Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 3 March

Go down 
+22
CalamityScouse
chappo94
countesthorpe united
Hellboy
Polska legend II
L.K.F.C
BUSFC Zack
driver666
Paulo
mthompson08
Blackie
spartamoshdock
Hairy Hebrew!
The Plough
Widds
Jedster
scottyh
TheWinger
oily
Michu9
CSKA19Carnabys
Gordon
26 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 3 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Mar 2013, 6:51 pm

Remember - players can no longer be signed on prior to any game. You have now got to see the season through with the players you have,

Last edited by Gordon on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

The Plough 1 Cska Seconds 1

A tough fought game between two equal sides imo. A few spicy tackles and incidents but no malice ever intended.

Dave ashford with a wonderful strike to put CSKA ahead before a late counter attack leveller by Ploughs best player the young number 7. He could easily play at a higher level

Cheers Plough for a decent game, all the best
Back to top Go down
Michu9

Michu9

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 1:13 pm

Pochin 0-2 QPR

Weren't at our best today. Dominated opening half hour then a diving header from Blackie into his own net gave QPR the lead. A cross looped over our keeper for their second but taking nothing away from QPR they made it hard for us.

Very end to end game we just couldn't find the killer touch in front of goal. All the best to QPR for the remainder of this season. As for us, some good news off the pitch as our gaffers finally gonna get some much needed support on the line next year, hopefully be able to produce a consistent season next year

Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 1:16 pm

N.kilworth 2 webbys 2 Ryan ellingworth with equalizer has he transfered from phoenix
Back to top Go down
TheWinger

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

Sporting birstal 5 - 1 hat&beaver
Good performance from birstal could of been about ten but the keeper made sum good 1 on 1 saves.
Well done to jake whitmore with 4 goals and to luke underwood for the other.
Also well done to H&B they dint give up and kept trying but birstals defence was solid!
Unhappy to not get a clean sheet happy with the 3 points and can't ask for anymore from the lads!
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 2:18 pm

great win today for lks against gd aylestone side sitting 2nd in the league ray hawksley hat trick did the job well done 2 aylestone kept going 2 the end gd side b there at the end am sure
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 2:27 pm

oscars 7-1 thurmaston... FACT... as for thurmo lino hes the fairest ive ever seen and our boys destroyed em end of.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 2:52 pm

We lost to advance 6-2. Bit disappointed as we were only 2-1 down with about twenty to go. Then 4-2. Losing earl Murray in first half affected us a lot. Having said all that, advance were class. Wheeler holds the ball up better than anyone i have seen in Sunday football and the centre half s were quality. Thought Maisto in centre mid was quality as well. Enjoyed the game
Back to top Go down
The Plough

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 3:21 pm

The Plough Wigston 1 -1 CSKA Carnabys

Not a bad game today with all the players we had out and the keeper letting us down last minute. Even with our star striker in goal we should of won this, it was a beautiful strike by dave ash though, apart from that they never troubled us. I would count today as 2 points lost instead of a point gained, never mind roll on next week
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 3:24 pm

Stokes Cup Semi Final!

Afc Royal Oak 4-0 North Kilworth

Goals
Chris Dexter (2)
Simon Herbert
Shaun Doyle

Missing a few players and a depleted squad saw us going into the game with couple of subs on the bench! Missing last weeks Hat Trick hero Lovey, our very own Rory Delap, and Lil Ferret Coxy to name but a few!
Kicked off and Kilworth seemed to start the better getting a few decisions on their way but once we had settled we got well in our stride! Was 2-0 up after 15 mins which stunned Kilworth and seem to be rocked for the rest of the half! The first two goals were through Chris Dexter who I believe was supposed to have a man marker on him but didn't do much of a great job! Free kick from just inside kilworths half was sent over to the back stick finding Dexter in acres and smashed it first time full on the volley! Cracking goal! The second was a free header at a corner which put us well in the driving seat!
Second half we picked up where we left off seeing Simon Herbert getting his first goal of the season, a scrappy goal but well deserved! Shaun Doyle also added the fourth from a flick on at a corner!

There was a few tasty tackles out there today which only showed how much both teams wanted it! Ecstatic we kept a clean sheet against a dangerous team!

Commiserations to North Kilworth, we know only too well how it feels to lose a semi final! Can see them bouncing back and finishing the season strong and successfully!

Proud of our lads after having a few terrible years but today made up for it and a revisit to Holmes park after a very long absence!

Congrats also to Monsell Wmc! Very impressive result!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 3:40 pm

Prem Sports 1 - 4 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

Aaron Preston x 3
Jon Tature

Needed a big performance today after one of our worst runs and we got one.

Pretty equal start to the game, but we played some great football and Jon Tature managed to score, some what luckily, from a corner. We then caught Prem Sports on a fantastic counter attack with Aaron Preston tucking it away neatly.

A slight defensive error then gifted Prem a goal just before half time. 1-2 at half time.

The second half seemed relatively quiet and we managed to defend well, play some quality football and stretch Prem with Aaron bagging another two.

We know Prem weren't at full strength, but neither were we and if you'd told us a few years ago that we'd beat Prem away 4-1 we'd think we were dreaming.

Hoping this can push us on now. Well played Prem, see you again in the Arthur Moore quarter.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 3:44 pm

Michu9 wrote:
Pochin 0-2 QPR

Weren't at our best today. Dominated opening half hour then a diving header from Blackie into his own net gave QPR the lead. A cross looped over our keeper for their second but taking nothing away from QPR they made it hard for us.

Very end to end game we just couldn't find the killer touch in front of goal. All the best to QPR for the remainder of this season. As for us, some good news off the pitch as our gaffers finally gonna get some much needed support on the line next year, hopefully be able to produce a consistent season next year

I said no match report this week!!
Back to top Go down
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 3:48 pm

Little Bowden 3-1 Global Athletic
Panter 2
Burton

I didn't play myself but thought we derserved it as we played well at both ends for a change. both sides created chances and it could have gone either way. its nice to see us come out on top. the game itself was a good contest and enjoyable to watch. the global lads took defeat well and joined us for food afterwards. good luck for the rest of the season

hopefully we can use this to push on with and try to finish the season strongly
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

Congrats to all the finalists....good luck at Holmes Park enjoy the occasion!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Great result for royal oak today, well done lads.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

CFA LOST TO COUNTESTHORPE - SHOCK RESULT OF THE DAY
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:04 pm

driver666 wrote:

Cheers mate! You too! Strikers starting to find the net now!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:11 pm

MDH 3 - 2 Desford (aet)

Firstly a huge congrats to Desford who represented themselves fantastically. Yes we know we were missing a number of players today but we've known that for weeks so its not worth discussing. We had a team we believed were good enough and frankly it nearly wasn't! We started fine and deservedly took the league but then Desford came back putting more pressure on our back line than we've seen most of the season.
2 goals in the first half including a "killer" just before half time and we knew we were in for a fight, but that's exactly what we did. As Desford pulled off Ryan up top we ramped up the pressure and after a few near misses Dom Page billeted a header in off the under side of the bar with minutes left to play. The full time team talk needed nothing, our tails were up and we took the lead but still we had a few hairy moments as Desford pushed forward.
They never gave up and it never got "stupid" 2 teams just threw whatever they had on the day all over the pitch.
Delighted to be there we'll give it everything!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:23 pm

Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.
We didn't take them lightly, I felt we always had a bit too much for them, they had all the possession first 30 minutes, but then a class goal from Lukasz meant we had the last 15. Second half we gave the ball away far too many times, and lacked bite upfront. Again, although they enjoyed quite a bit of possession, they didn't really hurt us and our back 5 were superb. Just felt we always played with a bit up our sleeve, they lacked an out and out striker but fair play they really played well.
Congratulations to MDH, you are favourites to win the final, that's how we like it
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:37 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.
We didn't take them lightly, I felt we always had a bit too much for them, they had all the possession first 30 minutes, but then a class goal from Lukasz meant we had the last 15. Second half we gave the ball away far too many times, and lacked bite upfront. Again, although they enjoyed quite a bit of possession, they didn't really hurt us and our back 5 were superb. Just felt we always played with a bit up our sleeve, they lacked an out and out striker but fair play they really played well.
Congratulations to MDH, you are favourites to win the final, that's how we like it

Its about time both hard working consistent teams have made it through, chuffed to bits for both teams, hope its a great final, i might even have to come and watch this one, well done to all involved.
Back to top Go down
countesthorpe united

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:39 pm

dont know why you were all ranting about cfa!! they werent even that good and especially losing to us! we played better teams then them!!
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:47 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
driver666 wrote:

Cheers mate! You too! Strikers starting to find the net now!

Yes mate, got some quality upfront now, still missed a lot today should have been double figures. Work in progress , still young lads and looking forward to next season already, looking forward to our games against you mate, see you soon.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:47 pm

countesthorpe united wrote:
dont know why you were all ranting about cfa!! they werent even that good and especially losing to us! we played better teams then them!!

I don't think it's all bigging up Cfa as much as it is us saying how many poor results you his have had. A team gets lucky sometimes. Maybe they haven't recovered from the loss against kilworth. Anyway I'm pretty sure they lost the gameore than you won it Smile

P.s PNB is so poor
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
countesthorpe united wrote:

I don't think it's all bigging up Cfa as much as it is us saying how many poor results you his have had. A team gets lucky sometimes. Maybe they haven't recovered from the loss against kilworth. Anyway I'm pretty sure they lost the gameore than you won it Smile

P.s PNB is so poor

blimey anyone'd think they've just bought their first condom, and used it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 6:07 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.

Its about time both hard working consistent teams have made it through, chuffed to bits for both teams, hope its a great final, i might even have to come and watch this one, well done to all involved.

very kind Hellboy thanks. why not have a word with Morley and see if you can get yourself a VIP spot and pick the man of the match?
Back to top Go down
chappo94

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

good point for oakfield, should have been more. still unbeating though the league is ours for the taking!
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

chappo94 wrote:
good point for oakfield, should have been more. Hurrendous decision to give seaton a penalty last minute! still unbeating though the league is ours for the taking!

I think to focus on that one decision really does miss the point, there were 4 penalties in the game, 2 of which I thought were definite, 2 which looked soft but I could see why they were given. I'm honest enough to say that's purely from my angle, I think the referee was actually well placed to make the call in all cases. Certainly better placed than those moaning on the sidelines (from both sides). It may have been disappointing to be pegged back right at the end (especially for your defence after being so resolute) , but I thought we were good value for a point.

Your clearly a good team, you don't win the league by chance, and the first half today you out played us. But you didn't offer a lot second half, other than the penalty I don't remember having to make another save.

Anyway, the reverse fixture should be a good game & I hope your number 20 is alright after having that nasty knock on his nose

Hellboy wrote:

Ill second that Helly, delighted for Polska especially - though who will be the man on the mike (and trying to pronounce those names)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 7:04 pm

Gordon? Feel a pre recording coming on
Back to top Go down
chappo94

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
chappo94 wrote:
good point for oakfield, should have been more. Hurrendous decision to give seaton a penalty last minute! still unbeating though the league is ours for the taking!

I think to focus on that one decision really does miss the point, there were 4 penalties in the game, 2 of which I thought were definite, 2 which looked soft but I could see why they were given. I'm honest enough to say that's purely from my angle, I think the referee was actually well placed to make the call in all cases. Certainly better placed than those moaning on the sidelines (from both sides). It may have been disappointing to be pegged back right at the end (especially for your defence after being so resolute) , but I thought we were good value for a point.

Your clearly a good team, you don't win the league by chance, and the first half today you out played us. But you didn't offer a lot second half, other than the penalty I don't remember having to make another save.

Anyway, the reverse fixture should be a good game & I hope your number 20 is alright after having that nasty knock on his nose

yeh i was gutted. we played well at the back second half but didnt offer anything. you came out of the traps early fair play to u. the ref had a good game till the end. your first peno was one with out a doubt but the second was a kick in the teeth for us having defended so well. looking forward to the return fixture Smile
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

chappo94 wrote:
yeh i was gutted. we played well at the back second half but didnt offer anything. you came out of the traps early fair play to u. the ref had a good game till the end. your first peno was one with out a doubt but the second was a kick in the teeth for us having defended so well. looking forward to the return fixture Smile

Think it sums it up, I think we could talk about the second pen all day, and your lads certainly had there say about it during / after the game, I still think if you hadn't have got a pen for the same offence in our box, you would feel annoyed. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

I don't think the ref had any agenda, he just saw it as a foul.

Anyway, as I said, we could back and forth all day, I thought a draw was a fair enough result, both had a half (ironically uphill), here's to the return game
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 8:55 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.

by the way Helly, you missed a treat today. The one and only Katie hosted both teams today as the game was at huncote. I have to say she was as charming as ever and was a wonderful and gracious host.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 6:42 am

CalamityScouse wrote:
chappo94 wrote:
good point for oakfield, should have been more. still unbeating though the league is ours for the taking!

Hellboy wrote:

Ill second that Helly, delighted for Polska especially - though who will be the man on the mike (and trying to pronounce those names)
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

2-2 first half was pretty much all friar, are midfield didnt get into the game and when we blew two 1 0n 1's it didnt look good for the rest of the game but the gaffer droped a extra man into midfield and came out second knowing two goals is nothing in this division and a solid dek jones strike to get back in the game. didnt give up and leveled it with minutes to go both teams had a chance to win it and we cleared one of the line with seconds to go good battle.
ps well done ref on your first senior game done well and at 16 will def be a top ref over the next few years
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 9:10 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.

by the way Helly, you missed a treat today. The one and only Katie hosted both teams today as the game was at huncote. I have to say she was as charming as ever and was a wonderful and gracious host.
Too kind! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 12:46 pm

White Eagles 1-2 Royalist

Vinay Sidar

On the whole, extremely disappointed to lose this one after playing some excellent football throughout the match and keeping Rob Barnett under wraps for pretty much the majority of the match!

Just one thing I'd like to say first though... our pitch is terrible, it seems as if there are massive tractor tyre marks across our pitch which has left divots all over the place, hopefully no more heavy rain or we could be screwed again for a couple of weeks.

The game started fairly evenly with ourselves hitting Royalist on the counter a few times and creating some very good opportunities without really forcing their keeper into any saves. Then a ball over the top from Royalist and Rob Barnett scored to put Royalist 1 up, probably the only decent sniff he got at goal all game. Not too long after Vinay Sidar went on a mazy run and was taken out on the edge of the box just as he had a shot... his resulting shot went under their keeper and in but the referee brought it back for the free kick as he thought it would have been a comfortable save for the keeper and so no advantage. Not much we can do with this situation but just shows how football is decided by a matter of seconds!

Came out after half time at 1-0, despite being the better side first half. Second half, our domination continued, a clear chance from 6 yards out blasted over, our winger slicing an effort on the dive from 6 yards out after the keeper made a good save, their keeper made another one-on-one save and numerous other opportunities, just seemed as if it wasn't going to be our day! Typical then that Royalist hit us on the counter with 5 minutes to go with a rare second half chance to make it 2-0 and then we score perhaps 20 seconds after we kick off again!

Fair play to the Royalist lads, they ground in and are a very sound bunch of lads and we look forward to the return leg. Title looking extremely unlikely now, going to push for promotion though and aim to build towards next season when we lose 4 first teamers to university duties once again!

Congratulations to Oak on reaching the Stokes Cup final! Excellent achievement and all the best!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0.

Gutted i missed that, i'm still crying in my heartshaped pillow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 3 March    Banter - Sunday 3 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 3 March
Page 1 of 1