Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Sticking to the topic!!!!

Go down 
+5
Sparta3
Polska legend II
Skeems
Widds
Hellboy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Sticking to the topic!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 11:58 am

Sticking to the topic!!

Am I alone in finding it really annoying, that as a discussion digresses from the original point, and your in a full flown discussion, that the moderators (not their fault - they are only doing their jobs I know ) delete a post you spent typing up, just because one of the rules is to make sure you stick to the original topic? It happens sometimes that a thread veers off its destination, but well, I don't know, it's sometimes hard to hold a long thred in its rails. If there are a lot of people who are a bit fed up with being restricted in what you can talk about in certain topics, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the moderators to ease up on how strict they are when it comes to discussions (naturally I think) deviating from the original topic. However if I'm the only one who finds this annoying, let's just leave it as it is.

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:03 pm

I think its difficult to keep things on track all the time....so i have an idea....hang on a mo........
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 12:13 pm

I have been a moderator since about October and I can honestly say I have never deleted a post other than my own when I have had 2nd thoughts on a post

I do think that on occasions its a bit over strict but not all the time because there are certain posts that get read that are out of order and are offensive that clearly break alliance rules but for example the deletion of Hellboys turd post on Friday was a scandal!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:40 pm

the worst threads are when 2 people spend post after post insulting each other which obviously veer right off topic. the majority don't really want to read through pages of this stuff as it becomes boring and on many occasions not really that amusing either
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:47 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
the worst threads are when 2 people spend post after post insulting each other which obviously veer right off topic. the majority don't really want to read through pages of this stuff as it becomes boring and on many occasions not really that amusing either
What he said.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:54 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

agreed - i shall do my best not to respond to comments as i am sure its dull for all
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 1:56 pm

to be fair your comments weren't the ones I had in mind - you do seem to have to defend yourself all the time! Anyone would think Man In Black didn't like you!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 2:01 pm

Surely not! I like clive. Even called him to apologise after the spat between him and our club. That would be upsetting if he disliked us!

And yeah i do respond when certain prats make comments, to amuse myself really, but must be dull for others. Lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 2:03 pm

my apologies Widds, I actually meant Whistle Blower!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 2:17 pm

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

agreed - i shall do my best not to respond to comments as i am sure its dull for all

easy tiger. I love you
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 4:47 pm

Just had a thought, with Widds taking over the press officer role he will become a moderator!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 4:57 pm

Not a chance lol!!! I dont think they would let me loose with that kind of power....there would be anarchy!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 8:36 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
selective post deletion strikes again...a bit one sided, not as if you can take sides and delete one lot of offensive(?) posts or anything...oh, hang on, you do...

oh the power...THE POWER!

just for the record, I'm not a moderator. was merely pointing out you and Widds have a bit of 'banter' on here and that comments suggest you are not his or NRIs biggest fan.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:55 pm

i never have, contrary to some players comments, hated a team, picked on a team, or had it in for a team,,,every game is taken cold and any earlier events forgotten,,its a game and life is too short to bear grudges,,there realy wasnt a spat between me and wids team,,it was the comments from one individual dealt with by the relative procedure,,,,,,widds did apologise, and if i ever get the pleasure of officiating his team again there would be no bias and they would get as every team get a fair performance,,,sometime harsh i agree but fair,,,,,,

oi how the hell did i get dragged into this post ,,,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:58 pm

Cheers Clive, much appreciated.

It was that Polska fiend dragging you in!!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 9:59 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 7:05 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
selective post deletion strikes again...a bit one sided, not as if you can take sides and delete one lot of offensive(?) posts or anything...oh, hang on, you do...

oh the power...THE POWER!

just for the record, I'm not a moderator. was merely pointing out you and Widds have a bit of 'banter' on here and that comments suggest you are not his or NRIs biggest fan.
So why is your username the same colour as [ Moderator ] on the who's online list then...?

#rumbled
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:24 am

no idea, but like I say I am no moderator and if I have the power I certainly don't know how to use it and never have.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 10:25 am

And its in the moderators section?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 10:45 am

Widds wrote:
Not a chance lol!!! I dont think they would let me loose with that kind of power....there would be anarchy!!!!!!!

Well realisticly no one should be moderating a forum like this at that level, if you have anything to do with a team, you shouldn't be moderating, nor should refs, etc etc, only people in a higher trustworthy position should be allowed to do it, otherwise it gets very biased, no disrespect to anyone, but they should be totally independant to the forum members.

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 10:48 am

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

Well realisticly no one should be moderating a forum like this at that level, if you have anything to do with a team, you shouldn't be moderating, nor should refs, etc etc, only people in a higher trustworthy position should be allowed to do it, otherwise it gets very biased, no disrespect to anyone, but they should be totally independant to the forum members.

I think it's possible to be associated with a club and be unbiased at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 10:51 am

Sparta3 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

I think it's possible to be associated with a club and be unbiased at the same time.

No way , you,ve already shown a lot of bias on here, spouting utter rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 11:21 am

Hellboy wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

No way , you,ve already shown a lot of bias on here, spouting utter rubbish.
I do love rubbish. examples?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 12:02 pm

To be fair i have seen first hand people be unbiased in committee meetings. But personally, i would look out for my club first and foremost. Which is why i didn't get involved in discussions about NRI.

Sparta, i think its nearly impossible to stop pothunters if they really want to do it. As you say, they could sign the superstars on the morning of the first game. Its not right, but the league can only judge based on facts. Not rumours unfortunately. There Will be someone who ruins it for the rest this season.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 12:15 pm

With the amount of new teams this season there is guaranteed to be one unfortunately, I voiced my concerns about certain clubs at the committee meeting but lets see.

I agree with Widds, there is simply nothing you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 12:30 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
I do love rubbish. examples?

Anything you've ever written on here asking for people to be banned, cuz they're not meeting your requirements, mr nobody, you can come off topic all you like, but dont tell others to stick to it.

people need to take their own advice.

The next person that writes stick to the topic, ought to be suspended, its killing peoples conversations.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 1:14 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
With the amount of new teams this season there is guaranteed to be one unfortunately, I voiced my concerns about certain clubs at the committee meeting but lets see.

The other important thing is that some teams were labelled pothunters this year but won nothing...so you can go the other way and overkill.

The only option is to do something retrospectively, but then when do you decide if a team is pothunting or not...plus, it takes a bold person to throw someone out of their division....

Important to remember as well, there is a difference between pothunting and developing your team...i think last year people moaned at Trinderbox, but from what i heard, they just developed their team and brought good players in....wouldnt we all do the same??
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 1:35 pm

Widds wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

The other important thing is that some teams were labelled pothunters this year but won nothing...so you can go the other way and overkill.

The only option is to do something retrospectively, but then when do you decide if a team is pothunting or not...plus, it takes a bold person to throw someone out of their division....

Important to remember as well, there is a difference between pothunting and developing your team...i think last year people moaned at Trinderbox, but from what i heard, they just developed their team and brought good players in....wouldnt we all do the same??

Can you change that sexual "come to bed ladies" avatar
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 1:50 pm

Widds wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

It begs the question if you would be as lenient if you hadn't pot hunted your way to a league and cup double...
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 2:09 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Anything you've ever written on here asking for people to be banned, cuz they're not meeting your requirements, mr nobody, you can come off topic all you like, but dont tell others to stick to it.

The next person that writes stick to the topic, ought to be suspended, its killing peoples conversations.
Sleep

Widds wrote:

Trinderbox brought in almost a complete new side. To be fair to them, they asked to be placed higher but the league didn't do it. (allegedly)

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

This was the sort of thing I was interested in. Are there any new clubs that the league simply doesn't know anything about? Are there many on the committee who are "in the know"?

It seems to have been accepted that having so many new teams will cause problems, yet there has been no [obvious] restriction on the number of new teams considered. It might have been better to put a cap on the number of teams and cherry picking the most reliable applications. The also-rans could be invited to try again next year when they've proved themselves in another league.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 4:10 pm

There are pieces of information that the league committee are made aware of, but any information generally needs to have some kind of proof, chat on the forum is generally unreliable at best!!.

Obviously i would say the league make educated guesses if they see familiar names, but thats obviously still a lot of guess work as some of these names may not bring the expected players, and then you place them too high.

The other problem is that teams genuinely dont know what level they should be in, when we went to the league interview (although the players we intended to sign on were different to those we ended up with) we asked for division 5, mainly because i had asked around (including on this forum) to find out how the LSL (my background) compared with the Alliance league. The league looked at the team and suggested we would be ok in division 4, which we had no problem with....but some times even the teams dont know where they should really be placed....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 5:53 pm

Try this on the interview application, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a team put in to division 6,

this is just a basic run down of physical (body language) gestures and verbal cues that may indicate someone is being untruthful,
physical expressions will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements,
hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space,
the person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact,
timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words,
an example: if my wife says "I love it!" when receiving a gift from me, and then smiles after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made, she's lying, gestures and expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when she says I love you,
a liar is uncomfortable facing the questioner and may turn their head or body away,
a liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you,
a liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Do you think you should be put into div 1?” The liar answers, “No, i do think we are good enough for div 1” yow can to tell if someone is lying based on the movements of their eyes.

Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 7:56 pm

the reason polska legend may be same colour as mods is because he can access the site and change league tables and results,,
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:46 pm

true. just didn't realise I had mod powers! (which I have never used!)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 12:09 pm

bah humbug!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 4:33 pm

im blue star material now helly am i a part of the elite now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 4:46 pm

Congrats greedy! You must be so proud lol
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:34 pm

Jim royle wrote:
Congrats greedy! You must be so proud lol

lol can u tell. saddo i know but i just cant help meself i HAVE to come here for some unknown reason. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 28 May 2011, 12:37 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Sleep

The goon that has to write stick to the.......ZZZZZZZZZ must have the least imagination on this planet, if you cant think of anything other than that to respond, then simply dooooont bother, if its to taxing for your head, to even be able to think up a sentence in reply, then you might as well go sit in the corner with ya dunces hat on mate, its boring me even to have to reply to a complete boring bore, such as yourself. Do a Charlie Brooker!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticking to the topic!!!!   Sticking to the topic!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sticking to the topic!!!!
Page 1 of 1