Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter Sunday 15 January 2012

Go down 
+26
Katie G
THE MAGICIAN
MrB
spartamoshdock
Paulo
Rwhite08
BULLIT
Wayne - NRFC RTM
Hellboy
Mivan are going up
rocket ledge
Skeems
Widds
marksaddie
mbinblack
whiteeagles
Ramley_LBFC
Aussie Owl
tysmith c.n.f.c
Capello
Joey Barton
Kilworthsunday
LoneRanger38
hotshot66
Spy
Polska legend II
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 11:37 am

fire away
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Really cant see many games being on with tonights frost!
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

Spy wrote:
Really cant see many games being on with tonights frost!

same, already -2 over harborough way!

i shall get up early and pick everyone up never the less!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

Apparently leicester generally only 0 degrees tonite and getting warmer whereas it was-4 last night.
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

Well ive just walked back from the pub and its boltic... Although it was nice see'ing a team drinking like there games already been called off!
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Its defo colder than 0 its coming up -2 in my garden not looking likely theyll be many games on tommorow if any which ill be gutted about
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Kilworthsunday

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 2:31 am

-4 over my way tonight. cars frosted over since 7, defo not happening.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:10 am

Can't see any games being on, have I still got to go to the pitch to check? Think its obvious the pitches will be unplayable
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:18 am

If sun comes out could be some 11am kick offs?
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:45 am

New parks is solid- no chance
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:56 am

Western parks doubtful but we will trying our hardest to treat frozen solid areas.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Western parks doubtful but we will trying our hardest to treat frozen solid areas.

feel sorry for the lad who was tending to the goal area for you lot Very Happy thing i don't get our pitch is a stones throw away and was no diffrent to yours frost wise and we played!!!
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

feel sorry for the lad who was tending to the goal area for you lot Very Happy thing i don't get our pitch is a stones throw away and was no diffrent to yours frost wise and we played!!!

Lol we were there from 8 with brushes, a fork and 25 litre barrels getting warm water from the showers and the games still called off.
Can't say we didn't put the effort in!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:

Lol we were there from 8 with brushes, a fork and 25 litre barrels getting warm water from the showers and the games still called off.
Can't say we didn't put the effort in!!

Well done - just like the old days!
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

White Eagles 2-2 Little Bowden

Bowdeb two nil up and coasting at half time. No danger at all posed by Eagles. Then denied a stone wall penalty second half. A cracking (but speculative) 30 yarder pulled one back for the eagles and then we gave the ball up when we should have took it into the corner and got hit on the break. I don't think Eagles will disagree that we were unlucky not to win that one.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 2:14 pm

Wow, Sunday football at its most exciting.

For 85 minutes we were completely 2nd best to everything, probably the worst we had played all season until an absolutely outrageous goal from a full 35+ yards flew into the top corner which gave us the confidence to go on and grab an equaliser with 2 minutes to go and even nearly nicked a last minute winner with a goalmouth scramble.

I think their penalty shout was evened out as their 2nd goal was offside yet despite our linesman having his flag up the ref ignored him. Although, I must say that the ref was consistent throughout and had a solid game.

Bowden are better than their league position indicates and I wish them luck for the rest of the season and look forward to the return leg.
Back to top Go down
mbinblack

mbinblack

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 2:36 pm

As a Referee I would just like to thank both Blaby Vikings and Humberstone 2000 for their sportsmanship in todays cup match.
Its easy for a Referee to complain when teams don't abide by the rules but no such issues in todays game.
Good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season ....
Back to top Go down
marksaddie

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

Watched the 1st 3/4 of Blaby and Humberstone when it was still only 5.0. Good game in view of the conditions but from the word go only one team in it with the main difference being Gifford and Geary. The ref was spot on and the game played in the right spirit.
Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

after last week, was worried about fireworks, barely got a lit match. 70 mins played, very poor from us today, no energy in the centre and the christmas drinking appears to have taken its toll. Just the league now....missed three of our central midfield 'engines' for various reasons and it showed. Mistake by me in second half gifted them a goal. Dire performance. Only positives are thanks to the players for behaving and well reffed. So no fines to add to the near £500 costs from our ressies game earlier in the season against kilworth. poor day at the office
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm

one game cost you £500????
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 6:43 pm

In response to Wheeler in the results thread I will put Magna's version of this mornings events across

In short, 5 of our players refused to play the match as they said it was to dangerous, this happened in front of the whole of Star & Garter, a few Prem Sports guys and a full strength Advance squad.

This left us with 9 as we had a squad of 14, and apart from a couple it was our strongest side, but the 9 that were left then felt it was pointless to play the game and our manager with a very heavy heart decided to call the game off.

What could I do as Secretary and what could the manager do?? If your players refuse to play on safety grounds then what can you do??

I personally felt the pitch wasn't playable but that was just my personal opinion and the only opinion that mattered was the referees and he chose it fit to play.

The aftermath is that our manager is considering his future having been extremely let down, our young striker Tom Cartwright has stated his intention to quit the club after feeling let down by his team mates refusal to play.

Basically if our manager decides to quit, then that is it for Magna 73, we would fold. Skeems is an intregral part of our club and the core of the squad will not play for anyone else.

Now, was this stance taken because it was Advance Couriers?? I can not say for sure but I can not deny it if I'm honest, I have not asked any of the players if this was the case.

Personally, I am embarrassed, we apologies fully to Advance Couriers and will accept and fine and punishment the league decide to dish out to us.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

hotshots 13 - 0 friar lane

travelled over convinced the game would not go ahead, the ground was pretty hard but both teams were up for giving it a go, so was the ref.

we started well and were 5-0 up at half time, came out second half pretty slow just playing the ball around well. fair play to friar lane they gave it a go everytime they got the ball but failed to give our keeper anything to do all game.

could have been more than 13, stone wall penalty turned down, another ridiculous offside goal chalked off. hope we can continue to get the results required to hang on to the top 2.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 6:52 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
In response to Wheeler in the results thread I will put Magna's version of this mornings events across

In short, 5 of our players refused to play the match as they said it was to dangerous, this happened in front of the whole of Star & Garter, a few Prem Sports guys and a full strength Advance squad.

This left us with 9 as we had a squad of 14, and apart from a couple it was our strongest side, but the 9 that were left then felt it was pointless to play the game and our manager with a very heavy heart decided to call the game off.

What could I do as Secretary and what could the manager do?? If your players refuse to play on safety grounds then what can you do??

I personally felt the pitch wasn't playable but that was just my personal opinion and the only opinion that mattered was the referees and he chose it fit to play.

The aftermath is that our manager is considering his future having been extremely let down, our young striker Tom Cartwright has stated his intention to quit the club after feeling let down by his team mates refusal to play.

Basically if our manager decides to quit, then that is it for Magna 73, we would fold. Skeems is an intregral part of our club and the core of the squad will not play for anyone else.

Now, was this stance taken because it was Advance Couriers?? I can not say for sure but I can not deny it if I'm honest, I have not asked any of the players if this was the case.

Personally, I am embarrassed, we apologies fully to Advance Couriers and will accept and fine and punishment the league decide to dish out to us.

pitches were disgraceful today, car breakers kicked off at half 11 and thepitch was still terrible = all about both teams wanting to play,

on a lighter note = at least the bullies got beat today, justice done, bullying has no place in football, so glad you got beat x
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
one game cost you £500????

Yup, well about 470 quid....fortunately the ressies are decent lads and gonna pay it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

how on earth do you rack that up in one game?
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

Niffy A 3 - 0 Mivan

Not the usual Sunday morning for us today. We played the whole game with 9 men as one of our cars broke down in Loughborough, however after two early goals for Niffy we defended brilliantly and actually really enjoyed the match. We had chances and should of got at least one which I think is a credit to the lads that played.

R well don't Nifft and good luck, also thanks for helping us out with linesmen who were very fair and a credit to Niffy, also very well reffed.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

Dodgy wrote:
Advance ended up playing a friendly against The Star nothing wrong with our pitch magna refused to play even with 9 players changed the ref was willing to start the game and access the pitch after half hour, game finished 2 each

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well done for having the intuition to stay around for 1/2 an hour and then arrange a friendly when the pitch defrosted out, and top marks to star & g for being sportsman like and giving you a game, its very easy to just walk away and let a lot of people down, at least someone had the inclination to get a game up and running, shame on the girls that didn't want to get their toes cold.
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

Didnt Niffy A play on the opposite pitch to Couriers?
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

Quote :
Didnt Niffy A play on the opposite pitch to Couriers?

Yes, they did

Doesn't look good does it?
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 8:51 pm

Well i think we all know that Horsewell Lane tends to thaw out quite quickly because they normally play on there when we have this sort of weather.

So i'll say no for now, but its down to the league i guess.
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

Niffy A 3 V 0 Inter Mivan

Niffy Goals Jay Smith (2) & Nathan Rutter

Massive respect for Inter Mivan who gave a great performance with only 9 men, Was really impressed with Walshy for Inter Mivan who apart from Curt O'Connor for Niffy A was the best player on the pitch. Dissapointed with us today but in the hat for next round which at the end of the day is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:06 pm

Widds wrote:
after last week, was worried about fireworks, barely got a lit match. 70 mins played, very poor from us today, no energy in the centre and the christmas drinking appears to have taken its toll. Just the league now....missed three of our central midfield 'engines' for various reasons and it showed. Mistake by me in second half gifted them a goal. Dire performance. Only positives are thanks to the players for behaving and well reffed. So no fines to add to the near £500 costs from our ressies game earlier in the season against kilworth. poor day at the office
As for the game today widds as u sed very well reffed an officials, wich was not needed as showed as game was played, few handbags from last week over reacted. very scrappy game wiv not many chances, and if was league game draw would been rite result, but thanx to ur mistake will take the win to nxt round, thanx widds.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

Thats what Stuart said when I rang him up at 9 to see if it was still on.

We have been beaten 13-0 twice in the last 5 years but this is the lowest day at the club by far.
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

I take it you didnt hang about to watch Advance v Star then??
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:18 pm

No, I wasn't very popular, I wouldn't have lasted long.

About 4 of us went to the Willy Wigston for a brekkie.

Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

Spy wrote:
Well i think we all know that Horsewell Lane tends to thaw out quite quickly because they normally play on there when we have this sort of weather.

So i'll say no for now, but its down to the league i guess.

It thawed out really quickly, first 10 mins were harsh on the ankles but was ok eventually. It really cut up at the end though, was a complete mudbath by the end and was hard to play the ball on the ground, don't mean to but in just though I would let you know how it was today.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:38 pm

No no Rav, thanks for your contribution, your very qualified to judge as your impartial to this debate. Maybe it was ready at 11:30 but not 11 as league rules stipulate

i'm expecting fine and points deduction but we'll see
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

BULLIT wrote:
Widds wrote:
As for the game today widds as u sed very well reffed an officials, wich was not needed as showed as game was played, few handbags from last week over reacted. very scrappy game wiv not many chances, and if was league game draw would been rite result, but thanx to ur mistake will take the win to nxt round, thanx widds.

No worries mate!! Like i said (possibly to you if you were carrying the post after), good luck for the rest of the season, you boys didnt have your best game either but wanted it more...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Still down to the ref at the end of the day, the throops v horse game went ahead on knighton park when all others were called off. And kev, I wudnt beat urself up over it. 2 years ago polska broke what I think was our first ever fixture against a certain advance couriers. It happens, u will bounce back
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 10:55 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
No no Rav, thanks for your contribution, your very qualified to judge as your impartial to this debate. Maybe it was ready at 11:30 but not 11 as league rules stipulate

i'm expecting fine and points deduction but we'll see

Sorry mate its not Rav, its Lee the skipper lol..

To be fair i wasnt happy to start the game with the way the pitch was because its could of really hurt someone, it was probably the right decision in the end but i know if i had to call it, it wouldnt of gone ahead.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter Sunday 15 January 2012   Banter Sunday 15 January 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter Sunday 15 January 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next