didn't want us to fold as the group we have is top class. I don't see this methodology changing, and if we go on to end the season with a trophy, yes it would be great, but if not, nobody will be spitting their dummies out.

Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

The Prem with 12 and the Moore on a straight knock out is feasible from a fixtures point of view and there would be no need to change the Walton. The Group format for the Moore was to enable a full set of fixtures when the Prem was reduced in size.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:00 pm

I would like to have a go in the Arthur Moore, but thats a selfish viewpoint, as Jimmy B says, get a chance to whoop Prem and Advance a season before intended lol

But, in the interests of making the Alliance stronger from top down (i believe last year the lower divisions were stronger when comparing like for like across the county), extra teams would be great. And it would attract more stronger teams, which would then mean lower prem sides down to the first div etc etc, which would make the alliance stronger in the county cup, which we all want....

I used to hate drawing alliance teams when i played in the LSL because you knew that the same div in the alliance was stronger...genuinely feel the league became a little weaker this year, but looking at the new teams coming in, and the development of teams such as ours, you will see a much stronger top tier and div 1....
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: draft constitution   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

seems about the best solution dennis
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

Jimmyb wrote:

No,..I dont think it should be in the Pothunters thread personally, what are pothunters?

To me its a group of players who deliberately (keyword) leave a Prem/Div 1 club and go and play 2/3 divisions lower so they have a better chance of winning. This group of players didnt do that, the sequence of events that have lead them to where they find themselves was way beyond their control and I know 90% of them wanted to stay and give the Prem a crack under the Throops name.

Not pothunters at all me ode,.!
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:04 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Throops havent got a manager, thats why they folded..
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

I agree Duane, although i would go further, and say pothunters are those who deliberately mislead the league about the players they have signed on...

If a team signs players on and is open about it, they cannot be labelled pothunters, just shrewd transfer market players!!

I dont know the players you are keeping from Throops etc, but i am sure you and Mark are going to be open about it, which means its down to the league to choose your division....if they get it wrong, its the league at fault, not you guys....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:07 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Missing NRI already?? Better the devil you know haha
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 5:38 pm

You won't be coming down a division lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?   What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the draft constitution 2012-2013?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next