Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 4 December 2011

Go down 
+41
BigTimeCharlie
greeeedy
BEES KNEES
Sparta3
Pete Mourinho
NKBomber
Kilworthsunday
dk4632
Paulo
JakeHH
Duane
Stroller
Matt_Stevo
BOSSMAN
dave ash
Katie G
Skeems
BULLIT
LoneRanger38
Joey Barton
carl211
wheel1
dan_mitchell_WRFC
mthompson08
Coley21
Snash
Bucko
Potts
Joey-Gattuso
Widds
Hairy Hebrew!
Fishandchips
Rajiv14
mundial9
Sneijder10
Number1
Capello
Gordon
Hellboy
Jimmyb
Polska legend II
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 10:38 pm

By the way, had stewart walker ref us 2day 4 the first time. Have 2 say I was impressed in that he reffed with a smile on his face but u got the impression he could get serious if he needed 2. Good common sense refereeing
Back to top Go down
Kilworthsunday

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 10:38 pm

To be fair Widds, i feel sorry for the ref. He set things out early as he sent a lad for swearing and being called a cheat. But your boys wouldnt stop giving him abuse when a decision didnt go there way. I wont mention the stuff that got the game abandoned but it was dire. Shame really as speaking to them after they seemed level headed.
They played really well as well and tbh could have won it; wouldve been interesting to see if our penalty went in or not! Wouldve been an exciting couple of minutes to go!

The replay should be very close!
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Think I said something similar yesterday - can't the players split the costs? Seems scandalous u had 2 put 700 notes in!

Im in my 4th year With Sparta/LDA and none of us involved in the running of the team have ever had to put any money in other than our signing on fees and matchsubs (bar paying for kit and getting reimbursed etc)

Im not putting my hand in my pocket paying fines if someone cant keep their mouth shut - I have enough trouble paying for my own Embarassed

they can pay up or they can go find another team once they are off the ban list!

been a breeze this year mind!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 10:53 pm

Good job no one can understand polish!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 11:08 pm

Number1 wrote:
Royal oak 3-1 hotshots.

A well deserved win for the oak, going to have my normal number1 dig but can't fault them today. Pretty even first half with us having a dubious shot cleared of the line which I have been told was well over but neither Lino or ref anywhere near so no real complaints there. I think we managed three shots in the whole game which is a joke. We didn't battle compete, or win anything in the middle of the park.
They have a chap upfront called coxy I think, who will cause teams plenty of probs, but there whole team worked hard and deserved the win.
After falling 1-0 down shortly after the break they just kept the ball And didn't give us a sniff. Well against the run of play we should have scored but adjudged offside ( very dubious) to be honest though wouldn't have made a difference, on the day much better than us. We need to stop thinking we have the god given right to win games and start playing as a team, arrogance will continue and has cost us points. Oak will be in the top 3 in my opinion and on today's performance will be at the expensive of us. Good luck oak

Unlucky hotshots was a hard fought win by us today. Not the best football we'v played this season but was effective enough. Missing perhaps 4 key players today so very happy with the outcome. I really couldn't tell if the ball had crossed the line for the dubious goal line clearance so I apologize if it was. The offside was definitely offside with Two players atleast a yard off and the flag was raised immediately.
Coxy has been shocking of late but am sure ur comments would of cheered him up :-)
Good luck for the rest of the season hotshots, am just glad to get those two difficult games out the way

Special mention to Chris "the rock" haines well into his 50s now and running round like a teenager putying in a very good performance in the middle of the pitch!
Back to top Go down
NKBomber

NKBomber

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 12:08 am

Widds wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Widds wrote:
cheers bullit, good bunch of lads always trying.

Nick, u know the drill, won't be saying anything on the forum, will give our side to the league. Undoubtedly a fine on the way....one that we can't afford....

Good luck mate! never had any problems with your reserves in either games.

Cheers mate, i dont think us or our ressies have had any problems with any teams to be honest, but seem to end up getting clattered for incidents that happen every week (not saying its right they happen, but we seem to get punished more than others)

I look at it from the financial side of it, and the money isnt there to pay the fines we have received, and i am guessing, as mentioned, we will get rinsed again after today, but to be honest, the money isnt there and i personally wont be putting any more money into it....so we shall see what happens, but as far as i know, we get reported, we make the appeal, appeal is heard, we get fined, we cant pay the fine, fine increases.....ahhhhh babye now.............................

Just to clarify you were there to see your ressie players chase the ref off the pitch causing him to abandon the game for his own safety. How are these undue fines?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 7:23 am

NK Bomber, if you read my post I actually said its not right that these incidents happen, and that we seem to get clattered, as there hasn't been any judgement on yesterday you should realise I am talking past tense about punishments we have had, which are from county rather than league...

As for the sending off incident, I didn't see that, but apparently our player shouted to his own team - the only way we will lose this is is we are cheated out of it - I wasn't there so I will have to take our ressies word on that.

Last edited by Widds on Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 8:09 am

Widds wrote:
NK Bomber, if you read my post I actually said its not right that these incidents happen, and that we seem to get clattered, as there hasn't been any judgement on yesterday you should realise I am talking past tense about punishments we have had.

As for the sending off incident, I didn't see that, but apparently our player shouted to his own team - the only way we will lose this is is we are cheated out of it - I wasn't there so I will have to take our ressies word on that.

Kick em out and we'll have a bye in the Fosters cup lol!
Back to top Go down
mundial9

mundial9

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

Not sure wether to go watch white eagles vs friar lane or NPE vs hotshots next week, tough decisions. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

Niether; huncote vs magna at Huncote Sports & Social

Always a good game and plus if its cold you can stand in the bar and still see the pitch Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:11 am

AFC Syston 3 - 6 LDA Spartans

Nick Granger 4
Stu Pratt
Arran Antrobus

The game finally kicked off around 11 o'clock. First of all, the referee wasn't happy about playing on the same field as horses that were not tied down. Then, after finding a different pitch to play on, the opposition decided they no longer fancied it (only having 8 players might have had somethnig to do with it).

Anyway, to the game, we scored two very early goals, both from long throws, Nick Granger applying the finishing touch to both. Already it was pretty clear that they were never going to get into the game. They managed to find an 11th man by around the 10 minute mark, which improved the game a little but they were far too disorganised. Their 'keeper was terrible but you could tell that he was just someone they had dragged down to help out and we actually felt a bit sorry for him.

They pulled it back to 2-1 with a very good goal out of nowhere, Callum who used to play for Sparta Parva firsts scored it.

Our third came shortly afterwards. Full debutee Arran Antrobus did very well to beat 2 men in the box, only to be hacked down for a clear penalty. Nick Granger completed his hat-trick by converting. Stu Pratt scored the fourth just before half time, doing well to beat a couple of players before finding the net.

We scored the fist goal of the second half to go 5-1 up, with Nick Granger getting his 4th from another long Darren Canham throw-in.

They pulled one back from a long clearance (and a good finish, to be fair) before Arran restored the 4-goal lead, completing a good team move at the back post.

Serdar Erez produces the howler of the day, letting the ball trickle through his legs from 45 yards for 6-3.

All in all, a decent perforamce and some good football was played.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:29 am

mundial9 wrote:
Not sure wether to go watch white eagles vs friar lane or NPE vs hotshots next week, tough decisions. What do you think?

Depends if you want to see a scrap or not.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

Sparta3 wrote:
AFC Syston 3 - 6 LDA Spartans

Nick Granger 4
Stu Pratt
Arran Antrobus

The game finally kicked off around 11 o'clock. First of all, the referee wasn't happy about playing on the same field as horses that were not tied down. Then, after finding a different pitch to play on, the opposition decided they no longer fancied it (only having 8 players might have had somethnig to do with it).

Anyway, to the game, we scored two very early goals, both from long throws, Nick Granger applying the finishing touch to both. Already it was pretty clear that they were never going to get into the game. They managed to find an 11th man by around the 10 minute mark, which improved the game a little but they were far too disorganised. Their 'keeper was terrible but you could tell that he was just someone they had dragged down to help out and we actually felt a bit sorry for him.

They pulled it back to 2-1 with a very good goal out of nowhere, Callum who used to play for Sparta Parva firsts scored it.

Our third came shortly afterwards. Full debutee Arran Antrobus did very well to beat 2 men in the box, only to be hacked down for a clear penalty. Nick Granger completed his hat-trick by converting. Stu Pratt scored the fourth just before half time, doing well to beat a couple of players before finding the net.

We scored the fist goal of the second half to go 5-1 up, with Nick Granger getting his 4th from another long Darren Canham throw-in.

They pulled one back from a long clearance (and a good finish, to be fair) before Arran restored the 4-goal lead, completing a good team move at the back post.

Serdar Erez produces the howler of the day, letting the ball trickle through his legs from 45 yards for 6-3.

All in all, a decent perforamce and some good football was played.

quality! deflected shot in off a horse = indirect free kick!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

You may laugh, but the referee said that one of the horses was a bit "frisky" when they tried to shoo him off of the pitch. We didn't see that horse so much as blink the whole 45 mins that we were stood waiting for a decision.

Birstall played on the pitch next to ours, apparently, and one of the horses was stood next to the goal by the end of the game. maybe he got a bit "frisky" and fancied a ride on the keeper!

To be fair the the referee, he was very flexible in trying to get the game played and tried his best to be diplomatic about the whole thing.

Apologies to the gilrls team who should have kicked off at 12.30 on the pitch that we used, too...
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

Stroller wrote:
Widds wrote:
NK Bomber, if you read my post I actually said its not right that these incidents happen, and that we seem to get clattered, as there hasn't been any judgement on yesterday you should realise I am talking past tense about punishments we have had.

Kick em out and we'll have a bye in the Fosters cup lol!

Haha nice.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

why has my post been deleted someone asked and i answered if the person in question does what he did yesterday they deserve to be named n shamed on here!!! absolute disgrace what happened! although the actual players were goood lads and were very apologetic got no issue with the players!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

Sparta3 wrote:
You may laugh, but the referee said that one of the horses was a bit "frisky" when they tried to shoo him off of the pitch. We didn't see that horse so much as blink the whole 45 mins that we were stood waiting for a decision.

Birstall played on the pitch next to ours, apparently, and one of the horses was stood next to the goal by the end of the game. maybe he got a bit "frisky" and fancied a ride on the keeper!

To be fair the the referee, he was very flexible in trying to get the game played and tried his best to be diplomatic about the whole thing.

Apologies to the gilrls team who should have kicked off at 12.30 on the pitch that we used, too...

brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

Quote :
great ref today, worth a mention for sure. Why is there that great big step into the showers? It gave me a headache just to look at it

God knows, the showers were built yonks ago, sounds like those showers troubled you more than our strikers did, and I enjoyed the elecant one handed catch towards the end of the match!!

See you next week where we hope to test you a little more!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:11 am

little Lee'll have to bring his absailing gear, to get down that step.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Lee doesn't shower after games!!!

Probably scared that he will put to shame by the others
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

In amongst the highs and lows of yesterday, i forgot to mention our ref, not sure if the DME players can give his name, but he had a really good style about him, gave a bit of banter back, listened to the players and then seemed to either take it on board or tell us to sod off....led to a game with good but fair challenges and he didnt look to throw cards around. Top work that man!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Ya way too late to go on his xmas list pal. Basketball drunken
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

i heard we have a full compliment of refs these days and have a few spares each week which is a good reflection of the work Stewart is doing.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

Quote :
i heard we have a full compliment of refs these days and have a few spares each week which is a good reflection of the work Stewart is doing.

Karl Robinson was appointed by the County Razz
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 1:20 pm

i meant more the numerical pool we have as opposed to individual refs
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

Yup league does a good job to be fair....sorted us out with pitch fees after Aylestone Lounge didnt make it to a game, Stewarts getting a top job done, James has been diamond with the fixtures....top work Alliance....
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 5:59 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Duane he didnt do to bad...he obviously hides his drunkness better than others in my team lol!

Like Kez's ten stitches...lol,..what a wally eh..!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 6:56 pm

Widds wrote:
Yup league does a good job to be fair....sorted us out with pitch fees after Aylestone Lounge didnt make it to a game, Stewarts getting a top job done, James has been diamond with the fixtures....top work Alliance....

and as for those press officers they are mint Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt_Stevo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :
great ref today, worth a mention for sure. Why is there that great big step into the showers? It gave me a headache just to look at it

God knows, the showers were built yonks ago, sounds like those showers troubled you more than our strikers did, and I enjoyed the elecant one handed catch towards the end of the match!!

See you next week where we hope to test you a little more!

I was wasted so I liked the lack of action. More to come next week, just working on a new headband
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 7:51 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Widds wrote:

and as for those press officers they are mint Laughing

I was going to set up a seperate post to congratulate you and Kev....but now you have saved me the bother Razz
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

i can still delete my message... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mundial9

mundial9

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 9:50 pm

A lot of people always ask me why I don't go to watch higher league games, but I think there is a lot more passion in division 5&6.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

Don't know, I think all divisions display this equally to be honest. U only get a few teams full of prima donas and they can be in any division
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:18 pm

Yeah agree their Mr Polska....we had a blip and it was a question of if the lads wanted to turn things round or just give up on the season after losing in two cups and a draw and loss in the league all inside 4 or 5 weeks, they decided they wanted to win something and this weekend just gone put in a hell of a shift that was full of passion....i think you may get more blood n thunder in lower divisions as players try to make up for having less tekkers than those in the prem?? Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

possibly, i think teams at the lower end are more 'honest' - generally you find a lot of their players have stuck together year in year out
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:08 am

Its all about the pashun
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

mundial9 wrote:
A lot of people always ask me why I don't go to watch higher league games, but I think there is a lot more passion in division 5&6.

Thats cuz they've just spent an hour queueing up at lidl, for their after match treat, a smart price tin of fish food.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:38 pm

aldi beats lidl every time
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

yeah got to say im not overly keen on the 2p can of baked beans from lidl
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

not value for money at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 4 December 2011   Banter - 4 December 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 4 December 2011
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next