Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 20 March

Go down 
+22
Jimmyb
WILKSY
Whistle Blower
Joey-Gattuso
Skeems
NiffyA
norty14
greeeedy
Paulo
Hellboy
THE MAGICIAN
Widds
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Fieldy
Plough new boy
Hairy Hebrew!
Cobbo
sean callaghan
mowmacre fc
Alan Partridge
spartano1
Gordon
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 20 March Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 10:15 pm

On the last Sunday before Brtish Summer Time begins - how did winter football end for you?
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 1:11 pm

sparta 4-2 desford

clarke 2
hyatt
s.riley

started off very slowly going 2-0 down then decided to play, good performance in the end, ref very strange decisions but all in all good day
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Sunbury 0 Fosse 0

A poor game. Sunbury were nowhere near there best. Few changes to the side, but it should not have caused us too many issues.

Sunbury missed a sitter right at the end to seal it, but it wasnt be.

Oh....and the Sunbury keeper made 'the best save I have ever seen in Sunday League football'. Not my words, but the words of Fosse's Number 9!!

I think he was taking the p*ss though!!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 1:19 pm

sunburys keeper can make saves he made a couple against us last week
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 1:57 pm

desford were beat today by a side that wanted it far more was supprised really to go 2 up as quick as we did on 2 breaks really they are a decent side and just wanted it more than us when they got playing which i fell we let them do a bit too much thwy looked much better and think they will challenge for title although looked shakey at back especially at start they have a few decent players there well done lads as much as it hurts to say it.
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Sunbury 0 Fosse 0

A poor game. Sunbury were nowhere near there best. Few changes to the side, but it should not have caused us too many issues.

Oh....and the Sunbury keeper made 'the best save I have ever seen in Sunday League football'. Not my words, but the words of Fosse's Number 9!!

I was more impressed by his circa 92-94 Kevin Poole esque keeper jersey!! Lovely stuff.

Very tight game, both teams had a couple good chances but couldn't take them. Think a point was a fair result.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 3:04 pm

to your question gordon, poop! just like the whole of the winter season Smile
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

Bowden 5 kibworth 3.

Think kibworth had couple off players missing from we last played them. Could have gone either way at three all, we got the fourth though,then they stuck 4 up top and we grabbed 5th. They missed there lad that played 23 in our last game against us.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 3:22 pm

Harrow 5-2 Birstall

Great scoreline, poor performance. Early season would have seen us lose 2-0 today but thankfully the goals are coming, not bad either considering one of our players never turned up today and had a hand in both there goals, which brings the fact home even more that it's time to hang up my boots, lol.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 3:33 pm

Wigston Rangers 3-3 Harborough hotshots

Considering we had so many players missing was a cracking result, could easily have come away with 3 points, would like to thank the fella that came in and reffed it for us, he did a great job. Hotshots lads seemed nicer than perhaps they have been made out to be.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

We struggled to create anything today. Not sure if that was down to us or down to Magna. They scored a great free kick after our defender apparently handballed it when he had his back to their player. Magna had a lad in centre of the park who was class on the ball. They worked hard and got the result. Fair play to Ross and the boys. They Will be a big part of this title race.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

Didn't really enjoy todays game one bit, very frustrating as we couldn't get going at all. Won't say it was us that never got going I think it was more down to Magna stopping us. We will take this defeat firmly on the chin and move on. Since I've been with NRI the lads have been first class so not going to moan. Its how we react to this set back is what counts. A lot gets said on here about referee's but I thought today's ref was a very good one and tried to let the game flow which is good to see, not sure of his name though ? Would also like to congratulate Inter Mivan on gaining their first point today. Well done boys.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Wigston Rangers 3-3 Harborough hotshots

Considering we had so many players missing was a cracking result, could easily have come away with 3 points, would like to thank the fella that came in and reffed it for us, he did a great job. Hotshots lads seemed nicer than perhaps they have been made out to be.

Was it really you that scored that header, or was it your hair?
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:07 pm

It was me, a diving header, the first of my career and I meant it! Truly a magnificent moment.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

Brilliant!!!!more to follow...the next Peter Crouch.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

Magna 2 - 0 NRI
Hogan Smith
Ross Griffin

Perhaps not our most prettiest performance today, but think we fully deserved to win. very even game, competitve and 100% effort from both sides. Hogan scored direct from free kick and I managed to make things safe towards the end. Widds made a super save from my header not sure how he got it tbh, and we also hit the post. The ref tried to play advantage whereever he could which was refreshing to see (Glenn Stewart, btw Malc). Thanks to Widds, Malc and his lads, two fantastic games, they have been a great addition to the league- i still think they will deservedly win the league. Our player Widds refers to is Eddy Isufi, no chicko was getting annoyed after he megged him a few times, quality on the ball and is a match winner on his day

Good luck to NRI for the rest of the season and in the final. Hopefully play u boys in the cup next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

wigston 0 - 7 bullies

1 way traffic and a pretty routine win today. we werent at our best and had a couple out wigston only had 10 men aswell i think so credit to them for getting it going. dominated the game from start to finish and probably shouldve had more (their keeper playing very well). a decent bunch of lads there after what has gone on there this season and hope they stay together.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:56 pm

azul zorros 2 qpr 3

we didn't deserve to win but we battled to the end and scored 2 in the last 5 mins. zorro boys were a not a bad bunch, people on the side lines (group of women/ girls shouting abuse after the final whistle) let them down as well as their striker (old boy,don't know his name)
i went in for a challenge and he jumped in at me, as we got up he tried to kick me and then the next thing i know i was on the floor spitting blood!!! totally unprovoked and he got a straight red but he needs banning for a long time!!! apparently he turned round and threw a punch which put me on the floor!(not that i remember as it knocked me out and i have a cut/ swollen face where my head hit the floor) he then tried to apologise at half time but with a smile on his face!! who ever gets the refs report if you see this, you need to ban him for a very long time!! their lads were saying he was sent of before for biting a players nose!! don't know how true this is, but if true he has form!! i suggest you act now before he goes out to hurt someone else!!!

Mad

although it was sweet to set the winning goal up!!! boy did i celebrate!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:07 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Magna 2 - 0 NRI
Hogan Smith
Ross Griffin

Perhaps not our most prettiest performance today, but think we fully deserved to win. very even game, competitve and 100% effort from both sides. Hogan scored direct from free kick and I managed to make things safe towards the end. Widds made a super save from my header not sure how he got it tbh, and we also hit the post. The ref tried to play advantage whereever he could which was refreshing to see (Glenn Stewart, btw Malc). Thanks to Widds, Malc and his lads, two fantastic games, they have been a great addition to the league- i still think they will deservedly win the league. Our player Widds refers to is Eddy Isufi, no chicko was getting annoyed after he megged him a few times, quality on the ball and is a match winner on his day

Good luck to NRI for the rest of the season and in the final. Hopefully play u boys in the cup next year.

On the scoresheet there Paulo?!?!
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:13 pm

NPE 1 - 1 NPE

Jamie Ward goalscorer.

Really embarrassed by the game today. 7-8 players for NPE wanted and did play football for NPE, the other 3-4 just wanted to fight and intimidate us. This was reflected by a red card really early for them followed by there linesman head butting our centre back(me). Think the ref was a little intimidated by the NPE team and think the game could have and probably should have been called off for a couple of reasons - but guess that will be in the Ref's report.
Lost 2 points at the end of the game but realistically feel that a point each was a fair result.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

Magna 73 Rangers 2-2 GT

2nd time in 3 weeks we have drawn 2-2 with GT.

2 players didnt show up, didnt let us know or anything.

Then they went 1-0 up which caused a fight between our keeper and left winger which rightly seen our keeper sent off.

Ogden then equalised and amazingly we went 2-1 up with 10 men.

GT levelled though and they will be dissapointed they didnt win but we deserved a point for digging in.

The player in question apologised personally to everyone and got a round in at the pub

Back to top Go down
Joey-Gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:20 pm

norty14 wrote:
azul zorros 2 qpr 3

we didn't deserve to win but we battled to the end and scored 2 in the last 5 mins. zorro boys were a not a bad bunch, people on the side lines (group of women/ girls shouting abuse after the final whistle) let them down as well as their striker (old boy,don't know his name)
i went in for a challenge and he jumped in at me, as we got up he tried to kick me and then the next thing i know i was on the floor spitting blood!!! totally unprovoked and he got a straight red but he needs banning for a long time!!! apparently he turned round and threw a punch which put me on the floor!(not that i remember as it knocked me out and i have a cut/ swollen face where my head hit the floor) he then tried to apologise at half time but with a smile on his face!! who ever gets the refs report if you see this, you need to ban him for a very long time!! their lads were saying he was sent of before for biting a players nose!! don't know how true this is, but if true he has form!! i suggest you act now before he goes out to hurt someone else!!!

Mad

although it was sweet to set the winning goal up!!! boy did i celebrate!! Very Happy

Can't believe we lost mate Sad we battled well with 10 men for almost the whole game. What are striker did was uncalled for and completely stupid, fair play to you for carrying on mate.
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
A lot gets said on here about referee's but I thought today's ref was a very good one
...cheers, thanks for the support.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Magna 2 - 0 NRI
Hogan Smith
Ross Griffin

Yes mate, been a while. what u doing that far up the pitch to bag lol
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Magna 2 - 0 NRI
Hogan Smith
Ross Griffin

Yes mate, been a while. what u doing that far up the pitch to bag lol

when on a mad dazzling run...joke....corner surprise surprise....they were really not happy with me!! hehe
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 6:24 pm

sounds like it!!!
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 7:16 pm

NiffyA wrote:
NPE 1 - 1 NPE

Jamie Ward goalscorer.

Really embarrassed by the game today. 7-8 players for NPE wanted and did play football for NPE, the other 3-4 just wanted to fight and intimidate us. This was reflected by a red card really early for them followed by there linesman head butting our centre back(me). Think the ref was a little intimidated by the NPE team and think the game could have and probably should have been called off for a couple of reasons - but guess that will be in the Ref's report.
Lost 2 points at the end of the game but realistically feel that a point each was a fair result.

fight and intimidate you? have a word with yourself, u was the prat causing all the poor and winding every1 up. even your own players was ashamed of you, vimto even walked off the pitch and went home cos u was such a prat! feel sorry for ur lads cos if u wasn't such a knob u might of had a chance of winning the league. thanks for the 4 points we've had off u tho, been a pleasure! Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 7:56 pm

WILKSY wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
NPE 1 - 1 NPE

Jamie Ward goalscorer.

fight and intimidate you? have a word with yourself, u was the prat causing all the poor and winding every1 up. even your own players was ashamed of you, vimto even walked off the pitch and went home cos u was such a prat! feel sorry for ur lads cos if u wasn't such a knob u might of had a chance of winning the league. thanks for the 4 points we've had off u tho, been a pleasure! Laughing

Oh dear, were you watching a different game?!?! Yeah Mick did walk off - n that is summit I'll sort out with him. But you guys need to focus on the football - when you started playing football - you looked pretty good. But the game was a farce because all your lads and mine were more concerned about whether it was gonna be a punch up. If you wanna give a bit of banter then be ready to get the same back - you play in Pink!! haha!! Joker. Keep the 4 points - glad the ringers could step in this morning to help you out....oh and the fine for the red card and whatever the ref puts in - hope that goes down well - cant wait to see you guys fold!!

Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 8:02 pm

Dont want to see npe fold. Thats there way, everyone plays there game the way they play, was not immitated by npe myself, and after game all shook hands and was sound to be fair,dont get bullied niffy a
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

we dont play ringers, infact have too many players signed on thanks! FOLD lol yea right
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 8:17 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Magna 2 - 0 NRI
Hogan Smith
Ross Griffin

Because i am fleet of foot....hours in the gym help me to be so agile lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

Widds wrote:

Because i am fleet of foot....hours in the gym help me to be so agile lol

Good god, you've just reminded me of that Eric Prydz video..
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

Haha slick!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 10:07 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Sunbury 0 Fosse 0

Awesome save, but if i'm honest, you shouldn't have been on the pitch to make it..... Mad
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 11:00 pm

Deano's got his wooden spoon out again!
Back to top Go down
WUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 8:47 am

greeeedy wrote:
wigston 0 - 7 bullies

1 way traffic and a pretty routine win today. we werent at our best and had a couple out wigston only had 10 men aswell i think so credit to them for getting it going. dominated the game from start to finish and probably shouldve had more (their keeper playing very well). a decent bunch of lads there after what has gone on there this season and hope they stay together.

pretty accurate really, was always a case of how much..... we had 10 for the whole game and the manager playing a CB! not a good day for us as we have been getting closer to people over the weeks.

got to say pretty ambarrassing for us, i ran around like a t*t for no good reason but thats what its about, never giving up....

Bullies are a quality side with some great players.... gonna be hard with 11 impossible with 10......

Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 10:44 am

Whistle Blower wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:
A lot gets said on here about referee's but I thought today's ref was a very good one

Are you thanking in general or were you our Ref yesterday ?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 11:06 am

WUFC wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
wigston 0 - 7 bullies

pretty accurate really, was always a case of how much..... we had 10 for the whole game and the manager playing a CB! not a good day for us as we have been getting closer to people over the weeks.

got to say pretty ambarrassing for us, i ran around like a t*t for no good reason but thats what its about, never giving up....

Bullies are a quality side with some great players.... gonna be hard with 11 impossible with 10......

yeah u have been getting closer to teams and thought that the way u never gave up was 1 of ur best attributes. like i say hope u boys stay together next season and maybe in the right division u'll get a few wins under ur belt.
good luck for the future wigston
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 11:08 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Are you thanking in general or were you our Ref yesterday ?

probably being a gonad like usual malc
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Alan Partridge wrote:
Sunbury 0 Fosse 0

Awesome save, but if i'm honest, you shouldn't have been on the pitch to make it..... Mad
Come on Mr G, high boot!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 March   Banter for Sunday 20 March Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 20 March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next