Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 17 April

Go down 
+17
saff lounge
Hellboy
Paulo
NiffyA
mowmacre fc
WILKSY
browny15lfc
Snash
greeeedy
Tomassi
gattuso
sean callaghan
THE MAGICIAN
spartano1
Widds
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Gordon
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 17 April Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 9:08 am

Tell the forum followers how it was for you today
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm

Npe 2-1 Wigston Rangers
Very unlucky today, was a good game played in the right spirit, there has been a lot of negativity about the way NPE play, but on today's evidence I can say that its unfair, with the exception of one, they were a good bunch of lads who played decent football. They rode their luck a little today, we could quite easily have come away with 3 points, well played to them though, no doubt we will be seeing you next season.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

First half we were at our best since season started, everyone was bang on it. 5-1 at half time. Now at the pub hoping for good scran
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:13 pm

niffy reserves 1-3 sparta parva

dale clarke 2
nathan rutter

good win today for us after the collapse friday
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:26 pm

Was a pleasure to watch the SEXY football we played first half, absolute JOY to watch and some well taken goals. Up the NRI. P.s. Thanks Gazza and Sparta, great result that.
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

lol thats 3 pints widds and denty owe me now malc
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

True to my word Gaz. Will sort them out. Now same again Sunday!
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

Widds wrote:

widds how come you not brought me one after that result we gifted you today i thought a beer at least and was the grub alright i see you had 3rd s
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

Widds wrote:

sunday??? easter we aint got game have we?? i need to check our fixtures and we got bakers in midweek so cud be hard for us
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:56 pm

enjoyed abit of banter with some of the desford lads...except 1 mardy guy lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 2:57 pm

Sean it was seconds! I missed thirds after spilling one of our lads pints - not last time i Will spill something on a Sunday. I sorted the money out with your boss for letting us win lol.

Yeah Gaz you have Wednesday game against bakers. Good luck, we Will be watching!
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:00 pm

Gaz think you got Phoenix at home next Sunday

Good game with Saff Lounge today. They deserved there win but we did give it a good go at times. Gonna be close between them and Oadby for the league
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

Widds wrote:
Sean it was seconds! I missed thirds after spilling one of our lads pints - not last time i Will spill something on a Sunday. I sorted the money out with your boss for letting us win lol.

Yeah Gaz you have Wednesday game against bakers. Good luck, we Will be watching!

you nearly missed 1st mate sat in the other garden we wernt going to tell you but i stood up and said NO !! widds needs food food i said lol !! was a poor game of football on our behalf too many of it did not want it as much as you lads who really wanted the win can see you go on now easily to take it with no danger really well done !!!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:09 pm

just seen and we have bakers arms this weds which defo wont happen need it moved to friday

Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

[quote="spartano1"]just seen and we have bakers arms this weds which defo wont happen need it moved to friday

hope bekers dont say now can not do it friday this is where teams start getting docked stupid points for not playing mid week games some one has to and give and as we know some recieve its just who gives (can bakers do the friday we have a game now too niffy at 10.30 on the friday)
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

10.30 on the friday, i will ring bakers see what they say
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

bullies 7 - 4 glenny

really enjoyable game today. we drew names out the hat for positions and was a good nobble. funny game to watch too. ebony got 5 dan martin 1 and meself 1 (peno). went 2-0 up then with bout 10 mins till ht we gave away 3 goals in bout 5 mins. 3-2 down at ht. second half made 2 changes ebony being 1 of them and he scored in about 3 mins after kickoff then glenny got another 3 mins later and was 4-3 up. ebony then got his second and made it 4-4 then went on to bag another 3 as the game went. decent result considering. game played in the right spirits and the glenny lads are a really sound bunch.
have to mention the ref aswell after alot of slating had brian morrell and he really is top drawer a real asset to the alliance
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:04 pm

HPR 0-6 Kilworth.

Well done Kilworth for wrapping up Div 6 today. Probably the best footballing side in the division.

HPR only 10 men again but we battled to the end. Didn't help that we conceded 3 penalties and were lucky not to concede a 4th. All for handball!

Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:32 pm

I would have had a header from 2 inches before you tipped that one away lol barstard... Ps, I hope you keep a certain person for next year!! Quality keeper in second half!!
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:38 pm

browny15lfc wrote:
I would have had a header from 2 inches before you tipped that one away lol barstard... Ps, I hope you keep a certain person for next year!! Quality keeper in second half!!

Not guilty m'lud. That was Paul Gordan.

Anyway, didn't you bang in the 2nd today?

Yes Keeper was excellent, even though had had been dubbed 'The Sloth'.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:41 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Npe 2-1 Wigston Rangers
Very unlucky today, was a good game played in the right spirit, there has been a lot of negativity about the way NPE play, but on today's evidence I can say that its unfair, with the exception of one, they were a good bunch of lads who played decent football. They rode their luck a little today, we could quite easily have come away with 3 points, well played to them though, no doubt we will be seeing you next season.

great result for us today, u did have us panicking for awhile but just managed to scrape the vital winner. A great performance from waito in goal who kept a few out and put enough pressure on by getting of his line quick. also shawrey cleared 1 of the line and made a cracking tackle on u dan. nice to see no bookings again Wink
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:42 pm

I posted a while ago but don't know where it went lol.

I said that hpr are a credit to the league for not giving up despite being 5 down at the time. Second half was full of commitment and last ditch tackles. Most teams would have given up but you got stronger.

Try to continue next season!!
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 7:46 pm

Snash wrote:
browny15lfc wrote:

Not guilty m'lud. That was Paul Gordan.

Anyway, didn't you bang in the 2nd today?

Yes Keeper was excellent, even though had had been dubbed 'The Sloth'.

Yeah I got that one and only volleyed it so hard because that little defender had only just stopped holding my hand.. I had to hit it quick, before the little bugger appeared from nowhere and nicked it lol. Ala 2nd half.. ( skinned left ankle from kicking his studs)
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 8:37 pm

just like to say thanks to humbo rangers for very weird game today humbo have some cracking lads and made us work hard for the 3points 3-0 up at half time and then with 10 mins to go humbo got back into game with 3-2 and as i was in goal thought humbo was going to get leveller . took a nasty kick on the head today from humbo lad slid on ball and he left his foot him got SIZE OFF A GOLF BALL LUMP ON MY HEAD but other than that top lads and even callaghans and stu can back to our pub for beer and grub top top lads as game was at there place so looks like hoskins have some new signings hehe
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 8:38 pm

oh and score was 4-2 not 3
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2011, 11:19 pm

well done Kilworth on the win today and winning the league. fully deserved based on the results and form throughout the season!!!

Also thanks Kibworth on almost securing us 2nd placed by beating Hotshots, we could however lose out to NPE if results go seriously wrong!!

Oh and on the ressies - heard bad attitude was a downfall for us today, that and the ***. he who we do not speak of and cannot blame.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 10:15 am

Magna 2 -2 Phoenix

Harvey Webb and Luke Smith

1st half phoenix played their first team whilst we were out the hat, took a 1-0 lead into HT, but think draw was fair result in the end. Looks like we will finish 5th or 6th, disappointing considering our start really, but another competitive league, thanks to Mark Lever who reffed it in the spirit of a final game for us!

Maybe next season.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:40 am

NiffyA wrote:
well done Kilworth on the win today and winning the league. fully deserved based on the results and form throughout the season!!!

Also thanks Kibworth on almost securing us 2nd placed by beating Hotshots, we could however lose out to NPE if results go seriously wrong!!

Oh and on the ressies - heard bad attitude was a downfall for us today, that and the ***. he who we do not speak of and cannot blame.

Your ressies were like that against us in both games, they were arguing amongst themselves and I have heard from other teams that they wind each other up, its odd really as they are a good team and could have won the league (I think its out of reach for them now) I enjoyed the craic with their forwards too, so its strange that they keep falling out.

As for the *** - I think the rule is you can talk about him, but don’t say it three times while looking into a mirror!!!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 11:49 am

Widds wrote:
NiffyA wrote:

Your ressies were like that against us in both games, they were arguing amongst themselves and I have heard from other teams that they wind each other up, its odd really as they are a good team and could have won the league (I think its out of reach for them now) I enjoyed the craic with their forwards too, so its strange that they keep falling out.

As for the *** - I think the rule is you can talk about him, but don’t say it three times while looking into a mirror!!!! ;-)

Yeah they are a good team, but the arguing and bickering has lost them too many points this season, so you're right it all looks out of reach, probably hoping for 3rd place now.

I'll remember that next time I'm looking in the mirror and shouting obscenities about previous ***'s!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:04 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Widds wrote:
NiffyA wrote:

Yeah they are a good team, but the arguing and bickering has lost them too many points this season, so you're right it all looks out of reach, probably hoping for 3rd place now.

I'll remember that next time I'm looking in the mirror and shouting obscenities about previous ***'s!! hahaha
Clive. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:06 pm

joke
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

Hellboy wrote:
joke
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

I think your reserves Will get second, with us playing bakers there is a big chance of a slip by one of the two teams. But obviously that puts first place out of reach. Two promotions out of three teams is good work tho!
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 12:46 pm

Tomassi wrote:

Good game with Saff Lounge today. They deserved there win but we did give it a good go at times. Gonna be close between them and Oadby for the league

cant agrree totally with that as if mdh win all 4 of their games and we get at least a draw against oadby (which is a possibility going on our game last week) then mdh will win the league, i think oadby are favourites as we have to play the other 3 best teams in the division in 5 days, so it will be very difficult for us, saying that we will try our best to win all of those games but if we dont beat MDH on friday we are out of it

Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 1:13 pm

saff lounge wrote:
Tomassi wrote:

cant agrree totally with that as if mdh win all 4 of their games and we get at least a draw against oadby (which is a possibility going on our game last week) then mdh will win the league, i think oadby are favourites as we have to play the other 3 best teams in the division in 5 days, so it will be very difficult for us, saying that we will try our best to win all of those games but if we dont beat MDH on friday we are out of it

Not quite, if we do get the 3 points against you Friday but you beat Oadby the following week a draw between us and Oadby last game of the season will let you take the title! (thats assuming none of us drop points anywhere else which is possible!) Agree Oadby are still in pole position but any of us can still take the title, going to be a very good finish to what has been a very close season, if we lose though we are out of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 1:16 pm

Widds wrote:
I think your reserves Will get second, with us playing bakers there is a big chance of a slip by one of the two teams. But obviously that puts first place out of reach. Two promotions out of three teams is good work tho!

Yeah if they make it to 2nd - theres some tough games still to go but you're right - if either you or bakers take 6 pts then it seels the title?

We still need a point though to guarantee 2nd.

Any ideas on how many teams are promted from each division?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

NiffyA wrote:

At least two.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 1:39 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Widds wrote:

Yeah if they make it to 2nd - theres some tough games still to go but you're right - if either you or bakers take 6 pts then it seels the title?

We play bakers twice, assuming other results go as you would expect, we can afford to draw both against bakers or even win one and lose one, bakers can't afford to lose to us. So hopefully can make the most of that pressure?
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 2:11 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
saff lounge wrote:
Tomassi wrote:

Not quite, if we do get the 3 points against you Friday but you beat Oadby the following week a draw between us and Oadby last game of the season will let you take the title! (thats assuming none of us drop points anywhere else which is possible!) Agree Oadby are still in pole position but any of us can still take the title, going to be a very good finish to what has been a very close season, if we lose though we are out of it!

no oadby would still win it on goal difference unless theres a big turn around there
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 2:27 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Widds wrote:

3 would be nice Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 17 April   Banter for Sunday 17 April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 17 April
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next