Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!

Go down 
+4
Polska legend II
Skeems
LoneRanger38
Widds
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Empty
PostSubject: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:08 pm

Fines - people seem to think that you should be able to bend the rules if its for a team that everyone has sympathy for....surely you have to have hard n fast rules otherwise the League would then be accused of favouritism?

Constitution...should teams be bumped up two divsions straight into the prem? To me, div 2,1 and the prem are different class to the rest of the league (i mean a significant improvement), and someone winning div 2 shouldnt go into the prem?

What would you change about the Alliance League to improve things? How would your idea improve it?

Not sure if this thread will take off, but whilst its close season, i guess it can go off at a tangent....

Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:26 pm

I think that now there are so many divisions and alliance is becoming so popular i wonder how teams and the league would feel about a guarunteed 3 go up from in each division,but the teams who finish 1st and 2nd guaruntee to go up and as most teams have the odd point in it now do what the barclays prem,championship etc do and have a play of between 3rd 4th 5th and 6th place to get that guarunteed 3rd spot..who knows it may stop a few teams from
Folding who feel they have nothing to play for as they can come 6th but still be in with a chance to go up..for example div 4 this season was do tight between 1st and 6th with the idd goal and points between them all with 3rd-6th place all around the same standard...just think maybe give more for teams to play for and more twists and drama..what you think?
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:26 pm

Right Widds, I would like to comment.

Last season the top half of Div 3 was stronger than the bottom half of the Prem, I think certainly Hoskins, Star & Garter and possibly Trinderbox, Foxes and Kauto Star when they were around could easily hold there own in the Prem. The bottom half of Div 1 is weak - Niffy, Hurricanes, Accies, Horse and maybe Frolesworth should all be at least Div 3. They are a victim of circumstance where good teams rise to the Prem, Fold then resume in Div 3 or 4 and these teams in Div 1 never seem to get relegated for that reason and there stuck.

On the first point, Rules are Rules, every club understands those rules when they join the league and just because they are not as good as some other teams makes no difference whatsoever

My ultimate dream for the Alliance would be a large Premier Division - I hate the fact it only has 9 or 10 due to 'fear' of teams folding. Yes Scrappy and Advance dominate but it would be competitive if it was larger and I think the Prem can accomodate 14 easily
Advance, Scrappy, Prem, Bullies, GT, Magna 73, Glenny, Moshdock, Perrin, Kirby Muxloe, Star & Garter, FC Hoskins, Sunbury Utd & Throops. That would be an awesome and very competitve Premier and all 14 clubs are stable clubs and in my opinion very unlikely to fold.

Thats it Widds
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:37 pm

Its an interesting idea to have play offs, i think the only problem would be inclement weather which would affect the finish date for the season further, although the play offs could be done on independant grounds such as Aylestone Park.

Kev - i think you have a point with the teams for the prem, i saw Star and Garter twice and they were a class outfit, could definitely take points off Advance, Scrappy, Prem and Bullies....?

Agree with you on the rules too, whilst everyone has sympathy to Hood Park, just because they are likeable doesnt give them the right to operate outside the rules....no offence meant to them...
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:43 pm

Ok so we could have some bad weather but im sure if the idea was passed around majority of teams would be up for it just think of some of the twists and drama at end of season if a 6th place team overcame the odds and knocked the above teams to up would make it bit more exciting
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:35 pm

I have always supported the idea of a bigger prem. Speaking from experience, if you have an improving side that win Div 1 or get promoted, you need to be very, very lucky with players if you want to hold your own. We had a strong squad in our first season in the Prem but in the second, once a few injuries kicked in, we couldn't compete, and as soon as we began getting hammered the players left. Then when we started to try and recruit some quality that summer, we had no chance. We were on the verge of signing 3 top class players but 2 went to Prem Sports and the other Advance. The problem for 'genuine' sides is that once they get out of their depth in the Prem, there is nowhere for them to go. With only 10 teams, if you haven't got the players you'll lose most weeks, because chances are you'll come up against Scrappy, Advance, Prem Sports etc. Then your club runs the risk of folding. More teams in the Prem would mean more chances of winning games as there'd be more teams around at your level
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:37 pm

Like the idea of play offs, but doubt it would work if we had a big fixture backlog as you wouldn't get the games in. Also, if a team that finsihed between 4th and 6th in Div One 'won' a play off final, very much doubt they'd want to go in the Prem
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:47 pm

Could always do plays off for div 3-6
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:47 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I have always supported the idea of a bigger prem. Speaking from experience, if you have an improving side that win Div 1 or get promoted, you need to be very, very lucky with players if you want to hold your own. We had a strong squad in our first season in the Prem but in the second, once a few injuries kicked in, we couldn't compete, and as soon as we began getting hammered the players left. Then when we started to try and recruit some quality that summer, we had no chance. We were on the verge of signing 3 top class players but 2 went to Prem Sports and the other Advance. The problem for 'genuine' sides is that once they get out of their depth in the Prem, there is nowhere for them to go. With only 10 teams, if you haven't got the players you'll lose most weeks, because chances are you'll come up against Scrappy, Advance, Prem Sports etc. Then your club runs the risk of folding. More teams in the Prem would mean more chances of winning games as there'd be more teams around at your level

that's not a bad point actually, i just thought more teams then more folds but i guess if you have a chance of mid table rather than just finishing at the bottom then its more to play. For. Still tough to keep people interested if they know they have no chance of challenging anywhere
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:48 pm

not the worst idea in the world
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:48 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
Could always do plays off for div 3-6

that's got some mileage in it to be fair
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 4:57 pm

im down for a bigger prem too ... all the sides u mentioned kev would be able to compete in my opinion come on the league sort this out bout time we had a bigger prem
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 5:00 pm

Play off's wouldn't work for me. From experience there's not a great amount of team's out there that would want to go play a league higher after finishing 6th. They'd have a better chance of winning the lower league the next season and that would be that.

On another note, nobody wants to play in the prem and no one wants to pay subscription fees. So why don't the league offer free (or heavily reduced) subscription fees for Premier division teams. It could be done in a way where you would pay the full amount, and on completion of the season the money is refunded. This would stop many teams joining for the sake of 'we'll see how it is for 3 games, we can just fold' etc.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 5:21 pm

That's a cracking idea about the prem. With finances a big issue it May be the way forward
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 5:28 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Play off's wouldn't work for me. From experience there's not a great amount of team's out there that would want to go play a league higher after finishing 6th. They'd have a better chance of winning the lower league the next season and that would be that.

On another note, nobody wants to play in the prem and no one wants to pay subscription fees. So why don't the league offer free (or heavily reduced) subscription fees for Premier division teams. It could be done in a way where you would pay the full amount, and on completion of the season the money is refunded. This would stop many teams joining for the sake of 'we'll see how it is for 3 games, we can just fold' etc.

i dont understand why tho u cant tell me every player in the alliance doesn't want to better themselves or their team or even just think well we got a few decent players lets have a butchers at the big guns see how good we are (which is exactly what we did) and apart from a lacklustre start we did quite well and finished 4th in the end.
i guess all im trying to say is why are folks afraid? it makes no sense to me. look at moshdock now in the prem after promotion through all the leagues im sure they are relishing the chance to be playing the likes of scrappy, advance, and prem sports not thinking oh bloody hell we're in the prem we gonna get smashed and fold if u can see where im coming from
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 8:39 pm

greeeedy wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:

i dont understand why tho u cant tell me every player in the alliance doesn't want to better themselves or their team or even just think well we got a few decent players lets have a butchers at the big guns see how good we are (which is exactly what we did) and apart from a lacklustre start we did quite well and finished 4th in the end.
i guess all im trying to say is why are folks afraid? it makes no sense to me. look at moshdock now in the prem after promotion through all the leagues im sure they are relishing the chance to be playing the likes of scrappy, advance, and prem sports not thinking oh bloody hell we're in the prem we gonna get smashed and fold if u can see where im coming from

hate everyone saying about the fear factor of the prem its a load of nonsense as i think bullies and gt have definitely proved and to an extent us!! bullies finished 4th in 1st season, gt beat advance and scrappy, we beat gt,bullies,prem and ran scrappy and advance close in games!!! people just need to give it a go, when i said on here we were folding everyone thought it was because we couldnt hack it when that was as far away from the truth as you could get. main difference between advance,scrappy and prem is their ability to keep their good players and not have them tapped up like the rest of the prem division sides have to put up with and their ability to field the same side week in week out.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 8:40 pm

they will look forward to it I'm sure and will hold their own having seen them play. the big test comes when they lose players and can't replace like for like quality (assuming they can't!) that's when you find out the bottle of your players. they'll be buzzing winning divisions each year but it will test them to the max if or when they start losing heavily. and your side were always going to be equipped to do ok in the prem with the firepower you have. but if you lost, say, your 4 best players and couldn't replace them with similar quality, do you think it would have a knock on effect?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:05 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
they will look forward to it I'm sure and will hold their own having seen them play. the big test comes when they lose players and can't replace like for like quality (assuming they can't!) that's when you find out the bottle of your players. they'll be buzzing winning divisions each year but it will test them to the max if or when they start losing heavily. and your side were always going to be equipped to do ok in the prem with the firepower you have. but if you lost, say, your 4 best players and couldn't replace them with similar quality, do you think it would have a knock on effect?

its a very good point.. i cant speak for everyone on this matter but i suppose it would have an effect on us but not enough for us to fold or should i say we wouldnt fold just because we were getting beat every week. on the other hand though i also think that a few players/teams probably would wrap given this scenario like u say thats when the other players need to be counted and show their bottle. i personally would try as ive got sheer love for the game and believe u should always try to play to the best of your ability and the best (ability wise) of the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:08 pm

agreed, but unfortunately not everyone is of the same mould these days.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:11 pm

dezza wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:

hate everyone saying about the fear factor of the prem its a load of nonsense as i think bullies and gt have definitely proved and to an extent us!! bullies finished 4th in 1st season, gt beat advance and scrappy, we beat gt,bullies,prem and ran scrappy and advance close in games!!! people just need to give it a go, when i said on here we were folding everyone thought it was because we couldnt hack it when that was as far away from the truth as you could get. main difference between advance,scrappy and prem is their ability to keep their good players and not have them tapped up like the rest of the prem division sides have to put up with and their ability to field the same side week in week out.

i agree with all that dezza mate just like urselves won the prem in lsl last year probably heard the alliance had a better standard of prem and thought f*ck it we'll give that a go then not frit of the thought but looking forward to it. u boys lost a few of ur players through injury and what not but ur regular players stood up and still carried on till the season finished and i think fair play thats just what id do
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:13 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
agreed, but unfortunately not everyone is of the same mould these days.

sporting highcross more or less did that this season or similar but carried on till the end so id like to think theres a few more like this also Wink
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 10:15 pm

I'd like to see the Prem a little bigger, the problem could well be for the likes of Advance, Scrappy and Prem and for any other team if you want to have good cup runs its hard to fit all the fixtures in, especially if you enter the FA cup like I believe we are again this year, I understand some people will say great more chance for other teams to win something but it has to be fair for all clubs

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!   Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Alliance Footie Banter....no particular topic!
Page 1 of 1