Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 15 March

Go down 
+15
Barca
the owl
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
Spy
SAFC_Pothunter
Big man
Pukka2013
FriarLaneFC1
Peterpan1
man in black
spartamoshdock
King_Emile_WRFC
Huncote#9
Gordon
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 15 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

Tell the tale - but in a constructive manner, which doesn't require moderating

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huncote#9

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 12:33 pm

Huncote 3-0 Wigston Rangers.

0-0 at half time. Stubborn defending from Wigston frustrated us until a fine solo goal put us 1-0 up.

Carried piling on the pressure and were rewarded with two more goals for what was a relatively comfortable win, in the end.

Seemed like Wigston were maybe missing one or two lads but battled hard and a decent set of lads.
Back to top Go down
King_Emile_WRFC

King_Emile_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

Huncote 3
Wigston Rangers 0

Battled really hard today and didn't disgrace ourselves against arguably the best team we have played this season. The quality difference was stark at times but we tried to stay organised, two of their midfielders ran the game and the movement up front caused us constant issues. Their first goal was excellent, the other two were more avoidable but inevitable with the pressure we were under at times.
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 3:33 pm

Well done barcabullona who beat us 2-1 aet with ten men!! We had our chances but they nicked it at the death.
Word about the venue-no hospitality whatsoever from friar lane,cost us£72 add to that 4 match balls lost £60 due to inadequate damaged netting a very costly day!
Good luck barcabullona in your 1st trip to Holmes park.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:00 pm

Sparta Moshdock 0-2 S&G

A very tough game against an excellent S&G side who keep the ball well. But we put in a lot of effort and worked hard and probably deserved something from the first half. Their class showed with 2 good goals.

A good game played in the right way against a good bunch of lads - and well reffed as ever by Martin Dexter.

But just to follow up on the owl's comments above...we had to pay £67 today and god knows how much on petrol money for all our lads (and so did S&G - a fellow Wigston based team) to travel out to Queniborough. Fair play to Pukka Pies who looked after us, but it's not exactly the ground with the best facilities! And to pay £67 for doing well and getting to a semi-final is something we think needs seriously looking at by the league.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

some valid points there. what I would say is that knowing how teams like the occasion of a semi final played on neutral grounds, I know that options at this time of the season are very limited due to many senior grounds simply being unavailable. therefore i think we are forced to look around at the less obvious venues. Personally I don't think we would want to go down the County Cup route and have the first named team host the game at their ground. Or do we...?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:47 pm

No I'm not saying that. The neutral venue is the right thing. But there must be other choices? If the hosting team only find out midweek it tells me that it isn't organised or thought about much earlier?

My main grievance is with the cost to clubs when they reach the semi. It should feel special and you should be rewarded for success - but actually it ends up costing way more than a normal home game for the honour? Surely that isn't right? And even down to little details like having to provide a match ball.

We just feel you shouldn't have to pay for the success of reaching a cup semi-final.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm

When I say shouldn't have to pay, I don't mean completely free...just not silly costs like £67!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm

im not involved in trying to arrange the grounds, but as I say I know they are like gold dust at this time of season!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm

Which is fine...I don't agree with it but if that's a case then ok.

As I said, the cost is the issue!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:

ref 30 two assistants 22 each = £74 divided by two teams is 37 so you paying 30 each for ground...so money is all for host club
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm

I fully understand what the costs are thanks.

The issue is why should the two clubs involved have to pay the pitch fee? I'm definitely not saying the host club should pay it, but I feel this is something the league should consider covering.
Back to top Go down
Peterpan1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm

Subject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March Today at 3:33 pm
Well done barcabullona who beat us 2-1 aet with ten men!! We had our chances but they nicked it at the death.
Word about the venue-no hospitality whatsoever from friar lane,cost us£72 add to that 4 match balls lost £60 due to inadequate damaged netting a very costly day!

You ever thought of not kicking the ball over 40 foot net
Back to top Go down
FriarLaneFC1

FriarLaneFC1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:38 pm

the owl wrote:

I was there at the game and it was a good game to watch, as for no hospitality what did you except tea and coffee and sausage sandwiches provided. We were there to have the changing rooms open and you got yourselfs a game today. Which we didn't because we had to host the game. (For an ungrateful team).

The cost not exactly down to us but the league we also had this two weeks ago but we were happy to pay because it's the success of the team not the leagues fault. Yeah they can cut back on a few cost here and there.

Now then for the loss of balls, I like how you are blaming us even though it was your team who ballooned two ball over before the game had even started so maybe practice keeping them down and for the rest I counted three that you lost two before the game and one over the side into someone's house. Another did go over then came back two mins later that nearly knocked one of our lads out. Also not one of your team asked us to have a look for these balls which we would of happily done for you.

Well done to both teams as the game was brilliant for the neutral. Good luck to barcabullona in the final and to both teams for the rest of the season.

Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:52 pm

did a semi final at Barrow Town today and they provided coffee and soft drinks. I think if a club is hosting a semi then there should be at least half time drinks for teams and officials, and maybe tea and coffee for others
Back to top Go down
Pukka2013

Pukka2013

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

Friar lane you have took the same words out my mouth about our game cancelled to so we could host. And the cost we paid the same two weeks ago.our ground man put the goals up marked the pitch out got there for 9am put the hot showers on and a cleaner witch the away dressings room was a right mess with eaten oranges skins left over the floor bottles left round the pitch.The game was good tho spartamoshdock was unlucky got beet by two good worked goals.star&garter num 7 ran the show today Jimmy was his name.spartamoshdock big num 4 up top ran his socks of today but just did not get the service.
Good luck to both teams for rest of the season .
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

Not blaming friar lane for us losing the balls!!! Saying it was a costly loss but you must admit there ain't a lot to stop this happening barcabullona lost balls too.
We tried to retrieve the balls but couldn't get into the allotments
Hospitality wise our supporters went to the swimming baths to get hot drinks and barcabullonas fetched drinks from macdonalds.
Back to top Go down
FriarLaneFC1

FriarLaneFC1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 7:26 pm

man in black wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

ref 30 two assistants 22 each = £74  divided by two teams is 37  so you paying 30 each for ground...so money is all for host club

We as a team will not see any of this money as it goes to the team that owns the ground we unfortunately don't so it goes towards Friar lane and Epworth FC. So today we have got nothing from the game yet we still had to host the game.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

Agreed it is also not fair on a host club...can't play themselves and have to sort it all out.

For once there is an advantage in us playing at Horsewell Lane!
Back to top Go down
Peterpan1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

Why not go to the club house which opened at 11:30? Unlucky losing the balls I'm sure the frair lane lads will enjoy some new balls

Sports direct have an offer on
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

Yeah I'm sure they will lol we are looking for matchball sponsors for next season if you are interested
Back to top Go down
Big man

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm

you expect tea and coffee for Sunday league football? WOW if you wanted tea and coffee you should of taken a flask its Sunday football not senior league football
Back to top Go down
Peterpan1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 8:13 pm

I only sponsor teams that are good and get into finals....
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 3:55 am

To the best of my knowledge Friar lane and Epworth play in the Midland Football League. It is only because of the host club that we were able to obtain use of that ground. Try getting a Senior League ground and it will be a non-starter. Even if it were possible, the cost would be well over £100.

Would your club have provided tea/coffee for both teams and refs? If you had a netting fence, would you have repaired any damage. Is your ground even fenced off?

How would your club feel if criticism was publicly made after making the effort.

All feedback is always good but please be constructive and sensitive. The league introduced some costs being shared in earlier rounds and persuaded the County to do likewise. ... and that was the result of feedback.

The conclusion could be to play semis on the ground of the first named club like the County. Good enough for County, good enough for the Alliance??? I do not think so in this case.
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 7:11 am

Aussie Owl wrote:
To the best of my knowledge Friar lane and Epworth play in the Midland Football League. It is only because of the host club that we were able to obtain use of that ground. Try getting a Senior League ground and it will be a non-starter. Even if it were possible, the cost would be well over £100.

Would your club have provided tea/coffee for both teams and refs? If you had a netting fence, would you have repaired any damage. Is your ground even fenced off?

How would your club feel if criticism was publicly made after making the effort.

All feedback is always good but please be constructive and sensitive. The league introduced some costs being shared in earlier rounds and persuaded the County to do likewise. ... and that was the result of feedback.

The conclusion could be to play semis on the ground of the first named club like the County. Good enough for County, good enough for the Alliance??? I do not think so in this case.

Friar Lane play in the senior league, run down old ground though! Neutral grounds for semis always used to work well in the Charnwood league, if teams want the privilege of playing with two linesmen and a neutral ground they should be prepared to pay the larger price. I would certainly rather pay extra than get robbed by a poor Sunday league linesman. As for the league chipping in to help pay for semi final teams be realistic, if you are that bothered about the cost you should have lost in the quarters
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 7:32 am

SAFC_Pothunter wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

Friar Lane play in the senior league, run down old ground though! Neutral grounds for semis always used to work well in the Charnwood league, if teams want the privilege of playing with two linesmen and a neutral ground they should be prepared to pay the larger price. I would certainly rather pay extra than get robbed by a poor Sunday league linesman. As for the league chipping in to help pay for semi final teams be realistic, if you are that bothered about the cost you should have lost in the quarters

My point is that you have earned the right to play in the semi-final and therefore it should not be seen as a privilege but a reward. But, as I said earlier, the cost of the officials is something the teams could cover, it is the cost of the pitch that should not be the teams job to pay in my opinion. You shouldn't have to be paying more than you would for a normal home game because you have been successful and earned the right to play in a semi-final.
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 7:51 am

Howcome our results get later and later?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 8:57 am

I personally think that if you said to most teams at the start of a season...would you be prepared to pay, say, £5 a player for the prestige of playing in a semi final most would snap your hands off! Semi finals are hard to come by, and I don't think the costs associated are disproportionate, although I accept not all clubs would agree
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 9:02 am

Spy wrote:
Howcome our results get later and later?
We apologise for the delay in putting the results on the website - a little technical difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 9:05 am

Although 2 clubs in particular still fail to send in any results or scorers every single week and if it wasn't for the opposition we wouldn't know how their games ended up.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

Aussie Owl wrote:

this is my ninth semi as an alliance manager played previously all over the county,never felt the need to have a whinge before.we are bottom of the ladder in grassroots football so no our facilities do not allow us to provide any hospitality to opponents or supporters.
if you cant have your say whats the point in the forum ?
Back to top Go down
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 10:12 am

Well played Mowmacre, good side and had plenty of chances to beat us but our keeper was outstanding yesterday. Also very gracious in defeat and the game was played in a good spirit despite an early red card and several yellows. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

In terms of the other issue we thought as a club it was a bit expensive at £72 for a semi. I'm in agreement with Moshdock in that we obviously have to play the officials which is fine and subs on the day can cover this but to reach a semi is an achievement in whatever cup you play in and I would have thought the league could budget for this.

An improvement however from playing our county cup semi on Knighton Park though against Star and Garter which we all agreed was ridiculous and took the edge off the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 6:18 pm

Could of been worse u cld of played ur semi on the hill in thurmaston
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

well i would be happy to just make a semi Embarassed
when most teams are paying £80 for a home game with a ref, £67 does not seem outrageous
when you are getting 2 offical linesman as well
i agree there are not many good pitches in the county that are available for semi's
but for me having three officals does make it more special than a normal league game
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Rare_Breed

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm

Any news on the results page being updated?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

Technical problems still persist.......best I can do in the meantime

Arthur Moore Semi Finals
Barcabullona 2 Mowmacre 1
Sparta Moshdock 0 Star & Garter 2
Division 1
AC Wigston 3 East Goscote Athletic 0
Monsell WMC 2 AFC Royal Oak 2
Seaton 1 Wigston United 1
Division 2
Desford Athletic 1 Leicester Foxes 4
LDA Spartans 3 Athletic Blaby 3
Niffy Rangers 0 New Parks Estate 4
Thurmaston WMP 2009 Reserves 5 FC Pochin 1
Division 3
FC Tumar 0 Swinford Chequers 2
Horse 6 Countesthorpe Athletic 2012 4
Huncote Sunday 3 Wigston Rangers 0
Leicester Bharat Talbot 4 Leicester Klub Sportowy 5
Sileby Athletic 4 AFC Bees Knees 2
Division 4
CFA 6 Bulls Head Whetstone 0
Leicestershire Constabulary 10 Spinney Hill 1
Sporting Birstall 1 Aylestone Lounge 5
The Star Inn 5 Queniborough Park Rangers 2
Division 5
Dukla St Andrews 3 Aberdale Galacticos 2
Royalist 10 Inter Mivan 2
Vale 4 Wigston Fields 2012 2
Wigston Plough Rovers 2 Global Athletic 2
Division 6
Knighton Park 0 Glenfield United 5
United East Midlands 1 Medz 3
White Horse Wanderers 3 Fairfield Athletic 1
Division 7
Blaby United Sunday 2012 2 Wigston Rangers Reserves 3
CSKA Carnabys Reserves 6 FC City of Leicester 5
Lutterworth Club 1 Groby Town 2
Newdawn Athletic 2 The Alliance 1
The Plough Wigston 1 Thurnby Rangers Regninor 0
Tophouse 3 Little Bowden 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 15 March    Banter - Sunday 15 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 15 March
Page 1 of 1