Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April

Go down 
+20
Polingtons
MonkeyBoy
g72
Paul Daniels
LINEKER
King Kong
man in black
Widds
THE MAGICIAN
Hairy Hebrew!
leon
bulwellian
the goalie
The Plough
Hellboy
dezza
Mivan are going up
scottyh
Polska legend II
Gordon
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeFri 05 Apr 2013, 10:36 am

D6 v D5 in the Stokes Cup Final - then both get back to League action on Sunday

Last edited by Gordon on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 9:30 am

sun is out, pitch has been rolled, will barely take a stud, fantastic day for football
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

another gd win for the lks lads 5-0 at home 2 global another gd set of lads they r goals from
simmy jules x 2
ray hawksley x2
jack williams should have been few more but clean sheet and 5 goals is ok for us on with the next
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

Royal oak 4 mivan 0

If the league title wasnt over before this game it deffo is now. Oak looked a completely different squad (bar a few) to that I saw on Friday night which is a testament to their squad. Game was dry tight first half and we missed an absalute sitter mid way through the half. Second half started the same but a defensive lapse let Chris Love in and there was only going to be one outcome. Our heads dropped after that and we never looked like getting back in the game. A few lads dropping out in the morning hurt us. To top it off we missed a peno late on too.

The game was played in really old spirit and somehow there were 4 yellows but It wasn't that sort of game at all. We have 3 games left now and its all about finishing as high as possible. We remain gracious in defeat and wish Oak all the best or the season.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 3:02 pm

Polska 5 Trinity 1

We were garbage first half, and clearly still a bit hungover from our cup final defeat. Trinity scored first on 39 minutes, and it took us until Savo's 67th minute headed equaliser to score. Then an injured Luka begged to come on to give us a boost, and duly scored and created a goal to change the game. Then we away with the game and won 5-1. Credit to Trinity, who, with a bare 11, worked their socks off and never stopped
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 4:50 pm

FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

Beautiful day for football today!

2 sides both missing a couple of regulars but we still managed to get a decent side out! Boma pulled the string for us in midfield today and Rikki kept on getting in behind nri's back four and they were the main differences today I felt! We gave a stupid goal away today and I've never heard people blame a bobbly pitch as much as our lads did today! Also got to say widds was sensational upfront in the 2nd half and had their beat chances, making our keeper make one particularly good save!!

Good set of lads at nri! Wish them all the best for rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 5:34 pm

dezza wrote:
FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

2 sides both missing a couple of regulars but we still managed to get a decent side out! Boma pulled the string for us in midfield today and Rikki kept on getting in behind nri's back four and they were the main differences today I felt! We gave a stupid goal away today and I've never heard people blame a bobbly pitch as much as our lads did today! Also got to say widds was sensational upfront in the 2nd half and had their beat chances, making our keeper make one particularly good save!!

This is definitely a conspiracy ploy, my god this smells more rotten than a 10yr old duck egg, this is pothunting gone absolutely OTT.....2 teams in it together at one time, come on alliance this needs sorting faster than a tourist with delli belly, i bet he's still in the pub now, polishing off a pukka and a pint..... No

are people sure theres no money being exchanged????????????????????:/)
Back to top Go down
The Plough

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

CSKA Sporting 2-1 The Plough Wigston

We had a couple of players missing today, and it showed in the first half, we just didn't get going. Second half after was a lot better and we pulled a goal back with a pen, but the thing that ruined the game was the CSKA linesman who in the last minute flagged our lad offside, after he scored a cracking header, even though he had ran round the defender. Never mind I hope sporting go up as they think they are a lot better than what they are, and are not out to have a laugh at all apart from their captain. A draw would of been a fair result here as the sporting strikers had a few chances they should of scored, but the second half goal keeper for the plough was outstanding and even scored the pen Wink
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 5:44 pm

any no why superfly v fairfeild game was postponed?
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

The Plough wrote:
CSKA Sporting 2-1 The Plough Wigston

We had a couple of players missing today, and it showed in the first half, we just didn't get going. Second half after was a lot better and we pulled a goal back with a pen, but the thing that ruined the game was the CSKA linesman who in the last minute flagged our lad offside, after he scored a cracking header, even though he had ran round the defender. Never mind I hope sporting go up as they think they are a lot better than what they are, and are not out to have a laugh at all apart from their captain. A draw would of been a fair result here as the sporting strikers had a few chances they should of scored, but the second half goal keeper for the plough was outstanding and even scored the pen Wink

Oh dear obviously not bantertastic, they only have a couple of good players the rest are average.
Looking forward to the evening game at Willow very soon!!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 6:15 pm

the goalie wrote:

Yes - Superfly did not have an available pitch
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 6:31 pm

Gordon wrote:
the goalie wrote:

Yes - Superfly did not have an available pitch

thanks gordon
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 6:42 pm

went up to harborough leisure centre this morning hoping for a few games to watch, turns out there was only 1 game on, hotshots vs carnabys.

decent game, both teams looked dangerous, carnabys trying to long ball over the top with limited success, hotshots playing the ball around well but not taking their chances.

credit on hotshots 4th goal too, incredible finish.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

Afc Royal Oak 4-0 Inter Mivan

Scorers
Chris Love (3)
Jay Oliver

Turned up today fearing the worst with our walking wounded having to call upon some of the old guard! Captain Chris Montoto was ruled out with a nasty injury still suffering from game vs Fairfield! Also Simon Herbert spent Yesterday afternoon In the Royal and was also ruled out! Several other players had to drop out for various reasons.
With the team we had to choose from a formation change was needed and a few players playing in positions they weren't Completely confident in.
The game got underway on a pitch that had seen better days! No grass and very bobbly which didn't help the game! First half was quite even with the Oak settling and getting comfortable with new formation and tactics! The loss of Chris Dexter after 20 meant another adjustment! Dexter started the game well and was winning everything in the air so was a big loss!
Second half we upped Our game slightly to try and add some urgency to play! Lovey managed to bag two finishes before calmly putting away a penalty. Jay Oliver then rounded off a very good performance by him by adding a fourth.

Puts the disappointment of losing Fridays game behind us and now need to concentrate on the league. Was a massive win for us with the players we had out and need to carry this momentum into the next game!

Big thanks to Inter Mivan for a good nobble and good luck for rest of ur season. Am sure you will push on and finish strongly.

Also I thought the ref today, Olly Mackey was top class today! Tried to let the play go as much as possible and was a nice change

Last edited by Hairy Hebrew! on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 6:58 pm

dezza wrote:
FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

Missing a couple, lol. I wish, We went into the game with half our regulars waking up in Liverpool. Was missing Earl Murray, Dave Ilnicki, Cris Cooper, Chris Eames, Daryl Savage, Mitch Lock, Leon Coleman, Andy Veasey, Mark ilnicki, Stu Wheeler, James Morris, Plus Myself.

Got the news we have picked up yet another injury to another key player which led to Tyrone having to go in goal as we never had any subs and Widds filling in up front. Was always going to be tough missing that many but at least we played.

One more game ticked off in what I can only describe has a horrendous season.

Congratulations on winning the league Azzurri, tough league this year so to win this means you have a quality side. Hopefully see you in a Cup next year and give you a decent game and gain a bit of revenge from giving us two tonkings.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

dezza wrote:
FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

cheers mate, had some good banter with your boys when i donned the white outfield shirt! Had been joking to malc about playing up front and didn't expect it to happen!

With four at the grand national and the boss, plus one lad deciding last night to retire unfortunately due to hamstring and back injuries, was a tough effort getting a team out, but we did, and the lads battled hard, in the circumstances we did ok. Time to just enjoy the end of the season, have some fun and hopefully put a run together to finish top half of the table.

Azzuri and Thurmaston to battle it out for the league. Depends how much Thurmaston want it, otherwise Will be over within 3 more matches i reckon
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

where did you watch game from leon was you the bloke with the dog Very Happy
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

man in black wrote:

from the side of the pitch
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

viccy park next week leon if you bored =,,come over and say hi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 7:40 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
dezza wrote:
FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

Missing a couple, lol. I wish, We went into the game with half our regulars waking up in Liverpool. Was missing Earl Murray, Dave Ilnicki, Cris Cooper, Chris Eames, Daryl Savage, Mitch Lock, Leon Coleman, Andy Veasey, Mark ilnicki, Stu Wheeler, James Morris, Plus Myself.

Got the news we have picked up yet another injury to another key player which led to Tyrone having to go in goal as we never had any subs and Widds filling in up front. Was always going to be tough missing that many but at least we played.

One more game ticked off in what I can only describe has a horrendous season.

Congratulations on winning the league Azzurri, tough league this year so to win this means you have a quality side. Hopefully see you in a Cup next year and give you a decent game and gain a bit of revenge from giving us two tonkings.

Ok so maybe you had a few more missing than us then haha yeah you've had some shocking luck this season with injuries etc no doubt in my mind that you will be back stronger next season
Back to top Go down
King Kong

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

Glenfield vs car breakers

All the lads at Glenny were very bitter this morning having a game called off on the morning of the match for the 4th time this season especially when it was just blatantly the fact the car breakers were under strength and dint wanna take a defeat so another midweek game think the league needs to look at these things and take tougher action not fair on teams who do there best to scrape make shift sides together and play with 10 like we have done this season to fulfil fixtures and take a pasting like we have done against car breakers and prem this season then for both of those teams in the reverse fixture just to call the game off on the morning cause there under strength with those 6 points we could be in 5 th place of the prem and its wrong the lads were talking of boycotting the rearranged fixture against car breakers in protest
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 8:12 am

CPR 2-0 Wigston

Really poor game, neither team got going really. Our pitch is just dry mud now allowing for some horrible bobbles and touches!

Ben Spavins with both goals, could have been more than 2, Wigston keeper had a decent game.

Not looking forward to these midweek games, massively understrength team coming out, shame as we were in a good position but we all know plenty of players who cant do midweeks unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:15 am

King Kong wrote:
Glenfield vs car breakers

All the lads at Glenny were very bitter this morning having a game called off on the morning of the match for the 4th time this season especially when it was just blatantly the fact the car breakers were under strength and dint wanna take a defeat so another midweek game think the league needs to look at these things and take tougher action not fair on teams who do there best to scrape make shift sides together and play with 10 like we have done this season to fulfil fixtures and take a pasting like we have done against car breakers and prem this season then for both of those teams in the reverse fixture just to call the game off on the morning cause there under strength with those 6 points we could be in 5 th place of the prem and its wrong the lads were talking of boycotting the rearranged fixture against car breakers in protest

That is one of the longest sentences I've ever read. It tired myself out reading it. Chuck a few commas and full stops in please.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 9:17 am

Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
FC AZZURRI 5 v 1 nri

cheers mate, had some good banter with your boys when i donned the white outfield shirt! Had been joking to malc about playing up front and didn't expect it to happen!

With four at the grand national and the boss, plus one lad deciding last night to retire unfortunately due to hamstring and back injuries, was a tough effort getting a team out, but we did, and the lads battled hard, in the circumstances we did ok. Time to just enjoy the end of the season, have some fun and hopefully put a run together to finish top half of the table.

Azzuri and Thurmaston to battle it out for the league. Depends how much Thurmaston want it, otherwise Will be over within 3 more matches i reckon

Hey Widds what about us? Surely we are still in the mix? Good result yesterday against Enderby and an equally as impressive point against Niffy the week before.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:17 am

I didn't see your result bud, i Will assume a glorious win by 2 or 3 goals?

I hope you don't go up, despite the game being insipid when we met, you are a sound bunch, i quite like the idea of a friendly division 1!

Ps Dezza, you boys are friendly lads but just a bit too good for us lot! So off you go!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:24 am

Widds wrote:

I hope you don't go up, despite the game being insipid when we met, you are a sound bunch, i quite like the idea of a friendly division 1! Ps Dezza, you boys are friendly lads but just a bit too good for us lot! So off you go!

I hear the thurmaston game nearly had to be abandoned, does anyone know if theres any truth in it? i heard the foxes had to brave things out, it doesn't sound like a friendly division with this kind of speculation.

Can anyone throw any light on what happened?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

leon wrote:
man in black wrote:

Which side? i wonder if you'd go and watch if you had to pay (then you'd have a right to moan about things), nope didn't think so, so dont go on and on moaning about the refs you crazy fool. Become one yourself if you think you can do any better, at least some people give it a go, which is hard enough without having fools like you coming on Embarassed here barking at them.

Last edited by Hellboy on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 11:02 am

Widds wrote:

I hope you don't go up, despite the game being insipid when we met, you are a sound bunch, i quite like the idea of a friendly division 1!

Ps Dezza, you boys are friendly lads but just a bit too good for us lot! So off you go!

Well, we lost 5-0. We're not very good to be honest.
Back to top Go down
leon

leon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm

Hellboy wrote:
leon wrote:
man in black wrote:

Which side? i wonder if you'd go and watch if you had to pay (then you'd have a right to moan about things), nope didn't think so, so dont go on and on moaning about the refs you crazy fool. Become one yourself if you think you can do any better, at least some people give it a go, which is hard enough without having fools like you coming on Embarassed here barking at them.

i wouldn't mind paying a couple of quid to watch Sunday morning football if it was for a good cause actually. maybe some people should not "give it a go" if it means players potentially getting injured. refs are there to keep things safe aswell as referee the game.

if that's the standard i might get my labrador to "give it a go" so he can pay for his own dinner
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

Fair do's, the alliance are not going to provide einsteins for £25, the same as a lot of the players are not very good quality too, some ya win-some ya lose.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

I hope you don't go up, despite the game being insipid when we met, you are a sound bunch, i quite like the idea of a friendly division 1! Ps Dezza, you boys are friendly lads but just a bit too good for us lot! So off you go!

I hear the thurmaston game nearly had to be abandoned, does anyone know if theres any truth in it? i heard the foxes had to brave things out, it doesn't sound like a friendly division with this kind of speculation.

now hoskins have gone, just Thurmaston to go up and the other teams are all about the football
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Widds wrote:

Well, we lost 5-0. We're not very good to be honest.

oh you are bob
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm

White Eagles 3 - 2 Dukla

A game of 2 halfs!!

Eagles 3 up at half time, dukla keeper spilling an easy free kick into the path of an eagles player, 2nd goal very poor marking by dukla allowing eagles midfield to storm through and a great shot into the top corner, 3rd was again comedy defending allowing eagles front man time to read a book, have a cuppa b4 drilling a fierce shot into the bottom corner! 2nd half eagles probably thought they were in for a huge score but dukla re-grouped and brought some urgency into play, the half was even but this time eagles couldn't find a way past the dukla keeper and dukla grew and managed a goal midway through the half, dukla kept pressing and 4 mins from time grabbed a 2nd, 2 more chances came which saw a worldy from eagles keeper stooping a top corner bound equaliser and with virtually the last kick with the goal open the dukla forward couldn't keep a high hard ball down.. Comedy moment came with 1 minute to go when eagles brought on a sub and when the ref asked for his name, he stood blankley and didn't know who he was lol, mmmmmm! I think a player not knowing who he is when coming on isn't a very good sign is it! It did make us all laugh though and left the eagles players in dis-belief Smile
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

Webby's Wanderers 0-1 Horse (Scott Riley)

I have to mention this for 2 reasons.

1) We (Horse) had bare bones team again so I had to go in goal. It was our only clean sheet of the season, and our regular 'keeper is rightly gutted that I got it!

2) To be honest, it was terrible! 1-0 just isn't a Sunday league scoreline. Don't think in my 15 years of it I've never been involved in one. It's all about 6-4, 5-3, 10-2, etc, etc.

It was a rubbish game to watch (I say watch as I didn't have much to do - I've never had to take more goal kicks in my life!). Horsewell Lane has gone from waterlogged to surface of the moon in about 2 weeks. A piece of quality from our striker settled it - goal-kick from me, flick on from Tuxford, one bounce and half volley over the 'keeper and in off the crossbar. Pure Arsenal circa 1991, Seaman/Smith/Wright combo!

Webby's are a great bunch of lads though, sort of game I play Sunday mornings for. Good competitive game, no agro. Well reffed by Brian Morrell, agree/disagree with his decisions, he always offers an explanation, and lays down the laws fairly for both teams. Good banter as well.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 4:58 pm

Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

now hoskins have gone, just Thurmaston to go up and the other teams are all about the football

2 sides 2 every story widds, foxes aint no angels, i hear it was someone on the sidelines none of the players
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm

g72 wrote:
White Eagles 3 - 2 Dukla

A game of 2 halfs!!

Eagles 3 up at half time, dukla keeper spilling an easy free kick into the path of an eagles player, 2nd goal very poor marking by dukla allowing eagles midfield to storm through and a great shot into the top corner, 3rd was again comedy defending allowing eagles front man time to read a book, have a cuppa b4 drilling a fierce shot into the bottom corner! 2nd half eagles probably thought they were in for a huge score but dukla re-grouped and brought some urgency into play, the half was even but this time eagles couldn't find a way past the dukla keeper and dukla grew and managed a goal midway through the half, dukla kept pressing and 4 mins from time grabbed a 2nd, 2 more chances came which saw a worldy from eagles keeper stooping a top corner bound equaliser and with virtually the last kick with the goal open the dukla forward couldn't keep a high hard ball down.. Comedy moment came with 1 minute to go when eagles brought on a sub and when the ref asked for his name, he stood blankley and didn't know who he was lol, mmmmmm! I think a player not knowing who he is when coming on isn't a very good sign is it! It did make us all laugh though and left the eagles players in dis-belief Smile

Hope the league will be looking into that matter then. clearly not signed on
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

2 sides 2 every story widds, foxes aint no angels, i hear it was someone on the sidelines none of the players

fair enough mate, hold my hands up if i was wrong on that score. Sounds serious tho
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

Think it was more down 2 he wouldnt leave the side of the pitch, y it mite have been, but the lads r on best behaviour because of the cup final and a chance of winning the league, letting the football do the talking
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 7:19 pm

g72 wrote:
White Eagles 3 - 2 Dukla

A game of 2 halfs!!

Hmm.. I would say more a game of 75 minutes and 15 minutes!

First half we were rampant and I think perhaps some of your lads thought it would be the walkover that it was a couple of weeks back when we were missing 5/6 key players. Harry Davies grabbed an early brace in his last match for us before he heads off to Kenya for the remainder of his gap year and will be a major loss for us in the middle of the park. I genuinely can't remember having to make a save for the first 75/80 minutes and in the 2nd half we just slowed the tempo of the game down and were unlucky not to score as your keeper pulled out some decent saves... I think I lost count of the number of set pieces we had in the second half in dangerous positions but didn't make them count!

Both of your goals were extremely scrappy, the first was pinball from a corner and a lucky bounce, the second, again from a corner with the ball going through about 6/7 of our players! In all honesty, it was the only way you were going to score against us as our two centre backs had your strikers in their back pockets all game.

As for the substitute mix-up, our secretary gave the name of Bojan Starcevic as substitute to the referee... Dejan Starcevic (his brother) then comes on, tells the ref his name and the mix-up was soon realised. In no way is he a ringer as he has played for us all season. So to 'TheSpecialOne' aka Aylestone Athletic's manager, there's nothing to investigate as no ringer was played, or are you worried that we might overtake you in the coming weeks and are hoping for a points deduction now we've hit form again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April   Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Friday 5 April and Sunday 7 April
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next