Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 22 February

Go down 
+8
bishbosh
Hairy Hebrew!
CSKA17
wopman
dave ash
allen654
TheSpecialOne
Gordon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 22 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

Not many of you tell the story these days - I am sure you can do better

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 4:14 pm

Trinderbox are a filthy team - seemed more interested in the physical stuff today, rather than playing football
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

Aberdale 4-1 Wigston Fields

Keith Edgar

Relatively poor quality from Fields today. First 10 minutes it could easily have been 'one of those days'; with only a handful of touches and being torn apart too easily for an easy tap in. We seemed to wake up a little bit and make it slightly more difficult for Aberdale who rarely got out of cruise control. Some sloppy football led to a second goal for Aberdale before the break but Fields held firm and created some half chances in the first. James Field with a dipping shot which was tipped over by the Aberdale keeper. 2-0 down a half time and truly chasing shadows. Into the second half and Fields found themselves back in the game after a counter attack saw Nathan Patrick thread the ball through for Keith Edgar to fire home from the angle. That should have given fields the momentum but Aberdale again controlled the play with the three midfielders pulling the strings and the pace of the strikers up top causing havoc. The third was a quick counter attack with a ball over the top and the Aberdale striker squaring the ball to his teammate to fire into the foot of the net from close range. Aberdale went to sleep a bit a from a Steve Toone free kick Danny Toone should have scored only for the keeper to save and result in a typical 'Sunday morning' goalmouth scramble. Bodies on the goal line, in the mud bath, boots flying trying to make contract with the ball but in the end it was somehow squirmed out for a corner. The fourth goal killed the game off, good delivery from the corner, good headed contact and in off the post. Probably the best footballing side we have played this season but we gave them far to much room and respect. Onto the semi final next week which we need a much improved performance!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm

CSKA Carnabys Res 5 - 1 The Plough Wigston

Score doesn't really reflect the game we were unlucky today Pez the cska keeper was outstanding he made 6 or 7 brilliant saves where our keeper had a bad day today, i think 7 - 7 could of easily been the final score today.

Well done to cska as they had a bear 11 players due to the 1st team and players away
Back to top Go down
wopman

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

allen654 wrote:

Keith Edgar

Relatively poor quality from Fields today. First 10 minutes it could easily have been 'one of those days'; with only a handful of touches and being torn apart too easily for an easy tap in. We seemed to wake up a little bit and make it slightly more difficult for Aberdale who rarely got out of cruise control. Some sloppy football led to a second goal for Aberdale before the break but Fields held firm and created some half chances in the first. James Field with a dipping shot which was tipped over by the Aberdale keeper. 2-0 down a half time and truly chasing shadows. Into the second half and Fields found themselves back in the game after a counter attack saw Nathan Patrick thread the ball through for Keith Edgar to fire home from the angle. That should have given fields the momentum but Aberdale again controlled the play with the three midfielders pulling the strings and the pace of the strikers up top causing havoc. The third was a quick counter attack with a ball over the top and the Aberdale striker squaring the ball to his teammate to fire into the foot of the net from close range. Aberdale went to sleep a bit a from a Steve Toone free kick Danny Toone should have scored only for the keeper to save and result in a typical 'Sunday morning' goalmouth scramble. Bodies on the goal line, in the mud bath, boots flying trying to make contract with the ball but in the end it was somehow squirmed out for a corner. The fourth goal killed the game off, good delivery from the corner, good headed contact and in off the post. Probably the best footballing side we have played this season but we gave them far to much room and respect. Onto the semi final next week which we need a much improved performance!
  enjoyed it today game played in the right spirit even when you were  4  1 down you never stopped trying  credit to your number 8 never stopped all game good movement kept me on my toes for the whole  90 mins we had 15 players available on the sat night but same old story down to the bare 11 for the 3rd week running a fair reflection you have given on the game look forward to the return  good luck to you in your semi next week ps the goalmouth scramble was crazy seemed to last for ever lol
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm

wopman wrote:
allen654 wrote:

Keith Edgar

enjoyed it today game played in the right spirit even when you were  4  1 down you never stopped trying  credit to your number 8 never stopped all game good movement kept me on my toes for the whole  90 mins we had 15 players available on the sat night but same old story down to the bare 11 for the 3rd week running a fair reflection you have given on the game look forward to the return  good luck to you in your semi next week  ps  the goalmouth scramble was crazy seemed to last for ever lol

Yes it did! How it didn't go in I don't knkw. Took his goal well our striker did. Did enjoy the referee falling over twice! Added to the game. Reckon he did well keeping the game flowing as much as possible and on top of the game by keeping up with play. Thanks only the small matter of friar lane and there 40 goal Striker. Hopefully have some players back for It as well
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm

dave ash wrote:

CSKA Carnabys Res 5 - 1 The Plough Wigston

Score doesn't really reflect the game we were unlucky today Pez the cska keeper was outstanding he made 6 or 7 brilliant saves where our keeper had a bad day today, i think 7 - 7 could of easily been the final score today.

Well done to cska as they had a bear 11 players due to the 1st team and players away

Pez did make some crucial saves. Won't be the first time you've seen that! Plenty of chances for both sides. Felt our forwards made the difference, really pressured and hassled your defence which was crucial
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 10:00 am

phoenix 7-3 oak

Turned up with bare bones and a few walking wounded. Just trying to see the season out now and we are working wonders just to get our games played.
Doesn't help when u have cocky little twats as opposition slagging us off cause we are towards the bottom of the division. I just hope they don't have to go through a season like ours this year! If we hadn't of turned up then they wouldn't of had a game!
Phoenix players and manager constantly berated the man in the middle. Slagged us off for our tackles but I seem to remember us getting our fair share of free kicks also! but we didn't moan and we just got on with it!
After the game the referee was confronted by the little ginger fella still asking for him to send our players off! Then again another player giving him abuse.
Its a wonder why these refs bother turning up for games! They won the game quite easily yet give the referee grief!

Thank god we wont be playing them again!

Only 5 games to go....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
bishbosh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

Hairy Hebrew let me remind you why there was a problem towards the end of the game.. After a tackle from one of our players which was strong but no free kick given your CAPTAIN booted him straight in the legs after the ball had gone. This is a straight red card but the ref gave a yellow which caused more problems because him giving a yellow says booting people off the ball is acceptable which it is clearly not regardless of the scoreline or standard of football. As the manager I did go and question the ref straight away because I want him to protect my players from thugs and he didn't do that all game, the poor banter of your bottom of the league came from when your players wanted to argue that the incident off the ball isn't a red card. We'll hold our hands up for the unsportsmanlike behaviour after the game about your position in the table and as a club we have been through similar periods of bad times like yourselves.

But let me also remind you when one of your 'walking wounded' went down we tried to put the ball out of play but one of your lads two footed our lad trying to do it another example of your terrible tackles that can seriously hurt someone.

We've played you three times this season & I've watched you one other, your tackling is dreadful & your team must be lucky if they haven't seriously injured someone. Id rather have a team of 'cocky little twats' as you say who can play football than lads who just want to turn up and boot people every Sunday morning.

We gave the ref grief because players have to be protected or the game isn't going to be a safe place. The ref gets paid to do that job on a Sunday morning and he has a duty of care for the players on the pitch & he didn't do that on Sunday.

I'd also return the comment of not having to play you again because we don't want anyone injured for our cup final.

Good luck for the rest of the season - Phoenix Manager
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm

must be a different Pheonix to the ones i have seen in the past..as for giving the referee grief,,,he is paid to do a job i agree but that doesnt mean that he has to accept "grief",,there is a way of approaching a referee and asking him about his decisions and giving him grief is not the right way,,,i hope the referees in your last five games doesnt give you any reason to give him "grief"
Back to top Go down
BIGBADWOLF

BIGBADWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 9:36 pm

Not heard anyone have any issues with the Phoenix lads since they were formed!? Teams usually get a "name" for themselves where in this case I don't think they have?!

Ps love the cup final comment!! Il be down to watch!! Hairy YOU coming mate?!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm

There is no need to remind me what went on in the last 10mins. I was there and saw your player go in over the top of the ball which is a straight red card also  your player then held the game up whining and bitching to the ref when the other 20odd players wanted to get on with it. There were fouls on both sides but we didnt moan like bitches.
The ref got a very good mark from us and he didnt deserve the abuse he received after the game. The game was over, what if any decisions cam he change?  You lot giving him poor after the game isnt going to make him decide to give our player a red card is it? Games over so pay the man and leave him be!
Back to top Go down
bishbosh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 10:16 pm

I reminded you because you failed to mention the actions of your captain & then slagged my club off which has a good reputation. I had a conversation with the ref after the game not once did I shout or swear at him so how is this abuse? Also considering he's one of our players uncle's I don't think I'm going to abuse him as you say. Like I said in my other post the ref has a duty of care to the players hopefully if that ever happens in a game he refs again he'll give the correct punishment because that's the only way to remove such bad actions from our game.
If your captain booted someone like that in the street he'd be punished correctly so why not on a football pitch according to the rules? Tackles will always be debated & I understand your point about tackles but you can't justify the actions of your captain...
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 10:12 am

Wow the Pheonix v Oak "Banter" stinks. After the game shake hands have a drink and move on to next week!

Surely these slanderous posts shouldn't be allowed on the forum?
Back to top Go down
BIGBADWOLF

BIGBADWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

Its called the banter thread douchebag.
Back to top Go down
Marcs

Marcs

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 10:18 am

Spinney Hill 3 Niffy res 1

An excellent grind from spinney. It was a clash at the bottom end of the table and was a must win for Spinney, who did exactly what was needed.

Last edited by Marcs on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 11:08 am

BIGBADWOLF wrote:
Its called the banter thread douchebag.

It's not banter though is it, it's two teams slagging each other off ... Pathetic
Back to top Go down
BIGBADWOLF

BIGBADWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 11:40 am

You called it banter. i called it the "banter thread". Why comment if you dont like it. go have a look a look at the "ask the ref" thread if you dont like confrontation Sleep
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 1:31 pm

BIGBADWOLF lol! such a hard case
Back to top Go down
BIGBADWOLF

BIGBADWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

At least you know afro pipe down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 22 February   Banter - Sunday 22 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 22 February
Page 1 of 1