Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 11 January

Go down 
+10
clarkeh
Polska legend II
CSKA17
Pete Mourinho
phil_brown
Aussie Owl
Blackie
Gordon
lingers
the owl
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 11 January Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

We are certain to have at least 4 teams into County Semi Finals, but equally certain of 4 being knocked out.

How many more will continue the Holmes Park final trail

Meanwhile how are the Division's shaping up?

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

well done to phoenix today i knew thed be dangerous.they did a good job on us and deserved their 3-1 win.good luck in the semis to josh and his lads.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

Ath blaby 3 pochin 3

Soooooo disappointed today The game itself wasn't too bad both teams had a go sum rubbish banter from blackie at the back.

We should have won comfortably today but a couple of mistakes cost us  The most annoying thing was the lad that scored the peno turned round to our lad and said that was a great tackle mate. The ref must have felt a bit red faced after that comment. Just frustrating that he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and had to guess at sum decisions. It wud be nice for a ref to appogise for his mistakes once in a while instead of making poor excuses

Anyway rant over and we'll played pochin took ure chances well

(Moderated)
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015, 2:35 pm

In each of the County Competition matches where an Alliance team was drawn to play a team from another Sunday League, the Alliance team won. Very Happy

Well done to Oadby Owls Mens, Sparta Moshdock, Huncote Sunday and Aylestone Lounge.

They are joined by Barcabullona, Phoenix United, Sileby Athletic and Medz

Also there are another couple of Alliance teams waiting upon discipline decisions before they can play their Round 4 ties
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015, 11:38 pm

lingers wrote:
Ath blaby 3 pochin 3

Soooooo disappointed today The game itself wasn't too bad both teams had a go sum rubbish banter from blackie at the back.

We should have won comfortably today but a couple of mistakes cost us  The most annoying thing was the lad that scored the peno turned round to our lad and said that was a great tackle mate. The ref must have felt a bit red faced after that comment. Just frustrating that he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and had to guess at sum decisions. It wud be nice for a ref to appogise for his mistakes once in a while instead of making poor excuses

Anyway rant over and we'll played pochin took ure chances well

(Moderated)

Still biting......

(Not moderated)
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 6:13 am

Gordon wrote:
In each of the County Competition matches where an Alliance team was drawn to play a team from another Sunday League, the Alliance team won. Very Happy

Well done to Oadby Owls Mens, Sparta Moshdock, Huncote Sunday and Aylestone Lounge.

They are joined by Barcabullona, Phoenix United, Sileby Athletic and Medz

Also there are another couple of Alliance teams waiting upon discipline decisions before they can play their Round 4 ties
Congratulations to all who have reached the semis from down under.
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 7:57 am

Ha ha ha. Y has my post been moderated. There were no names mentioned and the refs names were not on the forum. Plus it's an opinion not fact. You should be allowed an opinion on a forum
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 8:26 am

Part 2 of Aths vs Leicester KS.

Nothing much to say really, gritted out another performance, they had a man sent off in the first half - which made them a lot better and battled harder. 4-0 up at the break, let in a soft goal and they scored a quality free kick to make it a bit nervy. We scored 2 on the break to settle the tie. 6-2.

Another cup game next Sunday in the Billy Walton, we may have a back log of games coming up! Not played a League game since November!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 9:25 am

United Revolution 1-0 Leicester Constabulary

Great team performance yesterday from us, good bunch of lads at Constab. An entertaining game to watch, full of tackles and two well matched teams. The Huncote hill certainly played it part, we had most of the ball first half and created the better chances, second half we didn't see a lot of the ball but dug deep and matched everything that was thrown at us. Scored on the break after good work from Jim Markley found Ragsy who slotted home with 15 minutes to go. We welcome CFA next week in another big game.

Massive thanks to the opposition and the ref for agreeing to the minutes silence before the game. #RIPMICK
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

Cska 4-4 Blaby

Not a terrible result on paper, but having gone 4-0 up early on the 2nd half to come away with the draw is a huge disappointment. Funny game, can't pin point what changed really, but Blaby could have nicked it but for a good save from Pez. Equally at 4-4 we had a goalmouth scramble after a string of corners to snatch it again.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 2:25 pm

lingers wrote:
Ha ha ha. Y has my post been moderated. There were no names mentioned and the refs names were not on the forum. Plus it's an opinion not fact. You should be allowed an opinion on a forum

the ref in question could have seen it on here? I am sure if someone thought you had a bad game you wouldn't want it on a public forum? there are procedures to follow if you think a ref has not come up to scratch.
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm

My bet is that they still gave him a high enough mark to not have to write a report, this is why referee's don't improve because people are too lazy to write the report on them to explain to the county and leagues what is actually wrong
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

In my experience in the past this generally get you nowhere anyway. The fa just seem to brush it off because they think it's just sour grapes from that team. I'm not the sec so I cant tel you what mark he gave like I said it was just my opinion on a performance. But that opinion has since been removed so we may aswell forget it and move on ......
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 5:22 pm

Reporting an official is pointless.

We reported a referee following a game that we won earlier this season, which descended into a farce due to his ineptitude. The FA said it would be placed on record.

However, we were still appointed the same referee and yet again, he made a monumental error which this time cost us a point.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm

Inconsistency is the problem, do all teams score in the same manner, is it the view of one person or a group, is it also the same person that marks the team, is it a player that might have been effected directly by an individual decision (booking for example). Two teams in the same game can see the ref very differently its not strange to see a 60 and a 90 in the same game.

My advice is to talk to the ref's sec regarding both good and bad performances, highlight what went wrong and why, highlight what went well and how things could be improved.

Not saying that either of the examples above are this simple but don't expect he gave a penalty it wasn't a penalty or he got every major decision wrong to be greeted with constructive action

I have given feedback on at least 5 ref's so far this year, won't stop me from doing the same again next week
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm

I just can't imagin it will change a great deal talking to refs sec. He has to keep his refs happy and turning up. It's a difficult situation really for everyone. I wouldn't like to be in ref secs position it's a tough job.

As for the pen their manager came in to our changing room to appogise and said it wasn't a pen so that tells u everything. The ref was too far away from play to make the call and in my opinion he guessed. Pochin didn't even appeal for it. And I never said he got every decision wrong. He got a lot wrong for both teams.
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 8:20 pm

When officials are making monumental errors that are deciding the outcome of football matches there is a huge problem. It is still early in the season but we could potentially be five points behind Star & Garter now instead of two.

After the game, the opposition manager, plus several of his players informed the referee he had made a mistake. Our manager informed the official we had reported him once before this season due to his performance and we would be doing so again, to which he replied, 'You're just a sore loser' and walked off.

That doesn't stand up, because we reported him after winning the first game.

It's staggering that after reporting an official, he was then appointed to referee the biggest game of the season so far. That is a huge error from the committee in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:47 pm

Only one person appoints referees - not the committee. It doesn't necessarily follow that just because a referee has been reported he should not be allowed to officiate that team again, who is to say a bad performance won't be followed by a good one? When Polska were playing on Sundays I contacted the referees secretary once (in advance) to ask if we could possibly have our appointed referee at the time changed because of past issues, and on this occasion the request was deemed sensible for both club and official so it was granted based on sound and sensible reasons. Clubs have a voice and most comments are listened to and considered with open minds.

Being a ref is a tough job - no referee ever sets foot onto the field of play wanting to have a bad game or going about having one - the same as every player out there. Of course refs will make mistakes, same as players. I am not singling out Frolesworth here in any way whatsoever as they are a well run, respectable club - but - as a general point: the refs bear the brunt of the blame for results that haven't gone a particular team's way - no one seems to remonstrate with a team mate who has missed an easy chance or a defender who has made a howler which leads to a goal after a game. The dripfeed of years of Sky TV I find is often felt and seen at grass roots level these days - seemingly every tackle in some games is followed by a roar of 'studs up' when nothing of the sort has occurred, and some players want to ref the game themselves at the same time as playing in it.

I repeat - none of these comments are aimed at Frolesworth at all, I am just trying to offer a different perspective from a fellow referee's viewpoint. It is a tough job and just the same as players - referees officiate in all weathers, in sometimes horrible conditions, and try and enjoy their football whilst hopefully making correct decisions which will not always be the case. Couple this with trying to man manage up to 28 active players plus those on the sidelines - some of whom don't have deep knowledge of the laws of the game and most of whom are pumped up by the competitive nature of the game - and it is a big responsibility. Grass roots referees don't have the benefit of neutral assistants, fourth officials or goal line technology (or even foam spray!). It is a lonely job, often one man (or woman) who can potentially alienate dozens of people with one decision, but I think the standard of officiating in the Alliance - when we used to have a referee every week is - in the main, very good.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015, 5:33 am

Your post was moderated for the following reasons:

1. To avoid the ref reading it and either going to another league or handing in his whistle.
2. To avoid embarrassment for all parties if he were to be appointed to your club at some time in the future.
3. To save you the embarrassment of being charged, suspended and fined. It happens at both local and national level.
4. To save the league being fined for allowing such offensive posts to remain. The League has been fined for unacceptable posts in the past.

The Moderators are empowered to cancel or suspend the registration of any user who does not follow the regulations which are clearly set out elsewhere.

Having said all of that, thanks for using the Forum - a facility not provided by any other league in the County. Please enjoy it, but make sure your posts do not require moderation.
Back to top Go down
FEAR_FUFC

FEAR_FUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Only one person appoints referees - not the committee. It doesn't necessarily follow that just because a referee has been reported he should not be allowed to officiate that team again, who is to say a bad performance won't be followed by a good one? When Polska were playing on Sundays I contacted the referees secretary once (in advance) to ask if we could possibly have our appointed referee at the time changed because of past issues, and on this occasion the request was deemed sensible for both club and official so it was granted based on sound and sensible reasons. Clubs have a voice and most comments are listened to and considered with open minds.

Being a ref is a tough job - no referee ever sets foot onto the field of play wanting to have a bad game or going about having one - the same as every player out there. Of course refs will make mistakes, same as players. I am not singling out Frolesworth here in any way whatsoever as they are a well run, respectable club - but - as a general point: the refs bear the brunt of the blame for results that haven't gone a particular team's way - no one seems to remonstrate with a team mate who has missed an easy chance or a defender who has made a howler which leads to a goal after a game. The dripfeed of years of Sky TV I find is often felt and seen at grass roots level these days - seemingly every tackle in some games is followed by a roar of 'studs up' when nothing of the sort has occurred, and some players want to ref the game themselves at the same time as playing in it.  

I repeat - none of these comments are aimed at Frolesworth at all, I am just trying to offer a different perspective from a fellow referee's viewpoint. It is a tough job and just the same as players - referees officiate in all weathers, in sometimes horrible conditions, and try and enjoy their football whilst hopefully making correct decisions which will not always be the case. Couple this with trying to man manage up to 28 active players plus those on the sidelines - some of whom don't have deep knowledge of the laws of the game and most of whom are pumped up by the competitive nature of the game - and it is a big responsibility. Grass roots referees don't have the benefit of neutral assistants, fourth officials or goal line technology (or even foam spray!). It is a lonely job, often one man (or woman) who can potentially alienate dozens of people with one decision, but I think the standard of officiating in the Alliance - when we used to have a referee every week is - in the main, very good.

We are not saying being a referee isn't a tough job, our manager has done it before himself. But if monumental errors are being made with the game at 0-0 with just over 10 minutes remaining that has a potentially huge impact on not only the result but the title race. The game was either simply too big for him, or he is incompetent.

We missed a few half-chances, hit the woodwork (as did the opposition) but had that not been given we would've come away with a goalless draw. On this occasion, this error cost us a point and has changed the whole complexion of our season at this moment in time. It might not have a bearing on the title come the end of the season, but Star could now potentially go five points clear rather than two.

As stated previously, we reported this referee after winning our previous game which shows that he didn't bear the brunt of a bad result. On this occasion, it has cost us.

If the opposition manager and players are both saying it isn't a penalty, then it seems obvious it is the wrong decision. Referees should be open to criticism and feedback via the reporting system but after the final whistle he wouldn't talk to our manager and was quite simply very arrogant.

I'm sure neither the County FA or Alliance League want to see their competitions decided by officiating errors, it begs the question if an official is being reported after a team have won then why is he being appointed to officiate the biggest game of the season so far?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015, 1:20 pm

My comments were not based on your situation or the game in question or against your club in any way whatsoever, I was merely putting a few points across as a fellow referee. The fact is that you see it at the highest level - top class managers and highly decorated coaches always blame the referee for defeats - I am not putting you in the same bracket, but my point was that its always the referees fault! We are there to be shot at and obvious scapegoats - again - not levelling this at you or your club. If a referee has got a penalty decision wrong, even if the team that benefits admit it - he will just give it as he sees it - it doesn't really matter how many people disagree - the referee is in sole charge of the game and if he feels it is a penalty then that is paramount. It is highly unlikely that any outcome of a league title will be decided on one penalty decision over an entire league season - other points will have been dropped. I know from refereeing myself that we often get a player or two that has a few points to get across after a game - it goes with the territory. I have sometimes given penalties (or not) in all good faith based on what I believe has happened at the time - players will always disagree so you do tend to dismiss it as a biased opinion. For that reason very few refs will enter into detailed conversations because we will feel that we are on a hiding to nothing.

Again must stress that this is not aimed at you or your club or your result, just putting a few things across as to why a referee might do certain things!
Back to top Go down
SuecastleFC

SuecastleFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

Suecastle 6-1 Trinderbox

We seem to be flying through our fixtures at the minute and gladly for us we've started 2015 with a couple of important wins. The conditions weren't the best but we seemed to make light work them and created plenty of chances and came away with a well deserved victory. Had the wind not caught us out in the opening period of the game it would have been near perfect defensive showing.

The Suecastle goals came from Jack Hirst (x2), Ben Hirst, Sam Hirst, Harvey Jones and Oliver Sharman from the penalty spot.

Thanks to the Trinderbox lads and we'll see you soon for the return fixture.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015, 9:31 am

Polska legend II wrote:

Very good advice, engage with the league in the right way and your view will be considered.

Doesn't mean the league will bend over backwards for you, they won't break rules for you, but your view will be listened too.

Back to top Go down
saffs back

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015, 5:38 pm

noone ever knows what goes on with some refs, moderator said he might hand in his whistle ? surely that is a good thing if he dont know what hes doing, some refs are either cheating or not fit to referee games, i for one would really like to know what happens to some of the referees, the reason we dont find out must be that nothing happens at all and they just carry on regardless
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

There is an established procedure regarding referees performance.

Club Secretaries will know this, and they follow it

In every game the referee receives a mark from each of the competing teams out of 100. If a club marks a referee 61 or less - the Secretary is required to submit a report to the League Referees Secretary in support of that mark

All referees marks and all club reports received are forwarded to the Referees Development Officer at County FA

Club marks form part of the Referee Promotion Scheme, and also provide a merit table from which appointments for the Semi Finals and Finals of County Competitions are made

A referee who receives a number of reported comments - rather than a single report from one club in one match, will be offered advice, guidance, assessment, mentoring etc from The County FA Referee Instruction Team in an effort to enhance his future performance

In practice it is somewhat unusual (but it does happen) for both teams in a game to mark the referee such that both teams have to provide a report in respect of the same game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 11 January   Banter - Sunday 11 January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 11 January
Page 1 of 1